twenty-five

Youngest of Pieces: Five Becomes One (13)
Please log in to read the full chapter

While enjoying filming during the weekdays, the last two days she has really waited for the weekend to come. It’s Saturday. Ji Chang Wook has ended his filming for the movie so they had dinner after finishing his last scene. Jonghyun came on set during the day, a bit upset but he was social and talkative to the staff members (he talked to Chang Wook too), but whenever Hannah talked to him, he was upset.

Though it’s now is Saturday and Hannah has spent hours at the agency, the date that she and Jonghyun had decided on at the beginning of the week is still valid. Being upset hasn’t changed that.

She checks her phone countless of times during the day, mostly because she is worried Jonghyun will back out in the last minute. It’s pouring rain outside, which is heard whenever the music is paused or turned off. The ladies started to learn the choreography to a new Japanese song during the week, and Hannah is catching up on learning the choreography by practicing with the teacher on her own today. Tomorrow, all ladies will practice together. By learning a new choreography, Hannah is starting to feel excited to the fact that 5 Pieces’ are preparing their comeback.

“You’ve worked hard,” Hannah politely says in Japanese to the teacher, smiling widely.

The Japanese teacher kindly smiles back, patting Hannah on the arm. “You’ve worked hard too. I’ll see you tomorrow, alright?”

Hannah keeps smiling widely, nodding her head and nodding her head in a bow when leaving. Her practice has ended. She heads to the bathroom to get changed, washing her face to put on light makeup. Just BB cream, mascara and she draws her eyebrows a bit. Finishing with some natural lipstick. For clothes, she is wearing a dark short A-line skirt, a plain t-shirt and a black hoodie with letters on the sleeves. A couple hoodie as gifted by fans, though it isn’t different from a normal hoodie – the difference is that she told Jonghyun to wear the same today. If they are together, it becomes a couple hoodie.

Done in the bathroom, she checks her phone while heading upstairs. Jonghyun has spent most of the day at home, but he texted her earlier to say he is at the agency. She has texted him to say she is done, asking if he still is in the studio.

She heads to the studio without getting an answer on her phone, wondering if they are very busy. As she gets closer to the studio, the door is opened. The person she is looking for comes out, saying some final words to the people inside before closing the door. Jonghyun is wearing the same hoodie as Hannah. The sight makes her smile and her eyes disappears when the smile grows as Jonghyun notices her.

“Are you ready to leave?” she asks.

For a second she thought he was going to get happy and step up for a hug, but in the next second he controls his expressions and gives her a nod instead. Is he still upset or just acting upset? She isn’t certain. Jonghyun walks past her, saying the car is in the parking lot. She grimaces for being ignored but hurries to walk next to him. He isn’t carrying a bag like her, the pocket of his hoodie has his wallet and phone instead. Hannah puts her arm around his, smiling up at his face. She takes a chance of putting her hand in his pocket, without problem finding the car keys there.

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun asks, but he doesn’t remove her hand.

Hannah pulls out her hand, holding the car keys. “I’ll drive,” she answers. Jonghyun sighs and reaches for her hand, but Hannah pulls it away, reaching her tongue out at him. “I said that I’ll drive, okay?”

He gives up without a fight. It makes her grimace again, because Jonghyun would usually put his arms around her to get the keys back, saying he’ll be the one driving since it’s his car. It’s not that he doesn’t want her to drive his car, it’s more about being the man in a relationship, or at least that is what she thinks it is. Hannah keeps her arm linked with his as they head to the indoor parking lot below. She asks what he did in the studio, if he was recording something.

“We just talked,” he shortly answers. Hannah gives him a glance, wondering if that is all he is going to say. “We’re writing some lyrics together.”

“Aah. You manage to get anything done during this short time?” she wonders.

“Yeah,” Jonghyun nods.

“That’s good.”

He gives her a glance when hearing her tone, hearing on her voice that she is smiling. Her face shows it too. It’s hard to stay mad, Jonghyun thinks, glancing at her again. Being upset at Hannah is a big struggle for him. She is too adorable. Hannah does most of the talking for a change, asking where they should go and the rain for sure is pouring down, even asking if he wants her to quiet down as he isn’t saying much. But Jonghyun likes it. She is putting an effort to talk, to ease the mood though they both likes the silence. Just because he is angry with her. He likes the effort she has put through these past few days, texting him a bit more than usual and showing a bit more cuteness. Like now, when she is driving his car.

Instead of going to eat food, they decide to go to a café. Thanks to the rain, there isn’t a lot of people out and the café they go to is almost completely empty. Calming music is played in the background and Jonghyun keeps looking at Hannah when she tells him to go take a seat while she goes to order something to drink. She asks if he wants something to eat, a cheesecake or something.

“No?” she asks when he shakes his head.

He is covering himself in a black mask and the hood up, and with his bangs covering his forehead it is just a pair of eyes looking around. Hannah had hoped he wanted to eat something so she could get a bite, because she shouldn’t eat cakes and cookies. Instead she buys them ice tea. Though it’s raining, the air is still hot and humid, so cold drinks are the best.

Jonghyun is watching her come sit by the table with their cold drinks. His eyes aren’t on the drinks though. He can’t take his eyes away from her legs when she walks up to the table, or when she sits down. Hannah rarely wear short skirts, and she always tend to cover her legs when sitting down so to suddenly see her knees even when sitting at the other end of the small table, he wonders if every guy will be drooling at her. he glances around them. No one seems to give them much attention. Hannah isn’t even covering herself, but maybe because she has dark hair, her foreign features aren’t noticed unless you look at her face. His wife is petite, Jonghyun quickly thinks.

With a low sigh, Hannah crosses her arms over her chest and leans back, putting one leg over the other. Jonghyun glances away from her legs to meet her eyes, just to have his eyes stuck on hers.

“What?” he asks.

“Whaat?” Hannah repeats in a longer tone, raising her eyebrows. “Did you get a heatstroke? Why are you looking at my legs like that?”

Jonghyun smiles under the mask, being caught. “I’m not looking at your legs,” he lies. He picks up the ice tea to focus on something else, but his eyes drifts back to Hannah when she annoyingly picks up her phone.

It takes less than a minute before she puts down her phone, looking at Jonghyun again. She pouts because she is certain he was looking at her legs. She doesn’t have any outstanding bruises on her legs, so that’s not what he looked at. Shaking her head, she forgets that and instead comments that he looks hot being covered up the way he is. Jonghyun shakes his head. Hannah makes a small pout since he doesn’t say anything and picks up her ice tea to take a sip.

“You’re going to Tokyo next week, right?” she asks, leaning back again. Jonghyun nods. “Taeyeon texted me earlier, asking why I’m not on the set-list. Seems like she had wanted to congratulate me backstage like we did for Carolina on her birthday.”

On Thursday and Friday, SMTOWN are having concerts in Tokyo. Emelia and Julia are both going, while this time, Hannah is not. Since it isn’t on the weekend she will be busy filming for the movie. It’s something she and Jonghyun have talked about already, especially since Friday is July 28th – Hannah’s 25th birthday. She had wanted to go watch a movie, not do anything specific or really celebrate.

“But you’re going to Tokyo next week too, in the weekend?” Jonghyun remembers. He picks up his ice tea, pulling down the mask to drink.

Hannah nods, pouting. “We’re filming a music video next weekend. But I’ll go there on Saturday, the day when you come back to Seoul. I talked to Ji Young Oppa to ask if we can go on Friday if shooting ends early, so maybe I’ll come in the evening.”

“Mm,” Jonghyun nods.

He puts the mask back on just in time to hide his smile. If she is in Tokyo on Friday, they can still have a few hours together before he goes to the airport. Seeing his lack of response since she can’t see him smiling under the mask, Hannah sinks down a bit in her seat (imitating his way to sit) and she picks up her phone anew.

“Or I’ll come on Saturday, if you don’t want to see me,” she mutters. She can play upset too.

Since he isn’t talking, Hannah turns to her phone. She is looking around on Instagram, glancing up at Jonghyun from time to time. He isn’t touching his phone, he is just looking at her. Hannah looks at him for a longer time. He looks cute though all she can see is his eyes, his head is tilted and he has put his wallet on the table to sit more comfortably. She holds up her phone, trying not to smile when sneaking a picture of him.

“Is the ice tea yummy?” Hannah asks with a nod to the drink.

Jonghyun nods. That’s it? Hannah leans her head back with a sigh at the lack of words she has heard from him. She pouts and turns back to her phone, giving him a glare.

{Instagram, 5P_HANNAH: giving me the silent treatment…}

Though it’s only his eyes visible in the photo, fans seem to know who it is. someone asks who it is, but the rest of the comments says its Jonghyun, asking why he is giving Hannah the silent treatment, commenting that they are couple goals, that you can fight even in marriages, that Jonghyun’s eyes are in love and so on. She smiles when reading the comments, seeing it flood in as soon as she has uploaded the pictures. Jonghyun keeps watching her, seeing her pout turn into a smile and he has no idea why. It makes him jealous of her phone. Is she writing to someone? Is she reading something funny? He clears his throat, just to be given a tiny glare from her. but he doesn’t say anything.

Hannah glances up at him again. He is still looking at her, more like staring by now. As if asking if she chooses her phone over him.

“I took a reeeeally cute picture of you just now that our fans seem to find reeeeaaally cute,” Hannah teases.

She is smiling when seeing the confusion in his eyes before he picks up his phone, knowing one place she would share it on. Jonghyun bites his lip when seeing her update, looking at his wife whose smiling face make him smile too. he puts down his phone and tries to look serious, though he is still wearing the mask so she didn’t even see him smile.

“Who is giving you the silent treatment?” he asks. Hannah grimaces at him, mouthing ‘you’. Jonghyun puts down the mask and mouths ‘who’ to her and she annoyingly points at him.

He hides behind his mask again when smiling, finding her expression adorable. Hannah leans her arm over the table, moving her fingers lightly while pouting at him. “What can I do?” she helplessly asks. If he is going to keep staying mad at her, she might just as well walk around like a leach by his side until he doesn’t have a choice but to talk to her. By being a leach, he’ll either get frustrated at her or he will love it. Either way, both of those reactions are better than this silent treatment. She isn’t sure when to be a leach though, since she is working every day.

Turns out she doesn’t have to be a leach. Jonghyun puts his hand on hers, just by having her reach over the table has seemed to make things better. She can even see the smile on his face from his eyes when he plays with her fingers, though he keeps his eyes on her.

Their date isn’t much more. When deciding to get home, they drop by McDonald’s down the street to buy some food as they now are getting hungry and head home to eat. He is still not completely over the fact that Hannah accepted a kissing scene as easily as she did, but with Hannah continuing to act a bit cute and giving him much more attention than he is used to, he can’t help but to feel good at the same time.

 

It isn’t until noon the next morning that Hannah leaves the apartment. She and Jonghyun had a nice morning with cuddling in bed and enjoying breakfast on the balcony with the rain pouring outside. But at noon, Hannah is picked up and driven to the agency to begin dance practice for 5 Pieces’ new song. The joy in it, is that three other ladies are there as well. Julia is the only member who is absent, but that is because she has her final performance on Inkigayo today, coming after that.

“BABYYYY!” Maria squeals loudly when running up to Hannah for a hug. the hug is tight and bony and they both are laughing while patting each other’s backs.

It’s loud in the practice-room. The ladies are chatting as if they haven’t seen each other for weeks, as if there are tons of things they have experienced since last time they met yet what they really talk about is their excitement to promote again.

5 Pieces’ comeback. The ladies will be on stage again, singing and dancing with Puzzle cheering in front of them. Maria says she is longing for it, saying she had jokingly talked about joining SMTOWN in Tokyo in a few days because she can’t wait to see Puzzle again. Hannah says she misses it too, just to have Emelia say Hannah was promoting with the Musketeers just a few weeks ago – but that was with the Musketeers. Nothing is like performing with 5 Pieces. Being loud and squealing a lot as if they are heading up on stage in a few minutes, the ladies warms up for practice and talk in Japanese to the choreographer who is there to teach them the formations to the steps they have learned.

One fun part when practicing is that Maria and Carolina both gets surprised when finding their parts in the song, both exclaiming they don’t know what parts they have so when getting the centre position during practice, it is hilarious hearing Maria ask why she is in the centre.

The choreography in general has been easy to learn and though their positions change often, it goes with the flow so the ladies catches on to it quickly as well. Hannah is pleased with that, because she was worried she would have to spend breaks on set to learn the choreography in worry. Seems the ladies’ focus will be to learn the lyrics for this Japanese song until the promotional video they are filming on Saturday and Sunday (in a week from now).

With a lot of breaks, the topics goes from this to that in the practice-room. Bathroom breaks, water breaks, resting breaks, chatting breaks, Inkigayo break – they have a lot more breaks than time practicing. Which means that when Julia joins in the evening, she catches up within the hour and it’s not much more than to remember the choreography. After learning their positions and the choreography, they still go through it several of times to make sure it will stick. They film it as well, to have something to look at for reminder if needed.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

{Instagram, 5P_HANNAH: have a nice day}

The picture Hannah uploaded yesterday is in an article today. There was an article yesterday as well, talking about that fans are loving the amount of couple looks the ‘JjongHan’ couple is sharing lately. Yesterday when Hannah was heading to work, she and Jonghyun took a picture in the hall mirror of their apartment, wearing another matching outfit that she shared on Instagram. The article she now is looking at is a bit different from the one yesterday. Today’s article is talking more about couple goals than couple looks. They bring up pictures and videos of the married duo that apparently shows their love for one another. She finds it hilarious, reading it and watching the pictures and memes and videos in the article as well as the comments. ‘couple goals’, ‘I want a man who looks at me the way Jonghyun looks at Hannah’, ‘absolutely adorable, those two!’, ‘they are really alike in many ways, their style in clothes is similar as well ^^’, ‘such a perfect couple I love their outfits’, ‘they have been a couple for over 5 years yet only now do they REALLY show couple things, they have tried to be such a low-key couple all this time but I love that they are opening up. Julia said too that they are happy in their marriage!’

The van-door slides open and Hannah looks up with a smile. only good comments are spotted. She hasn’t read a single bad one, though there was one comment they had removed – she guess that is the bad comment.

Manager Lee is dressed in the best summer outfit. Cropped sweatpants, t-shirt and reflecting sunglasses. He still looks good with his hair styled and an expensive watch on his wrist. What doesn’t suit him is the umbrella he is carrying, blocking the sun outside by resting the handle on his shoulder.

“It’s good, right?”

It was her manager who pointed out there is an article about her. Hannah nods, saying she likes that there isn’t negativity spread over the article, as she thought it would be. Antis telling them to not show off and such.

The van is parked in the shadows near the street where the staff have been setting up to film a few scenes for the movie. They will film Hannah and Kyungho’s first encounter here. It was supposed to happen yesterday, but since it was pouring rain, they delayed it to today; the sun is blasting high and hot above the city, therefore the umbrella held above Hannah and why she sat in the van of all places. Most of the staff are in simple t-shirts or tank tops, caps or sunglasses to block the sun from their eyes. Hannah has been here for a while, an early bird, apparently (that’s what the director called her).

Kyungho arrives and shares his excitement to a drama offer he has been given. Just a tiny role but he is excited for it. He only gets to talk about it briefly before they start talking about today’s filming; practicing lines and action. The director is in the middle of it, explaining step by step how the whole scene is laid out and his vision for it, followed by practice. they film Kyungho being

Please log in to read the full chapter