Twelfth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! How's your day? Fine? Good? Bad? Tiring? I hope you are okay :)

Here is our update for today!

Peace yow!

 

~~~~~~~

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“Liu, unnie sent a message… that jerk ex-boyfriend of hers showed at the coffee shop. I have to go there…” I looked up from the papers I’m reading and saw Soojung with a worried face while putting her gun on her holster. Sooyeon’s ex-boyfriend… so it means Dani’s father?

 

I closed the folder and stood up wearing my blazer “I’m coming with you…” I took my gun from the table reloading it and putting it too in my holster. When I looked around, Jinri’s eyebrows raised at me. What?!

 

“We’ll be back guys, I just need to shoo a jerk away…”

 

“Yah Jinri!”

 

“I’m not saying anything, Detective Liu…~” Aiiishhh! I rolled my eyes on her and followed Soojung out of the Station. I drove the car and 5 minutes after we are already in front of Kwon’s Beanery, Soojung going out of the car immediately after I stopped and ran inside holding her gun cocking it. I quickly parked the car and went out to stop her from doing a shooting practice.

 

“Soojung! Don’t you even think about that!”

 

“I’m not gonna do anything bloody unless he does something that will tick me off babe… like talking to my sister!”

 

Once we entered the shop, what we witnessed made Soojung put her gun in lock and place it again in her holster.

 

Yuri and Sooyeon kissing in front of the counter with a guy in a black suit watching them with disgust on his face. Come to think of it…. maybe he is Dani’s father. I stared at his face and scowled… I think I’ve seen him before…

 

“Where is that jerk?!” It was Taeyeon unnie who came with Fany unnie, holding her monkey wrench ready for battle with grease on her face included and when I looked at her beside me, she froze on her spot while watching the two in their liplock. Oh … she saw it…

 

Soojung and I shared a look then she cleared , Yoona tapping her feet on the floor while crossing her arms at the three person in front of us whose life will be crazy starting today.

 

“So… Kim, what proof do you need more?”

 

“I will have my daughter Sooyeon… remember that.” he threatened Sooyeon and turned around to leave. I got a quick glimpse of his face and somehow I remember where I saw him. Yeah… in the newspaper… I think he’s some kind of a businessman. Anyways…

 

I turned my gaze at Yuri and Sooyeon… they actually look good together. There’s this certain chemistry that they have… how do I say this… hmmm… nevermind.

 

 

 

--------

 

 

We all are seated by the window now in our favorite table, all of us quiet. Yuri and Sooyeon sitting beside each other not talking, just staring at their coffee cups. I’m just here to observe… unless I’m asked then maybe I can give my thoughts. But right now I’ll just listen because it isn’t my place to intervene, my only concern is Dani and why is her father like that.

 

Soojung already told me half of the story and probably the other half will be revealed today. I took a sip of my Milk Tea and indulged myself with the raisin oatmeal cookie served by Taeil while my girlfriend scratches her nails on my lap under the table slowly making circles. It actually tickles… the contact sending shivers to my spine and leaving me feel so worked up but I have to control myself or else Sooyeon will breathe fire on me.

 

My girlfriend cleared and kept on nudging Yoona unnie to start, I took a glance at Yuri unnie who is seated on my right and I saw her hands resting on her lap under the table fiddling on the thread of her purposely ruined jeans.  

 

“So… uhh… since when?”

 

“When what?” Sooyeon asked in a mumble then pouted. Geez… sorry unnie but Soojung is cuter when she pouts hehehe… Taeyeon unnie who was across her cleared too and changed the topic. “What does he want anyway? I thought he’s in Europe?”

 

“He wants Dani, nothing else. End of story.” there is something in Yuri’s voice when she said it. Taeyeon unnie was staring at her intently like waiting for her to divulge more. What’s the deal with these two? I thought they are best friends who promised each other to protect Sooyeon unnie?

 

“Don’t worry unnie you know I won’t let him do anything he wants. Dani is yours and he won’t succeed in getting her without passing through me!” Soojung suddenly hit the table with her hands startling me that I choke on my Milk Tea. Tsss… this girl… (-_-’) “Sorry babe…” she grinned apologetically and wiped my mouth with a tissue.

 

Sooyeon stood up fixing her hair and smiled but I can sense that she is not ready to talk about what happened earlier. Maybe she’ll tell Soojung at home about it… yeah… I’ll definitely wait for that later in the evening and maybe I can do a sleepover again..? Its just that… waking up in the morning with Soojung in my arms feels great…. then Dani and Yeri staring at the two of us at the foot of the bed freaking me out.   

 

“Whatever you saw a while ago… just forget it. I have to go back to work, you girls too…” she turned to Taeyeon unnie and smiled taking the latter’s right hand “Tae, go back to your shop and good Heavens! Why are you holding your monkey wrench all the way here?! What are you? A goon!? Look at your face you have grease on it!”

 

“Just in case he does something bad… you know…” she shrugged her shoulders and took a long sip of her Iced Coffee before standing up. “I’ll get going now… Yuri…” she and Yuri shared a look before giving Sooyeon a tight hug. Sooyeon’s eyes widen for a moment then nodded… maybe Taeyeon unnie whispered something to her.

 

I’m just curious on why Taeyeon unnie is looking at Yuri unnie like she was betrayed… and Fany unnie keeping shut and taking glances at Taeyeon and Yuri. What’s with these people?!

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

SOOYEON’S POV

 

Soojung and Amber were the last ones to say goodbye with Soojung whispering in my ear that we have a lot to talk about later tonight so I better prepare Dakgalbi for her and Amber when they go home later. Even saying that the Soju is on Amber hahaha! The poor detective scratching her head and nodded in response to my sister who was grinning at her like a kid making a cute pouty face. Cringey.

 

Never thought Soojung can do cutesy-lovesy stuffs to her person… I was used to her doing those cutesy stuff to me and Yonghwa oppa way back then… her buing buing thing and ‘oppa juseyo~~’ thing when she wants something from our brother who can’t resist her ‘oppa juseyo~~’ hahaha!

 

Sigh…. I miss Yonghwa oppa.

 

Everyday. There’s never a day that I didn’t miss our older brother… that one person that you share blood with and vowed to protect you from harm and love you unconditionally. That one male in our life, second to our Father, that we trust.

 

Sometimes, I wish he didn’t left this world.  

 

 

 

I talked to Fany before she and Yoona left because I noticed she was quiet the whole time. She told me she was surprised with what she saw but doesn’t have any problems about it. She’s actually rooting for me and Yuri ever since but I know back then she has a crush on Yuri. Yoona told me before that even though Yuri fancies Fany for a while, it was just a silly crush… not like what Yuri had or have for me. And from what Fany told me before, she has someone in her heart until now that she can’t get the attention. I wonder who it is.

 

I was inside the office watching the two kids take their afternoon nap and also for me to have my break when Yuri went inside and sat beside me on the couch sighing deeply. I feel ashamed bringing her in this troubled life of mine and now she even made a lie just for me.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked her. She rested her head on my shoulder and mumbled lowly. “Tell me I did a stupid thing.”

 

“Just ‘Thing’ not ‘Things’ ?” gosh… I don’t even know how we will get out of her lie!

 

“I know… telling that jerk that we are married is a bit…” she paused and I know why. I took her hands that is picking on the thread of her tattered jeans and played with it. Yuri… you stupid granny.

 

“Telling him we are married is stupid…” I continued for her. “But I’m not mad about it although I’m still thinking if how we will pull it off Yuri. I have a feeling he will use that as one of his reasons why he wants Dani.”

 

“I’m sorry…” I squeezed her hands and bit her index finger that cause her to whine like a kid. “Yah… I used that to pick on my nose.”

 

“No you didn’t… its the right pinky you always use.” Huh… of course I know what it is! Its your mannerism!

 

We stayed like that on the couch, her head resting on my shoulders and me holding her hands. Both of us quiet and staring at the brick wall in front of us… Taeyeon’s face crossed my mind and remembered how she acted earlier when we were sitting altogether. How she acted towards Yuri… don’t tell me they have another disagreement?

 

“Yuri…”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

“Did you had a fight with Taeyeon earlier?”

 

She sighed audibly and slid her head on my lap that made me flick her forehead because she surprised me. “Smooth Kwon… how smooth…”

 

“My head automatically slid on your lap, I think it found its way home.” Speechless. Tsss… Kwon Yuri you nuthead.

 

“Silly! Yah, did you two had a fight again?” she stared at the ceiling looking like a kid who was scolded by a teacher then took my hands and started playing with it. “Before she left, we talked outside and asked me why we were kissing.” oh. That.

 

“Then? What about it? Did you tell her why we did it?”

 

“Of course! I told her all about what happened because obviously what they only saw was us… you know… mwah mwah…” she made a kissy kissy pout that I slapped her forehead playfully controlling my laugh. I can’t laugh loudly or the two kids will wake up and I’ll ruin their afternoon nap.

 

“Awww!~~”

 

“Mwah mwah… where did you learn that!”

 

“From these two! That’s how they narrated to me what Amber and Soojung did…” what…? my eyes went wide with the revelation. “NO! I mean… the kids… ahhh! Soojung will kill me! What happened was the kids did a prank to Soojung and Amber, Amber came to the rescue, they pushed Amber down on Soojung who was sleeping and she dropped on your sister, they kissed, the kids saw that I think and yeah… the rest is history. So basically, it was Dani and Yeri who made a way for Amber and Soojung to finally be together after a month of getting to know each other, all those shy smiles, embarrassed laughters, s… hehehe…”

 

I chuckled on the last word she said “Hahaha… s. I caught them again last night accidentally… tsk tsk tsk… in my couch!” Yuri chuckled too and reached for a strand of hair covering my face, tucking it behind my ear. Why are you so kind and lovable? Why…?

 

When she said those things earlier in front of that jerk, I felt happy and giddy. Hearing her say ‘they are MINE’ still makes me feel butterflies in my stomach until now. If only I can turn back time and didn’t become stupid… maybe… maybe my Dani isn’t born? Scratch that. I don’t regret having Dani in my life… I may have done the most stupid things or acts in my life, carrying Dani and giving birth to her is one thing I know I did right.

 

“Sooyeon….”

 

She was staring at me straight in my eyes, like she wants to say something. If she’s gonna tell me she still loves me, I already know that. I’m not blind and I can feel it… all those years. Even if I turned her down when we were young… she and Taeyeon.

 

 

 

I know her secret. THEIR secret.

 

 

 

But like what I said… my focus is Dani. I don’t want to bother myself with commitments, heartaches, sleepless nights. If ever I’m going to have sleepless nights, it will be because of my daughter and no one else.

 

Its enough for me to be friends with Yuri… I grew tired waiting.

 

I ran my fingers on her long hair and chuckled giving her a teasing smile. “If you are going to ask me if I wanna have then my answer is N-O.”

 

“Damn… tsk tsk tsk… I thought I was already smooth…”

 

“You were smooth but your timing isn’t perfect. Try again maybe…. in ten years?” she burst out laughing that made the girls stir in their sleep. I covered threatening to punch her, controlling my laugh too. “Eeew! Yuri!” gross. my palm!

 

“Ten years?!” she hissed at me pinching my nose that made me squeal like a kid and eventually waking up Dani and Yeri. We stopped on our playing and apologized to the kids with an embarrassed smile.

 

“Sorry kids, go back to sleep then later we will have snacks.” I smiled at my Dani and patted her sleepy head who is staring at me then at Yuri who is still lying on my lap.

 

She and Yeri shared a look then turned their gazes at me and Yuri. “Mommy…”

 

“Yes Honeybunch..”

 

“When did you and Aunt Yuri got married?”

 

I suddenly push

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter