Chapter 18

Will You?

 

Zico was intrigued. During the rehearsal Yukwon was cold and distant and didn't looked at him. Whereas during the actual show it's was like they were best friends again. Yukwon had smiled at him and share looks of complicity. Had dance alongside him in the encore stage and joke alongside him.

It was like the good old days and Zico was thrilled. Unfortunately it did not last long. The moment Block B step out of stage Yukwon went straight to the resting area without looking back. It was like a hard blow to Zico heart. Everything came back, all their history and why they were not talking anymore. The guilt came rushing back and Zico was not able to face Yukwon so he went down a other corridor.

Zico then reach for his phone and called someone.

"Hyung?" As soon as Zico hears the voice a smile came to his face.

"How was the show? Did something happened? I didn't expect your call so soon"

"Everything is fine don't worry Mino-yah. I just wanted to hear your voice and said that I missed you"

"I've missed you to. When are you coming back?"

"A couple of days"

"Well, when you come back we should meet and do something all right?"

"I'd like that very much!" Said Zico smiling.

"Sorry hyung but I have to go. Winner stuff. You know what I mean"

"Yeah yeah. Say hi to Seungyoon for me. Bye"

*******

The rest of the trip went smoothly. Yukwon didn't talk to him but Zico wasn't surprised anymore. He would feel a little hurt when members would go somewhere and Yukwon would always find an excuse if he decided to come with them. Sometime Kyung would take Yukwon away and comeback late in the evening and wouldn't tell Zico what they had done.

Two days after they came back to Korea Zico and Mino met. They ate and  hang out for hours and hours. Talking about Kcon, what Zico had done in LA, what Winner was doing and music in general. Occasionally they would make out and sometime give each other s but they never went all the way. Neither of them talk about it. They were happy with what they were doing.

As time passed it became more and more hard to see each other. Mino was busy doing Winner stuff and related things. Whereas Zico was actively working on his solo album who he wanted to put out before the end of the year. But when they could find time with one and other they would laughed and enjoy their evening. Until one night when Mino came to his studio unannounced and with a serious expression on his face.

Zico stopped what he was doing right away. He rose from his chair and took Mino by his shoulder to guide him to seat on his sofa.

"What's wrong? Did something happened? Did I forget that we were meeting today?"

"No. We didn't have plans for today don't worry. It just that I needed to see you and get things out of my chest" said Mino very seriously.

"Well, tell me. I'm here for you. Whatever you need."

"Thanks hyung" Zico waited for Mino to start explaining what was going on while massaging his lower back to try to relax him a bit.

"You know I like you very much right? I was so happy that we had the chance to do SMTM together. We had some great time and experience new things. When things started to change between us I was happy with it you know? It felt natural. And even after the show we were happy" Zico was getting more and more confused.

"But after a while we weren't able to see each other that much because of our busy schedule. But we would talk almost every day. But after a while you started to talk less and less and sometime not at all. Plus when we would finally saw each other you would talk about the same thing over and over. And that when I realized that something was wrong. That we were not on the same page anymore" and with that Mino stopped talking and look at Zico with a sad expression.

"What are you talking about? Yes, it's true that I haven't been free lately but you seems to think that we are no longer together. I like you too you know that right?"

"Oh I know but you don't like me like that anymore"

"What? I..."

"It's ok. I knew deep down it wasn't going to last but I'm glad we had what we had" said Mino with a shy smile.

"Wait. Let me get this straight. You're breaking up with me right now? But why?"

"Because you love someone else"

"What?!!!" Said a very surprised Zico.

"The thing you're always talking about it's a person. And you may not know it yourself but you like this person very much"

"Who are you talking about?"

"Yukwon" Zico eyes grew bigger and bigger. He couldn't believe what Mino had said. "I think that you're in love with him. And I think it's been going on for a while. Don't worry I'm not mad. In fact it didn't surprise me at all. You and hyung always had a special relationship. So yeah I'm breaking up with you. But don't worry I still love you. We're friends no matter what" Mino said smiling.

Zico was at a lost of words. He knew that Yukwon was still special to him but he thought that after all this time his feelings had vanished. He felt a little guilty toward Mino for not telling him his history with Yukwon. That why he started talking.


You're happy aren't you? But I bet you weren't expecting Mino to be the one who broke up. And just so you know it's not because they broke up that Zikwon is going to be all over each other again. Zico has a lot of explaining to do starting with Mino.

As always feel free to leave a comment.