Nineteenth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update for today! 

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvoters of the story! 

Peace yow!

~~~~~~

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

We went straight to Victoria’s restaurant from the coffee shop, Soojung lying down on the back seat like I commanded her so she can rest. I know her mind is full of questions and God forbid, please don’t let her think she’s a worthless person.

 

I’m just controlling myself not to do an Incredible Hulk stunt, but I swear… seeing Soojung’s red cheeks right now makes me utterly mad. Yeah let’s say you were too caught up with the emotions that’s why you lost it and slapped your sister. But does it have to be this hard? That your hand is imprinted on her cheek?! What if something snaps on Soojung’s head because of that slap?! … maybe I should bring her to the hospital first and have a CT Scan. We’ll never know what is going on inside her head right now, what if the slap affected something in her brain? Sigh…

 

Maybe I’m just paranoid but I’ll convince her later.

 

When we arrived at the restaurant, they were readying to close because lunchtime is over and will open again by 6:00 PM for dinner. Vic was behind the counter when she saw us entering with Soojung clinging on my arms looking down on the floor.

 

“Oh! Soojung, Amber… are you here to eat lunch? We are already closing but I can ask Zhoumi to cook something for both of you.” I smiled at her and turned to Soojung who clings like a child on my arm. Vic gave me a look asking why and all I can say is the name of the person, the reason why Soojung is like this. “Sooyeon.”

 

She went out of the counter looking very worried and approached us, her eyebrows are in disarray while throwing me a questioning look before asking Soojung as she hold my girlfriend’s both shoulders.

 

“Soojung-ah… are you okay? Do you want unnie to serve Xiao Long Bao for you? The big Bao? Soojung-ah…”

 

When Soojung raised her head to look at Vic, I saw how Vic’s eyes went wide like a saucer seeing how red Soojung’s left cheek is. “What the happened to your face!? Huh?! AMBER!! WHO DID THIS TO SOOJUNG?!”

 

“Unnie… uhhh…” Vic unnie looks like a mad Mother hen protecting her little chick enveloping Soojung in a hug then cupping her face. She looks scary my goodness… I never thought Vic has this side of hers. She glared at me waiting for my answer making me stutter “Un-unnie… she… Soo-soo-soo-jung and…” … should I repeat Sooyeon’s name?! what if Vic suddenly declares World War III?!

 

“Oh my GOD! DON’T TELL ME ITS SOOYEON!?” she turned to Soojung looking at my girlfriend’s face checking it. Soojung just gave her a small smile that didn’t even reach her eyes and held Vic’s wrist.

 

“Unnie… its okay…” my heart sank just hearing how weak Soojung’s voice is that she said those words in a whisper. I guided her in an empty seat while Vic released her face and barked orders to her husband. Gosh… is so loud its booming in all corners of the restaurant.

 

“ZHOUMI! BRING SOME ICE HERE OUTSIDE! FASTER! NOW!”

 

I took Soojung’s hand in my lap and started it while checking her face. It looks swollen, her left cheek… just looking at it made me remember what happened and only made my blood boil. I brought the back of her hands on my lips kissing it, at least in that little way I can tell her how much I care for her.

 

The way she looks… it breaks my heart in a million pieces.

 

She’s broken.

 

Their exchange of words earlier was intense, even Sooyeon’s logic is not even acceptable enough. I also heard what she said to Soojung about having her own child… I didn’t expect hearing that from someone I respect because she is Soojung’s sister. I saw hurt flashing on Soojung’s eyes when she heard it from Sooyeon… the way she mocked my girlfriend is like mocking me too.

 

“It will never come true…”

 

It will come true… it will. Just wait for it Sooyeon, I’ll slap it to your face when that time comes.

 

All these things is making me a bad person… but if its for the person I love I will do everything to defend her.

 

Zhoumi oppa came with a basin of ice earning a smack on his head from Vic unnie, atleast that made Soojung smile a little watching the couple and their antics. Unnie wrapped the ice cubes with a hand towel and applied it on Soojung’s left cheek as cold compress to ease the redness and swelling. Vic unnie chattering away with her M-16 rifle mouth asking how and why did it happened. Saying she never thought Sooyeon can do that to her only sister, that whatever is their misunderstanding it shouldn’t ended up in physical pain.

 

“Physical pain is momentary, but the emotional pain it causes will definitely leave a mark. I can still remember how much I resented my Father for slapping me that day when I told him I won’t marry the idiot they arranged for me to marry.” I chuckled seeing Zhoumi oppa’s reaction scratching his head.

 

“Yah! Qian!…”

 

“But it turns out I still married the idiot.”

 

“This woman…” I burst out laughing seeing these two. They are so cute hahaha! “Soojung-ah, I will cook something for you and Amber just wait here with that stupid woman who married a handsome idiot. Yo Amber, want some Soju?”

 

“Sure Oppa, where’s Yixing?”

 

“He’s inside the office taking his afternoon nap. He was waiting for Dani and Yeri earlier, I told him maybe there is an important thing they will do that’s why the two didn’t arrive. He made me promise to cook chicken feet again for the two when they come. Anyways, I’ll be right back!” I gave oppa a nod and he gave Vic a pat on unnie’s shoulders, they exchange a smile before he went inside the kitchen. Now I know why Soojung is so fascinated with their story, you can see the love between them by looking at their eyes.

 

How much Zhoumi oppa adores Vic, it was there. Now I understand what Soojung said… that the way I look at her is like how the way Zhoumi oppa looks at his wife of almost 6 years.

 

“Vic Unnie… can I ask for a favor from you?” Soojung asked Vic who is busy treating her swollen cheeks. She took a glance at me first and our gaze met asking for my permission. Whatever you want baby I’ll say yes.

 

“What is it? Tell me…”

 

“Can we spend a night in your house… just for tonight. Please?” she squeezed my hands that is holding hers getting strength from me.

 

I don’t know how Soojung and Sooyeon will fix this mess between them but I have a feeling this won’t be resolve quickly. The two of them needs to heal first before sitting down again for a serious talk.

 

Vic gave me the cold compress and reached for Soojung’s face carefully, cupping it and giving my girlfriend her kind and understanding smile. It was a smile full of understanding and care, a sisterly smile more than a friendly smile.

 

“You and Amber can stay as long as you want, you know my house is always open for you and the girls.”

 

“Thanks unnie…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter