Thirteenth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our daily update (^_^)

I would like to thank all our subscribers for patiently waiting for updates and to those who upvoted the story thank you so much (^_^)

Hoping all of you had a good day! If not, just drop a message and i'm all ears. 

Peace yow!

 

~~~~~~~~

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“Detective Liu, Chief Park wants to see you…” I stood up from my seat behind my table putting down the folder I was reading. Soojung and I shared a look then she gave me a small nod indicating I tell it to her later.

 

I went straight to our Chief’s office, not forgetting to knock first in the open door. “Come in…” he motioned for me to enter and let out a smile. “Close the door Liu, this is a sensitive matter I have to discuss with you.” I sat on the couch where he receives his guests and he did too at the single-seater.

 

Chief Park’s face emits a serious expression but judging on how long I have been working here, okay around 3 months now, and the guys filling me in with details about him especially my Soojung, I can say that he is faking it.

 

He cleared his throat and I readied myself on what he is going to discuss that it has to be a closed door one. But seriously, I think I know what it is…

 

“Liu… I just got a call from the Seoul Metropolitan Police Department a while ago. The Director wants us to stop the investigation about the White Phoenix and turn over all the evidences and statements you guys gathered.” WHAT!?

 

No way… we worked hard for it!

 

I clenched my fist on my lap and took a deep breath, controlling myself not to burst. Amber… easy… deep breath… think happy thoughts. Remember what Soojung told you… temper… temper…

 

“Sir… May I know please what is the reason why this case is going to be turned over to them? We can make it a joint investigation because clearly, they have been doing some investigations too in the places we go.”

 

“I’m sorry but I cannot tell you the reason, its confidential.” Confidential my ! He fixed his tie pulling it a little, an indication of him and his nervousness.

 

Soojung already told me about this mannerism of Chief Park. She said the Chief arrived here a year before me and even though he is kind, has a good relationship with his subordinates, there is something about him that is weird. Besides being a lap dog of the Director, he also likes meeting important people outside the Station bringing with him his assistant. Important people like the owners of the businesses around Myeongdong.

 

“When he pulls on his tie and fixes it, it means he’s nervous.”

 

“Noona, if his feet taps on the floor repeatedly it means he is being impatient.”

 

And both of that mannerism unfolding in front of me happening now.      

 

“Sir, with all due respect but I cannot tell my team mates about it without a proper explanation. Minho and Kyungsoo braved the Clubs and went undercover just to get that evidences… now that we have a solid proof on what hotel they are hiding their shady business, you will tell us that we won’t handle it anymore?”

 

How can you call yourself a Leader of your pack if you can’t protect your pack?! I’m really disappointed with him… I thought he’s a good leader, a good Chief. I met him in Busan before when he made a visit to our Station, he and my former Chief at Busan are brothers at the Academy.

 

He stood up from his seat and went to his table holding his Tobacco, I followed his moves and saw him taking his cigar cutter on top of the table clicking it. “You know Liu, to be able to live quietly in this city… you have to be obedient and quiet. You have to follow rules… don’t be like Detective Jung. Be… you. Tell you what…” he went back to his seat and showed me how he cuts his tobacco then smiled “I will put a good word for you to the Director and you know… a possibility of promoting you to a higher rank? If you always follow my command… who knows? One day, you’ll be a rank higher than Jung… and pay too. Don’t you like that?”

 

 

What the hell is he saying!? Is he bribing me!?

 

“I heard a gossip spreading inside the Station that Detective Jung has been giving you a hard time in your Department. She’s a great Detective and has solved a lot of cases, caught criminals because of her devil may care attitude and braveness I heard she got from her deceased Father Lt. Jung… but she already shooed away a number of officers that are good in their craft too because of her being a daredevil that they can’t take it anymore and leave. Tell me, have you encountered a situation that she almost get you killed?” I’m choking inside! How can this old man talk about Soojung like she’s the best and at the same time worst officer ever in this Station!

 

My Soojung is not just a great Detective! She’s exceptional! And yes, I do see that Devil-may-care attitude of Soojung when she’s chasing criminals and doing investigations but in real life, when we are in the comforts of our room she’s like a kid who likes to snuggle and just sleep. She’s the sweetest, she’s caring, she’s warm, she’s sensitive too at times, and she’s Soojung.

 

She’s one of a kind.

 

Of course I can’t make that narration to our Chief or Soojung and I are busted. No one still knows about our 2 month old relationship, only the people closes to us knows about it… I think Eric already had an idea but I don’t know…

 

“A Police Officer’s life is always in danger, especially us Detectives. Its nothing new, Sir.”

 

“If Jung brings trouble to you, just report it to me personally Liu… I can talk to the Director and have Jung transferred. You know… help me and I’ll help you.” he lit the end of the tobacco he cut and took a long hit before blowing that disgusting smell of tobacco. I hate smoking. I so hate smoking now. Bad for health. I already quit smoking years ago since Yeri was born and now what I only do is Vaping but always away from the eyes of the kids.

 

So he is planning to make everyone turn away from Soojung… why? Why does he want to take Soojung out of this Station?

 

“Sir, I‘m sorry to say but I am not that kind of person. They can continue their separate investigation and we will continue ours. But we won’t give them all our hardwork because it cause us a lot of stress and time just obtaining everything.” I stood up from my seat and bowed to him “And for the record, Detective Jung is a good person and an exceptional Law Enforcer. You of all people knows that Sir based on what you said a while ago that she’s great. There’s no need to transfer her because she’s perfectly fine in our Station… she’s our pride. I will be going now Sir. Good day.” I went straight to the door and was in the act of turning the knob when the Chief called me again.

 

“Liu… listen to what I am going to say. I told you and your team before, be careful about investigating about White Phoenix and only do the investigation about how the Drugs are being sold to Clubs. Why are you and your team questioning certain individuals that doesn’t have any connections with the group?”

 

I snickered and plastered a smile on my face that doesn’t even reach my eyes before turning around to face my stupid Chief. I feel annoyed! I need to Vape so badly! Breathe Amber… breathe… control your temper… “Sir, those individuals we invited for questioning are people that has connections in the group based on the information we gathered. Besides, they are just invited so we can ask them for statements. They are not even detained and was not force to go to the Station, if they don’t have any involvement then fine. If they are not hiding anything then the more they should present their selves to clear their names… right Sir?”

 

This dip! I caught him off guard… hahaha… can I please give him one Pak pak pak! I mean… punches… Like how Sooyeon unnie did to me 2 weeks ago when Soojung and I came home a little late with the promise Soju because we had our eavesdropping session on Shorty and Brownie? That was 3 straight hooks in my gut when she opened the door of their unit and saw me smilingwidely at her plus one mighty ear pulling dragging me and Soojung inside the apartment. Scolding us that someone sent her a message saying the two of us are making out inside the car under Banpo Bridge. Those two Grannies will pay!
 

The Chief looked at me sternly then waved his hand dismissing me. Great, because I can’t stand him anymore and his prickly face. I bowed at him again and went out of the office closing the door behind me and went straight to my seat not even answering the questions of the guys. head!

 

I need to release this anger inside me or I’ll burst later. This is my problem… there are times that my temper gets into me that I burst. The only way I release this bad energy inside me is through working out in the Gym and boxing.

 

Or…

 

Soojung’s feet suddenly s its way in my legs up to my lap without anyone knowing. Perks of having tables just across your secret girlfriend whose face right now is a sight of a very beautiful and serious Detective studying photos of her case that is doing well while almost lying in her swivel chair that is set so low. I took one of her feet and started it, taking a deep breath trying to calm myself. The coldness of her feet didn’t go unnoticed, I placed it in between my thighs to warm it up a little drawing a small smirk on her lips.

 

“What did he discussed?” she asked me in a low voice still looking at her work but threw a lollipop on my table. I sighed audibly and took it to unwrap then shove it to my mouth, the bursting flavor of strawberry sweetness spreading in my tongue. Its like a pick me up when I feel bad, the sugar helps in making me feel a little calm but the most biggest pick me up is having this girl across me.

 

“He wants me to turn over all our gathered evidences about the White Phoenix case to the Seoul Metropolitan Station. He said the Director ordered it… I said No.”

 

“Tsk tsk tsk… S-C-U-M B-A-G alert. Let me guess… he told you that the reason is confidential?”

 

“Uhuh… I told him we can do a joint investigation with the Seoul Department but he said the Director wanted it to be transferred to them. That’s unfair!” I can’t help it anymore and burst in anger hitting the table hard with my fist that a couple of folders dropped on the floor in a thud, getting Jinri and Peniel’s attention. Luckily, its just us 4 in our office now and no one is passing by outside the hallway.

 

“Liu…” she finally looked up from what she’s studying and placed it down on her table to focus on me. Her voice has a hint of concern and authority especially by how she stares at me now, her eyes asking me to calm down.

 

“Its not that easy Jung! Getting those evidences are not easy! Now what he wants is we give it to them that easily?! Serve it to them in a silver platter!? We didn’t spent countless hours of surveillance and gazillions of braincells just to give it to them!” in the corner of my eye, I saw Peniel walking to the door closing it. He went to my side and patted my back giving me support before sitting back on his chair dragging it beside my table.

 

“I have a feeling one of those people you invited here in the S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter