Thirty ninth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Update for today!

Have a great day!

Peace yow!

 

 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

“So, how was the feeling of undergoing the procedure?” I smiled absentmindedly on the couch after hearing Taeyeon unnie’s voice asking me in passing. Remembering the experience that both me and Soojung had just to produce our offspring.

 

Yesterday was the egg retrieval surgery and it was a success. The fertility clinic already harvested our eggs and ready for fertilization with the donor that we chose. In 5 to 6 days we will know how many embryos we will have that will be transferred on Soojung’s womb.

 

It was just a 30 minute procedure for each of us and at the end of the day we went home. Our vacation leave is extended for another two weeks also using our Sick Leave and rest days. We need to rest and also wait for the good news that our Doctor will give.

 

“It wasn’t painful unnie if you are asking about the surgery procedure because I was under anesthesia. The hard thing are the side effects after but its just minor and manageable. Better to rest here in our apartment… I’m glad you and Fany unnie visited us..” I reached for another cupcake on the box and started munching on it. Yummy~~…

“Of course we will! We’re wondering how are you two since yesterday, Sooyeon said Yuri drove you and Soojung home from the clinic. We brought cupcakes that Fany baked this morning before going here…” I gave her a thumbs up not being able to speak because my mouth is full of the yummy Red Velvet cupcake they brought. Looks like Fany unnie is doing good on her project making cupcakes and selling it at her flower shop.

 

“So…” I swallowed what I was munching and continued on what I will say “What are your plans with unnie? Are you two really going to move to the US like what you told me last week? You have to master the language… you know…” she scrunched her nose in response making me chuckle. She’s having a hard time learning the language, I advised her to watch a lot of American movies.

 

“I’m still undecided honestly… I can’t leave my shop just like that. Its my Father’s blood and sweat, I don’t want him to appear in my dreams and choke me for closing down his shop. Really hard to decide…” she sighed and reached for a cupcake too, eating it. That is really hard… tsk tsk tsk…

 

Join the person you love in a different place and leave everything behind or have a long distance relationship? It will mean starting all over again for Taeyeon unnie in the US and she doesn’t know anyone there besides Fany unnie.

 

Its kinda like what Soojung and I talk about when we made plans, like my desire to go back to Busan. She told me she will support me and will go back with me to the province for us to start our new life with Yerimie and possibly with the baby after I leave the force. I just need to earn a little bit more for my plan of opening a grocery store again be a reality. I didn’t force her, she was actually the one who suggested it telling me she wants a quiet place for us to live away from the city.

 

Well… Busan is a city too, but not like Seoul that is populated and full of skyscrapers and cars. Seoul may have the view of the Han River but Busan has the view of the sea and that is what I love about that place. The charm of the old era is still there and the sky… that blue sky I always love to see in the morning plus the morning breeze that hits my face. I miss our house… I miss the beach side…

 

“Have you told her about that?” I asked her. She nodded her head and stared at her nails pouting like a kid with cream cheese frosting on her chin. “Yah unnie, you have cream cheese on your chin…”

 

“Thanks…” she wiped it off with her finger and continued “I told her I will have a thought about it. She said we can stay for a few months as a vacation then if I will like it there and adapt easily then we can stay there for a long time.”

 

“Why? Why the sudden desire for her to go back there? I didn’t even know she got relatives in the US…”

 

“Her Father is still there and her sister, her brother is back and forth here in Korea and other countries because he travels a lot being a businessman. Their family is actually living well there in Los Angeles…”

 

“Wow… where do they live again?”

 

“Palos something…” she shrugged her shoulders and took a bite again of the cupcake in her hold.

 

“Palo Verdes Estates, Amber…” oooh..

 

It was Fany unnie who answered my question with Soojung trailing behind her still wearing my comfy linen pajama bottoms. I smiled at her and extended my hand which she took and sat on my lap sideways, circling her arms on my neck for a hug. Aigooo~~ someone is being cuddly this afternoon…

 

“Where’s my hug?~” she puckered her lips playfully making me smile like a fool and forgetting we have some visitors… hehehe…

 

This procedure is making wonders on her… her face is glowing and I noticed she is gaining a little weight based on her chin. But her stomach is still flat and her figure y, even her stares and her smiles are y. Everything about her is y... and i am a big y ert...😁😁

 

I can’t help but pinch her cute cheeks and bite her chin playfully that made her giggle. … why am I having hot flashes again…?

 

Fool… you’re just feeling … (^……^)

 

“Want some cupcakes?” I asked her while patting her thigh gently. She nodded with a pout and started pinching my cheeks, even biting my nose in front of our unnies.

 

“Ehem…”

 

Both of us turned to the persons who cleared their voices and saw Fany and Taeyeon unnie looking at us with a teasing smile on their lips and eyebrows raised. Hahaha… shucks… this is embarrassing…

 

“Sorry, I got carried away…” I burst out in a quiet laugh seeing Soojung bite her lips in embarrassment but not even getting out of my lap. She always has this moments of being clingy even if her sister or our friends are around. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder hugging her tight. She smells good even if she hasn’t taken a bath hehehe…

 

“Can’t get enough of each other, huh?” I felt my cheeks burning in shyness with what Fany unnie said. Taeyeon unnie chuckled beside her and mumbled something like…

 

“Just like you… can’t get enough of me…”

 

“Isn’t it you who can’t get enough of me…” Soojung and I shared a look, wondering why Fany unnie’s voice became sarcastic.

 

Ohhhh… its starting.

 

“I am… that’s why I’m having a hard time deciding if I will go with you or not.”

 

“Tae… if you don’t want to go with me then its okay…” I saw how Fany rolled her eyes and stared at the opposite side away from Taeyeon, crossing her arms and looking annoyed. This I got to see…

 

Taeyeon unnie’s face changed because of her mood. She took a deep breath and sighed loudly, taking another cupcake on the box and giving it to Soojung which my girlfriend gladly took and started to eat.

 

“Fany… its not that I don’t want to go with you. But I hope you understand me, I can’t just leave everything behind here with no assurance of what will happen to me there. The car shop is doing great and clients are pouring in…”

 

“Five months is not that long, Tae. You can leave the shop to Henry for the meantime…”

 

“I can’t leave it to him that long you know that. Even when we took a vacation with Sooyeon and Yuri, I was worrying everyday on what he is doing.”

 

Tsk tsk tsk… this will be a long conversation between them…

 

“Babe…” I looked up to Soojung from her shoulder when she called my name in a whisper, the couple still bickering in front of us.

 

“Yes?”

 

She pressed her lips near my ear and whispered,“Are they fighting?”. hmmm…. are they?

 

“I… don’t think so. Maybe just talking with feelings--” the two of us were startled when Fany unnie suddenly raised her voice standing up from the couch and in front of Taeyeon unnie, her arms akimbo. She looks so pissed….

 

“Kim Taeyeon! Just tell me if you don’t want then I will accept it! Just learn how to say No my goodness!”

 

“Miyoung…”

 

“I can take No for an answer! Didn’t you know that? If you don’t want then fine, I’ll leave alone.” Fany turned to me and Soojung then smiled apologetically “Sorry if we did a scene, I’ll go now Soojung, Amber. Have a proper rest and eat lots of healthy food! Yoona and Seohyun will come later, they will bring food for dinner. I’ll go now… just tell Taeyeon I’ll meet her at home…” with that she gave Soojung a kiss on her cheeks and a ruffle on my hair before turning around and went out of the door not even sparing a glance at Taeyeon unnie.

 

I smell a fight….

 

I patted Soojung to get her attention and motioned for her to go down on my lap and sit beside me. She obliged and made a motion with her puckered lips to Taeyeon unnie who is having a moment of her own while sulking at her seat. I gave her a nod indicating she talk to the unnie she considers as family. Soojung knows what to tell her I bet.

 

“Taeyeon unnie, don’t you want to follow her?”

 

“Nope.” Really huh?

 

“Unnie… just follow her and talk… you can settle this come on…” Hmmm… Soojung-ah… I hope you knock some sense on her head. I think all she wants to do now is eat the cupcakes they bought for US. (-_-)😑

 

“Soojung-ah, when Fany does that thing it means she doesn’t want to talk to anyone including me. Just let her… she’s the one who left, not me. She’ll be back…” ooohhh confident.

 

“You are that confident that she will be back, huh… wow.” I chuckled seeing Soojung roll her eyes at me in a funny way. Sigh… stubborn Taeng. “What seems to be the problem, unnie? If its because you can’t leave the car shop that long then just tell it to her directly..”

 

“Soojung-ah, I don’t want to lose Fany but I also don’t want to lose the shop. You know that shop is Dad’s blood, sweat, and tears! And when he left it to me I promised on his grave that I will do everything to make it last. There is no way I will leave it that long…”

 

“How about convince her to just stay back here and be with you? Compromise… talk it out with her. Talk! Say whatever is bothering you and don’t just keep it inside your kiddie size body…”

 

“YAH!”

 

I let out a small laugh and reached for Taeyeon unnie’s shoulder patting it “Unnie, all things can be settled by talking. As a couple you two has to do it so both of you will know what is bothering your mind. Let out your demands and like what Soojung said, compromise.”

 

“I know…” she sighed and started picking on the crumbs of cupcakes on her jeans “..sometimes I try to tell her about things bothering my mind but I always chicken out because I don’t want her to worry. And then this one, her sudden decision to go home to L.A. and her desire to bring me. Soojung, you know how much I love the shop… i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter