Chapter 32

Will You?

 

"You're sure about this?" said a worried Yukwon.

"I am! It's about time I tell them. They are going to be happy knowing that their boy his in a great relationship. And you told your parents and everything went fine remember?"

"But your parents are nothing like mine. No offense"

"None taken. You're absolutely right but I need to tell them. It not for them, I don't need their approval. It's for me. I need to do this and finally be proud of who I really am!" Yukwon kissed him after hearing this.

"Well I'm proud of you. If you want I can come with you"

"No. I need to do this by myself. And don't worry Taewoon will be there for moral support so I'm not entirely alone"

"I'm glad to hear it"

******

"Ready little brother?" Asked Taewoon.

"As ready as I will ever be" and with that Zico rang the door bell.

Their mother answer the door and smiled seeing both of them. Zico hadn't told his parents that he was coming with Taewoon.

They catches up a little before eating. His dad told him he was really proud of all the trophies he had won this year and his growing popularity. His mother corrected her husband saying that they were proud of both of them. Zico might have laughed but he was to stress to mind.

After their lunch, they sat for the coffee. His brother made him understand that is was now or never.

"Mum and dad, I need to tell you something...."

"It's about your girlfriend?" His dad asked.

"What? Oh god. We broke up a long time ago. Like a month after our company confirmed it"

"Oh that a shame. She was really pretty" his mother said.

"In fact forget what I said. We were never together. It was all a lie because I was with somebody else but I didn't want my company knowing that"

"What are you talking about?" His father said confused.

"What I'm saying is that I'm in love and I've been for quite a while now. And I'm very happy, I'm even thinking of proposing" said Zico surprising both of his parents and Taewoon.

"Well that great! Who's the lucky girl?" His mother asked.

"That the part you're not going to like I'm afraid. It's not a girl. It's Yukwon..."

Zico was met with complete silence. His mother looked choked and had lost her colors. At first his father was the same but quickly he became more and more red. Zico knew that he was going to explode anytime now. Taewoon was beside him, his hand on Zico shoulder make him understand that he was here.

"Are you crazy? You're saying that you are with a man? And you love him? And to top it all off you want to propose? My son lost his mind. It's not how we raised you son! How can you do this to us? You lost your faith in god, that's it?"

"Oh my god dad stopped spitting nonsense! My faith is quite all right thank you. Plus I'm not here to get your blessing or whatever, I just wanted you to know that I'm happy. I don't even know why I bother, I knew it's was going to be like this" Zico rose from his chair and went to the door. "When you're ready to talk to me again like I'm not a freak, I'll be all hears. In the mean time don't bother calling me" and with that Zico went out the doors with Taewoon on his heels.

After a few minutes of silently walking Zico turned to his brother and thanked him for being here. Taewoon said that he was always going to be here for him no matter what. Plus he about the fact that Zico wanted to propose to Yukwon. They went for a coffee to talk about what happened and to distract Zico about all of this.


I told you there were going to be some drama. And don't know how Zico's dad is in real life so don't be made ok? It's just that in this story he is. Plus I wanted to explore a little more Zico coming out to his family. Don't worry it's not the end of it ;)

As always feel free to leave a comment.