1.19 - Figuring Feelings Out

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, I have a favour it ask,” Taehyung announces, stepping into Jimin and Hoseok’s room. The two roommates look at Taehyung in surprise. Taehyung ignores their looks and once again pleads, “Please give me your trip to Jeju prize. Please, hyung, I’ll repay you somehow, but please!”

Hoseok purses his lips, “I don’t think I can do that…”

“Why?!” Taehyung asks desperately.

“Well, first of all, I don’t think Lisa will appreciate it. Second, well, I already gave it to Jungkook.”

Taehyung falls onto Hoseok’s bed and plants his face into his hands. After a moment of groaning, Taehyung rises and heads for the dining room. When he sees Jungkook sitting at the table scrolling through his phone, Taehyung once again pleas, “Jungkook please let me go on that Jeju trip.”

“I can’t,” Jungkook answers dryly.

“Please!”

Jungkook looks away from his screen to look at Taehyung. Seeing his hyung so distraught almost causes him to waver, but he can’t even if he wants to. He explains, “Lisa begged me not to give it to you.”

Taehyung looks like he’s been slapped. He falls into a chair and mutters, “What did I do…”

“Hyung do you like Lisa?” Jungkook questions, pulling his chair closer to Taehyung’s. “Or do you like Jisoo noona?”

Taehyung shakes his head, “Don’t ask me this question. I don’t have an answer.”

Jungkook scoffs, “You’re an idiot.”

Taehyung responds by scoffing as well, “Says you.”

“We’re just two idiots, aren’t we?” Jungkook sighs.

“Two peas in a pod.”

“Dumb and dumber.”

“Tell Lisa I’m sorry,” Taehyung says suddenly. Jungkook nods but he’s not so sure if he can do that.

Rosé and Lisa make their way upstairs. When they see the boys Lisa blatantly turns back around but Rosé holds her in place. She heads to the table, engaging in a conversation with the boys. “Hey guys!”

Taehyung swings around to see the girls. When he sees Lisa he springs out of his seat, “Lisa, I’m sorry—" Lisa groans and rushes down the stairs. Taehyung chases after her, “Just please —"

“Shut up!” Lisa exclaims in frustration, spinning around to face Taehyung. “I don’t want to have to go out of my way to avoid you so can you please stop trying to speak to me? I don’t want to engage in a conversation with you nor do I think it’s necessary.” They stand there staring at one another in silence until Lisa adds softly, “You don’t owe me anything…”

Taehyung nods and takes a seat on the stairs. The pitiful sight is too much for Lisa to bear so she turns away and goes back to her room. Taehyung stays on the stairs until Jin approaches him, saying, “Get up.”

“Hyung,” Taehyung says, “I made a mistake.”

“Yeah, we know,” Jin holds out his hand for Taehyung, which the younger man takes. “But at least you know it too.”

“I’m sorry to you and to Jisoo,” Taehyung says, nearly tearing up.

Jin smiles softly, “Tell that to Jisoo, not me.”

“Will she listen?”

Jin shrugs, “Who knows. But please stop looking so pitiful, it gives us a bad image.”

Taehyung smiles, “What kind of image do you think you have right now hyung?”

“Let’s see,” Jin sighs, “Handsomest man alive? Persistent figure?”

Taehyung laughs and places his arm around Jin’s shoulders, “Add funniest hyung to the list.”

Jin smiles, “That too.”

Upstairs Rosé sits in Taehyung’s chair, “So you’re going to Jeju?”

Jungkook nods, “Hoseok wants to stay back so he offered. Then Lisa asked me not to give it away.”

Rosé nods, “So when are you leaving?”

“Later tonight,” Jungkook answers. He pushes his plate of rice towards Rosé in offering, “Breakfast?”

Rosé laughs softly, “Thanks for the leftovers.”

“What can I say, I’m very generous.” Jungkook jokes. Rosé rolls her eyes but takes a spoonful of rice. She’s not hungry, in fact, she’s quite nervous, but she forces herself to act natural. Jungkook observes it and questions her, “Are you alright?”

Rosé smiles and nods, “Oh yeah, I’m fine, just not very hungry.”

Jungkook nods but isn’t convinced. The two of them remain in an uncomfortable silence where Rosé is unsure whether or not to voice her thoughts or even how to voice them, and Jungkook silently hoping she won’t. As if understanding that neither are ready to speak about the elephant in the room, Rosé stands from the table and excuses herself, “I’m gonna go take a shower.”

Before going down the stairs Rosé pauses and looks back at Jungkook, “Have fun on your trip.”

“Thank you,” Jungkook responds gratefully.

Rosé nods and leaves. Seeing Taehyung and Jin acting friendly at the bottom of the stairs makes her smile. “I guess you two figured things out, huh?”

“Nah man,” Taehyung responds, slapping Jin’s stomach lightly, “We hate each other.”

Jin ruffles Taehyung’s hair, “I’m so close to punching you again.”

“Oh yeah?” Taehyung challenges playfully, “Do it, I’m ready this time!”

Rosé shakes her head at their antics and moves past them as they continue play fighting.

“Unnie, you should get up,” Jennie says to Jisoo as she brushes her own hair. The older girl is still curled underneath the blankets of their shared bed, refusing to get out. “You can’t hide in there forever.”

Jisoo pushes the covers off her head and peaks at Jennie. She groans and pulls it backup. “I don’t want to talk or see anyone right now.”

Jennie stops brushing her hair and attempts to pull the covers off Jisoo in annoyance. “Unnie, come on, this isn’t helping anyone.”

After Jennie successfully pulls the covers off Jisoo, the older girl pouts, “I seriously can’t, Jennie. Please don’t make me get up.”

“Why?” Jennie asks.

“Because!” Jisoo rolls to her side, “I don’t want to see Jin oppa or Taehyung or Lisa or anyone.”

“Again, that doesn’t really answer my question. Why can’t you see them?”

Jisoo bites her lip, “Jin oppa scared me the other day… I know he was mad at Taehyung and not me but that was a side of him I hadn’t seen before. It was… weird.”

Jennie arches a brow, “Is that the only reason you can’t face Jin?”

“Yes. Why? What did you think?”

Jennie shrugs, “Maybe there’s something more to it. Maybe you don’t even know it.”

Jisoo scoffs, “What do you mean by that?”

Jennie sighs, “I think maybe the reason why you can’t face Taehyung might also be a reason why you can’t face Jin oppa.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Think about it.” Jennie says before leaving the room. Jisoo is left in a more confused mess than before.

“Where are you going?” Jennie hears a voice ask as she places her sneakers on. She looks up to see Yoongi leaning against the wall, his arms crossed in front of his chest. But his voice isn’t possessive, just curious.

Jennie smirks, “Out. Seeing a friend.”

“Hmm,” Yoongi nods. “I see.”

“Yeah, my friend is very cute by the way. I’ve been waiting anxiously for today.”

“Wow, must be a great friend then, huh?”

“The best.” Jennie grins, enjoying the torture she’s putting Yoongi through. She finally gives in, “I’m going to see my dogs today. Do you want to come?”

Yoongi almost gives an audible sigh of relief but keeps his composure. He shrugs, “Maybe.”

Jennie rolls her eyes, “Oh come on. My parents are in Japan and need me to dog-sit... So are you coming to my vacant home or not?”

Yoongi glances at the cameras, “No cameras?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter