Twenty eighth

Hands Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's an early update for today ;)

Thank you to all our subscribers and to those readers who upvoted the story! I appreciate the love chingus and I hope you are all learning something from the story. About Master Yoona, don't worry she'll be back for new lessons XD

I hope you all have a great day ahead! And if you are reading this after a long day at work, sitting in a bus or train with your headphones on I hope atleast I can make your hard day ease up a little. :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

“Tell me I’m doing a good decision Soojung…”

 

 

Sighing, I reach for Sooyeon unnie’s hands squeezing it tight, channeling my support in her decision. The two of us standing in front of Victoria unnie’s restaurant to meet the Father of her child.

 

 

Exactly three days ago after that incident at Yoona unnie’s shop, Sooyeon unnie talked to me that morning over breakfast and told me she and Yuri had decided to allow Dani to meet Hyunjoong. She asked me about my part and like what I told her before, its okay with me… but one moment Hyunjoong makes a dash and takes Dani away from us then he will really know the wrath of the Jungs.

 

 

“You are doing the right decision unnie… even before… I had a feeling a situation like this will come. Its just that I didn’t know it will be sooner… my illusion was him waiting for his death at 70 asking for his daughter.” I shrugged my shoulders and smiled at unnie to calm her nerves. She’s been nervous about this meeting since yesterday…

 

 

“Believe me, I thought I’ll never see him again and maybe a lawyer from their family will come to tell Dani she’s a lost heiress.”

 

 

“Well our Dani is a heiress… the only one… that’s why I’m nervous about this meeting too. But don’t worry unnie… Amber is just inside Victoria unnie’s guest room with the kids playing Nintendo Wii.” I chuckled remembering what my Amber told me an hour ago over the phone. She seemed calm even though the 3 kids are yelling and giggling at the background over the game they were playing. I can hear Yixing wailing because of something I can’t understand because he was talking in Chinese. She said “If ever we decide to have kids… one is enough Soojung. I beg you PLEASE!” I laughed so loudly this morning earning a pinch on my from unnie because she said I scared her.

 

 

Hmmm…. we’ll never know Amber… IF we do undergo the IVF process for you to get pregnant-- I mean ME to get pregnant because you said it will make you look like a bloated Llama, why would I settle for one when we can have three in an instant if the embryos planted gets through the months? Wouldn’t it be a joy to have three babies at the same time? Hehehe… someone will surely go crazy if that happens. But now… its good to imagine.

 

 

“Thank you for coming with me Soojung-ah… and to Amber too. I know both of you had a lot of work to do at the Station but the two of you chose to be here. How can unnie ever repay you?” looking at unnie’s nervous face, I know she is saying the truth. The sincerity of her words are enough for me as her form of gratitude.

 

 

“An order of Hot Pot will be great later, plus Patbingsu don’t forget.” Unnie gave me a chuckle, releasing her hands on my hold then reached for my face cupping both cheeks. The same thing she always do to me eversince I was a kid until now that we are already adults.

 

 

She smiled at me, unnie’s smile was bittersweet because I know she is thinking about our deceased love ones. “If Dad and Mom is still alive and will see you now, see how much of a strong and beautiful person you grew up to be… I know they will be so proud of you Inspector Jung Soojung.”

 

 

“Really unnie?”

 

 

“Yes… just like how proud I am of you.” you know that feeling when you hear the people around you, friends and acquaintances will say ‘We are proud of you’ it makes you smile knowing in the eyes of those people you did well and appreciates what you did. But when those words came from the people you love and loves you back, your family… it feels like being shipped on a rocket going to the Moon and back to Earth. The feeling is over the top; the happiness is overflowing.

 

 

That is the same feeling I have whenever Amber will tell me she’s proud of me or I did very well. And now, its the same feeling I have knowing that my own sister is proud of me. All the differences already set aside because its just a glitch that happens in all families, not all but it happens.

 

 

“Thank you Unnie…”

 

 

“No, thank you. I should be the one to thank you Soojung-ah…”

 

 

“Here we go again~…” I rolled my eyes playfully at her, both of us bursting into a giggle.

 

 

We took a deep breath and held hands together, readying ourselves to a battle that we know we will win.

 

 

“Ready, Jung Sooyeon?”

 

 

“I am when you are, Jung Soojung.”

 

 

“Chin up, don’t be a , and listen to him.”

 

 

“I will… and for the last time Soojung! Don’t call me a !”

 

 

“But you are~~…” I whispered in a low voice that she will not hear making me laugh inside. We entered the restaurant and was welcomed by Vic unnie with a smile. She knows what will occur today that’s why she reserved a secluded table for us.

 

 

“He’s here…” Vic unnie turned her head to the direction of the table at the farthest part of the restaurant. Hyunjoong was already there having tea together with his assistant patiently waiting for us.

 

 

“What time did he arrived Unnie?”

 

 

“Around an hour ago Soojung-ah… they had lunch when they arrived. Go, I’ll bring some additional refreshments and tell my staff not to bother your group while cleaning here.” she turned to Sooyeon unnie and squeezed unnie’s arm lightly “You can do it Sooyeon… just talk to him and lay down your demands. This is for Dani…”

 

 

“Thanks Vic, I owe you a lot.”

 

 

Vic unnie said goodbye and went inside the kitchen leaving me and Sooyeon unnie looking at Hyunjoong’s direction. He looks nervous too and kept on wiping his face with his handkerchief. I nodded at Sooyeon unnie and she lead the way going to the table, her ex-boyfriend waiting for her patiently.

 

 

Hyunjoong is thin now, an example of a man who is desperately clinging on his dear life just to spend a few precious moments with the daughter he didn’t had the chance to see grow up.

 

 

He is still good looking but you can see how much the sickness took a toll on him. He is rich and inherited the vast fortune his parents made but it wasn’t enough to make him live for a long time. Maybe spending time with his daughter will make him strong and add a few more months or if lucky, years on his life.

 

 

His assistant saw us and informed him, standing up from his seat he gave a bow to unnie and smiled nervously.

 

 

“Sooyeon… good a-afternoon..”

 

 

“Hyunjoong.”

 

 

He turned to me and I gave him a small smile bowing too. “Detective Jung, please have a seat…”

 

 

“Thank you…”

 

 

 

 

Now that all of us are facing each other in this table, Sooyeon unnie cleared to break the silence and start the conversation. I am just a spectator here and a mediator, its still Sooyeon unnie’s call.

 

 

“Hyunjoong… I came here to tell you about my decision.”

 

 

If their relationship didn’t fail, Sooyeon unnie and him would have been married by now and my Dani is living comfortably with a complete family.

 

 

But of course, past is past. There’s nothing we can do to bring back the lost years and chances. If only he showed interest to his daughter back then, we could have made a way for them to have a connection.

 

 

He sat there waiting for Sooyeon unnie to speak, his pale lips in a purse. He and unnie are sitting across each other while I settled beside my sister who’s hands are fidgeting on her lap under the table. I reached for her hand to hold it tight, giving her the courage to speak.

 

 

“Whatever your decision is, Sooyeon… I will respect it.”

 

 

“Okay…” She sighed and looked directly at Hyunjoong before opening to speak. “Before anything else, I want to know what you want. I want to know your plans for Dani because I have this nagging feeling inside me that makes me crazy Hyunjoong. If you plan to take my daughter away from me then we got nothing to settle here.”

 

 

His assistant came over and placed a few documents in front of us. Puzzled, my eyes landed on the words written on it and went wide while looking at him and unnie. Wow…

 

 

“These are original documents I had my assistant prepared to be given to you today Sooyeon. I opened a Trust Fund account for Dani which she can have once she reach the age of 18, an Education fund to pay for her studies which I know you will think of not accepting but please Sooyeon… accept it. Its the least I can give to my daughter after I disappear any time in this world… I want to die knowing that my daughter will never have a difficulty in choosing what s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter