Forty first

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! HERE'S OUR UPDATE THIS MORNING!

I need to work double time to give you updates sorry if a bit late :) 

Thank you to all our valued subscribers and the upvoters too! I appreciate you all chingus for reading my story and i will continue to write and give you KryBer content until I don't have any plot left. Well... that is... IF i ran out of plots hehehehe.... ;)

Ready for a boring update? Here you go!

Peace yow!~

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

 

“AMBER!!!! NO!!!”

 

 

*BANG!*

 

 

Everyone froze on their spots when the bullet hit Amber’s right arm that made her fall down on top of the oldman. If I didn’t acted fast, ran to the direction of that stupid guard who pointed and fired his gun on her and kicked his arms away just in time, that bullet already made a trip inside her head and probably making me a widow even though we are not yet married. I gave him another kick on his sides before stomping on his wrist that made him writhe in pain on the floor. You CRAZY BASTARD!

 

“Arrrgghhh! My hand!” Where is the knife?! I’ll chop his hands and throw it at the big aquarium I saw in the living room with a humongous Arowana floating there. I bet it also eats flesh! You bastard! That's what keeps me happy and you'll just kill her!

 

“How dare you shoot her!”

 

“Oh God! Arrrrghhhh! Get your hands off me losers!” my attention turned to Amber who was struggling on the guards’ hold trying to touch her. I gave the stupid guy a kick on his face before striding to where Yerimie is hiding.

 

“Amber!!!” taking the crying Yerimie quickly in my arms, I saw how Amber was being lifted by the guards carefully with the old man Liu is assisted by Kang Hodong. I cried in horror seeing Amber’s bloody arm being given first aid by one of them.

 

“Bring her inside! Call Doctor Huang immediately and prepare the clinic, you bastards! Go!”

 

“Master are you okay?!”

 

“I am okay! Take my Granddaughter inside now! And that bastard who shot him take him at the dungeon!!!”

 

“Yes Master!” a handful of the guards took the guy who shot Amber from the floor and dragged him out of the balcony shouting his plead for mercy. Wait for me later and I’ll be the one to give you a piece of pain when I’m already available.

 

One of them were pressing a cloth on Amber’s gunshot wound to control the bleeding while one was supporting her head keeping it straight. Why haven’t they lifted her up?! They can lift her up! Its a gunshot wound not a car crash! I saw Amber’s eyes fluttering and it made me nervous that my blood is boiling in anger in their slow response.   

 

“Amber! Don’t close your eyes babe! Open it! BRING HER INSIDE NOW! DON’T WAIT FOR ME TO TAKE THAT ASSAULT RIFLE AND KILL ALL OF YOU!!!” I shouted that made them all tremble in fear and lift Amber in a stretcher one of them hurriedly got from inside the house.

 

“Soo-soojung… ughhhhh… … why is it hot…” she bit her lips in pain. I can’t help but tear up seeing her in pain like this. What if she loses a lot of blood!? We’re in the middle of the sea for God’s sake!!!

 

They lifted her up in a flash and took her inside the house with me and Yerimie following them. My heart is pounding inside my chest so hard because of nervousness. Amber just hold on babe….

 

We passed by the living room and took a left turn in a hallway, then they entered a room with double doors. I followed them inside and my eyes can’t believe what I am seeing…

 

It was a room… a clinic. A small clinic but complete with everything. Amber was taken to the bed in the middle and it was a state of the art bed, medical machines only to be seen in operating room are standing beside it and a Doctor is already checking her condition.

 

“Amber!!! Open your eyes!! Don’t close that, arasso!!!?”

 

“Soojung… stay back and sit there… I’m okay don’t worry its just my arm… arrrrghhHHH!!”

 

“STUPID! ITS NOT JUST AN ARM! THAT’S YOUR ARM!”

 

“Just stay calm Soo-soojung… aww ! All of you will pay later! Awww!!!”

 

“Detective Jung please sit here, don’t worry Doctor Huang will take care of her. Please sit here outside…”

 

Grrrr….. I glared at Kang Hodong who appeared inside the room telling me to sit outside. The HELL!!! Where can I get a gun?! What if they kill Amber here in just one stab of a surgical knife!? “Don’t tell me what to do! One of your men did this to her! If Amber’s arm don’t survive this, I will make sure one of your arm will be like hers too… remember that.” I gritted my teeth in anger and went to the chair by the doctor’s table sitting there and cradling the crying Yerimie. “Baby, don’t cry… Amber will be okay… shhh…”

 

“Mommy! Amber!!!”

 

“Shhh…. Yerimie…”

 

A scissor…

 

My hand discreetly swiped on top of the table and took the scissor lying there carelessly, hiding it on my sides. I can use this in case…

 

I can’t leave this room without making sure Amber is safe but I have to take Yerimie out too so she won’t hear the commotion in here. They managed to hook up an IV in Amber’s left arm and saw the doctor preparing to take out the bullet from inside her arm. The curtains around the bed is already pulled down covering whatever they are doing to her. The trails of blood on the floor is what scares me more… I closed my eyes and took a deep breath while uttering a prayer inside my mind.

 

Heavens…. please take care of Amber… Don’t let anything bad happen to her. Please… I’m begging you.

 

My hands are trembling in fear and nervousness while holding the crying Yerimie in my arms. I can’t take this anymore… I opened my eyes and saw Kang Hodong and few of his men surrounding me with their heads bowed. What the hell do they want!?

 

“Detective Jung, please follow us and we will take you to your room. Just wait there while they are operating on her…” I wielded the scissor in front of him swiping it in a stabbing motion. “Don’t get near!”

 

“Detective Jung be careful with that!”

 

“Where is your Master?!” I don’t care if he is Amber’s real Grandfather. I want answers.

 

“He’s coming now… please take that down… its dangerous!” Seriously!? A gangster afraid of a wielding scissor?!

 

I stood up and went out of the clinic in a hurried manner just to see the old man coming. He stopped in front of me with a worried look on his face “Detective Jung, this is not--” I pointed the scissor at him alerting his men behind him.

 

“You told us no one will be hurt!!!” I shouted at him, tears streaming down on my face. If he really is Amber’s Grandfather why did he let this happen?! “This is the plan, right?! Provoke her so she will lose her and attack you! So your guys will have a reason to kill her! If that so, why didn’t you just ordered them to kill us both this morning while we were jogging!?”

 

“AMBER!!!” I hugged Yerimie so tight trying to console her. She has been crying and calling Amber’s name repeatedly and I don’t know what to do anymore.

 

“I really am sorry about what happened… there is no plan like that... I assure you, Detective Liu will be safe. Doctor Huang is my personal Doctor and he will make sure to take out that bullet from her arm. This clinic is complete like a hospital and--”

 

“What if she loses blood?! Where are you going to find blood?! Don’t tell me you also have a blood bank here!” I will really lose my if he says Yes.

 

“I don’t have a blood bank here but the clinic has a ready supply of blood in their storage in all types.” I don’t know if I will be relieved with what he said or will be angry. “Please, rest in your room and I promise you she will be fine. I wouldn’t let anything bad happen to her… she’s the only family I have now.” is that worry on his eyes?

 

Soojung… don’t be fooled by it… you haven’t seen any proof of his being related to Amber. Be on guard and smart…

 

But on this kind of situations… should I believe him if he says he wouldn’t let anything bad happen to Amber? His guard freaking shot her! And that intended to shoot her in the head if I didn’t managed to kick him!

 

For Yerimie… just follow what he said…

 

“Take us to our room…” I ordered Kang Hodong and received a bow from him and his guards leading me away while I’m still holding the scissor on alert. I gave the old man a last look and sighed. “We will have a talk, Mister Liu. After I pacify your Great Granddaughter who witnessed her Aunt being shot in broad daylight.” the last few words I blurted out in sarcasm. Yerimie… stop crying baby…

 

He may be big and powerful but I don’t care. If he really is Amber’s own blood then he better make sure he deliver Amber inside our room alive and well.

 

Yerimie has her face buried on my shoulders still sobbing. She was frightened with the sound of the gun and seeing all those blood coming from the wound. Oh God please… let Amber be safe.

 

 

 

 

 

They brought us upstairs and into a spacious room with a wide balcony overlooking the sea. I dropped Yerimie gently on the bed fixing her hair and took the towel displayed there like an Elephant, wiping her cheeks wet with innocent tears.  

 

Kang Hodong was by the door standing, I don’t even know why he is still here. “You promised us earlier, Mister Kang. You said we won’t be hurt but one of your guards didn’t get the memo. If I were you, I’ll be asking that guard why he is trying to shoot Amber on her head.”

 

“We have him in the dungeon and I’ll make sure to squeeze that information from him, Detective Jung. Please take a rest first and don’t worry, Doctor Huang is a trained Surgeon and specialist. He will make sure Detective Liu is well.”

 

“Better make sure they bring her here after or else, I will really wreak havoc on this island.” I said coldly to him while glaring. He and his men suddenly knelt with their heads on the floor bowing. What the hell!? “YAH!! STOP THAT!” I hissed at them looking scandalous. The heck! What am I?! A gang leader!?

 

A gang leader like Kang Hodong bowing to a Detective like me.

 

“I apologize for what happened Detective Jung. I gave my word to you and Detective Liu that no harm will be done but I failed…”

 

“Just leave our room… please.” … my head is aching from all these bulls happening! “And I’m not joking when I said I will wreak havoc…” I said when they were standing up. “I really will.” I saw his throat moved, taking a gulp of his own saliva when I eyed him murderously.

 

“I really am sorry, Detective Jung. Please take a rest and wait here… I will ask one of the staff to bring food and other refreshments for you and the little girl… Detective Liu will be brought here later. If you will excuse me…” he gave me one last bow before going it of our room closing the door.

 

I laid down beside Yerimie and pulled her closer to me for a hug, comforting the little girl. She already stopped sobbing and is now releasing sniffles. My hand running on her head it lovingly to calm her young heart. Its a shock for her seeing and hearing everything… it will be hard to erase in her memory considering she is a very bright girl with advance learnings.

 

“Mommy… Amber… she fell down…the ahjussi shoot her with a gun…”

 

“Shhh… Amber is okay… forget about it baby, can you do that for Mommy?”

 

She nodded her head slowly and wrapped her little arms around my body for a snuggle. I can still hear some sniffles coming from her and it breaks my heart to see her like this. They better make sure Amber is okay or else…

 

I can’t even appreciate the beauty of this room…

 

My heart is still beating so hard until now… Soojung… take deep breaths… Amber will be okay… she will be okay… its just a bullet. You two are already used to bullets tearing your flesh… even you had experienced being shot in your arm before… she will be okay…

 

She took it hard… what the old man said. Is he saying the truth about Amber’s Father? If only Amber listened to me that day in the meeting room when I let her read the reports from NIS and the Interpol… she’s too stubborn! She only laughed at it while reading the documents to me especially the part when the name of Liu Xiao Guang’s children were mentioned. She told me Liu Xiao Guang is just a random person in Taiwan who has the same family name with her but they are impossibly not connected. Even though I already told her about the soap factory she only chuckled and used her charms again on me.

 

…you have to be healthy to carry that new generation of Liu…

 

Oh God! That creeps me out! It means they are keeping track on us… they know about our everyday life… but how?!

 

That old man… does he really have the same eyes as Amber’s deceased Father? Yerimie said it… Stephen Liu and Liu Xiao Guang has the same eyes… how come her eyes are that clear!? Am I that old already??

 

We have to get out of this place… but how? There is nothing but water all around. If we swim in the ocean its still the same the sharks will definitely make us their meal.

 

New generation of Liu…

 

This is really bugging me… he is keeping tab about our everyday lives and the procedure we went through… they also know Amber is doing a surveillance with them..

 

How about Chief Park? Is that why that is convincing Amber to join forces with him? Because he knew Amber is somehow related to the old man Liu?

 

Does it mean he wants Amber to acknowledge him as her Grandfather?

 

Ahhhhhhh!!!! I’m going crazy in all this things! I have to clear my mind and focus on Yerimie…

 

I heard some light snores coming from Yerimie indicating she i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter