Seventeenth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update for today! 

I hope you all have a great weekend 😊

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“Detective Liu, are you listening to what I’m saying?” I suddenly jolted on my seat when Kyungsoo poked my cheeks getting my attention.

 

“Sorry Do, I just had something in my mind… as you were saying? How’s the info your informer has gathered about that White Phoenix?” he continued giving me insights on the report while my eyes drifted to Soojung who is sitting beside one of the Officers questioning an arrested pickpocketer. Her face showed seriousness while asking the criminal some questions while the victim is also there giving her statement.

 

Its been 5 days since Sooyeon and Soojung had a fight that night, my girlfriend only going home to get some things in her room every morning before we go to work. When I tried to ask her that morning about what happened, she just sighed while looking at me.

 

Her eyes showed vulnerability… and hurt.

 

I know I’m not in the proper place to meddle in this kind of family situations but I think I have to. Soojung does function well in the Station, she’s the type of person who doesn’t bring personal problems from home to work. Like I said, when at work… just work.

 

But when its time to go home, she falls in this somber mood and just rest her head on my lap when we settle on my couch at the living room while I watch TV. She wasn’t ready to talk about it for those 5 days and its okay, I respect her silence. All I can give her is my support and care, make her feel that she’s not alone and I’m always ready to listen.

 

I wasn’t really listening to the two of them that night. It was an accident, the kids and I were watching Little Mermaid in the living room when I remembered I left the sliding door of the balcony open in my room. I was going to close it when I heard Soojung’s voice rising when Sooyeon told her about marrying Yuri unnie in San Francisco.

 

Based on the tone of Soojung’s voice that night, she was disappointed. Staying there listening to the two sisters raising their voices to each other alarmed me. I was going to stop Soojung from talking like that to her sister but she beat me to it and called my name. Maybe she saw my shadow on the balcony standing behind the glass sliding door. I accompanied Dani home like she commanded then she went to my unit leaving me there with Sooyeon.

 

When I went back to my unit, she was already lying on the bed with Yerimie reading my niece a story. She likes hugging Yeri, I think she misses hugging Dani to sleep because since Sooyeon went home the kid sleeps now beside her mother. Dani adjusted well with Sooyeon, I think its Soojung who hasn’t adjusted well.

 

She’s too attached with Dani because she treats the kid as her own. The two of them together through all the days Sooyeon was not there for her daughter. I understand Sooyeon’s reason is because she’s working for the future of the kid but Soojung sacrificed a lot for Dani too.

 

I know Soojung loves her sister so much… their small misunderstanding will be resolve once they have a serious talk.

 

 

 

-------

Day 6


“Detective Liu, there has been reported burglaries at some stores around our vicinity. This is a captured footage of the burglar when he was trying to open the door.” Kyungsoo handed me the photo from a CCTV footage showing a guy wearing a baseball cap on his head and black face mask.

 

… too blurred. His face can’t be seen. The CCTV camera of the establishment is those ones that are cheap and crappy that the face of the persons are pixelated.

 

For the past month, the burglar already took a lot of valuable things in every store he enters. He’s working solo and good in picking locks, always strikes at hours that the stores are already closed and has crappy security alarms.

 

That’s what he targets, establishments that has low quality security alarm system. He seems to know what stores to target, I believe he scouts them first and build up a plan on how and when he will strike.

 

This is our new case, our investigation about White Phoenix is suspended by Chief Park saying the higher ups wants it to be stopped for the mean time because a lot of special individuals are complaining about being tagged on the case. Tsss… we didn’t do anything to them, we only asked them nicely if they will come to the Station to give a statement because they were seen entering the hotel where the White Phoenix are holding their headquarters at wee hours in the evening.

 

We are still continuing the investigation but in secret, just gathering evidences until we already have solid proof about their illegal ways and who protects them like this.

 

“Did the Police Officers already alerted the store owners one by one? The security systems of the establishments should also be checked, this kind of CCTV won’t work… tell the Officers to make a list of the stores who uses this kind of system and report it immediately. From there, we will know what stores to watch because I have a feeling he chooses those kind of shops because its easy to infiltrate without leaving a clear proof.” putting down the photo in my desk beside the other photos we collected, his face are all blurred.

 

Tsk tsk tsk… this can’t be.

 

I think he’s also the one who tried to enter Eric’s grocery before but did not succeed because the security alarm went off blaring, getting attention. Eric’s CCTV footage is clear even though it looks crappy, but the face wasn’t seen only the back of the burglars head was. How can we identify someone just by looking at his head?

 

After Kyungsoo said goodbye, I cleared my table preparing to go home. Its already past 7:00 in the evening, Soojung took her rest day today. I hope she and Sooyeon already had the talk… this not talking to each other thing shouldn’t last long.

 

I said goodbye to Minho who will be staying at the Station as our Night duty, Peniel and Minseok already went home by 6:00 because they will watch the concert of a famous girl group while Jinri took a half day because she said there’s an important meeting she has to attend to.

 

Walking to my car, my phone suddenly vibrated inside my pocket. Soojung’s photo flashing on the screen indicating that its her calling. It was a random shot of her laughing, in black and white and she looks so pretty while laughing her heart out. I swiped the screen answering her call because I missed her voice today.

 

“Hi babe… coming home now. How are you?” I entered the car and settled myself in before starting it.

 

“I miss you… come home quickly~…”

 

“I will. How’s your day? Did Yeri and Dani gave you a hard time?” I placed the phone on speaker mode putting it on the phone holder so I can already start the engine and drive home.

 

“I did the laundry today with Grandma Nam… then took Yeri to the Day care... Then we went to the Mall, then went around the Shopping district..."

 

“How about Dani?”

 

“She already went to the Day Care early, Sooyeon unnie took her. Dani ran to me when she saw me and Yeri entering the room hugging me tight.” she sighed deeply at the other line and I felt the sadness in her voice. Don’t worry my love, I’m coming.

 

I asked her random things just to get her mind out of her sadness, managed to make her laugh a little while I’m driving. She needs someone to talk to right now… I think she’s ready.

 

Making a stop at Ailee’s Breadshop, I bought her favorite bread that Ailee unnie especially set aside for me because I always buy it everyday for Soojung. Then I went to Eric’s grocery to buy Ice Cream and her favorite Nesquik, Eric teasing me that he knows the person I bought the items for. I gave him a smile and a slap on his for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter