Twenty sixth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! Here is our first update for today!

I apologize for not updating for 2 days, got some stuffs to do and add my brother who took charge again on my laptop leaving me mad because i can't edit my draft. Anyways... KryBer is in New York as of this time... leaving everyone dumbfounded asking why Amber is in New York???

Thank you to all our subscribers! I hope you guys are holding on to the story!

Peace yow!

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

"Detective Jung... Are you okay?" I cringe on my spot in the corner while photocopying some documents in the machine. It was a lazy afternoon in the Station, all of us in the Investigation Department sulking. I spun around carefully and met Officer Sunny's worried face looking at me from head to toe. Unnie~~~…

 

How can I tell you that I had marathon with my girlfriend last night until dawn, then this morning my self-declared daughter Yeri jumped on her Aunt's back  accidentally pushing her long, demo unit feeldoe from Yoona Unnie so deep... I thought I'm gonna bleed...

 

"Unnie... I'm okay... Just feeling under the weather.. hahaha..." I smiled at her like a cute Shiba Inu showing my teeth but deep inside I'm soooo sleepy and exhausted! I need additional caffeine and Carbs in my body! Damn that girlfriend of mine! Where the hell is that Detective?!

 

Officer Sunny patted my back and teased me with a knowing smile. "You know what's good with that Detective Jung? Beef Rib Soup! Just sipping the broth will bring back that lost strength of yours I guarantee you… take it from me, I know what I’m saying." She gave me a wink and left me standing there beside the photocopier. Eh...? Did she just…

 

. How the hell??!

 

Is it the glow I have? Or the lazy way of walking I have been doing since this morning I stepped inside this Station?

 

Jinri greeted me this morning with her eyebrows shot to the roof because the moment I got in my table, my head dropped in an instant. So, so, lazy…

 

I thought eating a lot this morning in the breakfast table will give me energy, Amber even made me a fruit smoothie she calls Morning Sunshine saying its good for the body. It just gave my intestines the opportunity to release all the waste it stores inside. I badly want some Beef and Bread… Chicken… grass… Green leafy vegetables… Tofu… Uggh..

 

I’ve never been this lazy in my whole time working as a Detective in this Station. I literally stared for a good five minutes on the screen of my laptop thinking about what case folder to get in the file drawer. If not for Amber calling my name repeatedly I’ll be zoning out like that for a long time. Thank God she got my attention because it was a warning for me, she said Chief was coming in our office. Shucks… my beautiful blissful morning to be ruined again by that Chief of ours.

 

The reason he came? To inform our team that we will be working on Cold cases from now on. Yep, he transferred all the Cold cases to our team and told us the investigations for recent crimes and everything else will be handled by the other team of Detectives. If I know… he just wants us away from handling recent cases that will tackle issues concerning the people they are protecting.

 

Hahaha… he doesn’t know it but I got intelligence that this Chief Park Jinyoung of ours is receiving a monthly hefty tribute from business owners around the shopping district. It was said that the tributes is being deposited in a dummy account of his named after that assistant he is always with, Officer Lee. All I need is physical proof to pass in our Internal Affairs Department so that they can start the investigation. Dad’s friend is the head of that Department who handles complains against corrupt and ill officers of the force. He told me Chief Park has been in their hot list and they are also gathering evidences against him because they are receiving negative reports from anonymous people about the Chief forcing them to pay up for protection in their businesses.  They just need a solid and concrete evidence to bring him down, its a bit hard without it because Chief’s backer is the Director of the Police Force himself.

 

Walking back to our cubicle, I was passing by near the Chief’s office when I got a glimpse of who was inside. It was no other than the man who owns the hotel we were having a surveillance a few nights ago. Kang Hodong.

 

Officer Lee was already closing the door when I saw him… yeah, its him. Kang Hodong with his bodyguards… shaking hands with Chief Park like they have known each other for so long. Amber has to know this…

 

I immediately entered our office room and saw Amber bobbing her head fighting the urge to fall asleep in front of her laptop. Peniel saw me and brought his finger in front of his lips indicating that I keep quiet. He took the stress ball from Jinri’s table and threw it in Amber’s way, hitting my poor girlfriend’s forehead that made her sit up straight on her chair.

 

“YAH! WHAT THE HELL!?” All of us burst out laughing seeing Amber so annoyed that she pouts like a cute puppy. I sat on my seat across her and raised my feet on her lap under the table nudging her stomach “Sleeping not allowed Liu…”

 

“Looks like someone stayed up all night… I wonder why…”

 

“Did you play NBA2K17 again until dawn Detective Liu? I told you video games are bad tsk tsk tsk…” I can’t help but release a giggle hearing it from Minho who is busy using the paper puncher pretending he is filing some documents. But the truth is, he was just busy making holes on the papers so he can collect those small round shape thingys and play with it after, throwing it like snow flakes. Can’t believe Summer will be over… autumn is coming…

 

But first and foremost, Amber’s birthday is coming.

 

Then my birthday the following month.

 

Will we be able to celebrate it? I hope so… I would like to spend the day with her in a quiet place with just the two of us. No distractions, no VBlockers, no annoying boss… me and her.

 

She threw her head back stretching a little at her seat, her hands holding my feet on her lap massaging it a little giving it some tickles. I waited for her to look at me and when she did, I made my most authoritative smile and said to her in a smirk that made her straightened up.

 

 “Chin up, be snappy!”

 

“Ye-yes Mam!” very good…~

 

“How many points last night Detective Liu?” I heard Minseok asked after a while. Flipping through the pages of the case file I took inside the file drawer, my eyes scanned the Police Report about an unsolved case of a missing woman 10 years ago. Oh wait, I have to tell her about what I saw!

 

I reached for my phone and composed a message for her to send when I heard her answer to Minseok’s question that made me kick her stomach in surprise, but the little caught my feet and placed it in the middle of her thighs locking it so I won’t have a chance to kick her. The hell!

 

“Five points.” my eyebrows raised and gave her a pout when I looked up just to see Amber grinning at me, biting her lips like a maniac, Peniel and Jinri wriggling their eyebrows with a ‘I-know-what-happened-last-night-but-we-won’t-say-it!’ kind of look. The other three officers has no reaction, just busy on what they are doing on their desk. Aiiishhh! Amber you !

 

I sank on my seat further to hide my embarrassment when Jinri raised her hands, open palm and mouthing ‘Five!?’ at me like she can’t believe we just had five rounds last night. What can I do… we were in heat. This little was in heat!

 

Okay, I was in heat too. Maybe my period is coming that’s why…

 

“Well then… how was your dribbling skills?!”

 

“Ohhh… I bet Detective Jung can comment on that~~…”

 

“YAH! CHOI JINRI!!”

 

I threw my stress ball at Jinri’s direction utterly embarrassed on my friend’s teasing. Peniel even joined the fun and made a shooting motion in the air with his hands grinning at me. How did they know about it too? Did Amber told them?! I hate you! She caught the ball and couldn’t contain her emotions anymore that she finally released her loud laugh making me blush.

 

“YAH! Stop it!”    

 

“Five points… tsk tsk tsk… congratulations Detective Liu! May it be twin girls with cute button tails!”

 

“Amen to that Shin!”

 

All I can do is drop my head on my table face down to hide my embarrassment in this kind of situation, Amber reaching for my head patting it.

 

“LIU! GET ME A COFFEE!!!”

 

 

The day went by with occasional teasing from Jinri. Gosh… my face is so flush everytime Jinri will tease me asking why I am wearing a turtle neck or why I am wearing my glasses and not my contacts. I gave them my scowl, throwing everything I can reach on top of my table except of course my small portrait with Dani, when she and Peniel will laugh add Minseok and its a riot. Minho even threw his paper snow flakes in the air that made all of us laugh out loud, a laugh that all of us needed since this morning when all of us were demoted to handling cold cases.

 

I already told Amber about what I saw at Chief’s office and she only gave me a nod. But I know that serious look she had when I said it… her mind is analyzing again. Until now we haven’t found the name of that Chinese man who came to the hotel that night.

 

It was already 5:00 in the afternoon and all of us are just killing time reading those case folders, looking for an unsolved crimes. The one I was reading earlier interests me that I’m gonna ask Amber to help me with it. It was a mystery on how the woman suddenly disappeared one day without a trace, even her husband doesn’t know what happened. He just came home one night from the office and his wife is gone.

 

“Jung, Liu…” I stood up from my seat when Chief Park suddenly appeared standing by the door of our office while reading a document. I cleared my throat to give the others a signal to fix their selves before he sees them slouching.

 

“Yes Chief Park?”

 

“I want you and your team to help the officers tonight to patrol the shopping area. We need to catch that burglar so he won’t have to worry about those store owners complaining.” I thought we are just going to handle cold cases?! Why is he using us?

 

“But sir… you said that job is already transferred to the team that will handle current cases. You said we are off limits on that investigation.”

 

“We just need additional hand to get him… no buts Liu! Please prepare now..” he turned to me for a nod then left just like that. Arrrrgghhhhhh!!!!!

 

I saw the disappointed faces of my team, especially that its already time to go home in less than 45 minutes. Sigh…

 

I was going to ask Amber to watch movies tonight… bummer.

 

I really hate you Chief!

 

“Okay girls… let’s do it.” it was all I can say and gave them an apologetic smile knowing deep inside me I’m so pissed off again. But I don't want to do anything that will further make my team down, he surely hates me.

 

The boys groaned at their seats but obliged and got ready, Jinri also stood up to approach me while I was busy clearing out my table. She has her hands inside the pocket of her hoodie, eyeglasses perched on her nose. “You know Soojung, if I were you I’m gonna put a bed of nails under the chair of that Neanderthal man. His will definitely be full of holes after.”

 

“Silly… a bed of nails won’t do good. I’m gonna put right there so he will know how ty he is inside and out. Arrrgghhhh!!! I’m starving!” the two of us pouted at each other and let out a sigh.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter