Thirty fourth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! 

Sorry about the update yesterday, i fell asleep forgetting to post the second one. So here it is, posting it early for you chingus!

Peace yow!

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 34

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“She’s ready.”

 

I nodded at what Peniel whispered while the two of us watch Soojung emerged from the Giordano shop with a grin on her face.

 

Oh Lord… please let this be a success like all of her other operations before. The ERT (Emergency Response Team) is already here and on stand by like she requested with a cooler full of ice. I don’t know where she plans to use it but well… we just have to trust her.

 

“All set?” I asked her. She gave me an Okay sign with her hand and placed the SWAT helmet on my head carefully putting the straps. “You can do it?”

 

She took a deep breath and gave me a nod while checking my bullet proof vest. “Silencer connected?”

 

“Yes Mam!”

 

“Ear buds?”

 

“Already in my ear.”

 

“Just follow what I will say from that ear buds..” she fixed the body cam on my vest then gave me a smile. I can see the worry from her eyes but she tries to mask it with her smile… don’t worry Soojung, I’ll come out alive.

 

“I always follow what you say…”

 

“Not all the time..”

 

“I do!…”

 

“When in bed.”

 

Peniel cleared his throat behind us then let out a whistle. …

 

“Well…” errr…

 

Soojung let out a small laugh patting my cheeks then leaned forward, I thought she’s gonna kiss me… but she didn’t. Her lips were touching my left ear and whispered words that made me smile and calmed my heart. “Come back to me alive Liu. I love you…”

 

“I love you too… You can do it…” she leaned back to face me and smiled before letting go. With one last look, I turned around and jogged to the direction of Captain Cho and his team for his briefing.

 

The C4 explosives were already detonated and the door at the side already secured by the officers. Me, Captain Cho, and 4 of his team will go up to the top of the building and enter it through the rooftop door.

 

“Just stay behind me Detective Liu and follow.”

 

“Copy Captain..”

 

I hope Soojung will succeed in her plan. The marked money already arrived and was placed in a luggage. An SUV was also sent as requested just waiting at the corner.

 

We successful arrived at the roof top by using the ladder of a firetruck. Some SWAT officers are also on stand by at the Fire Exit just waiting for our command. We have to secure all entrance and exits so they have nowhere to go.

 

The only person who has access on the Security Code of the store is the Manager and she is one of the hostages. If they make a mistake and shoot her, no one else will open the door for them. Well…

 

Of course there’s the security company who installed it and we already coordinated with them. They can reset the code and control it. As long as there is electricity and generator… why not?

 

“Liu, can you hear me? If you can, just rub your thumb on the lapel…” I did what she said and heard her sigh. “Okay, I’ll approach him now.” I gave the lapel another rub as approval.

 

Entering the building quietly, the whole second floor is deserted and a Kpop song was still playing on the store audio. We carefully made our way to the place where we can have a clear view of the first floor while crawling on the floor.

 

“Keep calm guys and assess the area. Wait for my instructions…” we nodded at Captain Cho and check the tablet transmitting to us the camera footage downstairs.

 

The guy who was looking after at the hostages by the counter is already sitting on a stool in front of them. His rifle hanging on his arms while eating a whole roll of Kimbap. While the 3 idiots earlier that we saw pampering their selves with face masks and other beauty products are putting all the products they can get inside their duffel bags.

 

It can be sold on the street on a bargain price or by online selling like most of them do now. The other one were leaning back on the wall near the entrance where the guy who is holding the kid is still standing.

 

Soojung… I know this will work… I have faith in you.

 

Flashback

 

“Wait, so you mean we have to make sure that he and the kid is already outside before the electricity of the whole building will be cut off… right?”

 

“Yes. When that happens, be ready with your Night Vision Goggles. Be ready… the moment I gave Captain Cho a whistle on my lapel, he will give the signal to all of you. Take them all down without spilling blood inside the shop.”

 

“But they already hurt three of our officers who responded first! Thank God they are all safe in the hospital now.”

 

“The only blood that will spill today is that guy’s blood holding that kid…”

 

“You already practiced it?” she gave me an evil smile that made the hairs on my skin rise and bit her lips. .

 

End of Flashback

 

 

“Its starting…” Captain Cho whispered giving me a smile.

 

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

“Detective Jung, you’re good to go..” I gave the officers a thumbs up and inserted my index finger on the ring of the key chain playing with it.

 

Relax Soojung, relax…

 

You can do it…

 

The assault team inside is counting on you… all you have to do is to convince him to step outside the Store. After that… it will be the start of everything.

 

I have the get away vehicle that he requested, I asked one of the officers to park the car where the gunman can see it. Next is the luggage full of marked money. My weapon secured on my back, all ready for a quick action.

 

What did I do inside the Giordano shop?

 

I borrowed one of their mannequin and played with it.

 

Let’s just say… I played with it like any 6 year old kid does to her Barbies…

 

I pushed the button of my lapel and spoke softly on it while walking forward to the door of the store. “Be on alert, remember… the safety of the kid is important. If anyone of you gets a clear shot of him, do it. Snipers ready?”

 

“Yes Detective Jung!”

 

Stopping just 3 meters away from the glass door, I waved my hand to the guy and showed him my badge. “Excuse me ahjussi!”

 

He was just looking at me while holding the kid who looks so frightened. you, you ahjussi! I will never forgive you if something happens to her!

 

I took the small megaphone hanging on my shoulders and spoke on it “Ahjussi… this is Inspector Jung, I’m a Detective from Myeongdong Police Station. I already have what you requested, so please step out of the shop and get the key from me. Free the kid, she doesn’t have to be in the middle of all this drama.”

 

The guy near him was writing something in a piece of cardboard then plastered it on the glass wall for us to read. . “What the hell is that handwriting… this idiot… can somebody please read it for me..”

 

“Detective, it says…’How about the money?’…”

 

“Thanks Peniel…”

 

I motioned one of the officers to bring the luggage containing the money and place it beside the SUV. “The money is also here. The car is here. All you need to do is free your hostages then you can go, starting with that kid. Come out now ahjussi, I know all of you are hungry…”

 

“Detective, they said ‘The door must be opened…’ yeah…should we give them a megaphone too?!..”

 

Taking another step forward, I tighten my hold on the megaphone and spoke again in a clear voice. “The only person who can open the door is the Manager, she’s inside the store as your hostage. Let’s barter… after the Manager has opened the door, let the kid go and I’ll give your first demand.”

 

Another note was plastered and I instantly read it. OKAY… “Now don’t hurt anyone there and get the Manager to open the door then step out, no one will be hurt…” unless you do something stupid then I will hurt you and your friends!

 

I’m just controlling myself you doofus! “Are we clear on that Mister Sung Jun?” his eyes suddenly widened when I yelled his name. Of course I know you ahjussi… we got your records.

 

 

Now let’s see what’s happening inside… “What is the situation inside, Peniel?”

 

“They all seemed to be arguing…” the man holding the little girl disappeared from my sight and went inside the store. “Wait… one went to the counter where the hostages are kept. I think they already found the Manager… Yup, positive. Its the Manager… the guy who keeps on giving us the messages is pointing his gun to the Manager…” the man appeared again with the kid who is crying again. Don’t worry baby girl, I’ll make sure to get you from him without a scratch.

 

“Manager already pushing some buttons, detective. And…. we’re good! Glass door is open!” Finally! Okay… let’s make him go out…

 

I cleared my throat and showed him the key of the car to lure him out “I have the key here… if you want it, get out here so we can have an exchange.”

 

“How can I be so sure that the Police won’t shoot me!? You probably have some snipers now waiting for me to come out!”

 

“We won’t do that… unless you do something that will make us shoot you. I know you’re a good man Mister Sung…”

 

“Don’t fool me!”

 

“I’m not fooling you… all of us has this certain goodness inside our hearts. We just have to discover and use it for the sake of everyone. Look at that little girl… don’t tell me you don’t have a daughter?”

 

“Hahaha!! I don’t have a daughter!”

 

“A sister, a Mother, a friend. Don’t tell me you don’t have all of it!”

 

“Just give the key and money to me!”

 

“Then step out and I will give it to you in exchange of the little girl.”

 

Come out, come out…. come on ahjussi… just a few steps forward…

 

“By the way, I ordered Korean Fried Chicken for you and your friends… isn’t it nice if you will have it with Chimaek?”

 

I saw how his face lit up hearing about the food and drink I mentioned. Based on his profile, its his favorite. He can finish 6 servings of Fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter