Twentieth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! It's 01:32 hours and i'm still awake. 

An update! Yeah! 

Is Vic the person that will knock some sense in Sooyeon's head? 

There's only one way to find out... 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

SOOYEON’S POV

 

Vic showing up at the cafe at this hour is not surprising, I am kind of expecting it. Knowing how close she and Soojung is, no doubt she is here to talk about what happened earlier this afternoon.

 

I regret everything… everything I said. Everything I did.

 

I blame myself if Soojung will resent me now… its all my fault. Jealousy is eating me from inside, it started a week after I arrived. It was stupid, so stupid of me to feel like that over my sister who did everything for me without complaints. Who never said No to every request I made…

 

I deserve to be shamed… even Yuri was disappointed with what I did. It wasn’t my intention to slap her but because of all the emotions coming from inside it just happened.

 

“I wish you didn’t go home and make everything complicated!!!!”

 

Those words from Soojung triggered my stupid mind to hit her. After I did it I felt disgusted with myself… I felt ashamed being called her older sister because I lost myself and forgot about that fact.

 

Vic and I has been sitting face to face for a couple of minutes now, silence enveloping us. Yuri served a mug of Hot Chocolate each for us and said she will be at the counter to clean up. Vic said her thanks before Yuri went on her way throwing me a glance and a kind nod.

 

I stared at the big ball of marshmallow floating on the hot drink remembering how much Soojung likes her Hot Choco will lots of it. Vic stirred hers before taking a sip, nodding after. “Yuri really knows how I like my Hot Choco, thick and bittersweet with a dash of cinnamon.”

 

“I heard you are pregnant with your second child… congratulations.”

 

“Thanks. Soojung said it should be a girl since Zhoumi has been dreaming of having a baby girl for so long. Even cheering my husband for a good job tsss…. when I will be the one carrying the baby for 9 months!” we laughed a little, both of us knowing how hard it is to have a pregnancy especially giving birth.

 

I stirred the floating marshmallow on my drink and let out a sigh, my heart feeling empty. The guilt creeping up again that will probably haunt me for the rest of my life. “How… how is Soo-soojung? Is she o-okay?”

 

“You know Sooyeon, before I entered that door I was thinking… what will I do if you didn’t ask how is Soojung doing? Considering that you slapped your sister too hard that her left cheek is swollen when Amber brought her to my restaurant.” I looked down on embarrassment hearing the sarcasm in Vic’s voice. I can still remember the shock on Soojung’s face when I did it… it made my heart drop into a million pieces.

 

“If you will slap me Vic I will accept it… it was the most disgusting and stupidest thing I did in my entire life.”

 

“You got a lot of stupid things that you did in your life Sooyeon, by far this tops. I won’t slap you because I won’t get anything from it… what I want is your explanation. Your side of the story on why this all happened because I swear its mind boggling! You and the gang are just away for 3 weeks then when you come home this kind of stupidity suddenly appears?! Tell it from the start and I’ll listen before I give my piece.”

 

I took a deep breath and released a loud sigh, remembering all that happened the past three weeks.

 

“Remember when Hyunjoong visited the cafe and threatened to get Dani from me? Yuri pretended to be married to me so that guy won’t do any drastic measures on getting my daughter and me…” her eyebrows raised making me snort in a small smile. “The said he wants me back and offered marrying me… he said he wants to give my daughter a family, be a father for her.”

 

“But you rejected him, right?”

 

“I did… because all these years he was quiet. Then all of a sudden he’s back? He suddenly springs out of nowhere just as the same time that I came back here and decided to stay.”

 

“What if his intentions are true? That he really wanted to be a Father for Dani?”

 

“He already forfeited his rights Vic, a long time ago hours after Dani was born. He signed the papers and promised never to bother us because he doesn’t care about her daughter… he wanted a baby boy and when he saw Dani in the Nursery when Soojung dragged him there, he rejected her.”

 

Why now? After 5 years he will just come one day and declare he wants to be part of her daughter’s life? It gave me anxiety knowing that there is a possibility one day that Hyunjoong will suddenly take Dani away from me.

 

“Did you talk to him? Ask him why he suddenly wanted to be close to her daughter and to you?”

 

“No, I didn’t. Because I don’t want to hear his stupid lie again.”

 

“What made you decide to marry Yuri for real?”

 

I fiddled with the tissue I am holding searching the right answer for Vic, the one that won’t make me bad in her eyes. But I guess… whatever reason I have is still unacceptable.

 

“Yuri started it all by making that lie… we talked about ways to be ready in case Hyunjoong suddenly appears and demand I show proof. It was nerve racking… we contacted Sooyoung and Hyoyeon to help us. You know how good they are in this kind of things…”

 

“Yeah… considering Sooyoung is a Lawyer and Hyoyeon a good writer. Are they still forging documents for their top secret clients? I thought they will never come back from Japan…”

 

“They still are but of course they are hiding it and Sooyoung uses her Law Office as a front. Anyways, they actually agreed about it that’s why we were in Jeju. To talk about the details of how we will make it true.”

 

“Then what made you decide to make it true? Is it because of your fear and anxiety about Hyunjoong’s threat? Did he try at least to reach out again and talk to you about Dani after that incident?”

 

Sigh. I feel guilty about this… because Vic’s question are all straight to the point.

 

I took a sip of my lukewarm drink before answering her, looking at the wedding ring in Vic’s finger. It was a simple gold band that she wears proudly. She noticed me looking at it and smiled “When Zhoumi and I got married secretly, we don’t have any rings because we don’t have enough money to buy. After revealing ourselves to our parents, our family, they gave him this gold ring because it was really intended for the our supposed to be wedding. I never took it off ever since…”

 

“You are lucky to have him…”

 

“I am. But he’s much luckier to have me.”

 

I chuckled on her answer and sighed deeply. Some people are just too damn lucky when it comes to that part of their life.

 

But you are lucky too! You have Yuri!

 

Yeah… I know.

 

Its just that you took advantage of her feelings for you, admit it.

 

Sigh.

 

But I do love Yuri.

 

“To answer your question Vic… I decided to make it real because I was afraid that Hyunjoong will find out we were lying. Its all for Dani’s sake, yes. But after thinking about it since Soojung and I had that disagreement nights ago… I realized at the deepest corner of my mind I also married Yuri because I love her and she loves me too. She will take care of me and Dani… I can finally give Dani a complete family like she should have especially now she’s growing up to be a very smart kid.”

 

“Maybe you’re forgetting something Sooyeon…” she clasped her hands on the table and smiled kindly at me. “Dani has a family. You and Soojung. Look, its your life I don’t care who you marry and I’m actually glad its Yuri because she is a very good person and she treats Dani as her own because of her devotion for you all these freaking years… like how devoted Taeyeon is to you… you know?” aww. That’s a stone throw right at me, even rubbing it. “What I just want to say is this, I hope you make your marriage with her work, like real marriage and not just because of your fear about your baby Daddy suddenly appearing wanting to have a part in your daughter’s life. Because Yuri is a good soul, don’t break her heart. She’s too attached to you that she can’t say no to anything you ask and don’t argue with me because its the truth…” speechless.

 

Someone chuckled at the counter and it was Yuri smirking while wiping the coffee mugs I washed earlier. She has been listening?!

 

“About your obvious jealousy about Soojung and Dani’s closeness, well its your fault. You went away looking for ways to earn money for your daughter and I commend you for that because you are thinking of Dani’s future. But I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter