Forty ninth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS!AS PROMISED, SECOND UPDATE!

Thank you to all the subscribers who patiently waits for my updates.

Here you go, Detective Amber Liu in action.

 

 

 

CHAPTER 49

 

 

 

 

“Listen here…” I straightened in my seat as Chief Cho stood in front of the screen. We are all inside the meeting room, Peniel and Kyungsoo joining me with the Task Force that Chief Cho created to arrest Park Jin Young. We expect Minho to be here but due to unexplained reason he didn’t show up this morning. Even Jinri can’t contact him. Where is that fool?

 

Ever since Soojung and I came back, he’s been missing a lot of times. Always, in critical moments.   

 

“The intelligence report gathered this morning confirmed that Park Jin Young is hiding inside this small house near Incheon port. He is reportedly waiting for the boat that will take him to China…” he flicked the button of his remote and showed the aerial view of the small house he is saying. It was like a make shift house in the middle of the port. “I hope this time we catch him. If we fail again it means one person inside this meeting room is leaking all the information we discuss prior to Park Jin Young’s arrest! Who is the traitor in all of you!? Tell me!” Chief Cho angrily said, pounding his fist on the table.

 

I can’t stop him for feeling like that. It frustrates us all, all the raids we conducted prior today were all failed. The bastard already fled and far away from us the time we arrive on his alleged hide out. Its like someone is tipping him information coming inside our Station.  

 

“Liu, where the hell is ChoiMin again?! Everytime we have a briefing like this, he’s always not here! That’s it! I’m taking him out of the Task Force starting today! Tell him not to follow us at the meeting place and just stay here in the Station! Wait, what if he is the one who leaks our operation?! Sunny!”

 

“Yes Chief Cho?!”

 

“Call ChoiMin right now, put him in speaker phone!”

 

“Yes Sir!” Sunny unnie gave me a look asking for help. I gave her my phone looking for Minho’s number on the contact list and gave it to her. She tapped on the number shown on the screen and set it in speaker phone, a few moments later it started ringing.

 

“Hello! This is Minho! Please leave a message after the beep! Beep! Beep!….” the real beep came after he finished saying the beep stupidly.  

 

 …

 

Voicemail.

 

“Sir…”

 

“I know Sunny… okay.” Chief Cho took a deep breath, calming his self and nodding at us. “Like what I said, ChoiMin is already out of this team. Please look closely at the photos taken through intelligence gathering. Park Jin Young is living there together with his assistant and 2 of his armed men. All of them are armed and has a lot of his men scattered around the port so we have to enter that place taking them down first.”

 

“First team, take care of them. Second team, we go straight to the house and corner him. We have to surround the structure, all exit points. Our goal is to get him alive.”

 

The photos taken of Park Jin Young walking around the port wearing his disguise makes my blood boil. I’m going to get you, you bastard. Wait for me… my guns are ready… already clean, lock and loaded.

 

I promise to get him…

 

But I won’t promise he will be breathing by then.

 

He fires at me, I fire back. That’s it.

 

“I’m giving you all 10 minutes to prepare, be ready to roll. We will catch that bastard today and if we fail again, I will get the head of the person of that traitor. Understand?”

 

“Sir, Yes Sir!” we all gave him a salute while standing up. The three of us went straight to our office where we found Soojung and Jinri with Minseok huddled in the latter’s table looking at the computer laughing. What are they doing?

 

“What do we have here?…” Soojung pulled my arms pointing at the screen. It was a collection of Funny Videos on the internet that’s why they are laughing. Tsss…

 

“Hehehe… we’re just having fun. How’s the meeting?” she asked me.

 

“We’re going out in ten minutes, going to raid…” I stopped on what I am going to say remembering Chief Cho’s words. He might be right… what if someone is giving information from inside?

 

Peniel, Kyungsoo, and I all shared a look. We are all thinking the same…

 

“Where? Where is the raid?” She asked me again, her brows knitted.

 

I motioned Peniel to close the door of our office. Kyungsoo took over Minseok’s computer and played a loud rock song, the three of them eyeing us curiously. “Chief Cho thinks someone is leaking information out of the Station!” I shouted so they can hear. I turned to Jinri and asks her. “Where is Minho? Chief has been looking for him!”

 

“He doesn’t answer my calls! Soojung also tried to call him but failed, always ringing!”

 

“I don’t want to lose my trust on him but its always happening!” Peniel shouted too. “He started to get weird after Chief Park was arrested and Chief Cho entered our Station. I’ve been watching him especially when Detective LIU and JUNG were away!”

 

“Why are we shouting!?”

 

“Because I’m afraid that whatever we talk about is being recorded. We never know!”

 

“What’s the location!?” Soojung shouted asking. “Incheon port!” the three of them nodded. She motioned for Kyungsoo to stop the music and boy it was so loud my ears are ringing.

 

She and Jinri went to Minho’s table and started opening drawers, flipping the folders on top of it. One of the drawers was locked. The two shared a look before Jinri went to her table and pulled open her drawer, producing a screw driver. They tried to open it but still useless, losing patience, Soojung pulled her gun on her holster making me nervous! “Yah! Pregnant woman! No gun!”

 

*BANG!* *BANG!* *BANG!*

 

“Shut up Liu.” oh. She’s serious.

 

Jinri pulled the drawer, revealing to us a small, tube size voice recorder with a USB cord attached under the table and into his desk top computer that is running. He has this habit of forgetting to turn off his computer The red light was ON indicating that its recording. “That head! What is this doing here?!”

 

“Liu, Shin, Do! Chief is calling you three now! Let’s go!” one of the officers belonging to the arresting team called us outside the door already wearing his bullet proof vest. The three of us didn’t waste anytime and started checking our guns and magazines, bringing extra with us.

 

I can hear Soojung giving Jinri a command to bring the recorder to Chief Cho while Minseok took over and further check Minho’s desk. Soojung suddenly appeared in front of me holding my vest helping me wear it. Her eyes showing worry and anger, that Minho! Whatever he is doing, he better explain!

 

“Be careful. Bring an extra gun and magazine. And please… don’t be Robocop! You’re not made of steel!” I cringe on her nagging while she busies herself buckling up my vest. She was looking at me intently waiting for me to answer her.

 

“I will. And I won’t go Robocop, promise!” I raised my left hand doing the scout’s promise. “Stay here, okay? Wait for us to comeback, do not follow us! This will be quick.” she nodded at me and took my baseball cap on top of my table and placed it on my head backwards.

 

“Come back to me safely, Inspector Liu.” our gazes met, her hand took mine and placed it on top of her still flat stomach. It was just this morning that we tested and rejoiced for the positive results. I will come back… I will.

 

“Wait for me here. Whatever happens, I will come back. I promise you that Inspector Jung…” I cupped her face and planted a kiss on her forehead and a kiss on her lips, not minding the people around us. What for? They know us…

 

I broke the kiss and knelt down in front of her in one knee holding her waist, resting my face on her belly. I may look crazy but I don’t care! “Guys… wait for me later, arasso? I will be back… take care of Mommy for me. I love you guys…” I planted a kiss on her clothe belly before I stood up and gave Soojung a quick hug before turning to Peniel and Kyungsoo who I found watching us with their eyes tearing up. Tsss… “Let’s go!”

 

 

 

 

Incheon City Port

 

We arrived at the port, two teams going to their respective places. The first team quietly infiltrating the vicinity near the house and unarmed a total of 20 men while the others fled the scene and ran straight to their hide out. We better act fast or else he might escape again.

 

As soon as we got the signal, our team quietly entered the place and saw the house that was mentioned where he is hiding.

 

“Do, check if who is inside…” I commanded Do. He used his binoculars trying to see who is inside through the window. … I should have borrowed Kang’s binoculars that I used before… its more high powered than what we have right now.

 

“Detective, its positive. He is inside the house. There are also a handful of his men with him, all with guns.”

 

I turned to Chief Cho who nodded at us. “Good. Let’s make him go out of his cage.”

 

He motioned for the other officers to go at the back quietly while me, Kyungsoo, and Peniel ready our guns pointing it at the house when we heard gun shots being fired at the direction of where the other officers went. … I hope they are okay.

 

I kicked open the door and was welcomed with bullets being fired by his two men. We immediately ducked on whatever that can cover us and answered them with bullets too. I managed to take down one of his men while Park Jin Young continued on firing on us with his rifle.

 

“Peniel! Are you okay?!”

 

“Yes Detective!”

 

“Do!”

 

“Still here!”

 

They were firing rounds and rounds of bullets, thank God missing us. I made a signal to one of the officers holding my flash bomb, he also took his and together we pulled out the pin before throwing it to the bastards blinding them when it detonated.

 

“Clear!”

 

We all went out of our hiding places and found them all clutching their eyes. Flash bombs can make you disoriented, deactivates the light sensitive cells around your eyes for 5 seconds. The other officers left took them all and made them lie on the ground pointing their guns and arresting them. Some are missing!

 

I saw the door at the back swinging open. They probably went out there! Motioning for Peniel and Kyungsoo to follow me, we checked the door first pointing our gun ready for anything. No one was there, what we saw are their retreating backs. Park Jin Young running away with his five men and assistant like they were being chased by a hundred devils.

 

You can’t get away from us!

 

“Follow them! Peniel, if you can… shoot on their legs.”

 

“Yes Detective!”

 

We need them alive, so why not bring them alive but not walking.

 

At least we won’t be charge with overkill.

 

We ran after them, our guns on hold shooting them like wild ducks running for their life. This is like a shooting game in the arcade…

 

*BANG!* *BANG!*

 

Even when running, I know my target. I shot the legs and feet of one, instantly falling on the ground. One point.

 

*BANG!* *BANG!*

 

Kyungsoo spotted one, firing his gun and hitting the poor guy on his feet making him roll in the ground. They were also firing at us from their behind, reckless firing that it doesn’t even hit us or we immediately go for cover. Peniel also got one of the men, shooting both legs.

 

Three down. Four to go.

 

They started running again and reached a vehicle. They were firing their rifles on us, the three of us answering them with our shots. I ducked for cover changing my magazine while the other officers arrived too with Chief Cho helping us by firing their guns too.

 

“How many are left Liu?”

 

“Four Sir, including Park Jin Young. Three men down while escaping…” I cocked my gun again and saw one of his men biting the pin of a grenade. !

 

“Get cover! Grenade!” he threw the grenade in our direction, all of us scrambling for cover.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter