Twenty fourth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here is our early update for tonight for those who has work tomorrow and today for those who just woke up from their side of the planet. :D

I read all your comments guys and I wanna say thank you for sending it. Keep it coming!

Don't be too harsh with Sooyeon chingus, she already learned her lesson from Vic :D

Thank you to all our subscribers who always patiently waits for my updates. To our new subscribers welcome! To the upvoters thank you so much! 

You met Ninja Jung in the previous chapters...

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

“I’m dying.”

 

Those were the words that still lingers on my mind even now that I am back home in the comforts of my apartment.

 

After dinner at Amber’s place, Yeri and I played on the tub and had a nice bath scrubbing each other’s back while Amber cleans the house. I helped her dry up and put on her pajamas before reading a bed time story, something I miss doing with Dani. When Yerimie was already asleep, I told Amber I have to go home because I need to talk to Unnie. She didn’t stop me and even told me its for the better but still, she’s not that fond of my sister anymore.

 

When Hyunjoong left the sandwich shop this afternoon after our long talk, my mind is in a jumble thinking if he is really saying the truth or just lying. Its not easy to trust a man who already lied before… and if its true that he is dying, then that’s karma biting him.

 

The proud and arrogant man before is gone. He still is filthy rich, now that he already inherited his parents’ vast fortune and businesses but he looks broken and sad, saying he regretted everything bad he has ever done in his life. I can’t believe at first when he said that he searched for all the girls he had a relationship with before and asked for their forgiveness, all of those relationship ended bad and what’s worse… some of those girls he also got pregnant before he met Sooyeon unnie, ended up in abortion.     

 

Yes. He was that cold-hearted and evil he said, that he will convince the girls to get an abortion and gives them money to keep quiet and live their life away from him after. He said he was young, spoiled and rich, money and girls is not a problem, but one thing he can’t do is get a girl pregnant out of wedlock because if he does… his parents will take his name out of the will.

 

Hyunjoong said of all the girls he had a short lived relationship with, it was Sooyeon unnie whom he felt the love he never thought he needed. He thought of introducing unnie to his parents but they told him if the girl’s family background is not like theirs, then its no use because they wouldn’t approve of her. He said they threatened him that if he won’t break up with the daughter of a Police man then he has to say goodbye to all the luxuries he has. And of course, like the douche bag and he is…. he chose the luxuries in life over my sister. I thank him over it and it made him chuckle, because for me its the best thing he did because at least my sister’s life is not that hellish compared if the two of them will do that ‘You and me against the world’ thing.

 

He said when Sooyeon unnie told him that she’s pregnant, he was so happy but he didn’t showed it to her. He said never once in his mind that he thought of telling unnie to have an abortion because he already felt guilty of all the horrible things he did before. His parents learned of Unnie’s pregnancy and told him that when the baby is born, he should get it and they will send the baby abroad to raise it there. Like the obedient child he is, he said yes to his parents’ wish that’s why he visited the hospital to check the baby... Then he saw the baby yawn and cry in her little voice warming his heart. That he can’t bear in his conscience to take away the baby from her Mother, that’s why he decided to lie and show us that he is devastated about the outcome. Saying its better that Dani will be with us than with him and his family who will probably just raise the baby like how he is raised, always alone with servants watching.

 

Hyunjoong said he lived his life all these years carrying that baggage inside his heart, the regret he felt when he forfeited his rights caring for his only living child. Then 3 years ago, he learned about his sickness.

 

Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia

 

He said he received treatments and bone marrow transplants, stem cells, everything. He thought its already cured because he survived the treatments and his team of the best Doctors declared him in a remission. 

 

Six months ago, he had a relapsed.  

 

He didn’t elaborate on how he got it and I told him not too because I won’t be able to understand medical diagnosis and stuffs. What I’m concerned about is if the disease is hereditary. Because if it is, then we better act fast to have Dani undergo tests if she also has it. He said Leukemia is not hereditary but genetic, it cannot be passed on. But to be sure, he agrees with me and said that it was the reason he wants to talk to me. Because he knows I have been raising his daughter all these years like my own, my sister won’t listen to him so he thought of taking the risk and come up to me for a serious talk even though he is afraid that I will hurt him like I did 5 years ago.

 

I told him I will try my best to talk to Sooyeon unnie about his matter but I cannot promise him anything. I didn’t tell him about my rift with unnie, he doesn’t have to know it.

 

My problem is how to open the conversation to my sister when we don’t even say any word to each other.

 

 

 

Since I went home yesterday, Sooyeon unnie and I haven’t talk. She saw me enter the house that morning but said nothing, she was just standing in the kitchen looking at me. I gave a bow at her and went straight to my room to fix my things that Amber brought to Vic unnie’s house when I stayed there. Dani jumped on me as soon as she saw me exit my room ready for duty. Her smile was so precious and she was telling a lot of stories about Daycare and what she did with Yeri when they were at Yoona and Seohyun unnie’s place. When I went home that night, she and Sooyeon unnie were still at the coffee shop that’s why I went to Amber’s apartment to chill and play with Yeri. I fell asleep beside Yerimie, only waking up when Amber carried me down to the sofa bed on the floor then patted me back to sleep as I slip my hand inside her shirt resting it on top of her stomach.

 

This morning, I woke up to the sounds of my phone ringing. Even though I don’t want to answer it I have too, thinking it might be an emergency or the Station calling. I curse in a whisper when I saw it was just my alarm blaring totally pissing me off that I almost threw my phone on the wall if not for Amber quickly reaching for it saying I shouldn’t throw away valuable things. Reminding me that my phone still has an ongoing plan that I am paying for the past 18 months.  

 

I left Amber’s apartment this morning after cooking breakfast for them and went back on mine to take a bath and get ready for work. When I entered the house, the smell of newly cooked Ramen welcomed me and Sooyeon unnie standing at the kitchen wearing an apron. I almost chuckled seeing her wearing an apron, she wasn’t the type of woman who cooks because she’s afraid of being burned. I greeted her a good morning before walking straight to my room and get ready for another day of misery seeing my Chief’s face.

 

Even before I left the house, it was only Dani who talked and invited me to have breakfast with her but I told her I need to go to work early. Unnie again was just there watching me and her daughter be cute to each other, not saying a word just watching us. I can feel that she wants to say something but she’s holding it back. Jung Sooyeon is still a prideful until now, its okay I love her still. I got a small part of her iness too if I may say its just that I know how to to use it and how not to use it. I bowed and said goodbye to her marching out of the door and to Amber who was waiting outside, the two of us going to work together as always.

 

 

And now, I’m faced again with another dilemma. How will I tell my sister about the conversation i had with her ex-boyfriend without her getting mad again? And how will I start a conversation with a person who doesn’t even speak a word? All she does is stare at me, trying to say words that always she can’t deliver.

 

I stood up from lying on the couch and went to the fridge to get a beer. Seeing my stock, I took out the 6 pack of Hite hugging it before plopping down my on the floor resting my back on the couch. I carefully pulled the tab fearing Dani might have another prank on me shaking the can, luckily no spraying of beer happened. Yes! I won you little punk!

 

Halfway on my third can, Sooyeon unnie came and behind her was Yuri unnie carrying the sleeping Dani in her arms. They paused a little when they saw me, but quickly snapped out of their embarrassment and went inside.

 

“Soojungie…”

 

“Hi Yuri unnie…” I greeted back in my low voice bowing my head at her. “You should put Dani down first on their bed or else your back will hurt… she’s too heavy now.”

 

“Ah! Yes… later..” I smiled at Yuri unnie warmly and I saw relief from her eyes. Maybe she’s thinking I’m still mad at her after all these mess. She went inside Unnie’s room carrying Dani while Sooyeon unnie approached me and sat on the couch just 2 feet away from where I am sitting.

 

The two of us were silent, its like we are waiting for the first person who will say a word. In my mind I kept on repeating that it should be her because she’s the one who hurt me with those words. But as the younger one I thought maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter