... are falling...

Youngest of Pieces: Five Becomes One (13)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jonghyun’s last radio broadcast. MBC’s Blue Night has started with fans outside the window and cameras to broadcast the show live, and suited up with tie and styled hair is Jonghyun, greeting his listeners in a soft voice. Hannah is there tonight. She has arrived just a few minutes before the broadcast began, bringing coffee and drinks for everyone and has now taken a seat with the staff. Jonghyun’s manager is sitting next to her, sipping on a milkshake. When Hannah had asked him for everyone’s order at the radio station, he had taken the chance to order a milkshake. The staff got very happy seeing Hannah, overjoyed that she is visiting on the last broadcast and gladly accepting the drinks she hands out to them. But Jonghyun’s manager is the happiest, sipping on his milkshake like a kid.

Her husband had gotten happy too. He was already in his seat when she arrived but a staff member had handed the drink to him along with a note Hannah had written. Proudly, Jonghyun told them to zoom in with the camera as he held up the note that read ‘a warm drink to a warm voice for this blue night, Hwaiting JjongD!’ and a cute smiley. It wasn’t like she expected him to show it to the world, but Jonghyun kept smiling widely as he looked at the note himself.

There is a mixed of emotions here tonight. A happy crew for doing another Blue Night, but also a sad crew as it is the last one for now. They all talk about that Jonghyun will come back, whether it is in a few months or a few years, but he will be back.

Hannah stays with the crew as the broadcast continues. He mentioned her briefly after talking about all the blue letters he has received and will read when he comes home, he said that his wife has showed up with drinks for everyone, thanking her for that. As soon as that has been said, it doesn’t take many seconds until the PD mentions that they are receiving comments to have Hannah make a guest appearance. She just smiles at the mention of that. Other guests show and go, even friends from other radios show up, staying for a few minutes, takes a picture with Jonghyun and moves on.

Eventually, Ana comes too. she has spent the weekend in Japan and when coming back, she went home, slept a few hours, and now looks like she is ready to start the day. Young and pretty, Ana is somehow looking great in sweatpants and a t-shirt; the t-shirt is a gift from Maria, an expensive one from Fashion Week. She takes a seat next to Hannah, smiling and looking excited. Ana’s excitement is making Hannah smile too.

“Are you ready?” the PD asks when a commercial begins. He turns around to look at Ana and Hannah.

It is their turn. Hannah has been enjoying the broadcast, giving Jonghyun the thumbs up through the glass when he texted her ‘how am I doing’. And now, she will go in with Ana as guests for a few minutes too.

Hannah is in ripped black jeans and a knitted brown sweater, her dark brown hair hanging down and her hands mostly hidden in her sleeves. That includes her wedding ring. She walks inside the radio both after Ana, looking at the window to see all the fans stand there while Jonghyun gets on his feet to hug Ana.

“I thought you wouldn’t show,” he mentions to the young girl.

“I wouldn’t miss it. I’m a huge fan of Blue Night,” Ana tells him. She heads straight over to her chair after the hug.

“Say that on air,” Jonghyun reminds her, pointing a finger to Ana and puts his other arm around Hannah. He smiles down at her as Ana says she will say a lot of good things about his radio. Hannah pats Jonghyun on his back. They don’t hug tightly though Jonghyun is about to, instead they hug while looking at the other, giving each other a few pats of support.

Jonghyun told Hannah she doesn’t have to come. She has been exhausted all day because of Manager Lim and the other ladies now heading to Sweden for the premiere of their concert movie, and because of that, Jonghyun told her to rest. But it is his last radio broadcast; of course she has to go.

Her eyes follow him when he goes to take his seat, he thanks Ana again for coming. Hannah takes her seat next to Ana when a staff member comes up behind her with some papers.

“Viewers are already sending in questions and requests after spotting the two of you on camera,” the staff member tells them. Ana starts waving to the camera focused on her and Hannah, looking happy that the viewers and listeners are interested in having them guest on the show. Hannah gives the staff member a smile and Jonghyun is smiling at them all.

“They have asked about Hannah during the whole broadcast,” Jonghyun mentions.

“That’s because you said she’s here,” the staff member kindly points out. She nudges Hannah on the arm. “You saw some of the comments, didn’t you? They asked if you have left or if you are going to stay behind camera the whole time.”

“They must be very happy now then,” Ana comments with a laugh.

“I’m happier,” Jonghyun points out with a cute smile at them.

When the commercials comes to an end, they talk for a few minutes about how Ana and Hannah have listened to Jonghyun’s radio and how familiar the radio has been because of him. They mostly talk about Jonghyun and the radio, answer a few random questions that stick to the topic and have fun laughing during a song break at other comments about the married couple and so on.

Their ten minutes on the radio pass by quickly.

A song begins to play after that Hannah and Ana have said their goodbyes. Only then does Jonghyun start patting his eyes, as he has been throughout the broadcast he gets emotional whenever his guests are leaving. Ana is already up on her feet, going over to the window to try communicate with the fans out there. The woman who earlier had mentioned the comments is now getting ready with a camera to take their picture. Hannah gets up from her seat, and she laughs because Jonghyun gets on his feet too, stepping over to her with his head down.

“You still have half an hour left,” she points out to him when Jonghyun embraces her for a hug. He is resting his forehead on her shoulder to hide his face, which means he is bending his back a bit to reach down.

“I know…”

Hannah pats him on the back with both hands, aware of the cameras as well as the fans outside. A hug isn’t anything weird, he has been hugging everyone tonight.

“Do you want a tissue?” Ana asks by the window, asking it as a joke.

He says he is good when letting go of Hannah, petting his tears away on his own. Hannah smiles watching his face, knowing he will cry a lot more later. They chat a bit while getting into position for the picture. Jonghyun in the middle and he shakes his head to keep the tears away while Hannah and Ana link arms with him. Hannah leans forward to tell Ana that they should do Jonghyun’s usual pose, what he always does for these pictures. Jonghyun glances from right to left when seeing the two of them close their eyes and smile.

“I don’t do it like that,” he laughs at Ana, who smiles a bit too much for the fun of it.

For the actual picture, all three of them closes their eyes. Jonghyun’s arms are linked but he still shows two V-signs with his hands. It is a funny picture. The staff member shows them the picture and Hannah is quick to ask her to send it to Hannah later.

“Unnie can send it to me,” Ana tells Hannah. Hannah nods, saying she will. She glances at Jonghyun who holds on to her arm.

“Are you leaving right away?” Jonghyun wonders.

Ana nods, saying she is going home to sleep, but that she will listen to the last half-hour of the radio on the way home. Hannah smiles at them, mostly because Jonghyun looks like he doesn’t want to let go of her arm but also because he knows that Hannah is coming with them later for a few drinks; a goodbye party. Jonghyun lets go of Hannah’s arm to give Ana a hug, thanking her once more for coming though she is busy. He turns around to give Hannah a hug too, asking if she is going to sit at the other side of the glass again. She will. He touches the back of her head when letting go of her, smiling and letting the two friends leave. Hannah waves to the fans when she steps out after Ana, exchanging just a few words before Ana’s manager tells her they should get going.

Hannah takes her seat with the staff again. It doesn’t take many minutes before a surprise guest appear in the room. Minho has arrived for the last minutes, hiding under a cap but shooting a bright smile to the staff.

“I almost didn’t make it,” he tells Hannah after hearing what the staff tells him. Hannah just smiles, adding a laugh when Minho holds up tissues. “I knew he would cry so I brought these.”

“You should’ve arrived earlier, he has cried a lot already,” Hannah says in a light tone.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Monday, Headline 03rd: Jonghyun Have His Wife Hannah & Close Friend ANA.N Visit His Final Radio Broadcast On MBC

 

Headline 04th: 5 Pieces Make Guest Appearance On Swedish Morning Radio To Promote WORLD INVASION The Movie

Headline 04th: 5 Pieces Attend Premiere Of WORLD INVASION The Movie In Sweden Along With Fans

 

Headline 05th: THE MUSKETEERS Release 2nd Project Single [I Did It For Love] Along With Music Video

Headline 05th: [I Did It For Love] Tops Music Charts Around Korea Soon After Release

Headline 05th: 5 Pieces Promotes Their Movie In Sweden With Some Interviews

 

Headline 06th: Emelia & Maria Spotted Returning To Hometown After WORLD INVASION Movie Premiere In Sweden

 

