Forty sixth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! READY FOR THE UPDATE?

ITS JUST A SHORT UPDATE FRO ALL OF YOU CHINGUS WHILE I READY THE OTHER CHAPTERS BEFORE THE ENDING. 

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT. (^__^) 

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS AND UPVOTERS. TO ALL THOSE WHO LEAVES COMMENTS AND TO ALL OUR SILENT READERS, EVERYTHING IS APPRECIATED.

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

CHAPTER 46

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

“Soojungie, can I have another pancake please?”

 

“Me too Mommy!”

 

“Aunt Soojung me three!”

 

“Sure! Cutleries up!” the three kids raised their hands holding their plastic knife and fork like I asked them too. Placing one fluffy blueberry pancake each on their plates, I handed the can of whipped cream to Yixing for him to do the honors of putting some on the little ladies’ pancakes. Instead of continuing their eating, the three kids stood up from their seats and gave me a kiss on my cheeks making me laugh. “Oh… okay… that’s a lot of thank yous now!”

 

“We love you Soojungie!”

 

“I love you Mommy!”

 

“Aunt Soojung I love you lots! More than Yerimie and Dani!”

 

“That’s okay Yixing, we love Soojungie more than we love you!”

 

“Yah! Mommy!!!”

 

Vic unnie answered her son with a laugh, even giving him a flick on his nose. “That’s what you get for playing with little girls’ heart!”

 

“But I do love Aunt Soojung… she’s my second Mommy!”

 

“Of course you should love your God Mother, if you don’t then I’ll be mad at you...”  

 

All of us are gathered on the large oak dining table where I asked the breakfast be served. I kindly asked the Chef last night to prepare a breakfast buffet of sorts - bacon, ham, breakfast sausages, hash browns, an egg station where they can ask how their eggs can be cooked, and a pot of abalone porridge, rice, kimchi soup, and yogurt if they don’t want the greasy breakfast. Overflowing coffee and fruit juice of their liking since we have a supply of fruits today. Of course pancakes for the kids plus hot chocolate. The Chef even prepared sea weed soup, Amber said she asked for it because she misses eating sea weed soup. It not even her birthday! It was last month and i made her that soup... weirdo.

 

All the couples are already here same as my friends who woke up early because we went for a jog at the beach front before sunrise. It was a special request by the pregnant Vic unnie and our way of talking without anyone listening because I discussed to them what the guard saw last night in the forest. Their guess was confirmed.

 

“Where are those three Grannies!? Its already late and they are still sleeping?! Don’t tell me they got drunk last night with those cocktails?” Sooyeon unnie said looking briefly outside then suddenly shouted startling us all. “YAH! WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE THREE OF YOU!”

 

My friends and I shared a discreet look knowing that its going to start now.

 

“Aigoooo… I think drinking is not for me anymore…” we laughed out loud at Hyoyeon unnie who came inside first holding her head. She sat beside Taeyeon unnie who handed her a glass of water and medicine.

 

“Who told you to chug a whole bottle of vodka? This unicorn…”

 

“Sooyoung dared me to do it!”

 

“Yah! Sunny also dared me to drink a liter of that cocktail!

 

Sunny unnie came to my side and gave me a kiss on my head, my shoulders. She has always been this affectionate to me even when we are at the Station. “These two! Do you have no shame? The kids can hear you…” She turned to me with a smile “Soojungie! That was the best sleep I ever had! I feel so relaxed! I never knew this is the vacation I needed ever since I became an Officer.”

 

“Unnie, all you do is work and work! Now you experienced a real vacation! I’m glad you like it Unnie, you always work hard in the Station.”

 

“I don’t just like all of this, I love it! I’m gonna make sure I use the remaining day we have here until we come home tomorrow. Jinri-ah, let’s go play beach volleyball later! Who wants to join? Tae!?”

 

"Good luck to the team that will take Tae nyahahaha!"

 

They were all busy talking about the game they will do later over breakfast, not knowing that we have been watching the move of this friend of theirs. She really is a good actress… trained in this kind of blending in.

 

I asked Kang to get complete information about her and he did, giving the report to me this morning. She could have been a government spy if she wants but she didn’t and preferred to work solo. So that was the reason she is always out of the country and her network so wide. All I thought is she’s just a lawyer turned fake documents provider to the CIA? No one knew she was a soloist and had a lot of jobs outside the country. Poor unnies… they don’t know a snake is with them right this moment acting like normal.

 

How can she look at me in the eye and smile so warmly? And how she reacted yesterday about Mister Liu not being around made me doubt her even more. How much are they willing to pay her? Is it in Won or US Dollars? Mister Liu said all crooked people only answer to one thing, make their loyalty waver… MONEY.

 

For money she will disclose our secret location. For whom? To the government? Or to the enemy?

 

That is what I am hell bent to find out before this day ends.

 

I still consider us lucky. Because its the location she needs not our heads. But still, I have to be alert all the time… we have three kids, a pregnant woman, and the unnies. Even though we are surrounded by a hundred or more guards its still not safe. She can be ordered anytime to eliminate one of us, most especially Amber if its the enemy who is paying her.

 

“By the way, Amber?

 

“Yes unnie?” I took a glance at Amber who answered Hyoyeon unnie with a smile.

 

“I have to make an important call to a friend in Seoul. I told her that I will call her today but you know.. our phones were confiscated yesterday. Is there any way I can use a phone here in the island?”

 

“Me too!” Sooyoung unnie raised her hand with a sweet smile. “I have to call this guy I met last week. We have a scheduled dinner date tonight but obviously I can’t come…”

 

“If you want Sooyoung unnie, I can ask the Captain of the boat to bring you back home tonight.” I offered her.

 

“Nah… its okay Soojung. I won’t exchange my friends for just some guy I met randomly in a Club…” she gave me her brightest smile even winking. Taeyeon unnie and Yuri unnie hooting like thugs earning a nudge from their respective partners.

 

I nodded at her smiling too, looking at Hyoyeon unnie who is still busy talking with Amber about the structure of the house and who designed it.

 

Today, I will make sure someone confess everything she knows.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After breakfast they went back to their cottages to change clothes because they said they will take a dip again on the waters. I told them I’ll follow with Amber, my girlfriend telling Sooyoung and Hyoyeon unnie that he will ask one of the guards to set up the satellite phone in the study room. After they come back from changing, its already okay for use.

 

As soon as they left,I pulled my girlfriend back to our bedroom to talk to her. Making sure the plan will run smoothly.

 

“Is it ready?” I asked her. She gave me an okay sign and lead me to the balcony after getting the First Aid box. We sat on the marbled floor before I started to clean her wound and change the dressing, Amber fiddling on the string of the linen pajama I am wearing. “Yep, its ready. They already tested it while we were eating. Do you think she will confess?”

 

“Detective Liu, as if you don’t know how someone like her works. Its like arresting a criminal who was caught in the act of stealing, the criminal will still deny the crime even if its clear as crystal.”

 

“She’s smart…”

 

“Well sad to say… I’m smarter than her~…” I gave her a peck on her right cheek earning a silly smile from the llama herself, even puckering her lips asking for more. Tsss…

 

I continued on changing the dressing of her wound, all she did was play with the string or reach for my hair tucking it behind my ear quietly. Just looking at me, watching every move I do. She will just smile at me lovingly and will make a funny face, even singing silly songs enough for me to burst out laughing.

 

“There you go… its already clean babe… does it still hurt?” I tapped lightly on the bandage to keep it in place, planting a kiss after. “Do you want to take a painkiller?” I asked her raising my head with a smile. She was just looking at me smiling like crazy. Weirdoooo…. “Yah!”

 

“Soojung…”

 

“Hmmm?” I reached for her hair fixing the unruliness it has. I like touching her hair… its soft and she smells good. I love running my fingers on her hair as well as I love grabbing it in times we are playing around or in heat of passion.

 

“Will you wait for me?”

 

I stopped on what I’m doing and stared at Amber, my brows knitted. What does she mean?

 

“Why? Are you going somewhere I don’t know?”

 

She sighed and took my hands looking down on it, holding it tight. I don’t know why I suddenly felt so nervous when she raised her head to look at me with worry visible in her eyes. “Don’t you ever tell me you are leaving without me! If I have to tie you in a rope just to stay I will do that Detective Liu! Yah! What are you talking about?! Spit it out because I feel nervous just now!” I threatened to hit her arms playfully but she pointed at her wound with a grin.

 

“You silly woman… look at your nose its flaring! You look like a fire breathing dragon…”

 

“Because I am the Dragon, remember?!”

 

“The most beautiful dragon…”

 

“Tssss…. whatever…” I answered her with an eyeroll, laughing after.

 

We stared at each other and found that warmth and connection we always have. Her hands are also warm holding mine, she was staring at me with too much emotion that I know she is thinking again of our problem. It was always her worrying about me but everytime she does that it worries me too.

 

“Am… tell me, what is it?”

 

She bit her lips before answering me. “Soojung… what if I won’t be cleared of the charges? It will mean a trial and if proven guilty even though I am innocent, I will be put to jail.”

 

“That is… if they prove you are guilty. But you are not! And what can they charge you with? Being the Grand Daughter of a faceless gang leader? What evidences will they attach to you when there is none?”

 

“Evidences can be fabricated…”

 

“I know. That has the capacity to do that. With all his connections?… Yes he can.”

 

Sigh. “And of course… I’ll wait for you.” I smiled at her cupping her face lovingly.

 

“Even if it takes a lifetime?”

 

“Yes, even if it takes a dozen lifetime more. You die, I die.” tears started to form in her eyes nodding at me with a smile. “Yah… why are you crying?!"

 

"Soojung... I want you to have this." She raised the string of my pajama that she had been playing on a while ago. A simple ring was tied on it, with small gems adorning  the metal.  My eyes went wide looking at it and back at Amber who was chuckling while tearing up. I have to wipe the tears on her face while she untie it then smiled at me raising the ring in front of me. 

"This ring contains my promise that I will never leave you, Jung Soojung. A promise that in the soonest time, I will make you my wife and be a good parent... Mother to all our future children. Be a good provider and good example to all of them, and be a good wife and partner, best friend to you. I promise to love you for a dozen and more lifetime ahead of us... Will you accept this ring?" I can see her hand trembling making me laugh and cry too. A ring... 

 

A symbol of our love and promise to each other till eternity.

 

"Silly... of course i will!" the two of us shared a tearful laugh and kissed each other before she gently slipped the beautiful ring on my finger. Making me the happiest girl in this island ever! Happier than those unnies outside having fun in the Sun.

 

One of the rare moments that I will see Amber cry hahaha! This llama… I wiped away the tears on her eyes and planted a kiss on her forehead before looking back at her with a smile. “Don’t cry… you look ugly when you cry…”

 

“I am ugly…”

 

“Excuse me! Who told you that lie!? You are so pretty!”

 

She laughed at me and reached for my face pulling me for a kiss. I don’t want to see you like this Amber… even last night she can’t sleep. Worrying about everything happening back home. Until now the authorities are still searching for Park Jin Young. Even Kang Hodong and his men are searching for him, checking everywhere he might be hiding. He said last night he will report to us this morning after breakfast but until now I haven’t seen him.

 

I broke the kiss and stared at her and smiled patting her face. “Now let’s get you some sleep even just for an hour.” I stood up from the floor and pulled her up, she needs to sleep and clear whatever is worrying her.

 

“Do you know what date is it today?” she asked me.

 

“I don’t know… we don’t even have a calen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter