Forty fifth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! I apologize for not updating last night, our family is currently in the middle of moving house so author was preoccupied yesterday boxing her things and disassembling her bed ;)

Five more chapters to go before we say goodbye to the Detectives and their friends. 

So sit back, relax, grab a cold Cola or juice, and play that "P-A-R-T-Y" song by the Nation's Girl Group.

One is not being true, I wonder who it is...

Thank you to all our subscribers! 

Peace yow!~

 

 

CHAPTER 45

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

“Tell me again its okay~…” I grinned like a kid at Amber her shoulders while waiting for the unnies to arrive. She just answered me with a grimace and kicked a pebble on the ground making me laugh out loud.

 

Yes, they are coming. Whether we like it or not, they are coming.

 

And its not that Amber is being rude or whatever, she’s just worried about the safety of everyone.

 

Well…

 

She’s also annoyed yeah… because our peace will be disrupted.

 

Especially when there is a group of 12 women and 2 kids arriving in a few minutes this afternoon.

 

The two of us instantly got a headache when Yerimie excitedly informed us last night before dinner that she also invited little Yixing and his Mommy, Vic unnie. Plus her teacher Luna and Aunt Jinri so it will be fun… hahahaha… soooo fun…

 

Problem is, the house only has 3 rooms. We can’t possibly make them sleep in our room or all of them in the remaining room because its where Kang Hodong stays. We informed Mister Liu about his Great Grand daughter’s mischievousness and illegal organizing of beach party in the island. He only answered us with a boisterous laugh patting Yerimie’s head who is sitting on his lap.

 

‘No problem!’ the old man said.

 

When Amber and I woke up this morning and decided to hang out at the balcony of our room, we saw something that made us facepalm ourselves. Sigh.

 

There by the beach side miraculously rose five bamboo cottages made by Kang Hodong’s elves. I mean men. Yerimie and Mister Liu waving back at us telling that we should join them to check the newly built accommodations for our family and friends that will be arriving today. I pity the guys who laboured overnight making those cottages. When Amber and I passed by them taking a rest by the beach side we gave them a deep bow saying thank you. They said its okay with tiredsmile on their faces. (T---T).

 

The guys did a good job with each of it, even the beds are made of bamboo. Kang Hodong said he asked his men in Seoul to buy mattresses and other stuffs needed then it was all picked up last night. The rooms was good enough for sleeping since they will spend their days outside and in the main house.

 

Plus the fact that they will only stay for 3 days and 2 nights so that is enough. They can’t stay too long because it will be dangerous especially now that the authorities are also looking for Amber. We can’t be too sure… what if they are being kept under surveillance too?

 

“I just hope they are okay and no one followed them…” she sighed. She grabbed my waist pulling me closer to her, eyes having a mischievous glint. Ahh… I know that glint… “We still have an hour… why don’t we check that cottage and see if the bed is sturdy? You know… Quality Control..?” she wriggled her eyebrows playfully giving me her y but funny wink. This llama….

 

"Your arm is still not fully healed..."

 

"But not hurting and already healing fast.." she said planting a kiss on my nape. Her breath hitting my skin sending shivers inside me.  I gave her a playful poke on her stomach making her laugh. "Soojung~~..."

 

“You know, we have a room.”

 

“Its too far~…”

 

“Far as in a few meters far…” Aigooo… someone is pouting like a poor kid~~

 

“So its a no…?…” you poor thing…

 

“I didn’t said anything~….” I flicked her forehead and answered her with a silly smile, freeing myself in her hold not forgetting to wink at her before making a dash on the sand leaving her behind. “Race you to the last cottage!”

 

“Yah! Soojung!”

 

“Last one to reach will be the bottom!”

 

I have never seen Amber run so fast until today… hahahaha!!!!

 

 

 

 

Two hours after……

 

 

 

 

 

“Babe, pull that end while I pull this then tuck it under the mattress…” I instructed her which she followed correctly. We finished changing the sheets and arranged the pillows on the bed, the two of us laughing at each other for our promiscuity.

 

“Yes Mam! Right away Mam!”

 

“Yah! Smoothen it with your hands!”

 

“But my arms are still weak~~…”

 

“Yah!” I was going to playfully punch her right arm then remembered her wound. Oopps! Hehehe! “Silly… tsss…” I gave her an eye roll and puckered my lips asking for a kiss which she gave right away making me smile. “I should be the one to say that.~.. Love you!~”

 

“I love you too…” she said it after planting a kiss on my forehead and smiled at me lovingly like how much she loves Tacos and Boba. Awww~~~

 

After making sure the room is already ‘clean’ , we went out of the cottage in a hurry tugging our clothes down and smoothening it. Just making sure we don’t look like we just had a round of fun for a short limited time hehehe… (^___^)

 

We went back to the main house with me on her back because I told her I'm tired and was greeted by one of the guards informing us that our visitors are already inside Mister Liu’s study room. “I hope they are okay…” I chuckled while entering the house.

 

“Told you, we should just let them ride the boat without the blindfolds.” she snickered controlling her laugh. It was a plan we ask Kang Hodong to tell his men at the dock the moment our guests arrives.

 

Make them wear blindfolds and lock them up inside the cabin with the windows close, then when the boat is already far away from the dock and nothing can be seen tell them to take it off. Its a small prevention so they wouldn’t know what direction the boat sailed. Imagine Sooyeon unnie’s eyes rolling at the absurd command and Sooyoung unnie trying to bargain with the guards using her sharp tongue. Hehehe…

 

The moment we entered the room, loud chattering voices welcomed us. It was like entering your classroom while the bell hasn’t rung and the teacher is still on his way to class. Noisy, really ing noisy.

 

Three kids playing in a corner with the toy horse. One couple having a hissing fight because they forgot if they turn off the gas or not. My sister and her wife arguing over the dog that Yuri unnie wants to buy for Dani while the couple beside them are whispering at each other of whatever but with silly smiles on their lips. The remaining three single friends of them holding Martini glasses and talking about things I don’t want to elaborate because its . And my friends….

 

My three friends shrieking when they saw me and Amber walk in looking like we came from a jog in the beach. I forgot we haven’t showered, so we are a bit sweaty. Just a bit… hehehe… I placed a hand towel on her back before we left the cottage, we borrowed the towel that was set up inside hihihi…

 

“Soojung!!!! Amber!!!!”

 

“Oh boy… here we go babe…” I whispered at Amber beside me while smiling to all of them gritting my teeth. Jesus Christ…

 

“So… beach party themed huh?… I’m so gonna pinch Yerimie’s later!” she answered me smiling too at them copying me.

 

My God.

 

They are wearing Summer outfits and even wearing those bumble bee sunglasses… they even have flower necklaces!!? Who the hell thought of that flower necklaces?! What is this? A Summer getaway!?

 

 

“Oh my God! This place is sooo marvelous!”

 

"Amber! You LLAMA! YOU DIDN'T TOLD US YOU WERE THIS RICH!"

 

"YAH! This is her Grandfather's island!"

 

"But still! She will inherit this!"

 

“Soojungie!!!”

 

“Dani!” my niece ran to me and jumped in my arms circling her arms on my neck. I hugged her tight, so happy to finally see and kiss her again. My baby!

 

I don’t even care what they say in the background, Amber was the one entertaining them while I hug my Dani and pepper her face with kisses. Oh how I miss her!

 

“I miss you Soojungie! Really, really miss you sooo big!”

 

“Soojungie miss you so so so big too honey! How are you? Did you enjoy the boat ride?”

 

“I did! I ate sushi!” SUSHI?!

 

“Sushi?! Where?” Where the hell did she ate sushi?

 

“In the boat! It was delicious! But Soojungie… I’m too big now to carry… look at my tummy…” both of us looked down on her tummy. I laughed out loud seeing her round belly probably full of anything edible served on her earlier. Oh my…

 

“Its okay honey, you’re still cute and pretty~~…” we brushed our noses together giggling. My Dani is really big now… her birthday is coming and I heard from Sooyeon unnie Hyunjoong was planning to have a party for her in a hotel with all of my niece’s playmates invited. 

 

Even if Soojungie will have her own baby, you will still remain Soojungie’s original baby my Dani. I love you so much… Why am I being emotional right now?! I hate this feeling…

 

Maybe because of what happened yesterday… my excitement disappeared when we didn’t push through with our clinic visit.

 

Sigh…

 

If only there’s a way for us to see them and have the procedure done discreetly then it will be a dream come true.

 

“Soojung… how are you?” I turned around and met Sooyeon unnie’s worried face. I placed Dani on the floor who went back to her playmates while my sister and I hold each other tight. “Unnie….”

 

“Are you okay? Huh?” she broke our hug and leaned back cupping my cheeks. The dark circles under her eyes indicating a sleepless night or worrying. I smiled at her and bit my lips while nodding, controlling my tears but it just came out unexpectedly. “I am okay… we are okay. Its just that what is happening back home makes us worry about all of you Unnie..”

 

“Don’t worry about us! Worry about yourselves! We can take care of each other Soojung…”

 

“Unnie…”

 

“I worry more about you… And Amber. What is really going on? Who owns this island? Why are you three staying here?” Amber and I shared a look, she nodded at me indicating that its time we give them a briefing.

 

“Let’s take a seat on the couch and we will tell you girls the story…”

 

“You’re making me nervous…” we broke the hug and she went back to the couch beside Yuri unnie.

 

I went to Vic unnie, Luna, and Jinri the three of us having a group hug. When we broke the hug, Vic unnie took my hand holding it tight patting my head like a kid. “The three of us talked about this trip last night. I know its dangerous and someone from the authorities might suspect our sudden out of town trip altogether, but we have to see you Soojung.”

 

“So we made a lie… hehehe…”

 

“What lie?”

 

“I told the Station I can’t come to work because I have Chicken Pox…” Jinri said grinning at me. “And I also have to talk to Detective Liu… I mean Amber. Captain Cho has a special message for her, I need to deliver the message to the two of you in private.”

 

“We can do that later, when the unnies group are already settled in their cottages.”

 

I turned to Luna and draped my left arm on her shoulders pulling her on my side for a hug. "How about you? Did you closed your Daycare?"

 

"Nah, i have competent staff back home. I told them i also have Chicken Pox so i won't be coming for a week or two to heal. We watched the news... There are truths and lies there, wasn't it?" I answered her with a sigh nodding my head.

 

"We better sit down now and listen to what you and Amber will say. By the way..." She gave me a look from head to toe then let out a smirk "Yah, you look good~.."

 

"Me?! Look good? Oh please..." My eye rolling in response. Hahahaha... ... Did i forgot something to put on after our quick fun?!

 

"Yeah... You look healthy Soojung-ah..." Vic unnie said, smiling at me. Jinri even pinched my cheeks having fun patting ny chin too.

 

"Really? Maybe its because of all the food we are being fed here. But i do work out to shed this..."

 

The three of them shared a look then burst out in giggles nodding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter