Fifth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Our first update for 2018! 

Ready for the update?

Here you go!

Beep beep!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

CHAPTER 5

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“AMBER!!! AMBER!!” Yerimie’s loud small voice woke me up from my slumber, pair that with her bear plushie’s hitting my face. I buried my face under the pillow and patted her small head.

 

“Hmmm.... Yerimie...” aisshhh.... so early... its my rest day... and i’m still burying my face in Soojung’s--

 

“AMBER!!!! WAKE UP!!! PRETTY SOOJUNG UNNIE IS DEAD!!! AMBER!!!” hmmm... Soojung is...

 

I suddenly opened my eyes and sat on the bed holding Yeri’s shoulders. “WHAT!!?? WHAT DID YOU SAY!!?” 

 

The kid was crying for goodness’ sake! “YAH!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN DEAD!? WHO TOLD YOU THAT? YERI THAT’S A BAD JOKE!” 

 

“Huhuhu *sobs* its true! Dani called in your phone she said Soojung unnie is not moving in her sleep! Let’s go there Amber!!! Let’s go!! Huhuhu...*sobs*” 

 

Without much care in how I look like, I carried Yeri in my arms and went straight out of our unit fast. No... it can’t be... i was just dreaming of her last night. Maybe Dani is just joking... yeah...

 

“Dani! DANI! OPEN THE DOOR!” I pounded my fist on the metal door, my heart pounding on my chest. Remembering how the two of us said goodbye last night, her sweet smile before she closes the door with Dani at her back.

 

“AMBER!!!” Seconds later, Dani opened the door with tears on her eyes, obviously bawling too. As soon as i entered the unit, she hugged my legs crying like Yerimie. “Soojungie!!! She’s not waking up! And she’s bloody! There’s blood!!!” 

 

B-bloody?

 

... d-did someone entered the unit last night and killed her? I know she’s so tough especially on those gangsters we will encounter in the Station but why would they send someone to kill her?

 

“D-dani, maybe Aunt Soojungie is just sleeping soundly... did you try to wake her up? Rock her body?” 

 

I placed Yeri down on the floor and closed the door before going straight inside. The living room is clean, nothing suspicious. The two girls followed behind me holding my grey linen pajama bottoms as i entered the bedroom.

 

The wondrous scent of lavender and citrus welcomed me, waking up my senses. My blood instantly boiling in desire... ... relax Amber... relax. You are here to check the situation not to have erted thoughts!

 

But how can I not control myself when the first thing that will welcome me when I opened the door is Soojung’s beautiful face, sleeping peacefully. Her rosy lips parted, a few strands of hair covering her face while she sleeps sideways facing the door.

 

Wow... this is the first time I will see her like this and the first time too that I see this room. She really is beautiful even when sleeping... even though she’s scrunching her nose like that and wiping the drool on her cheeks with the back of her hand... oh. Wait a minute.

 

If she’s wiping her drool off it means she’s not dead!

 

“Is she dead Amber?!” Yeri whispered with worry behind me, hiding on my pajamas same as Dani. I think they didn’t see Soojung move hahaha!!

 

“Dani... there’s nothing wrong with your Aunt Soojung. Look, she’s moving...” 

 

“No! She’s not! Look at her closely! And there’s blood! She was sighing in pain when I woke up! She kept on hugging her hot plushie!” Ahh... I think I know what she meant by that. Hahaha... kids.

 

“Amber just listen to her and look at Pretty Soojung unnie! Check if she’s breathing or she ran out of blood supply! Maybe we should call Red Cross and request for a liter of blood!” I laughed silently at my niece’s bright suggestion, shaking my head.

 

Soojung stirred in her sleep and curled her body like a ball holding her stomach letting out a grunt. Her eyes are still close and mumbling something under her breath that I can’t understand. Why does it sounds like she's calling my name? Should I approach her bed like the kids suggested? What if she freaks out when she sees me standing here inside her bedroom and--

 

“YAH!!!!!” the kids suddenly pushed me forward in Soojung’s direction that I fell down face flat on her stomach waking up the Dragon in shock. IS THIS A JOKE!?

 

“AHHH!! WHAT THE HELL!!!" I raised my head immediately even though I don’t want to because... my goodness... she smells so heavenly..... but just seeing her angry and shock expression made me gulp hard. Her eyes went wide when her sleepy mind realized who I am. “A-A-AMBER?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING INSIDE MY ROOM AGAIN!!!?” 

 

Huh? Again?

 

“What do you mean...” 

 

“WHY ARE YOU HERE?! I MEAN... ...” I didn’t know I was already staring at her too intently while biting my lips that she suddenly smacked my head with a hard bound book. “UMMM! ERT!” Awww! I was just admiring her white T-shirt... thin white  oversized T-shirt... and... what’s inside it that i dreamed of touching last night... 

 

“YAH! I’M NOT A ERT! AND I ALSO HAVE THAT!” I sat on her bed my head that she smacked with that thick book. Is that a book or a slab of stone?! I heard the girls giggling outside the door and I think I know what they just did. Wait for me Liu Yeri.... Grrr....

 

“What are you doing inside my room?!” 

 

“Dani told Yeri you were bloody and dead not moving in your bed! Of course I’m worried!” 

 

Her cheeks suddenly turned tomato red with what I said. Oh ... did I just say I’m worried?

 

But I really am worried... and scared...

 

“Do I look dead to you? Bloody?!...” I fiddled with her heat plushie while she looks inside her blanket still blushing madly. She bit her lips after and shyly looked up at me “I think I understand now why Dani said I’m bloody...” she mumbled and turned away, then turned her gaze slowly back at me.

 

Oh God she looks cute... can I hug her tight and squish her soooo....

 

She was looking at me, her eyes roaming my body. I followed her gaze and found out why. Hehehe... sorry...

 

“Maybe you should... ummm.... ehem.... put on some clothes... proper clothes... you know...” she turned her head away after looking at my exposed stomach. I forgot i was only wearing a singlet with the front slashed widely showing my bare skin. Its Summer anyways, very comfy.  

 

I don’t know what spirit of braveness entered me that my mouth suddenly spoke with a stupid mind of its own. “Like what you see?” 

 

Our eyes locked at each other and my mind drifted from the images of last night in my dreams. Her parted lips, her creamy white legs, her delectable neck... I saw how she gulped and opened to talk. “I... ahh...”    

 

I don’t even know how it happened. Her lips were really inviting me... really calling me. That I forgot to control myself and press my lips on hers, capturing her rosy lips while holding the back of her head. No one from the two of us are moving, my mind was blank. But when she started to move her lips over mine, that’s where it all started.

 

Her lips tasted so sweet, the lips I’ve been dreaming to taste and only have tasted in my dreams. Did she slept last night her strawberry lollipop to sleep? Her arms draped around my neck while my free hand her cheek. Both of us kissing each other slowly, passionately... like we have been doing it for the longest time ever until we had to break for air. I rested my forehead against hers, my trembling hand holding the back of her head sliding down to her waist holding her curves. Her eyes were close, her breath hitting my face.

 

Silence.

 

The two of us not talking, just living in the moment, basking in the glow of our unexpected kiss.  But I know one thing...

 

My heart is beating, pounding inside my chest hard. The first time in my life I felt this way... I have kissed some girls back then in Busan but all of that are just silly drunken kisses. Nothing like what Soojung and I had moments ago. That surge of electricity inside my veins still running inside me, if I don’t stop myself now something she will probably regret will happen.

 

Should we continue this or should I walk away now and pretend nothing happened? Because I don’t want her to feel ashamed of everything... of her kissing someone like me.

 

With much courage, I muster myself to call her name and ask for forgiveness. “Soojung...” 

 

But I was wrong.

 

She pressed her lips on mine this time, with burning passion that is waking up my senses. Her hands sliding on my back pulling me closer, gripping my shirt tight. I leaned my body forward holding her waist and completely laying her down on the sheets our lips still pressed to each other, kissing hungrily like we were starved for weeks. I don’t even know what to think of... does she feel the same way?

 

“W-what are we doing?...” she whispered softly while I taste the skin of her neck taking my time on nibbling, taking in her intoxicating scent. My lips left a trail of kisses on her jaw before coming back and capturing her lips once again that our breaths are already one. Forgetting that there are two mischievous kids outside that unknown to us, are busy watching cartoons on the living room, giggling at their genius way of bringing us together.        

 

Our kiss became needy that our sanity is hanging now by a thread. The way she grips on my shirt was like she’s controlling herself not to give in, same as I, trying to control myself not to lose it. But... we are just mere humans. Attracted to each other... that thin thread just broke after hearing her moan.

 

I don’t even know what happened to my already torn shirt when she hurriedly pulled it out of my body leaving me half wearing only my pajama bottoms that is hanging on my waist. Or how I also took off her oversized T-shirt flinging it somewhere on the floor. The moment our skin touched, that static electricity that we always encounter happened again making her gasps in my mouth. “Sorry...” I mumbled after breaking our kiss and continuing it again. Her skin was hot rubbing against mine, her hands touching every part of my skin leaving trails of fire. I’ve never felt this desire in my whole life, like I want to devour her. Kiss her senselessly and make her crumble under my touch. To hear her whimper and beg for more. Like in my dreams...

 

Breaking our kiss, I started peppering her shoulders with feather kisses going up to her neck her skin in the process. Her right hand grasping my hair guiding my head on where she wants my lips to be while her left hand my back in circles. Are we still thinking straight??!

 

“A-amber... w-wait...”

 

“Why...” I nibbled on her chin then it after.

 

“T-this is j-just a d-dream....” 

 

“Do you want this to be just a dream?” 

 

I stared at her, our eyes both clouded with the same emotion we can’t deny. She shook her head and mumbled a “No.” before our lips clashed again when we heard glass shattering on the floor that made us break our of tongues, me tumbling down on the floor when she pushed me because of worry for the kids. She was going to stand from the bed when I stopped her quickly because I remembered why I was there in the first place.

 

“No, stay here Soojung... I’ll handle it. G-go to the bathroom now...” I pointed at the blood stain on her sheets that made her blush even more and made me smile. She made a grimace at me and covered her face in embarrassment, pulling the blanket and covering it. “Hey... if it will make you feel better, I do get periods too..” I chuckled and my gaze landed on her exposed skin. Aww. Maybe its not the right time...

 

I rose from the bed and took her shirt on the floor putting it on her head to wear. “Wear this, I’ll just check the kids Soojung...”  

 

“O-okay...” she answered in a low voice still covering her face. I would like to plant kisses on those magnificent shoulders but the kids breaking something outside gives me horrors. Those two brats!

 

Uggghhh.... Ahhhh.... why..... Ugghhh... Huhuhu... why.... kids.... WHY???? 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😫

 

I saw my already super torn shirt and wore it for cover which didn’t really covered my stomach, before going out of the door, finding Dani and Yeri in the small kitchen standing away from the broken coffee mug. They look so afraid when they saw me looking at them with furrowed eyebrows. Ahhh... maybe they thought I’m mad at them for doing that trick on me and for this broken mug.

 

“Hey... what happened?” I asked them in a soft voice to take away the fright from their chest. Both of them were already teary eyed when I approached them, I squatted on their level checking for any cuts from the broken mug.

 

“I’m sorry Amber...” Yeri started while pouting at me. Dani was already sniffling, pointing at the broken mug on the floor “Sorry Amber... it slipped on my hands... we were going to make coffee for you and Soojungie because its morning...” Awww.... these kids...

 

“Its okay... no one’s at fault. Anyone hurt?” They shook their heads still pouting at me. I’m glad no one is hurt, or else this morning will be full of crying kids. Its enough that the adults are the one crying... crying in vain because of a failed hot breakfast. Sigh.

 

“Come here girls...” I opened my arms for them and they gave me a hug burying both their faces on my neck, lifted them both and my goodness they are heavy! Good thing I work out these arms or else I wouldn’t be able to do this for them! “Its okay girls, don’t be sad. No one is hurt so its okay...” I brought them to the living room carefully walking on the floor not to step into the broken shards of the mug. Good thing it was just broken into three and not much pieces to clean. I took them down to the couch and patted their heads. “Stay here and I’ll clean that mess on the floor, then after that let’s cook breakfast. How’s that?” the two of them beamed at me nodding.

 

“They did managed to start the coffee maker...” I chuckled while dusting off the broken pieces. After cleaning the floor, I opened their fridge to find a pack of bacon and some eggs on the shelf. Some kimchi on a large container and other vegetables, they also have left over rice on the rice cooker so I decided to just make Kimchi Fried Rice with diced vegetables for me and Soojung plus waffles for the kids.

 

I started chopping the carrots and leeks, onions, bacon, and the kimchi into strips then sauteed it using the sesame oil I found in her cupboard. I was too busy to notice that Soojung has already went out the bedroom and is now watching behind me make the waffles on the griddle. She cleared catching my attention, I turned my head to her direction and smiled. “Hey, ummm... sorry... the kids are already hungry so I started cooking. Coffee?” shucks... concentrate Amber and don’t look at that sinful lips.

 

“Yeah... sure. I... I’ll get it..” she was staring at me then turned her gaze away making me smile. She’s shy... hehehe... the Dragon is shy will you look at that! She went to the coffee maker and poured herself a cup of coffee and stood beside me. “Amber... ummm... the... earlier...”  she’s starting it now... I should just tell her its nothing..

 

Bwoah! Its NOTHING???! NO WAY! THAT WASN’T NOTHING! IT WAS SOMETHING.... something I want and I know something she wants too. She kissed me too and almost tore my shirt in half I look like Incredible Hulk now.

 

“Ouch!” ... I accidentally touched the hot griddle that I on my finger after turning off the stove. ... that hurts...

 

“What happened?” she took my finger away from my mouth and looked at it “Did you touched the griddle?! You know its hot!” she really looks so worried right now, her eyebrows were twitching while pulling my hands on the sink and bringing my very slightly burned finger under the pouring water of the kitchen faucet.

 

“It was an accident Soojung, don’t worry about it.” Are you worried about me?

 

Do you like me? Or you just felt like kissing me earlier? Those were the questions running inside my mind while I stare at her beautiful face full of worry. I don’t even understand what she’s saying now because all I can hear is the pounding of my heart inside my chest.

 

Why am I feeling this way? I thought this is just a crush?

 

Stupid Amber... listen to your heart.

 

You already have feelings for her... who wouldn’t fall for a girl like Jung Soojung? She’s everything you were praying for...

 

Except the nagging part... but of course, that is what you like most about her.

 

She turned to me and raised her eyebrows “Hey, Amber! I said, does it still hurt? I have a burn ointment inside the bathroom we can put some right now if you want!” 

 

“Soojung... I...” is this the right time to confess? But how about our work?

 

“W-what?...” she was looking straight in my eyes and I know I saw something in there, something she cannot deny. I saw that too earlier when we were in the middle of our... our... what do you even call the thing that happened? Second base?

 

“About earlier....” she bit her lips then turned her head away looking down on my finger. She took a kitchen towel and wipe it for me. “Let’s eat, the kids are hungry...” she looked up and smiled at me, her smile didn’t even reached her eyes. That kinda mean a bad thing... I think.

 

I told you Amber... its something she’s going to regret later on. 

 

I knew it...

 

She’s going to tell you later to just forget about it... just wait.... wait for it Amber... or not. Maybe save your heart this early from the heartache she will give you...

 

Nodding my head, I retracted my hands on her hold and turned around to get back on what I’m doing. I plated the Waffles and brought it on the table not forgetting to call the kids over to eat. “Dani, Yerimie... come over here and eat breakfast. I made waffles!” why do I feel so down? Like my chest is so heavy? Is it because I’m going to be rejected anytime now?

 

“Yey! Waffles! Thanks Amber!” 

 

“You’re welcome kids! How about milk?” 

 

“Yes please! Soojungie!!! Why are you just standing there like a statue at the kitchen?! Amber made Waffles and Fried Rice! Don’t you want to eat?” I smiled to myself how Dani is so caring about her Aunt.

 

“Pretty Soojung unnie! Let’s eat!”

 

I took a glance at her and saw her looking at me too. She turned away and took a sip of her coffee before joining the kids on the table sitting beside Dani. She seems so awkward biting her lips... am I making her awkward?

 

“Here you go Soojung, eat well.” I placed the plate of Fried Rice in front of her and patted the heads of the kids. “Eat a lot, okay?” I can’t bear this anymore, if she feels awkward about what happened maybe I should leave now and let her collect herself first. And I need to change my clothes too hahaha...

 

I took off the apron and hanged it on the kitchen hook then wiped my hands on my linen pajama. “I’ll be in the unit Yerimie, eat well.” I turned around and left them in a hurry even though Soojung was calling me, my chest heavy from the thought of doing something to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter