♥ reviews from SHEER ESSENCE ♥

♡ don't blame me if I love you♡ [COMPLETED]

Title: ♡ don't blame me if I love you♡
Author: achungg_maniacs
URL: http://winglin.net/fanfic/achungg_maniacs/
Reviewer: ctanonymous @ Sheer Essence
[sheer-essence.blogspot.com]

Title: 5/5

It was catchy and cute. It really brings out the mood, feeling and romance in your story, and it also highlights the contradiction part in it. But don't forget to capitalize story titles! ;]

Poster/Background: 8/10

The colors and smiles really suit the playful romantic feeling in your story, but the color combination is striking--it clashes, and it's a little harsh on the readers' eyes. And, I don't understand how the little cartoon drawings on your background relate to your story.

Forewords: 7/10

It was kind of brief, too brief. You should give a bit more key info on the plot to get the reader informed and interested, or at least some driving questions to trigger the reader's curiosity. Also, you should NEVER start your forewords saying that you don't know how to write forewords and asking for comments... It leaves a bad impression on the reader. If you must, place it at the end of the forewords.

Plot: 12/15

Most of the plot was good, but in some places, I had no idea what was going on. Your plot is quite confusing, and part of the reason is because you include so many people in your story, making the reader have trouble focus on the main point in the story. You should use only the really important, necessary characters, and exclude any that may interfere with the flow and development of your story.

Creativity/Originality: 11/15

This storyline is typically overused and too predictable, but it also had its uniqueness. The overused part is the love triangle and the jealousy, but the unique part was how you wrote out the female character as the reader. It was a new and exciting experience for me.

Speed/Flow: 6/10

Way too fast. You transition between scenes too quickly, and everything passes by in a blur. There should be more elaboration on the scenes in each chapter, and focus on how the characters are feeling at that point, don't just rush quickly through the story. Ex. Tell more about the female character's broken heart when she talks to Junsu in chapter 14.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 7/10

Your vocabulary was moderate, and there were few spelling errors that did not interfere with the story plot at all, but there are a lot of grammar mistakes, and you tend to leave out words. 'It's' means 'it is,' whereas 'it's' shows possession over something, and you confused the two words in your story very often. And you don't stay in the same tense. Throughout the story, you switch off between present and past tense a lot, and you should stay in the same tense for the story to make sense, and for the reader to understand everything.

Characterization: 8/10

Your characterization was okay. I think that you characterize the people too briefly, and there should be more background on them. I'm not saying that you need a super long and detailed profile for them, but just include more about them in the story: their personality, family, looks... These things could be crucial in developing your story.

Writing Style: 8/10

Your writing style is not bad, but not perfect. I enjoy your simple writing, and it was extremely understandable, but I don't recommend that you use too many '~' signs in your writing, for it can be distracting, and I suggest you include a small key area in your story to translate the Korean terms. Some readers don't understand those words, and it'd be much easier for them to enjoy your story while knowing every part of it.

Overall Enjoyment: 3/5

Although I did like the romance and humor in it, the entire story was kind of confusing. It felt like too much was going on and everything happened in a blur.

Subtotal: 70/100

Bonus: 5/5

The poster and background were really cute, and I enjoyed reading how your story with me as the female character. :D It was quite interesting.

Total: 80/100