Thirty sixth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Another update for all of you! 

Peace yow!~

 

 

CHAPTER 36

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

“Are you really sure about your decision, Soojung? As in really, really, really sure? Did you consult Amber about this?!”

I rolled my eyes and sat on the seat in front of the washing machines and started folding the clean clothes I just pulled out of the dryer. Sooyeon unnie and I are in the Laundromat here at the ground floor of our apartment building. Two days since I filed my resignation and shoved it in Chief Park’s fungus face.

 

“Yup… I did.”

 

“And she approved it!?”

 

“Unnie, Amber is not the one who will approve my resignation… its the higher ups, particularly that Chief of us.”

 

“Silly, I know! What I mean is…” she squatted on the floor in front of me catching my eyes for attention “Amber allowed you to resign?! Why?”

 

“Unnie if you’re gonna poop on that spot better clean it later…” I nonchalantly said just to . She took one shirt of Amber from the hamper and threw it at me teasingly “YAH!”

 

“Hahahaha!!! I can’t help it! You look like you’re gonna poop there! Why are you squatting in front of me?! Sit beside me, this ahjumma…. tssss…” she gave me a funny face sticking her tongue out before getting another shirt from my hamper.

 

“What the… is this still even fit for use? Its already ruined!” I laughed out loud seeing how she scrunched her nose while looking at Amber’s ‘ruined’ shirt, her favorite sleeping shirt with holes and slashes. “Is this even a proper clothing or kitchen rag?”

 

“Unnie! This is…” I took the shirt and stared at it too. Yeah… maybe I should suggest to Amber that we make this a rag now same as her other shirt with holes. We’re not even that lowly poor… a few thousand Won to buy new shirts won’t hurt our pockets. “This is going straight to the cabinet for kitchen rags. Yeah.”

 

She giggled at it then went to the dryer to get her newly dried clothes, putting it on her hamper. Unnie then sat beside me and started folding the clothes like what I’m doing. It always fascinates me to see her like this, doing this things like laundry, cleaning the house, cooking for us, even working in her wife’s coffee shop. She’s still recuperating from her freak accident but she can already walk fine, even kick me.

 

Her dreams and goals before was different… that was way back before the thought of Dani existed. She likes fashion, clothes, designing, she wants to travel the world and see new designs and trends. That’s why Yonghwa oppa is pushing her to make her dreams come true. She did managed to work and experience it all when she was away from us. But to see her like this, like a total professional homemaker and house wife still surprises me.

 

She’s happy. Even though sometimes the kids, including Yerimie when Amber leaves her in Unnie’s care, are too rowdy and having their occasional tantrums… she can handle it well now. Sooyeon unnie is loving her life now, contentment is written all over her face.

 

I cleared my throat and placed the folded shirts in my other hamper, arranging it neatly when I called her. “Unnie…”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

“Are you happy?”

 

“Yes, I am. Very much, thank you.” both of us giggled like two high school girls while folding clothes.

 

She sighed and let out a wistful smile on her face while smoothening Dani’s pajamas with her hands “You know that this is not the life that I dreamed of before…”

 

“I know… you said before you don’t want to be like Mom.”

 

“I just don’t like the idea of being tied inside the house doing every housework and taking care of three kids, doing errands, cooking meals, and waiting for my husband at the end of the day giving his paycheck so I can budget the money for the whole week.”

 

“Well… what you got right now is much more nicer and different than what you were expecting before..”

 

“I agree. Maybe because its a wife that I have and not a husband.”

 

“Yeah… I think so.”

 

“Yuri knows what to do, its an entirely different approach. Because we are both women and we understand each other, she asks what is wrong, what is needed… she cares and is mindful of what is happening everyday. And you know her life story… she grew up without her Mother beside her.” I nodded my head while sorting the clothes.

 

I smiled to myself then turned to glance at Unnie who is also smiling too while folding Dani’s clothes. “Don’t look at me like that Soojung…”

 

“I wasn’t looking at you…” I scoffed at her, playfully bumping her knees that made us laugh.

 

“So… you are leaving the force because….” she turned to me wriggling her eyebrows that I answered scrunching my nose.

 

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, a smile escaping my lips and the thoughts of Amber lingering in my mind. “I just want to live quietly, without worry.”

 

“You wanna play house with Amber.”

 

“Tsss…. silly.”

 

“You want a quiet life without worrying at the end of the day if you will still be alive or not in every operations and investigations you make.” I nodded at what Unnie said while looking down at Yerimie’s socks.

 

“Unnie… its different before and its different now. I was contented with myself before, Dani and you. I wasn’t looking for a person, but Amber came and it all changed.”

 

Its true… Before, I thought I will be alone forever. Alone in a sense that I won’t have someone beside me, someone who will love me unconditionally and will take care of me.

 

But when Amber came, it all became different. I wasn’t asking but the Heavens gave her to me. For the first time in my life… I want to be selfish and think about my own happiness. I deserve this, I truly am.

 

“How about her? Will she continue being in the force or will follow you too?”

 

“She will continue, we talked about it. Maybe a few years more after we have enough money then she will also resign and… well… we only talked about it in passing the other night--”

 

“After …” I snorted at her, picking up my bra and hitting her with the strap while laughing in embarrassment.

 

“Yes, after . Like you also do!”

 

“No, during.”

 

“Gosh! Don’t say it please! I don’t wanna remember it!”

 

“ert! So what was that you and Amber talked about in passing?”

 

“Ah… she wanted to open her own grocery store in Busan. Like… continue their business before when her Grandma was still alive? Their house and land in Busan is being taken cared of by their neighbor, she sends money every month for its up-keeping.” unnie suddenly stopped on what she’s doing then stared at me like I’m talking alien language. What?…

 

“Are you serious?! BUSAN!? Hmmmmp!” she yelled at me not believing what I said, her loud voice ringing at the four corners of the laundromat getting Key’s attention. I immediately covered while she tapped my hand to free her and looked at Key’s direction who was scratching his head. I grinned at him with an apologetic smile that he answered with a smile too and went back to his phone.

 

“Shhh! Unnie don’t shout… this bi- I mean… this woman. Shhh!”

 

“Hmmpkfdfhdsfbdn!”

 

“Promise you won’t shout.”

 

“Ummmmp.” I let go of and earned a pinch on my groin, even pulling my ear! “Unnie!~”

 

“Yah! That’s what you get for covering my mouth! Seriously Soojung!?” she hissed at me fixing her hair brushing it back. “Busan?! Its--”

 

“Far. Yes, I know Unnie its far. But if she wants to go back there and settle again, live a quiet life like I wanted to… then why not?” she stared at me intently, trying to read what’s on my mind.

 

I’m just saying the truth… its the best place for us to live quietly. Even though I will leave a lot of friends here in Seoul whom I already consider as family, I also have a life to live. “Their house is near the beach…?” I shrugged at Unnie with a smile. “Oh come on Unnie! Its just what? 2 to 3 hours by KTX! You can all visit us there and go home at the same day or stay for a short vacation! I heard their house there is a Hanok.”

 

She pouted at me feigning sadness then turned to the clothes she’s folding, making me giggle. “Its far… you’ll be far from us. You don’t know anyone there…”

 

“Then I will get to know people there…”

 

“You’re not that sociable..”

 

“At least its safe from Zombies…” I chuckled at her then we looked at each other before erupting into a laugh like kids.

 

She again playfully took something in my hamper and when she laid it all out in the air, I can’t help but squeak when I saw it was Amber’s black Armani boxers she is waving in the air. UNNIE!!!!

 

“YAH! PUT THAT DOWN UNNIE! Give that to me!”

 

“Tsk tsk tsk… I never thought I will live long to see this. I thought it will never happen but it did… hahaha!!! You, Inspector Jung Soojung, washing your lover’s underwear. Life is really unpredictable…”

 

I snatched the black undergarments from her hold utterly embarrassed. … thank God the Laundromat is deserted! The only person is Key at the reception area and he’s busy talking on the phone like always.

 

“Well, I’m much more of a good home maker than you. My laundry smells good~~” I playfully smelled the boxers while grinning at Unnie, her face cringing. Hmmm….~ smells like Downy. This is Amber’s favorite boxers because I bought it for her at Shinsegae when Luna, Jinri, and I accompanied Vic unnie to buy an anniversary gift for Zhoumi oppa. I ended up buying for Amber too hehehe… “Wanna smell?” I shoved the boxers on her face surprising her, my laughter echoing inside the quiet laundromat.

 

“SOOJUNG!!!!!!”

 

The two of us were too busy fighting and giggling like kids, Sooyeon unnie hitting me with Yuri unnie’s bra that we didn’t notice Key was watching us together with Leeteuk oppa and Eric. All three of them shaking their heads at the two sisters fighting like kids as always.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“Mister Kim, thank you for giving me a call…” I gave Hyunjoong a bow that he returned too with another, smiling kindly at me. He motioned for me to sit on the couch where he receives his guests inside his very huge and airy office.

 

His assistant came serving us both a cup of tea each, before going out of his office. He looks well, I think his medicines and treatments are doing okay. “Thank you too for coming immediately, Detective Liu. I apologize if I disturbed your duty at the Station but this is urgent matter…” my ears perked up hearing him say it. Could it be…?

 

I took a sip of the Green tea, its less bitter taste rolling on my tongue before speaking. “What is it Mister Kim?”

 

“I told you to call me Hyunjoong oppa!” we laughed quietly while I scratch my head. I’m just shy, that’s all.

 

“Its weird to call you oppa…”

 

“Then call me Hyung…”

 

“Yeah, that’s better.”

 

I became comfortable with him and we had shared a few afternoons discussing about the case of my Grandma and the investigation his men are doing. We also talked about Dani and how he and his daughter spends their time that made him happy and strong. He is doing great, giving his care and love for Dani and making up for the years he wasn’t beside her.

 

There was a time that I doubted his intentions and I told him that, he found out about the rift of the sisters before and he was really sorry about it because he felt his appearance triggered it. He admitted to me, when he went to Kwon’s Beanery his intention was to get Sooyeon and Dani back to his life. Spend the remaining days he have together with them. He actually didn’t believed Yuri that time, he knew they were lying. He already checked all registries in the US that allows same marriage and there wasn’t any marriage registration before he came to the shop and talk to Sooyeon.

 

What made him gave up was when he saw how Sooyeon looked at Yuri that day. He said, then and there… he knew its a lost cause. He had them followed everywhere when they took a vacation in Jeju and also in the US with the intention of making sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter