Twenty third

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

 

“AHHHH! SOOJUNG… NOT THAT HARD…”

 

“Oh God… awww!”

 

“Stay still Amber~~~ I’m not yet done…”

 

“B-bu-but… AWWW!!”

 

“Like it hard like that, BABE?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*BOFF! BOFFF! BAM! BAM!*

 

 

She continued her assault on the poor punching bag I am holding, pouring all her frustrations on it. If I can just tape Chief Park’s face in this punching bag I already did.

 

Maybe I should buy our own punching bag and place it inside my room… yeahhhh…. then I’ll put Chief Park’s face there and practice at it everyday before going to work. Such a productive morning if that happens… nah… I’d rather have her writhing and on the sheets in the morning instead of punching Chief Park’s face. She can do that here in the gym if she wants I’ll be glad to help.

 

Since Soojung went back to work yesterday, she was immediately asked to visit Chief’s office. Actually, all of us were asked to meet Chief inside his office that made me, Minho, and Kyungsoo nervous because what if he found out about the job we did the night before?!

 

Turns out, he wants us to see how he scolds Soojung. He was trying to intimidate and get a negative reaction from Soojung but of course all his outburst and ‘wise words’ will fall on deaf ears. Enters the left side, exits on the right side.

 

I don’t even know why he was scolding Soojung! She clearly stated that its a leave because she doesn’t feel well those days she wasn’t showing up for work. Jinri took care of it all and the papers are all valid, she was really not feeling well and she used her leave credits and rest day so what’s the problem?!

 

 

Flashback

 

“Chief, my leave was properly filed and approved by the higher ups. I wasn’t feeling well these past few days that’s why I have to rest. I used my remaining leave credits and rest day to get better… and I am in constant communication with my team if there are any emergencies and if my--”

 

“Jung, next time informed me much more earlier if you are not going to work. You cannot leave your team unattended like that… you bypassed me! The higher ups know it while me I was the last one to know you are on-leave!” I saw how Soojung’s fist balled up on her sides controlling her outburst. Such a good morning when we woke up but now everything is ruined. (*-_-)

 

Tssss… what does he want? And is it really appropriate to have us all here? He can scold Soojung in private… why in front of us?!

 

I can’t take this anymore…

 

Clearing my throat, I got the Chief’s attention and bowed at him slightly “With all due respect Chief, but we are just mere humans… we also get sick. Detective Jung needed the rest that’s why she has to use her leave credits. We, her team, are functioning properly even if she was away. She and the rest of us are in constant communication the whole time she was resting and for the record, we are not little kids needing supervision 24/7. We do our work well and efficiently… Sir.”

 

Minseok raised his hand and continued for me. “If you may remember sir, two days ago Peniel and I solved a cold case that was tucked away in our case files for five years. It was all thanks to Detective Jung’s guidance on us even though just over the phone, we were able to find the missing person’s body.”

 

“So? What does this mean all of you?”

 

“Sir…” Soojung intervened because she saw how the Chief’s face darkened due to me and Minseok’s blabbering. “If all you needed was for me to inform you beforehand that I am going to be sick, then don’t worry I will. I’ll do that a day before when I get sick. Thank you for your concern on my team I appreciate it, they are the best in this field. Please excuse us all, we have a meeting to do.” she gave Chief a smug smile before bowing, then giving us a signal to follow her while she is getting out of the room not waiting for the Chief’s permission.

 


End of Flashback

 

 

 


“I’m tired…” she stopped punching the bag and embraced it, her face full of sweat meeting mine. I looked around the gym and saw two officers in the far corner running on the thread mill with their back on us. I pouted my lips at her that made her giggle quietly and pressed her lips on mine giving me a quick kiss.

 

“What happened again? Another scolding from that dweeb?”

 

She sighed deeply looking stressed out. Chief called her again this morning in his office and when she went out her face can’t be describe. Annoyed, disappointed, she sat on her seat for a minute before standing up again throwing me a glance. She asked me to follow her here on the Gym and the rest is history.

 

Soojung poured all her anger punching this bag we are hugging now. Punching, kicking, maybe imagining it was Chief she’s beating up. We also did a lap in the thread mill earlier, some squat presses, and lumber jacks. She looks so hot when she’s all this sweaty after a workout… gosh… here I go again…

 

She released her hold on the punching bag and dropped on the exercise mat exhausted. I sat cross legged beside her and took the towel around my neck draping it around her body for cover. I took her right arm and started to unwrapped the velcro of the gloves she’s wearing, waiting for her to start the rant she has been keeping.

 

“Am… he wants me to review the case filed against Park Yongsun’s parents. About the Child Abuse part… he said it shouldn’t be like that. Is he out of his mind?! I’m not the right person who he should talk to about it! He should talk to the Prosecutors and the Child Protection Agency because I already gave the report to them. My role there is over! Its all up to the Agency and the Prosecutors now! He wants me to change everything! Crazy! Is it because those people are rich and they don’t want this kind of attention in the media? Then they should have took care of their child and protected her! Geez!” I placed her right arm gently on the floor and took the left repeating what I did.

 

“What did you tell him?”

 

“Of course I said its not possible! You know what he told me?! He said what I did was wrong, that I shouldn’t have called the Agency and let them intervene. That I should just have let the Parks get their child and its over the case of their missing daughter is closed, no media, no investigation, no harm done.”

 

I took the towel and started wiping the sweat on her face and neck, then lifted her shirt a little to put the towel inside to absorb the sweat in there. I took her right hand and placed it inside her shirt too motioning her to hold the towel and wipe her body because Jesus Christ I can’t do it in this kind of place! If any of our colleagues will see me putting my hands inside her shirt they will get the wrong idea and we are going to be busted again. I don’t want another roundhouse kick in my head!

 

She answered me with a pout shaking her head. Gosh Jung Soojung… not here!

 

“Wipe it I’m tired, my arms are heavy.”

 

“Eyes can see Soojung…”

 

“So?! You’re a girl and I’m a girl, can’t girls wipe each other’s sweat?” she raise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter