Sixteenth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Hehehe... I was supposed to  post this last night but I fell asleep 😂

Thank you to all our subscribers and to the upvoters! I'm okay now and well, back to writing again and supporting f(x). 

Enjoy!

Peace yow!

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“Amber… when will Dani come home? I miss her…” Awww… she misses her bestfriend…

 

Patting Yeri’s head, I turned to Soojung who only sighed and reached for Yerimie’s little face cupping it. “Sweetheart, Sooyeon unnie said they extended their vacation and will be flying to Japan tomorrow.”

 

Japan… what kind of vacation are they doing? Even Taeyeon unnie told us yesterday when we brought the car for a check-up that she and Fany unnie, together with their other friends will be meeting the other party in Japan. Officer Sunny already took a Leave of Absence for 2 weeks…

 

Strange… what are they going to do in Japan for 2 weeks?

 

Or maybe I'm just curious.

 

“How long are they going to stay there?”

 

“Hmmm… 2 weeks I think…”

 

“How many days are 2 weeks Mommy?”

 

I saw how Soojung's eyes lit up when Yerimie called her 'Mommy', the two of us exchanging looks of surprise and wonder on why my niece is suddenly calling her like that. She bit her lips with a small smile, her eyes turning soft while looking at Yerimie playing with her chopsticks. Gosh... Yerimie.... Don't be like that...

 

“That’s 14 days Yerimie… so starting tomorrow count the days in our calendar. They will be home in no time… I miss Dani too~~…” the two of them pouted at each other looking so cute. Victoria unnie came to our table serving our order and stayed for a while to have a chat.

 

She’s pregnant! Oh my God! Their second child after 5 years! Now I know the reason why she’s gaining a little weight. She said they only did the test this morning because she realized she haven’t had her period for 2 months now. They will go to the hospital tomorrow for a proper check-up to know how many weeks her pregnancy is. Wow… a life forming inside her… Niceeee…

 

“Unnie! I’m so happy for you and Zhoumi oppa! I hope its a girl… didn’t you say oppa wants a girl?” Soojung excitedly asks Vic unnie while I fill her bowl with hot broth and meat from the Hot Pot. She’s always excited when it comes to discussions about kids and babies… I wonder why…

 

Duh Amber… of course…


She likes kids... no doubt about that.

 

“I hope so too! Its hard raising two boys in our family, one kid and one who thinks like a kid.” the two of us laughing because of Vic’s eyeroll and glare at her husband who gave us a wave from the counter.

 

“You know unnie, until now I still don’t know your love story…” I handed her a bowl of Hot Pot too to join us for dinner and she received it gladly. Zhoumi oppa came to our table and sat beside Vic, the couple sitting across me and Soojung. We are the only customers left that’s why they are relaxed and let their staff do the work.

 

“What version of the story would you like to know Amber? The romantic version or the--”

 

“The stupid version…?” we all turned to the owner of the voice, it was Luna together with Jinri who immediately ran to our table seeing the food spread. Hahaha! Always the hungry one!

 

“Yah! We are closing now!”

 

“So?! We’re your friends, there’s no such thing as closing time to us!”

 

“Come and let’s eat, we ordered a lot for dinner…” they settled on the available seats of our table with Jinri giving me a high five after picking up a meat bun and started munching it.

 

Jinri, I found out, is a big eater... but it doesn’t show on her body because of how fit she is. Soojung said Jinri can eat a whole Large Pizza at Papa John’s and can still be hungry. I haven’t witness it, only eyewitness accounts from Minho and Kyungsoo and it seems believable.

 

Luna has a strict diet of no red meat from animals with four legs, she only eats white chicken meat, salt water fish, vegetables, fruits and drinks a lot of oriental tea for good skin plus ginseng. I thought Soojung was joking that time when she narrated it to me, found out she was serious when I bought them dinner in a Samgyupsal house. She only ate Dakgalbi and Pajeon paired with Makgeolli and when she’s drunk she swears like a farmer, in contrast to her sweet and charming personality when sober. Soojung told me Luna only drinks Makgeolli and Soju, nothing else.

 

“So what side of the story do you want Amber? You want the cute one or the wild one?” I almost choke in my soup when Soojung suddenly hits my lap hard while laughing at Luna. Geezz… this woman.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Sorry~…” aigoo… don’t be too cute… she made a funny face for me then turned her attention to Luna “Sunyoung, start the story because Amber has been bugging me about it at random times. I told her ‘We have to wait for Luna because she’s the one who’s best in telling it!’ but she keeps on asking!”

 

“Fine, with permission from the owner of the story…”

 

“Even if I don’t give permission you still end up telling it anyways…” Jinri and I snorted while laughing when Vic gave Luna an eyeroll before pulling the latters’ hair a bit. Soojung gave my thighs a pinch giving me a glare but I just continued on laughing.

 

“Hahahahaha!!! Just start now Luna, I’ve been dying to hear the full story. All Soojung say is ‘Oh! Its actually a cute story! Yada yada…~~’ aww!! Babe~~!” she gave me another pinch in my thighs while I control my laughter and settled.

 

She took the spoon in my right hand and scooped some Fried rice before shoving it down on my mouth, I don’t have a choice but open it! I don’t want to face the wrath of a fire breathing Dragon later at home! “Eat and listen, ask questions later Amber and be a good girl~~..” she patted my head like how she pats Yeri if my niece has done a good job while baby talking me. Hehehe… I’m a such a er for cute Soojung~~… (^---^) 😄

 

“Yes Mam!~” (^___^)

 

“Disgusting Liu… I can’t believe I’m witnessing this sudden display of cringey affection from 2 Detectives who always bicker inside the office… tsk tsk tsk…” can I just slap Jinri’s bitter forehead just once?!

 

“I don’t have a problem with it Jinri, they are actually cute even though its cringey…”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Stop it girls! Just do your thing Sunyoung!”

 

“Fine, fine… here it goes…” Soojung fed me with a dumpling while we wait for Luna to start. She took her cup of tea and started.

 

“Once upon a time--”

 

“Seriously Sunyoung?!”

 

“Shhhh! Quiet Jinri!” Soojung giggled beside me and rested her head on my shoulders while we wait. “Okay, once upon a time Vic and Zhoumi were kids who met in China when their respective families went on a vacation. Their families know each other long ago… so they became friends and playmates on that vacation.”

 

“In short, they met in China when they were still kids and became playmates but when they came back here in Korea they already forgot each other because Vic’s family lives here in Seoul while Zhoumi’s family lives in Jeju.”

 

“Yah Jinri! I’m the one telling the story!”

 

“You’re telling it so slow! Amber is already tired waiting for you! Look at Soojung she’s already sleepy the moment you said ‘Once upon a time~~…’ this isn’t a Disney story!”

 

Sigh. Here they go again…

 

They are the Cat and Dog of their group, Soojung and Vic always in neutral grounds. I turned my head at Soojung and planted a kiss on top of her head before whispering. “Seems like we are going home late~~…”

 

“I’m a bit full and sleepy too… what time is it anyway?” she asked while scratching her nails slowly on my lap like a puppy scratching its paws on its owner’s lap. Its a habit of hers, if not in my lap then my back when we are lying on the bed or just sitting together on the couch watching TV. Always scratching her short nails that a lot of times I get goosebumps that leads to her teasing and laughing at me.

 

I took a peek at my watch and snickered realizing what time it is. “Its already past 10:00 in the evening Soojung.” Jinri and Luna are still bickering about how the story should be told while Vic and Zhoumi are having a quiet conversation about their plans for tomorrow’s check-up. They look so happy and excited! Zhoumi oppa kept on Vic’s hand massaging it while the latter talks about getting a new crib and how to tell it to Yixing.

 

It was like seeing my brother again with Ji-eun, Yeri’s mother. The day they announced to us that she’s pregnant and they are planning to get married before the baby comes out. We immediately prepared the ceremony in a month before her stomach shows the bump. Their smiles were really precious, the excitement you can see from their eyes. It was a happy day because an Angel will be born after 9 months.

 

That Angel who is now sitting with Yixing at the other table playing with her chopsticks sticking it inside like a Walrus hahaha! Soojung giggled pointing at Yerimie and took my cellphone inside my jeans pocket snapping photos of the cute kid. She showed the photos to me and we laughed at the little boss’ wackiness, especially when she found out her Pretty Soojung unnie is taking her photos.

 

“Look at her… she’s so cute! I can’t believe she’s 6 years old but she can already answer the Multiplication Table without a calculator.” she showed the photos on the Gallery proudly, still resting her head on my shoulder. Always, always in my shoulder that sometimes I that my shoulders isn’t leveled now.

 

She calls me clingy when she’s also clingy! Besides her pretty head having its permanent address on my shoulders, her feet is also a permanent tenant on my lap when we are in the office. He hands also has this habit of touching my nape too besides scratching her nails on my lap when we are sitting together like what’s happening now. She gave the phone to me instructing me to scroll it for her while her hands are playing on my nape it slowly.

 

At night, when we have sleepovers… she likes putting her hands inside my shirt resting it on my stomach when we are going to sleep. Even though I take it out when she’s already sleeping deeply, it will always finds its way in my stomach when I wake up in the morning. I think its like a calming factor for her, making sure I’m beside her. When I told Sooyeon unnie about it, she said Soojung was also like that with her and even with Dani, its like a habit of hers too.

 

I bet when Soojung and I will have our own baby, baby girl’s gonna be pretty like me… or maybe her… or maybe both…. hahaha!!! yeah…

 

Oh.

 

I froze on my seat realizing what I just thought of.

 

Did I just…

 

Hahaha! Amber… you’re dreaming.

 

As if it can happen… and it will be costly and not allowed in the country. Korea is still not open about those kind of things, access to IVF for same couples are not allowed, joint adoption for same couples are not allowed, marriage is not allowed…. but you can ing change your gender legally.

 

What the hell!

 

I don’t need to change my gender! I am what I am and I’m proud of it. All I want is for the laws of the land to change and for them to be more open about this kind of set ups. The world is changing, families evolve. A family doesn’t only consist of a Father and Mother, male and female with their kids conceived naturally. A family can also be two Fathers or two Mothers with their offspring… its still the same. Its all about nurturing your child and be a good provider, a good citizen of the land.

 

Sometimes I envy those doctors, the doctor daughter of the former President. She and her partner got married in the US and had their kids through IVF I heard, I just don’t know where they did it because its confidential. I was still in Busan back then when I saw the news about the former President and his family, the doctors are still serving at Yong-ganham Medical Center. Such a pity I didn’t met them when we brought Park Yongsun in the Emergency Room, I’m such a fan of their love story hehehe… (^_^) I heard they already have 3 kids!

 

For a rich family like them, its possible. But for us who earns money averagely and saves a little for the future, that will be impossible. Unless I save more money or se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter