Twenty ninth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update for today!

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvoters who kept on reading the story. 

I hope you all have a great day!

 

 

 

 

YURI’S POV

 

Awww~~~…. this is my most hated part of the month…

 

Encoding a bunch of numbers for hours in this laptop.

 

Although its nice to know the shop is doing well… my sales doesn’t go beyond the dropping point and always going up every month. If Dad was still alive today I know he will be happy to see this kind of growth.

 

Who would have thought that the small coffee shop owned by a young man freshly out of the University of California will last like this? Coffee shops back then are not like how it is right at this age… Dad said he used to serve only one kind of coffee in two types: Hot or Cold.

 

Stretching my arms up, I leaned my back on the computer chair and closed my eyes to relax it a bit. I’ve been staring on the screen for too long… I need to rest my eyes…

 

I forgot to bring my USB… I hope Sooyeon has a spare here in their apartment.

 

Sigh.

 

Closing my eyes for a few minutes, my mind drifted to the talk Sooyeon and I had this morning at the shop.

 

 

Flashback

“So how did he took it? Is he happy about it?” I asked her while wiping the counter after making the last Latte ordered by a customer. She took the rag from me and let me sit on the stool before she continued what I’m doing. “Of course he is, what person wouldn’t be happy if his daughter will call him Daddy.” she turned to me and saw me staring at her.

I just can’t help it… staring at her. It has been a habit of mine since we were young, just staring at her from afar or near, even if she has her back turn to me or her side profile. I just love staring at her and watch how she moves with grace.  

She came closed to me, face to face with a smile on her lips while her eyebrows are raised then reached for my chin closing it. Oh. I didn’t know I already look so stupid again…

“Yah… close that cute mouth of yours Kwon Yuri, you’re drooling.” she snorted at me and placed the rag on my hands again then smiled. “This is the second time that Hyunjoong will pick-up Dani at the Day Care, then she will be staying at his house again tonight. Should we watch a movie later?”

Ohhh… movie… we can do that tonight at their apartment..

“Sure! What movie would you like to watch and I’ll download it. Then we can pop in on the microwave some Cheese flavored Pop corn! ”

“Pabo! What I mean is let’s go to the movies! Big screen Yuri! With Pop corn in a tub!” she snarled at me after then flicked my forehead, obviously annoyed at me. But…. arrrrghhhh!!!!

“Aww~~ that hurts!”

“You deserve it! Come on Yuri~~ we haven’t been on a date for ages!”

“Hey! We went on a date last week!” This woman! She even had constipation because of eating too much Sushi last week don’t she remember it!?

She gritted her teeth at me and flicked my forehead for the second time, but now I’m smiling because the Sooyeon I am seeing today is her true self. Sometimes I ask myself…

Why do I love you Jung Sooyeon?

Why can’t I say No to your every request?

“I know we went on a date last week…” she pouted at me then reached for my hair tucking it behind my ear that made me blush because its not everyday that Sooyeon does something affectionate like that to me… most of the time we are poking each other or pinching and pulling. She sighed then smiled… should I say she smiled lovingly at me? Even though she hasn’t said I Love You to me?

“But…?”

“But I want to spend time with you alone… this is the second time Dani will be away and God knows how happy and excited our daughter is because she will be spending time with her Father in that ‘Super huge robot house’ like she says…” my eyebrows raised when she took my hands and encircled my arms on her waist, looking down on me while biting her bottom lips with a smile “You know…” *wink* *wink* HUH? WHAT WAS THAT???

My eyebrows met, my eyes narrowing trying to decipher that *wink* *wink* means. Two winks, biting her lips so adorable…

Ahhh….!

 

She wants me to take her on a full on date! Maybe after the movies she wants to have dinner at that Steakhouse she likes! Hmmm….   

 

I smiled at her and reached for a kiss on the tip of her nose that made her pout even more. What?!

“What’s with the pout?”

Still pouting…

Hmmm… don’t tell me she wants me to kiss her?

“Don’t give me that pout… you’re too old for that.”

“YAH!” her hands automatically grabbed my neck choking me to death because of calling her old.

We did watched a movie and ate dinner after in that Steakhouse she loves, Sooyeon was really attentive of my needs playing the role of a good wife. It was nice… I know she loves me and I love her too but why do I feel that the wall she built around her is still there?

Or I am just too blind to notice?

 

End of flashback

 

 

I suddenly felt hands holding my shoulders starting to massage my aching muscles. Wow… her hands are really good… I mean… GOOD in massaging.  

 

"What are you doing?" 

 

"Finishing the Sales Report of the Coffee shop... I need to fix this and also the papers because the filing of the Business Permit renewal is in 2 days time..." I continued on encoding the numbers in the Excel spreadsheet, my focus completely and entirely on the screen. Sooyeon rested her chin on my right shoulder and gave me a quick peck on my cheeks making me smile. 

 

If there's one good thing about that deal she had with Hyunjoong, its the Friday sleepover of Dani that I like the best!

 

Why?

 

Hehehehehe.....

 

I can sleepover in their apartment without a little girl blocking my moves on her Mommy, no kid kicking me out of the bed.

 

But I think this night is the night. Sigh... I need to finish this...

 

"You want some coffee?" 

 

"Hmmm... I already consumed more than the allowed intake today..."

 

"Cookie?"

 

"Too sweet..."

 

"Milk?"

 

"Lactose Intolerant, remember?"

 

"Dried Persimmons?"

 

"Hmmm.... No thanks...fruits should be consumed--"

 

"Wanna have ?"

 

"At mornings....WAIT WHAT!!?" my fingers stopped typing on the keyboard and immediately stood up from my seat in an instant. 

 

She was covering controlling her laugh, utterly surprised in what I did. Who wouldn’t be reacting like this!? This is the first time she initiated this!

 

It was always me asking her and at all times its either I am rejected or the time is not right. Last Friday, she had her period. The other Friday, I had mine.

 

This Friday…

 

NOTHING CAN STOP US NOW.

 

“I said, do you wanna have ? Do you?” she cleared , her face still flushed from the laughing she did. Then my eyes landed on what she’s wearing and God… I’m so stupid to not notice…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter