I’ll take care of you, Jae oppa! 

Escape The Past

I’ll take care of you, Jae oppa! 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

 

“I always help Umma!” 

 

“Oh, you do? What a big girl you are!” 

 

Minyoung said smiling wide to the happy girl. 

 

“Yes, Melody is the best...” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled ruffling his daughter’s hair gently. 

 

“How about we both help him today?” 

 

Jaejoong sighed smiling, his cheeky neighbor got Melody on her team, seeing them high-five before helping clear the table. 

 

********** 

 

“Ouaah! This tree is so big!” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled hearing his child, it was only a meter and a half tall, but to her it looks big up close. 

 

“You like it?” 

 

Melody nodded happily jumping up in her place. 

 

“What do you think Emo (Aunt)?” 

 

Melody asked Minyoung whom was smiling happily at her. 

 

“It looks awesome! What are you going to put on it?” 

 

Melody looked confused first before her eyes went wide. 

 

“Umma! We have no decorations!” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at his pouting girl whom sat on the floor sad. 

 

“Who said so?” 

 

He asked smiling. 

 

“We didn’t buy any...” 

 

Melody’s pout made him coo at her, picking her up, hugging her. 

 

“I bought some decorations and lights... but we will make the rest...” 

 

“Really?!” 

 

Melody’s huge smile made him laugh and kiss her. 

 

“Yes, really! We will hand the decorations we have, then we will decide what to do...” 

 

“Yaaaay!!!” 

 

Melody cheered hopping around when her mother put her down. 

 

“You need help?” 

 

Minyoung asked, seeing the other carrying in a large box. 

 

“I need you to have fun with us... this is Melody’s first time, decorating a tree...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling at his happy little girl, with a sad face. 

 

“Is it? No wonder she is all over the place...” 

 

Minyoung smiled, patting the other’s shoulder. 

 

“You are a great mother Jae...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at her with a soft smile. 

 

“Thank you Min-ah... now who is ready to decorate the Christmas tree?” 

 

Melody and Minyoung both cheered at him, making his smile wider. 

 

****** 

 

“It looks amazing....” 

 

Minyoung said with a content smile, watching the lights flicker on the decorated tree. 

 

“It does... thank you for your help... I hope we didn’t tire you... Melody can be a handful, sometimes...” 

 

Jaejoong said, caressing his daughter’s hair gently as she fell asleep in his lap. 

 

“No, not at all... I had a great time... Melody is such a sweet kid...” 

 

She replied meeting his eyes. 

 

“I didn’t know, you can draw... those decorations you did... man they look great!” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled at her, his eyes looking at the small glittered angels and snowflakes that were hanged on the tree, it wasn’t hard to draw for him, and melody loves to draw and color with him every now and then. 

 

“It’s not much... but they do look good... I’m glad she had a good time...” 

 

Smiling at his asleep daughter, caressing her hair, feeling his chest tighten... hoping he can give his daughter everything he can in the future... he will work hard to make sure she doesn’t miss or need anything... 

 

“Jae... are you ok?” 

 

Looking up meeting Minyoung’s concerned face, he must have lost track, thinking about the future. 

 

“I am...” 

 

Smiling wide to her. 

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

She asked again, noticing his wet eyes. 

 

“Positive! Let’s have some tea while I bake something... this little monster will wake up demanding a dessert soon...” 

 

Hearing her neighbor, she nodded and smiled to him, walking to the kitchen, after laying melody’s on the couch, covering her with a blanket. 

 

 “I’m here you know... if you ever need someone to talk to...”  

 

She said as soon as they sat down with the hot cups. 

 

“I know... Thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong met her eyes, thinking that her husband might have told her his story, giving her his best smile. 

 

“Minyoung-ah... I’m aware that Taecyeon-ssi may have told you my situation... but, please you don’t have to... I’m alright...” 

 

“Tae? He didn’t tell me anything... he doesn’t confide about his work to anyone...  he has no right to do that... not his story to tell... though he sometimes talks about his cases when they are closed...” 

 

“Oh?” 

 

Jaejoong wasn’t expecting it. 

 

“Listen... I like spending time with you and melody... I’m not here to pry on you or know your story...” 

 

“I... I thought you already knew...” 

 

She smiled at him. 

 

“I don’t have to know if you don’t want me to... but I’m here if you do...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at her gratefully. 

 

“You do bake a lot...” 

 

Minyoung said. 

 

“I do... I like cooking and baking...” 

 

“No wonder... your food taste so good! I want to live in your kitchen...” 

 

Jaejoong laughed pulling ingredients to make a cake. 

 

“Thank you, Minyoung-ah... I haven’t had a friend other than Minmin in a long time... I’m really glad...” 

 

“Huh? Minmin? Who is she?” 

 

“Oh, It’s a he... Changmin...” 

 

Jaejoong said giggling. 

 

“I’ve known him since college... and he is the only one that stood by my side when I needed a friend...” 

 

“He sounds sweet...” 

 

Minyoung smiled. 

 

“He is a brat... and I think he stuck to me because he likes my cooking... he loves food more than anything...” 

 

Jaejoong said giggling and smiling thinking of his dongsang. 

 

“I agree... your food taste like heaven... I’d do anything to keep eating it... so I guess... I’ll follow Changmin-ssi steps... and be your new best friend! I’m also a Min!” 

 

Jaejoong laughed covering his mouth with his palm. 

 

“Sounds like a plan” 

 

He said getting a nod and a smile from the shorter girl. 

 

“I’ll take care of you, Jae oppa!” 

 

“Oppa?” 

 

Jaejoong stopped the electric whisker, after mixing the cake batter, looking at Minyoung puzzled. 

 

“I know we are the same age... but you still a month older than me... so I’ll take care of you, Jae oppa!” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at the other’s cuteness. 

 

“You are cute, Min-ah...” 

 

He said giggling at his new friend who started asking questions about his recipe wanting to learn it.