Headline 07th: EM Takes Us To Mexico For KCON On its5pieces’ Weekly Update

 

Headline 08th: Members Of 5 Pieces Share Love & Care To Their Country After Attack In Stockholm

 

Headline 09th: Fans Are Worried To Why Hannah Missed 5 Pieces’ Movie Premiere In Sweden & Schedule In Hong Kong Last Week

 

Monday, Headline 10th: SM Entertainment Has Confirmed 5 Pieces’ Delayed Comeback But Fans Show Concern About 5 Pieces’ Future

 

Headline 11th: Fans Point Out Hannah’s Absence During 5 Pieces’ Schedules Recently Could Be Due To Fights Within The Group

 

Headline 12th: 5 Pieces’ Fans Ask The Ladies To Keep The Puzzle Completed

Headline 12th: Julia Calls Out To Puzzle On SNS, Saying The Ladies Are The Same As Always

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

One and a half week later, Hannah is caught up in her movie filming. The first two weeks were pretty much just action scenes, the hardest two weeks, she must admit. But this week, it is a bit different. Today, for example, she is working with actors Ji Chang Wook and Kim Woo Bin.

Hannah’s character used to work with the two actors on missions. They were assigned to work together abroad, secret missions and such, and that is what they are filming; flashbacks in the movie. Kim Woo Bin plays the friend who gets killed, the person who is the reason Hannah’s character goes back to Korea. In her try to solve his murder that is labelled as a suicide, she helps Kyungho’s character get his revenge. It is a lot of action and thinking behind it.

For now, she is sitting tailor on the large bed. The set looks like a hotel room, a luxurious one. The room is built wide, colours of white and beige everywhere and the bed looks large and cosy. She is in black leather pants and a grey V-neck sweater that is wide but short so it doesn’t cover her as much as she would want to. It looks great, the fitting sleeves pulled up a bit and while its wide style covers her figure, her leather pants show off enough. Hannah is sitting in the bed next to Woo Bin, the tall and dark man with a brilliant smile. He is wearing a black long-sleeve t-shirt and black pants, his hair styled and he looks as handsome as he did five hours ago when he arrived on set.

“It’s dangerous to sit on a bed when you’re tired,” Woo Bin points out. He leans back on his hand in the bed, pointing his other hand at Hannah next to him. “Are you falling asleep?”

“Me? No, I am not,” Hannah is quick to shake her head, blinking a few times to show she is clearly awake. She smiles when hearing him chuckle, commenting that he is getting tired from sitting on the bed.

When another tall and handsome actor, Ji Chang Wook, shows up in what they call a hotel room, the director steps up to go through the scene with them. The first thing he says after spinning around is to tell Hannah that she is not supposed to be there. She smiles and gets up from the bed, walking over to where the cameras are set up as she is supposed to come out from the bathroom back there. They have filmed that part already; Hannah going out from the bathroom.

Director Yang stands by the end of the bed, moving his hands around while reading out the scene, how Chang Wook’s character responds to Woo Bin’s character’s words and the director then takes a few steps back to show how Hannah walks inside and joins their conversation. He then steps aside to let them do a practice-round on their own. Woo Bin puts his hands on the bag in front of him, packing guns and starting with the first line when seeing Chang Wook look out the window through the curtains. Woo Bin’s line is to comment that Chang Wook is paranoid for looking out the window all the time.

Hannah hesitates to step into frame, stopping herself when hearing Chang Wook response with an annoyed tone and glance at Woo Bin before looking out the window again and says it is all Woo Bin’s fault (his character’s fault). That’s her cue. She keeps her back straight when stepping forward, saying that they are arguing like kids.

“Good, good, very good,” Director Yang points at the three of them. “Chang Wook, perfect posture but don’t lean too much to the window. Remember that you don’t want to be seen.”

“Okay,” he nods and looks out the window without leaning towards it.

“Perfect,” Director Yang approves. He turns to Woo Bin, a few fingers in the air to him as well. “Just … do as you did. Be amused by that Jihoon (Chang Wook) is paranoid but don’t like that he says you’re the one to blame for the mission going wrong.”

He turns with his fingers in the air, pointing at Hannah and looks at her for a few seconds.

“Pretty. I like it. Do exactly like that.”

Though the movie is about Hannah’s character and Kyungho’s, it is important to understand why Hannah’s character would come to Korea for a funeral and why she puts so much trust in Chang Wook’s character. So these flashbacks will be good background stories, they hope.

After about an hour of more filming, Hannah is smiling seeing Chang Wook practice for the next scene. A fighting scene. He dodges someone’s fist, steps forward to pretend he hits the man’s rib and jabs to the other side at someone else. Hannah takes a step back to make sure she is not in the way, admiring the practice in front of her and wondering if she can look that cool during her scene too. since they have messed up the mission in the flashback, Woo Bin’s character has gone to check-out and prepare a taxi as they will leave. While he is gone, the bad guys will come. Hannah’s character will wait outside in the corridor and hold them off as Chang Wook’s character packs the last, and they will fight their way out. It is supposed to take place in a western country, this hotel, but the inside scenes will be filmed in Korea.

“Hannah, can you come out here?”

She spins around and walks over to the corridor they have made, humming a ‘yes’ while glancing back at the others who are practicing. It is the only fighting scene she has with Ji Chang Wook so she wants to take in as much as possible from this moment. Woo Bin is out in the corridor too, along with some well-dressed men that Hannah is going to start practicing with. The director joins her, as they will film her part in the corridor soon. He moves her to lean against the wall by a door closer to what they say is the elevator, where those men will come out in search for the hotel room they know the good guys are in.

What Hannah likes with this scene is that she is supposed to stand by another door and pretend she is waiting for someone. When hearing the elevator, doors open and spot the men come around the corner, she will call out in English ‘hurry up’ – which will be a cue for Chang Wook’s character that the bad guys have arrived and that he should indeed hurry up. She will be the surprise part because those men will be looking for Koreans, and she is not Korean, so when they pass by her she is supposed to make one of the last one trip and punch the last one, starting to hold them back. Woo Bin will show up and some of the bad guys will enter the hotel room (which is the scene Chang Wook practices for). Director Yang goes through the steps with them, not knowing how Hannah is going to fight but he is moving his hands a lot like always. He is hard-working indeed. He even watches when they start going through the fight, watching every step and coming with comments and compliments, before he steps back and lets them go through it. The combat trainer helps for the fighting scenes, observing them and directing them.

This is what Hannah loves. In acting, there is so much to learn. For the past two weeks, she has been distracted from reality by getting into the role as Liza for this movie, being confident and not the one who talks much, but a great fighter. In her leather pants she do kicks and her hair swings when she throws with her fists. It is extremely fun and thrilling to do action scenes, which is what she has done a lot lately. She has bruises that proves it.

“Are we ready to film it?” Director Yang asks, moving the camera-man a bit to make sure they start filming where he wants to.

There is a lot of movement for people to get in position, actors in place, staff in the background, Hannah leaning against the wall with a powder box in hand to pretend she is fixing her makeup while waiting for those bad guys. She is smiling at the others until they count down and get into character when the camera is rolling. Just as when she went through with the director does she call out ‘hurry up’ in English and she waits until the bad guys are walking past her. As instructed she moves out her foot to make one man trip and she leans away from the wall just start laughing because she was just about to “hit” a man with the powder box.

“I’m sorry!” she bursts out and raises the powder box for Director Yang to see. “What am I supposed to do with this one?”

They start over again, and Hannah apologizes again when leaning against the wall, smiling. the director helped her with what to do, he asked if she could throw it at one of the men, he had honestly not thought of the powder box in her hand. When she does throw the powder box, it doesn’t hit anyone on the first try. But they do the same scene several of times. And fighting scenes takes super long time to do, to take from different angles, to film the different parts of the fight and so on. They practice in slow-motion and repeats it until they can do it fast. Woo Bin shows up to do his part, talkative as his character is when joining the fight.

In the middle of a take of their fighting scene, Hannah forgets all about her character and acting when hearing something break behind her, knowing it is not what should happen. She squats down feeling something being thrown at her and everything stops, the director calling CUT and the bad guys turning around.

Hannah glances behind her, gaping up to see that one of the guys had strongly kicked the wall. That’s what she heard; the simply prepared wall has a hole in it, pieces of the wall plaster had flown out.

“Is everybody okay?”

“Are you alright?”

Please log in to read the full chapter