Thirty first

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update! Sorry for the delay though. :))

First update for today, second update i'll post later because i'm really sleepy now XD

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvoters! 

Keep on supporting f(x) and all the members. 

We will see them soon together as one in April :)

Speaking of APRIL, i will announce something soon so STAY TUNED!

 

Peace yow!~

 

 

CHAPTER 31

 

 

 

 

YURI’s POV

 

I woke up this morning with a heavy heart… the words I heard last night still engraved on my mind. I shouldn’t doubt Sooyeon, but why am I feeling this way?

 

Jealousy?

 

Yes.

 

Hopelessness?

 

Partly Yes.

 

Why?

 

Because until now I still haven’t heard her say those three words that I hold as confirmation of our relationship. I may sound stupid, but its what my heart wants.

 

Sooyeon was snuggling to me this morning, her sleeping face drawing a sad smile on my lips. As I reached for her face, she murmured my name calling me. I can’t help but think… are you really dreaming of me?

 

Parking my car in front of the store, I sighed deeply and saw that its already opened by my staff members Somi and Jae. My cafe has 4 staffs, Somi and Jae for the morning shift which is from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM then Chungha and Ten for the night shift at 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. All four of them are full timers and working students too so I’m really proud of them that they still managed to be good students while working.

 

“Good morning Boss Yuri!” Jae greeted me as I entered the shop. He’s already at the counter prepping the Espresso machine for the whole day of work.  

 

“Hey Jae…” I greeted him back with a smile but deep inside me I feel like crap. I have to forget this feeling, I shouldn’t have brought this problem with me at work.

 

“Your usual boss?” I nodded at him and patted his shoulders when I went inside the counter checking the vicinity. “Right away boss!”

 

“Thanks Jae… Where’s Somi?”

 

“Present Boss Yuri!” she suddenly appeared at the office door holding some receipts from last night. “Boss, I already prepared the spread sheet for the Weekly Sales and also the Weekly Expenses Report. E-mailed it just now and printed copy at your desk and Sooyeon unnie’s desk.” Wow… really efficient employee. She’s a Business Accounting Major at University of Seoul, currently in her second year. While Jae is a third year Music student at Kyunghee University, very hardworking too and friendly.

 

Jae handed me my usual Venti cup of Cappucino with a shot of Matcha syrup with a smile. “I am really glad I have all four of you here, what will happen to Kwon’s Beanery if you four are not working here?! Maybe I’m already dead.”

 

“Boss…” Somi chuckled at what I said then pointed at Jae who was scratching his head “The right question is, what will happen to Kwon’s Beanery if Jae isn’t here? He’s literally the only one who can lure in those High School girls to buy smoothies just to see him.”

 

“I bet you’re jealous~”

 

“Shut it Jae. You’re not my type.” I covered my mouth controlling my loud laugh seeing Somi rolling her eyes while saying it at Jae, who can only scrunch his nose and pull Somi’s hair in annoyance. These kids…

 

I said goodbye to them and went inside the office ready to start work. Seeing the print outs of the reports in my desk made me smile. Thank God… I don’t have to do all of it alone… I finished the work I had last night at 3:00 in the morning, Sooyeon was already sleeping deeply. But then I woke up at 5:30 AM because I have to be early here, the meeting with our new supplier for Ice will be happening at 7:00 AM.

 

It was already quarter to 7:00 when Somi knocked on the door before coming in. I was eating my Abalone Congee that Amber cooked this morning enjoying it. “Boss, the new supplier is already here, do you want to talk to her outside or inside your office?”

 

“Oh… ah… just lead her in a table and ask what she wants, I’ll be there in a minute.”

 

She said goodbye and I immediately finished my Congee before fixing myself. I took a mouthful of mouthwash to gargle before spitting it at the bathroom. I hope I can get the Ice at a lower price… its better than buying your own Ice Maker even though Sooyeon said that we should just buy since we can use it in the long run.

 

When I went out, I saw this woman sitting near the large window. Seulgi pointed her indicating its the one I am meeting. I approached her quietly then stopped near the table to greet her with a smile. “Excuse me, I am Kwon Yuri! Are you the supplier?”

 

When she turn her head to look at me, she also smiled but her eyebrows furrowed like she’s studying my face intently. She stood up from her seat and gave me a bow, her eyes staring back at me with familiarity after bowing.“Hello… I’m Juran…”

 

“Hi!” I ushered her to sit again but my mind is giving this warning. Why is she looking at me like that? Did I wore an ugly blouse? Sooyeon was the one who arranged my clothes last night… she said I look good in light blue and khaki…

 

She was just staring at me that made me curious… do I know her? Or don’t tell me she knows me?

 

I cleared my throat and let out a smile, trying to be professional as I placed the Contract of Agreement in front of her and quotations her Sales person submitted before with my suggestions. “This is the agreement your Sales person gave last week, one year of tie up is okay with me but is it possible for the price per bag to be lowered? Since the number of orders we will ask your company everyday is a bit high.”

 

“You don’t remember me… do you?” Huh???

 

“Uhh… I’m sorry?” what does she mean? This is the first time I’m meeting her… weird.

 

She chuckled then took a sip of her Flat White while still staring at me. Her stare giving me goosebumps all over because its that kind of stare that is scary. Scary because its that look that says ‘I know your secret…’ Shoot… I don’t really remember meeting her…

 

“Hahaha…. so you really don’t remember me. How sad… but I remember you.”

 

Okay… this has to stop. I’m here for business not flirting.

 

“Sorry if I don’t remember you, uhhh… did we already met before? Are you my classmate back in Grade school or perhaps Middle School?” she laughed demurely then took her phone tapping it then showed the screen to me. My eyes squinted seeing the photo in front of me that made my heart beat fast in nervousness.

 

. She’s one of them.

 

I stared at the photo in front of me intently, trying to dig the memory in my mind but there’s really none. Maybe she’s one of those “ tonight, Forget tomorrow” that I had. The photo was taken in a bar, the pose too… oh gosh how should I say this… too intimate that if Sooyeon sees it she will be a Super Saiyan.

 

“I tried searching for you on that same bar again every Friday night but you never came. Went to other Clubs around the area and I’m not surprise they know you but they said you haven’t come in ages.”

 

“Oh… yeah… uhh… I’m leading a new and clean life now. Hahaha… partying is not my cup of tea anymore.” Maybe I should find another Ice supplier… this will not do.

 

I gathered all the papers on the table and placed it inside the folder with the urge to end this conversation. I don’t wanna hear whatever she will say more because I already left that kind of life behind me when I got married. She suddenly took my hand and snorted when she thumbed my wedding ring surprising me “Oh… so you are married now. Who’s the lucky guy or… girl?”

 

“ME.”’

 

The temperature inside the shop just got colder.  

 

I quickly snatched my hand away from Juran’s hold and stood up from my seat to see Sooyeon glaring murderously at me and this woman I don’t even remember. Tae was behind my wife giving me a signal to get out of the table immediately and hold my wife because from what I can see, Sooyeon is going to erupt like a volcano anytime. Why is she wearing that pink fluffy sleepers?! did she ran all the way here wearing that!?

 

“Sooyeon, I-I-I-I- can explain…”

 

“Save your explanation later, Kwon Yuri.” she turned to Juran who was also standing now clutching her bag looking scared as hell but faking her courage. Who wouldn’t be scared when Hell is in front of you!? “You! How dare you hold my wife’s hand like that.”

 

“She’s the su-supplier of Ice, Sooyeon! Don’t be ridiculous!”

 

“Then the more she shouldn’t touch you and look at you like you’re some Medium Rare Kobe Beef Steak! Did you wake up early this morning just to meet her!?”

 

“Sooyeon…”

 

“Yah! I know your wife! She and I hooked up together in a bar! Here! Here’s the proof!” Oh my effing God! Nooooo…..!

 

Sooyeon’s glare intensified, her eyes popping when she heard what Juran said and saw the photo of me eating this Juran’s face. I don’t remember her I swear to my grave!!!

 

“I don’t know her Sooyeon, I swear!!” I ran to her side and quickly wrapped my arms around her waist, stopping her from surging forward to attack Juran. She gritted her teeth at me and went berserk, kicking and wriggling in my hold like a mad woman. Awww… that elbow is lethal… (T-T) “Sooyeon! Calm down!”

 

“I’ll kill that woman! Come here you and I’ll make sure you’ll remember not to mess with me!”

 

“How can you say you don’t know me Kwon Yuri! We spent the night together in a hotel then you left me all alone in the morning! That was the best night I had! Hey crazy woman! Your wife is a good er, I envy you! This business deal is over, I’m going now!”

 

“Come back here you ! Let me scratch your eyeballs with my claws!”

 

“Sooyeon!”

 

“What’s going on here?!”

 

It was Soojung and Amber who arrived looking at all of us and the commotion happening. Amber immediately turn the signage of the shop to CLOSE and the lights went out. Sooyeon is still struggling in my hold wanting to attack the scared woman in front of us that is trying to mock her. “Sooyeon… please calm down… please… don’t listen to her.”

 

I turned to Juran who is holding herself, trying to be brave. “I’m sorry, but please… just leave. The deal is over like you said. You already done enough damage so please don’t come back again. What happened before is a mistake and I have no interest in doing it again. If I hurt you, I’m sorry.”

 

She scoffed at us and took the folder on the table, giving us a stare down and said “If only your wife can hold her emotions better, this business deal can push through. Sadly, you let personal feelings get in your business. Good luck finding a supplier who can give you the cheapest amount that you want… good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter