Forty fourth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! Here is our update for tonight! 

Thank you again to everyone :)

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 44

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

It was the day we have been waiting for. I can feel the excitement in my veins… finally! We are going to see our would be babies~… Soojung had been calming me since this morning because I’ve been doing my silly Llama dance in front of her when we woke up. I just can’t help it…  

 

Yeah… I may have said to Soojung that I only want one child but who knows… if the Heavens will bless us with more than one then we will accept it with open arms and heart. They are our blessings from Heaven and we will make sure we will take care of them with all the love we can give.

 

We sailed after breakfast, leaving Yerimie in the island with Grandpa and his batallion of black suit guys. I’m confident that she’s safe so I have no worries and the kid is loving it there. She already called dibs to the island declaringit as her property my goodness! Soojung called Luna the other day apologizing about Yerimie missing school. Luna said its okay since Soojung has been teaching my niece how to read and write, its enough.

 

Kang Hodong accompanied us and gave a detailed report of what to expect when we arrive in the dock. We will get off at the private yacht club incognito then will be escorted by his men going to the fertility clinic. He already posted a bunch of his men around the clinic since yesterday to check the area and some of them are in disguise he said. Just to make sure because the other day one of his guard saw a group of suspicious looking men inside a van lurking around the vicinity of the clinic. They found out it was Park Jin Young’s men when they confronted them. The group tried to escape them but still they are no much to Kang Hodong’s troop.

 

Soojung was taking a nap inside the cabin and told me to wake her up when we are near. I asked Kang Hodong to join me in the deck for a chat. He was talking about how Grandpa helped him and his family pay for his Mother’s medical bills. They were too poor back then and he was struggling teenager wanting to finish his studies but has no means. Grandpa paid for his tuition fee and gave him a part-time work as a delivery boy in his soap business. His phone rang cutting off our conversation.

 

 

“Yoboseyo? Yeah...Report.”

 

His expression became alarmed while listening to the person at the other line. Why do I have a feeling something is going wrong?

 

He heaved a deep sigh gripping the phone on his ears. “Okay. Make sure everything is secure. We will be there soon, I can see the dock now… have you also alarmed the police to be on stand by?… Arasso… make sure the area is secured too and we will see you at the yacht club. Goodbye.”

 

 

“What’s happening?” I asked him while cleaning my sunglasses on my shirt. I wore it back again to protect my eyes from the glare of the Sun as he ended the call and scratched his eyebrows looking disappointed and annoyed. “Park Jin Young, he was being transported this morning going to his trial. A group of armed men blocked the way of the vehicle he was in with the guards. They killed all the guards and took Park Jin Young… he escaped.”

 

 

Of all days why now?!

 

“Authorities are already on the move to catch him and bring him back to prison.”

 

“We are in danger, right?”

 

“If the authorities won’t catch him immediately and he goes on hiding somewhere no one knows… then yes, you and Detective Jung are in danger.”

 

That bastard. Of all the days he will escape he chose this special day for us. And now that he is at large everything changes… I can’t let him be near my family.

 

Should we go on with this trip?

 

I know Kang already made sure we will be safe once we arrive but why do I feel this nervousness in my heart right now? Is it a sign?

 

A sign that we shouldn’t go on?

 

“Can I borrow your phone, Kang? I asked him. I need to call Peniel and ask him for updates about Park Jin Young’s escape.

 

He gave his phone to me and I excuse myself to do the call. Dialing Peniel’s number, I clenched on the hem of my shirt waiting for the call to connect. The signal was not that good but I kept on dialing it and after three tries it finally connected.

 

“Yoboseyo…”

 

“Shin, this is Liu…”

 

“Detective Liu! Wait… let me go outside give me a second…” I heard the usual noise inside our Station and Jinri’s loud laugh over Kyungsoo and Minseok’s lousy joke. There was static on the other line then after a few moments the noise of traffic filled the background. “Sorry about that Detective Liu, I have to go out and answer your call. Are you and Detective Jung still in Busan?! Have you heard the news?”

 

“That’s the reason I called… Yes I already heard it. How did it happen?! Is the security that lax?”

 

“Its still being investigated by the main department. About the other news…”

 

Other news?

 

“What is it?” my heart was beating so fast and I don’t even know why. Just hearing about that other news bothers me…

 

“Wait… don’t you have your phones with you? We’ve been calling you two since the other day!”

 

“Ah.. we don’t. We forgot to bring it the day we left our house… why?”

 

“What!? … Detective, the Prosecutors are looking for you. Chief Cho told Jinri this morning to call you or Detective Jung! I thought you calling me now means you already knew it. Looks like Park Jin Young is making up stories adding it to his statements that was passed to the Prosecutors handling his case.”

 

“What? Wait… what do you mean?” that bastard… what is he cooking?!

 

“Detective Liu, he is naming you as one of the people who belongs in his group. He already confessed about his crimes and illegal trading, even mentioning the White Phoenix group and now he is also including you. He said you are the estranged Grandchild of their leader and the reason why he brought you from Busan to our Station is because you were ordered by your Grandfather to lead the illegal operations here in Seoul…. ” cold sweat rolled down my face hearing all the news Peniel said.

 

That bastard! So this is his way of getting revenge!?

 

“Is it true!?”

 

“NO! How can you say that!?” its partly a lie and a truth. … things are getting complicated back home.

 

“I heard the prosecutors are on the way now to Busan to invite you for questioning and then now this morning that escape by Park Jin Young happened so everybody is in a chaos! Chief Cho told Jinri earlier to keep calling you or Jung to warn you two. She’s already having a breakdown because she can’t contact you that’s why Minseok and Kyungsoo are making her sane. We’re all worried here… we know you Detective Liu, you won’t do anything like that.”

 

Sigh… this is not right. We have to fix everything before it escalates to something bigger.

 

But how??!

 

“He’s starting his revenge now… and he chose me to start it. That !” I kicked the chair in front of me sending it near the railings of the boat. “Don’t tell me he also included Soojung!?”

 

“He didn’t… but knowing how much Chief Park despises her especially when he was taken by the MP and humiliated, I have a feeling he is planning something.”


I took a deep breath and stared at the blue waters of the sea. Should we proceed or not? What if they find out we are not in Busan and was never there? They will definitely be suspicious… they will.

 

“Listen Peniel, does the number of this phone I’m using appearing on your screen?”

 

“Wait let me check… oh, no its not. It appears as Unknown number. Just go back here now with Detective Jung and go straight to Chief Cho’s office. We know the two of you being away these past few weeks is because of your procedure to have a baby. But maybe make an appearance and clear everything, he said that once Jinri get through to anyone of you then better call him and explain.”

 

I wish its that easy buddy… I wish its that easy…

 

Clearing my throat, I took a deep breath and answered my trusted friend with another half truth and half lie. The only thing I can only think of this moment.

 

“Soon buddy… really soon.”

 

The moment I finished the call, I motioned for Kang Hodong to come near me and gave him a command that he should tell his men waiting for us in Seoul. I have a feeling everything has change…

 

 

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

I woke up inside our cabin feeling refresh and energize after a nap. The boat is still sailing… I can still feel the waves crashing on it. Strange…

 

Don’t tell me until now we are still far from Seoul? Did I only slept for a short time? But it feels like a long sleep…

 

Amber said the trip going back in Seoul is just 3 hours max. Checking my watch, it looks like we have been sailing for 5 hours now considering we left the island around 7:00 AM and the time now is around past 12:00 in the afternoon.

 

Feeling my stomach grumble, I was going to stood up from the bed when Amber entered our cabin holding 2 plates of food. “Hey babe… you’re awake. Let’s eat! I’m starving!”

 

“Why haven’t we reach the port? We’re already late with our appointment…”  

 

She placed down the plates on the table at the corner of the cabin and sat beside me. She reached for my hair fixing it, even putting it in a ponytail. “I called the clinic and canceled the appointment Soojung. We’re going back to the island now… there are some… minor changes.”

 

“What do you mean? Did something happened? Amber?”

 

She sighed deeply and took my hands, buried her face on my palms. What’s happening with her? Is it a bad news??

 

“Amber! Are you going to rub your face there like a cute puppy or you will tell me!?”

 

“Soojung-ah…”

 

I cupped her face and raised it on my level her expression making me worry. There is something going on… “Tell me… come on…”

 

With another sigh, she carefully explained to me what happened while I was sleeping so peacefully inside this cabin. From the call Kang Hodong received to the call she made to Peniel, not forgetting to tell me that she called our Doctor and asked her to reschedule our appointment. My heart dropped hearing about the reschedule… it means I won’t have the chance to see my babies…

 

I feel so pissed off right now. As in really pissed off that I wanna hurt someone or be trigger happy, I wanna kick Park Jin Young’s balls repeatedly until it becomes scramble and throw a cup of lemon juice on his face after having a facial.

 

How dare him make a story about Amber! She works hard to serve the force and she is not a corrupt officer! We are not doing anything wrong… and its not her fault her Grandfather turns out to be the leader of a very large gang.

 

If the Prosecutors wants to invite her for questioning then maybe we should turn around and go straight to the Prosecutor’s office to clarify everything. There is still time… Uncle Park can help us and I have to call Chief Cho to explain to him the lie Park Jin Young made.

 

“Am, its the only way we can clear your name.”

 

“I know Soojung… but what if they don’t believe me and lock me up?”

 

“Its Park Jin Young’s word against your word, they will believe you. And we can ask for Uncle Park’s help… I know he will help us.” I sliced the Brocolli into bite size pieces and fed it to her. “You didn’t do anything wrong and I can attest to that.”

 

“Eat your meat…” I took a chunk of sliced steak on my plate and ate it carefully with a pout. She wiped the sauce on my chin with her thumb before speaking again, watching me chew the well done steak. “But will they believe me, Soojung? Especially now that my name is being mentioned beside my Grandfather?”

 

“They don’t have proof about your Grandfather like he told us. Uncle Park told him to lie low and the charges against him will be dropped, remember?”

 

“What if the Blue House intervenes and command the Commissioner General to arrest Grandpa and do an all out investigation?? I can take it but I don’t want to drag you in this mess..”

 

I stayed quiet the whole time we were eating. My mind thinking of ways on how to clear Amber’s name. She is right… if the Blue House decides to dip their hand inside this case for publicity, even Uncle Park can’t do anything about it. He is obliged to follow the chain of command, the task coming from our Commander-in-Chief which is the President.

 

We have to think of something… use every person Mister Liu knows just to clear his Granddaughter. That is the least he can do for her. Clean her name from all of this and just please, if he can… I know this sounds so evil and morbid.

 

Can he ask anyone of his men to look for Park Jin Young and make sure he is already erased in this world?

 

Sorry Dad, I’m just really mad right now.

 

The moment we arrived back in the island, Mister Liu was already waiting for us inside his study room. The TV was playing the news from Seoul, his eyebrows twitching in what he is watching. He saw us enter the room and motioned for me and Amber to sit on the couch while Kang Hodong stood beside him bowing.

 

“Master…”

 

“Have you commanded our men back home to search for him?”

 

“Yes, Master. They are doing it now. Detective Liu immediately decided and asked the Captain that we go back here upon learning about the situation in Seoul.”

 

He turned to us and let out a deep sigh, massaging his temple. He looks problematic as hell like us. Amber was silent beside me watching the news on TV, her face showing disbelief on what the reporter is saying.

 

 

“... It was revealed that the former Chief of the Myeongdong Police Station also tagged one of his detective on the force named Detective Amber J Liu who is now also missing. Sources say, the detective is the Granddaughter of the supposed White Phoenix leader, the faceless Chen Si Tao who until now the Police haven’t found where is hiding. Stay tuned for updates, we will be back in a short while.”

 

 

I stared at Amber watching her expression. Grandpa turned the TV off with Amber’s police file photo showing on the screen courtesy of the news program. She shook her head showing disappoint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter