Forty eighth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! HOW ARE YOU ALL?

READY FOR THE UPDATES?

DROPPING THE FIRST UPDATE TONIGHT. 

YUP, WE GOT DOUBLE UPDATES. ;)

PEACE YOW! 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 48

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

After the talk with Grandpa, Soojung became quiet even when we were already at dinner. I can feel she’s worried again because of what I said.

 

It wasn’t an easy decision, but when Grandpa and the Commissioner General assured me that everything will be fine… I believed them. And if their plan go smoothly, Chief Park will go to jail and Grandpa will be free of charges against him and Kang Hodong too.  

 

We had the dinner arranged by the beach near their cottages. A long table was set-up for us and filled with food that I asked the Chef to make. Korean dishes because Soojung misses eating it, some steaks and other grilled seafoods that the unnies like.

 

She was sitting beside me, tracing her finger on my lap as always while listening to the unnies telling her the story of how they tried so hard to keep their mouths shut not to greet her this morning. I asked them all to do it because we want to surprise her. They all knew about the transfer, Sooyeon unnie declared it to them after. Soojung was smiling but behind those smiles I know she has something to tell.

 

“That Hyo, didn’t even said goodbye personally to us! What’s up that she has to leave early?” Taeyeon unnie asked that made Soojung’s hand on my lap clench on my shorts. She cleared and threw a side glance at me. I gave her a slight nod and placed my hand over hers holding it.

 

“She--”

 

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! I told you she has an important matter to attend to! Don’t worry much about Hyo, she’s already old enough to care for herself!” it was Sooyoung unnie who cut me off in her cheery voice. She and Taeyeon unnie had a poking fight like kids making the others laugh while the couple Yoona and Seohyun are just watching them while eating.

 

Thank God for Sooyoung unnie.

 

“By the way unnies, we will also be going home.. tomorrow.” they all stopped on what they are doing and turned to me. I gave them an assuring smile and chuckled amusely. “Yah, why are you all looking at me like that?! I said we are going home too with all of you because vacation is over… we… have to go back to work.”

 

“Go back to work?! What if they arrest you?” I bit my lips while looking at Sooyeon unnie who said it, her eyebrows knitted. I cleared my throat and smiled at them, a smile that I hope they accept. “I will surrender myself to the Prosecutors Office for questioning. The lawyers that my Grandfather asked to handle my case prepared everything. I will say everything I know and by the end of the day i will go home like they have arranged since no evidences are found against me. I just need to show up, that’s all.”

 

“Are you sure about that, Amber?” I nodded at Yuri unnie before turning briefly to look at Soojung’s expression. She has her head down, her free hand playing with the fork on her plate. Looks like we need a long talk tonight.

 

“I am, Yuri unnie. Grandpa said everything is already arranged back home… he struck a deal with the higher ups. Perks of having a gangster as a Grandfather hahaha….” I tried to make it light and laugh, only Yoona and Seohyun laughed with me tentatively, feeling the reaction of the others. Sooyeon unnie gave me a glare and pointed at Soojung beside me who I think wants to break the plate in half by using her fork.

 

Sigh… this will be a long night of talking and explaining with her, possibly physical. Physical in the sense of pinching and poking not the other “physical” thing because its not allowed while we are in the two-week-wait. I can wait for two weeks without that… hahaha… .

 

Yerimie and Dani wanted to sleep together so we allowed her. They will be staying in Vic unnie’s cottage with Yixing. She asked his ahjussis to bring her little bed to the cottage which they gladly followed. Even setting up a small camping tent in the sand for them where they are playing now. Luna said she’ll take charge with the kids since she felt Soojung and I needed to be alone tonight.

 

Vic unnie and Sooyeon brought out the cake for Soojung with thin birthday candles for her to blow. All of us sang her the Birthday song in Korean and English, Yuri unnie and Yoona performing a wacky dance for her that made her smile and laugh with us.  

 

We said goodbye to rest early, telling that we will see them all tomorrow for breakfast before we sail back to Seoul. Soojung was very chatty while we were walking back to the house, telling me about the condition of the house when we get back tomorrow. She remembered the bed wasn’t made up and the dirty clothes are piled up that needs to be brought to the laundromat down stairs. I changed my mind and stopped, holding her hand.

 

“Amber?…” she turned to me, her eyes asking.

 

“Soojung, let’s take a walk at the beach. I can feel my stomach is too full right now I have to burn this before we sleep tonight.” I scratched my head at her while grinning. She chuckled and reached for my cheeks pinching it. “Look at you! You gained weight… tsss…”

 

“Coming from the girl who also gained a few pounds on her chin~… awww!”

 

“Silly… let’s go. Carry me!~”

 

“What!? Carry you!?”

 

“Yes! Why!? Do you have a problem with that, Detective Liu?? Huh?” she gave me her signature glare then burst out laughing and pouted at me like a kid, clinging on my arms. “Yah… carry me~…”

 

“Say please first~…”

 

“YAH! If you don’t carry me I’ll make you sleep on the couch tonight!” Aha… you won’t get me with that hahaha!

 

“Then you’ll get up from the bed and lay on top of me on the sofa because you can’t sleep without me beside you~…”

 

“You really know me too well…” she chuckled and tapped my motioning that I crouch down. Of course I’ll carry her! Even if my arms are healing hehehe…

 

She gleefully rode on my back, circling her arms around my neck and her legs on my waist too attaching herself on me. “Hold on tight, I’m standing up!”

 

We took a walk at the other side of the beach, the moon was glistening in the wide sea. It was a New Moon, bright enough to light our path. She was humming a tune, actually, a children’s song. What was that song again? Mrs. Teapot?

 

“Amber…”

 

“Hmmm..?”

 

“Am I really heavy?”

 

“Honestly speaking?”

 

“Yes… be honest!” I laughed out loud and held her legs tight with a smile while walking.

 

“You gained a bit of weight babe, but its okay because it suits you. Not in your body but your chin… I know you noticed it too. Admit it…”

 

“Fine…”

 

“Its okay babe, I love you still.”

 

“Good answer Detective Liu! Or else I’ll asked those guards to feed you to the sharks in the middle of the ocean!”

 

“We are in the middle of the ocean!” she pulled both my ears laughing.

 

Hearing her laugh makes me calm and not worry about tomorrow. I will say everything I needed to say… except the knowledge about Grandpa. Yes, I will eat what I said before.

 

I once told myself even if the leader of White Phoenix is a family member of mine, I won’t hold back and arrest him. That was before I knew that he was really my Grandfather. But after all that happened while we are here, I found myself changing my perspective about him. I’m breaking my own rule.

 

“Are you nervous for tomorrow, Am?” she asks me.

 

Sigh. Am I nervous?

 

Not really.

 

“I’m more nervous with the thought of you carrying our little snow flakes in your womb and us going back to work. It hasn’t been 24 hours that they are transferred but I’m already wondering how they are inside. Remember what Doc Hyuna said--”

 

“That implantation takes place three to four days after transfer, stress and anxiety is not good for me. Yes I know very well Am…”

 

“So you better not stress yourself. Don’t worry about me Soojung, its bad for you.”

 

She sighed and played with the back of my head threading her fingers on my short hair. I don’t know what her full reaction is since she’s on my back but I know she’s pouting.

 

“Am… after all of this mess I want you to resigned effectively in the service. Earlier than what we planned…”

 

“What if I don’t want to?~”

 

“Say goodbye to your little snowflakes~…”

 

“YAH!” What the… NO WAY!

 

“Just kidding!!~

 

We continued on walking, I was teasing her that we will take a dip in the cold waters and I’ll drop her there. But she already got her new way of making me stop and follow her every orders. Tsk tsk tsk… using the little snow flakes to get what she wants!

 

“Am…”

 

“Hmmm… you want to go inside now?”

 

“Sing me that song again!” Ahh… our favorite song. I sang it to her that time when she and Sooyeon unnie were in the midst of their Cold War. She loved it that sometimes, when she can’t sleep she will ask me to sing it for her. The song matches our life well… plus the fact that she was a fan of the drama tsk tsk tsk.

 

“That song again?” I asked her with a smile. She tighten her hug on my neck and reached for a kiss on my cheek. I turned my head on her direction and saw her smiling at me, her beautiful smile that I always love to see.

 

“Yup, I wanna hear your singing voice again~… come on babe…”

 

“My throat is not feeling well…” hehehe…

 

“Please?~…”

 

“Please isn’t enough…ack! Yah! Soojung-ah! Are you trying to kill me?! Don’t strangle me!”

 

“Are you going to sing or not?!” Hahaha! She sounds so annoyed… let’s annoy her more…

 

“No.” she turned quiet on my back and rested her chin on my right shoulder, her face just a few inches away from mine that’s why I know she’s pouting again. I tightened my hold on her legs and push her upward so she won’t slid down as I continue walking on the wet sand.

 

Of course I was just teasing her… when did I ever said no and didn’t follow what she wants?

 

Uhh… hehehe… sometimes.

 

She was humming the tune making me smile. Soojung… 

 

If I have a guitar right now she will love it more. She perked up when I started singing the first few stanzas of the song, my head turning to her while singing the lyrics that made us love it.

 

 

(Please play this song)

(Title of Song - Don't Worry, My Dear (Lee Juck)

 

“♪ Geudaeyeo amu geogjeong haji marayo)

My dear, don't you worry about a thing

 

Uri hamkke norae habsida)

(Let's just sing together

 

Geudae apeun gieogdeul modu geudaeyeo

(My dear, all of your painful memories)

 

Geudae gamseume gipi mudeo beorigo

(Just bury them deep in your heart..)

 

 

Jinagan geoseun jinagan daero

(Just let the past be the past)

 

Geureon uimiga issjyo

(It's meaningful in that way)

 

Tteonan iege nolae haseyo

(Just sing to the one who left you)

 

Huhoeeobsi saranghaessnola malhaeyo

(Say you loved them with no regrets…)

 

 

Geudaeneun neomu himdeun ilimanhassjyo

(You suffered so many hardships)

 

Saeloumeul ilheo beolyeossjyo

(You lost what it meant to be new)

 

Geudae himdeun yaegideul modu geudaeyeo

(Let out all the hardships you went through)

 

Geudae taseulo hulhul teoleo beoligo… ♪

(Let yourself go from the blame..♪)”

 

 

 

“♪ Jinagan geoseun jinagan daero..”  she joined me in singing, our voices filling the quiet night on this part of the island.

(Just let the past be the past…”)

“♪ Geuleon uimiga issjyo

(It's meaningful in that way)

 

Urii da hamkke norae habsida

(Let's just sing together)

 

Huhoeeobsi kkumeul kkueossda malhaeyo

(Say you dreamed with no regrets)

 

“♪Jinagan geoseun jinagan daero 

(Just let the past be the past…”)

 

Geuleon uimiga issjyo

(It's meaningful in that way)

 

Urii da hamkke norae habsida

(Let's just sing together)

 

Huhoeeobsi kkumeul kkueossda malhaeyo

(Say you dreamed with no regrets)

 

“♪Jinagan geoseun jinagan daero 

(Just let the past be the past…”)

 

Geuleon uimiga issjyo

(It's meaningful in that way)

 

Urii da hamkke norae habsida

(Let's just sing together)

 

Huhoeeobsi kkumeul kkueossda malhaeyo

(Say you dreamed with no regrets)

Saeroun kkumeul kkugessda malhaeyo

(Say you'll dream new dreams…♪)”

 

 

“Thank you… you never fail to raise my hopes up… in a positive way that is.” she whispered at me before planting a kiss on my temple earning a smile on my lips. I rested the side of my head on hers, rubbing myself like a puppy on her head and whispered at her too. ”Because hope is what this world needs.”  

 

I stopped on the dry part of the shore and crouch for her to go down carefully. She sat on the sand pulling my hand while laughing and guiding me to sit beside her because I kept on stretching my back. Aigoo…  

 

Wow… that was some workout. I think I already burned what we ate at dinner. “Soojung-ah, lets raid the kitchen later. I hope there’s Cheesecake… I got hungry!”

 

“I want Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Corn Flakes and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, lots of whipped cream, drizzled with Chocolate syrup!”

 

“I suddenly had the urge to eat Tteokbokki…” I mumbled at her while she drapes her right arm on my shoulders pulling me closer to her. I rested my head on her shoulder watching the waves crashing on the shore.

 

“Chef will wonder in the morning who ransacked his kitchen.”

 

“I’ll tell him you had a sugar rush!”

 

“YAH!”

 

“Look at that cute chin of yours Jung Soojung~… Aigoooo~~~…. its bouncing~!”

 

“I hate you!” she pushed my shoulders playfully, even giving me a playful smack on my head. The two of us laughing and throwing sand on each other like kids.

 

“I love you too~!”

 

“Babe…” she pouted at me looking conflicted. She looked down on her belly and sigh “Its not that I don’t want all our babies to implant their selves inside me but… what are we gonna do if the three of them pushes through?”

 

“Then you will carry them and your stomach will be big… like three babies big… aww!” she really likes to touch me! Of all she can pinch its my groin!

 

“Seriously speaking Amber! Come on… triplets… imagine it. We have to work hard to earn money… that grocery business we are planning should push through.” she’s right. The combined salary of two Police officers / Detectives is not enough. Plus the fact that our lives are always in danger in our chosen field.

 

But since she’s already quitting, I’ll be left working for us. And now that she also asked me to quit, all we really have to do is to start again. We have enough savings in our bank account but of course, it won’t be enough for three kids. Plus Yerimie of course so that will be four! Oh my goodness!

 

And we need help taking c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter