a quick week

Youngest of Pieces: Five Becomes One (13)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A lot of fans have gathered at the park near the broadcasting station on Saturday. Over fifty, which is an alright amount of fans. Hannah is eager all morning to go see them, to just talk and share a meal. She has ordered food trucks that will deliver a good lunch to however how many fans will come, so she hope it will be good. After Music Bank yesterday. She went to see Jonghyun’s concert, his opening was last night. She was backstage throughout the whole concert but she was there and she saw the concert from and left as soon as it ended to go perform at a festival.

It’s only ten thirty when Hannah finally is allowed to go to the park. Manager Lee and seven bodyguards goes with her but Hannah is super excited. The weather is great but to spend the day outside seems like it will create sunburn if not careful as the sun seems to be ready for summer.

Hannah is wearing sneakers, jeans shorts and a grey short-sleeve top, her hair made in two long braids as Chae Hwan was bored when they were waiting for rehearsals this morning. She can’t help but to be excited because she has been watching what is going on online a lot, reading comments about her performances and though she read a lot of comments saying she seemed nervous and that she acted weird, the praise of the song and her voice goes beyond everything at the moment. Though she seemed nervous to them, they found it okay because she delivered the song. Some even commented that Hannah must be busy with other things or that she is her usual self when not being on stage without 5 Pieces or the Musketeers. Fans know that; Hannah is the most confident with 5 Pieces.

Or right now, because of Puzzle.

Brightly she starts jogging over the street when seeing the fans gathered on the grass in the park, a few trees blocking too much for her sight.

“Hannah!” Manager Lee groans and jogs after her.

She hurries to get inside the park and smiles at the fans. They have sat down waiting, and when seeing Hannah they start waving hands and balloons in the air, some banners as well.

“Have you been here for long?” Hannah asks in a loud voice to be heard.

A mixed of answers is heard and she keeps smiling brightly. There is a lot of fans. She can’t help but to look at the amount, and when getting a microphone, she starts talking to them to find out that those that weren’t at Music Bank yesterday all showed up at Music Core today without hearing about this until they stood outside the building. Hannah admits that she hasn’t really prepared anything, she just wanted to meet her fans and buy them lunch. They are okay with that, smiling at her and saying they are happy with this chance to just talk.

Their event goes well. Hannah gets to talk about preparing the comeback with the Musketeers, that she receives a lot of help on set for her movie, she answers questions about [Just Like Fire] and get to hear about what fans are up do lately and who else than Hannah they look forward to see on the music program tonight. In the middle of it all, the lunch arrives. Hannah sits down with them on the grass, continuing to talk about who her fans are and getting to know them a bit more. They are together for almost three hours, including having Hannah sing [Just Like Fire] to them on request. It is a long time but it passes by quickly. They take pictures in groups after trying to take a picture all together. A total of 72 people showed up. They sound disappointed when Hannah has to leave but say they are thankful she took her time to come out and meet them for this unplanned event as well as taking time to meet them when she is busy. Everyone is satisfied, no doubt, and Hannah is leaving with a huge smile. She feels like she should’ve stayed longer because they were having a good time, but she has final rehearsals to do as well as a few interviews before the broadcast.

Hannah shares on Instagram that she had a great time getting closer to fans outside MBC today and thanking everyone for the love to [Just Like Fire] as well.

Her weekend of promotions passes by quickly. When not being on stage at colleges or music programs, Hannah is sitting down for interviews or visiting a concert; Jonghyun’s concert on Saturday and EXO’s encore concert on Sunday. For Monday, she travels around Seoul for performances, enjoying it more and more for each time she is on the stage. The audience singing along for every single performance she has done of [Just Like Fire] is the most exciting she has done all year. On Tuesday before going to do more performances, she does an acoustic performance at the agency with the guitar to the song. They film it to upload as a special performance for fans who can’t get enough of the song.

What’s good is that Hannah has fallen in love with performing all over again, meaning she has fun singing the song a bit differently with just the guitar playing.

Tuesday at 19:00 is her last performance, and after that, Hannah goes to celebrate Kyungho’s birthday. He turned 13 yesterday, becoming a teenager. Hannah had asked a few weeks ago what he wants for his birthday and he answered as if they are the same age as she can also think of giving that kind of an answer if anyone asks her what she wants for her birthday; a meal. He rarely eats with his family because both his parents work a lot, so the woman doing the cooking in their house is the maid who does their cleaning. She gets what he means but while she isn’t a good cook, she still has invited him over for a late dinner.

By the time Hannah comes home, she turns out to be another guest in her own home. Minho and Kyungho are loud sitting on the floor in front of the TV, playing games. Julia is setting the table but doesn’t seem to get far because she keeps calling out at the loud gamers as if she could play better, her mother is finishing up the food that she and Julia has been making and then there is stylist Yong Hyun, who is relaxed sitting in the sofa just watching the TV and the phone in his hand. Julia smiles widely to Hannah.

“You are home,” she comments and Hannah lowly mumbles that she is home.

She goes to check on how it is going in the kitchen first, apologizing to Julia’s mother for not coming earlier to help. Julia gets up next to them to take out the glasses to the table, letting Hannah know without being asked that Jonghyun is in his workroom. Hannah nods, thanking them both for helping with the cooking before going to greet the birthday kid in the living-room. He is too focused on the game so all Kyungho says is that he won the previous round against Minho, and Minho is serious to get that win back.

Hannah walks over to the workroom to see what Jonghyun is doing while they have guests, just to catch him playing some music to 5 Pieces’ backup dancers Shiwon and Myung, the playful duo that always fool around with Kyungho. A bunch of grownups are there for the dinner but Kyungho asked them all. Well, he asked if any ladies can come and Hannah asked Julia and Carolina; Carolina didn’t want to come, while Julia said she gladly comes and she offered to help Hannah with the dinner before it was scheduled that Hannah has work so Julia and her mother cooks together. For Yong Hyun, he invited himself, wanting to celebrate Kyungho becoming a teenager and Kyungho didn’t mind. Kyungho had then personally invited Minho and Shiwon, and through Shiwon asked if any other dancers want to come too.

“You shouldn’t be hiding in here,” Hannah comments when leaning inside the room, shooting a bright smile when they turn around.

“Oh, you are home,” Shiwon smirks and pushes Myung’s arm to give Hannah a hug first. Hannah leans her head back, not hugging him back, instead she just frowns because he usually doesn’t hug her.

“Ya, who do you think you’re hugging?” Jonghyun chuckles behind him. He gets out of his chair but Hannah steps out of the room, finding the three of them weird for approaching her so warmly and touchy.

“I’ll go change,” she says with a smile.

Hannah crosses the apartment that is filled with noise for a change, and goes to her walk-in-closet to change clothes. Everyone is dressed comfortably so she picks out a comfortable set of clothes as well, hearing Minho and Kyungho getting loud at the competitive game they are playing. She smiles when hearing them and looks over her shoulder, seeing Jonghyun has just entered the bathroom and is checking his mirror-reflection for a second.

“They seem to have fun,” Hannah comments in a low voice to him, pulling off her jeans to put on leggings.

“It’s been loud having them here,” Jonghyun chuckles before sighing. He walks inside the walk-in-closet, approaching Hannah to put his arms around her without a care that Hannah is pulling on her leggings. She stands still when he hugs her but smiles lovingly when his face snuggles into her neck. “Julia walked around saying what changes we can make to make the rooms look brighter, not hearing me say we like our dark rooms.”

“The living-room is bright though,” Hannah mentions.

“If you listen to Julia, it is not bright enough,” he chuckles against her neck. She giggles feeling him breathe in deeply and leans back, asking if she can get changed now. He stays in the room while she finishes changes, saying what he has been doing for the past two hours since their visitors started arriving. Showing the apartment whenever someone new arrived, he did his best trying to help Julia and her mother to find things in the kitchen just to realise they found things better than him, they sat in the living-room just talking for a while and then he showed Myung his workroom and Shiwon joined in just a few minutes before Hannah came home.

When she has changed clothes, Hannah walks into Jonghyun’s arms to hear him finish his telling of what has been going on before she came home. With her head tilted back to watch his face as he talks, her hands go under his sweater to rub his back. While preparing for his concerts, Jonghyun has been working out a lot, and these past two months he has gained some weight too so touching his skin feels really nice. He looks healthier, feels healthier, and his face is shining. She loves it. Her smile widens when Jonghyun chuckles in the middle of a sentence.

Their moment is interrupted by someone asking outside the bedroom where the owners went and Hannah is quick to leave Jonghyun’s arms to go see if she should help Julia and her mother with anything.

It is a simple birthday celebration, but they are full of chatter, laughter and smiles. Hannah finds herself constantly trying to make sure nothing is missing on the table, that Kyungho seems to have a good time, she goes to get napkins during dinner when Shiwon drops food on the table. The food is delicious, Kyungho laughs a lot, they sing for him and he gets to blow out the candles of the cake as well. Though he is the only child among them, he gets along too well. Probably because they all acts like kids, putting cake on his face and take pictures with silly faces before going to play more games. Hannah basically forces Julia’s mother to not do the dishes, saying she will do it later when everyone has left. Overall, it is a good evening. it is the first time most of them have been at the apartment too so what Jonghyun hadn’t shown earlier, Hannah gets to show when she is talking to Julia’s mother. What Jonghyun had said about Julia thinking they should lighten the dark apartment up; she brings it up again when sitting next to Hannah. Hannah listens and nods but knows she won’t really change anything. What she likes with living together with Jonghyun is that they both like dark rooms. Their bedroom is dark, his workroom is the darkest, her workroom is a bit brighter but still dark and the living-room fits them well while it is the lightest room

{Instagram, 5P_JULIA: A late birthday celebration but great food, great company, and Kyungho is finally a teenager! Late happy birthday, little brother!}

 

Everyone left late last night, so when Hannah is woken up in the morning and she sees that the time is 09:03, she isn’t sure if she should be glad to have slept this long or upset for being woken up after sleeping for six and a half hours. Who wakes her up is the man she has swore to love until she dies.

Jonghyun’s hair is a mess, face still puffy from the sleep and he lies down over Hannah to crawl over and lie next to her, legs still lying over her.

“Morning,” he mumbles and takes his fingers through her hair to see her face. Hannah grimaces, not wanting to wake up. “We are going to the gym.”

Though she had said yesterday that she wants to go to the gym with him, she regrets it for a few minutes while trying to wake up. Jonghyun keeps caressing her head, her cheek and down her arm, warmly telling her that he thought of not waking her up because she looked to be sleeping well but decided to wake her up to not have her get mad if she found out later he went without her.

They go to the gym together. Jonghyun has a trainer helping him out while Hannah is working out on her own. Usually, Jonghyun’s sessions are in the evening or at night, but once every other week (depending on his schedule and the trainer’s schedule) he has a morning session. Hannah prefers mornings so it was nice having Jonghyun ask if she wants to come along this time. Their warm-up is together, but the actual training is individual because Jonghyun focuses on making muscles visible while Hannah goes more for a figure-shaping workout.

After the workout, they head home, wash up and get ready before the couple head out for lunch with Jonghyun’s sister. Hannah wears a pair of ¾-sweatpants, a black loose t-shirt and white sneakers, carrying her bag on the shoulder and hair up in a bun. She is comfy because she has dance practice after lunch. Jonghyun leaves the lunch first while Hannah and Sodam walks around on the street, looking at some hats and accessories, before Manager Lee picks Hannah up for a ride to the agency.

It is just a week left before the Musketeers’ are making their comeback and while Ana is promoting her album these days, Hannah goes to the practice-room to learn the choreography for one of the songs to their showcase that is in a week from now. Manager Lee warned her that cameras will be set up in the practice-room for the Musketeers’ small TV-show, so there isn’t a surprise to see cameras in the room when she arrives. After greeting the choreography teacher and the dancers practicing, she greets the cameras lonely set up to capture different angles in the room.

Like always there is a warm up to start off. Thirty minutes later, Hannah is smiling at one of the dancers who has been given the role to teach Hannah the choreography. They laugh after just a few minutes of the lesson because the dancer ends up making a mistake in the choreography that the actual teacher speaks out that they are both students. Then they get focused as they start practicing again. One step at a time, repeat the previous ones to add the new one to get in the routine and within an hour, Hannah is almost done going through the steps.

For the break, she sits down at the centre of the room. Phone and a bottle of water in each hand and a smile over at the teacher who is sitting by the wall together with one camera-man and the show’s PD (all hiding from cameras).

“This song is [Bad Love],” Hannah is explaining it to the PD after they have started to discuss the practice she is doing today. Hannah is smiling widely when continuing; “Because the song is a bit too y and obsessive, only Kai and I are doing it. The agency thought Ana would be too young to perform it, so instead of having three out of four performing, the two of us are performing it.”

“Taemin and Ana are performing another song instead,” the teacher adds and Hannah nods.

There will be four songs in the mini-album; the title-track [Energetic], an obsessed track [Obsessed], the R&B song [Meet Me At Sunrise] and finally the song [Bad Love], which was written by Hannah. While both [Obsessed] and [Bad Love] have an obsessive theme, the two songs sound very different from each other. Somehow the break becomes a bit of a mini interview because Hannah is talking to them and explaining a few things, but when they mention that it turned int a mini interview, she gets on her feet and says she should keep practicing.

Kai shows up at one point too, having practiced in another room for EXO’s up-coming comeback. He doesn’t need a warm-up, and just joins in for the [Bad Love] practice. After about another hour in there, Hannah walks up to one of the single cameras set up to film them.

“The good thing about today’s practice is that I started before Kai,” she starts to say in a low voice, smiling further away to see if anyone is hearing her. “Because I have had time to remember the choreography before he now has caught up to me. … Look at that.”

She starts laughing when seeing through the screen that Kai starts moving around a little behind her. Maybe he heard what she said or he just celebrates knowing he has caught up.

“Look how confident he is,” Hannah smiles at the camera.

With Kai catching up to her in the choreography, they start practicing it together. It doesn’t even take an hour of practicing together before their teacher is satisfied.

“Are we done?” Kai looks surprised when their teacher seems satisfied.

“Yes,” she nods.

Their practice has ended quickly so both Hannah and Kai holds up a hand in the air to give each other a high-five. “Good job,” Hannah says in English.

Well, Kai leaves, the dancers’ leaves, their teacher leaves; Hannah stays. The camera-crew leaves as well, leaving a camera for Hannah to be filmed. She can need more practice, that is why she stays back – practice while she can. She practices for the songs they will perform at the showcase, which is the previously released songs by the Musketeers as well as the new ones. She is there for a few minutes, dancing and singing, before turning off the camera to hand it in at the front desk for the staff to pick it up when they come by and then, Hannah and Manager Lee heads to Yong Hyun’s studio to go through some outfits and whatnot.

 

The next day is a nervous day, because it is Thursday and the Musketeers are filming the TV-program Knowing Bros or Ask Us Anything. It is their first variety program together, and it is a tough variety program with a school environment with Kang Hodong, Kim Heechul (from Super Junior), comedians Lee Soogeun and Kim Youngchul, singer Min Kyunghoon, former basketball player who currently is an entertainer, Seo Janghoon and lastly singer and songwriter Lee Sangmin. A loud group of middle-aged men loving to say jokes, make fun of each other and their guests and who are making Hannah tell her three friends in the morning that she will depend on them today. Among the four friends, Ana is probably the most suited for variety program. Hannah is too serious and Taemin as well as Kai doesn’t understand variety.

Dressed up in school uniforms, the four friends join the opening filming for Knowing Bros. The cast are already sitting in the classroom that has been built in one of the studios, cameras and staff filling up out of frame and four friends entering through the slide door and walks up to the teacher’s lectern.

Ana stands closest to the cameras, meaning she entered first. The cast started cheering at the sight of her and Heechul got up on his feet seeing his juniors and cheering THE MUSKETEERS in a funny way. Hannah hear their individual names being mentioned, as if the cast are showing off they know the names of their guests today, though they met before filming already. Taemin is smiling widely standing on Ana’s left side, then Hannah next to him and finally Hannah. Kai was instructed to stand the furthest away from the cameras because he is the tallest. When Ana heard that, she said she wants to be the closest to the cameras (because she is the shortest).

“Hi,” Ana cutely waves her hand, sounding younger than the students they all pretend to be. Hannah leans forward to give her a smile and to see the staff smiling as well.

“Isn’t that 5 Pieces?” Kang Hodong’s voice is loud from the back.

“SHINee,” another cast member points out.

Someone is singing an EXO song while Ana’s name is mentioned. They are loudly talking, not letting their guests get a word out. After several comments and Taemin trying to get their attention, Lee Soogeun mentions to Heechul that they all are his juniors. Heechul is sitting with his elbow on the desk, pointing at their guests as he says they are his juniors.

“These four may be the best dancers, but why are you at a variety program? You’re not funny,” Heechul comments and Kai is laughing as he has no idea of what to say. Hannah, is just nodding, agreeing with Heechul. These four friends aren’t exactly known for being great on variety or funny, at least not if Heechul could choose from SM Entertainment.

“Do you want us to leave again?” Taemin asks and motions to the door, saying it as a joke.

“Please,” Heechul smiles widely at Taemin’s suggestion and moves his hand to point it at the door as well. His colleagues, on the other hand, says their guests should stay, even telling Heechul that he can leave if he isn’t pleased with today’s guests.

It goes a lot better than Hannah thought. The cast stays loud and everywhere, but the four friends do a decent job. When they get to show off the dance to their new song, the cast is surprised not seeing Heechul follow along in the choreography – as he always seems to know the dance for their guests – but Heechul, after the dance, explains that the Musketeers’ choreography is too difficult for him. He still imitates Taemin’s way to dance, as always creating laughter for overdoing it. Ana keeps the mood up as well, as they continue to talk about this and that, and she bravely gets into a joke about who the ace is. When she first mentions Ace, Hannah thinks of the cat-boss at the house. Then she realises it is Taemin she talks about; Taemin has a song named [Ace], and for Ana, he is the ace while a cast member of the show is nicknamed Ace. It is a good joke that they crack back and forth, but Ana bravely sticking to who the true ace is, is funny. There are jokes about the four friends from beginning to end during their filming but Hannah believe the cast enjoys making fun of each other much more than making fun of their guests.

Filming for the show goes surprisingly quickly. Even kai looks confused when they are done, asking if they really have filmed enough for an hour-long episode. Apparently, they have. And the day has passed by quickly. Hannah is walking around thanking everyone for their hard work today and asking them to look kindly for the Musketeers’ in the future (leader talk, something basic to make them look good no matter how much laughter they did and created when filming).

“Where are you going now?” Kai wonders when they are about to leave. Ana is stuffing her bag with a blanket while hurrying after the other

Please log in to read the full chapter