Chapter 33

Will You?

 

[2017 - Present day]

Zico had finally found the right ring. He had been to almost all of the jewelry shop of London. The ring was simple silver much like the one he had gave Yukwon about a year earlier when he had promised him to commit completely to their relationship. Only this time it's was engraved with their names on its inside. Zico couldn't wait to do it.

After all of his thinking the only thing that still bothered him was his parents. He had told his brother and Yukwon that it wasn't a big deal but Zico was hurt and felt a little rejected by them. While he was thinking, his phone rang. To his surprise it was his mother calling.

"If you're calling to stop me from asking Yukwon to marry me, don't bother I already bought the ring"

"Hello to you too Jihonie. And I'm not. I want to talk, only you and me when you come back. Could you do this for me please?"

"It depends on what you want to talk about"

"Talk about the fact that my son is in love and that I want to try to understand and be happy for him too!"

"I will meet you. I will text you when I'm back ok? And mom thanks for trying. Bye"

"Bye" That was progress thought Zico.

*****

Zico had been back for a couple of days. He was in bed with his boyfriend who had came back the night before from Japan. They had an heated reunion. Both under the s, they were looking at each other fondly.

"I can come with you if you like. The last time went rather badly and I felt sad for not being here"

"No. Babe it's something I have to do alone. But thanks for wanting to being there" said Zico kissing him.

"Well as much as I love being here with you, if you want to be on time you have to go" Yukwon said showing him the time.

"Oh god! You're right. I'll call you when I'm done" and with that Zico rose from the bed and went to the bathroom. He left 20 minutes later after kissing Yukwon goodbye.

When he arrived his mother was already here. Before she could move Zico went to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I wouldn't sure if you'd come"

"Mom, I know we are not speaking but I still love you. I just wish you could understand..."

"I'm trying. It's not difficult to see why you love him. I like him to you know? And you're friends and band mates for a while now. I know him and he is a great kid. But it's hard for me to understand the fact that you love a man. You can understand that given your education it's a little troubling...."

"Don't I know it! At first I was terrified of my feelings. I didn't understand them so it made me do things that I regret but I love him and that all that matters. I still believe in god and my faith his intact. You don't choose who you fall in love with..."

"I'm glad to hear you say that. And I want you to know that I still love you no matter what alright? I love you. You're my son and if you love another man so be it. I just have to get used to it" when she told him that Zico started crying. And soon they were both crying and hugging each other.

"So you want to pop the question?"

"Yes!"

"Show it to me"

"What?"

"The ring! I know you have it on you. You probably have it on you all the time" said his mother smiling. Zico took at the ring from his pocket and handed it to his mother.


Sorry for the delay guys. I have a lot on my plate this week. Anyway we're back at the beginning. This chapter is right after the prologue chronologically speaking. It's after Zico concerts in London in 2017. And he is going to propose!!!

Sadly that mean that this story his coming to an end. Two more chapters and a epilogue and that's it.  Everything have to come to an end.

As always feel free to leave a comment.