1.08 - My Little Sweets

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ouch!” Jisoo exclaims, on her burning finger.

“What are you doing?”

Jisoo runs her finger under cold water before looking over her shoulder to see Taehyung next to her, pulling a bowl out of the cupboards. She holds out her burnt finger to him, “I got hurt!”

Taehyung chuckles as he fills his bowl with cereal. “See what happens when you’re alone in the kitchen?”

“Hey, at least it’s tidy in here.” Jisoo throws back, heading back to the stove to flip the vegetable omelette she has cooking.

“Mm, smells good,” Taehyung reaches for a piece of radish that’s sitting in a bowl.

Jisoo slaps his hand, “Hey! That’s not for you.”

Taehyung’s eyebrows scrunch up, “Then who’s it for?”

“Doesn’t matter,” Jisoo responds, turning her attention back to the stove.

Without her looking, Taehyung sneaks a radish before taking milk out of the fridge and pouring it into his bowl of cereal. He smiles to himself and ruffles Jisoo’s hair (even though it’s tied in a ponytail), earning him a grunt of protest from the purple-haired girl. Grabbing his bowl and a spoon, he heads for the stairs, but before heading down he calls over his shoulder, “He’s gonna love it.”

“Hm? What?” Jisoo calls back, but Taehyung’s gone.

“Shouldn’t you be getting ready to go to the amusement park?” Rose inquires, shaking a sleeping Lisa awake. “Hello? Your car is waiting for you downstairs.”

“Ugh,” Lisa groans, throwing the covers over  her head. “I’m so~ tired!”

“Do you need coffee?” Rose asks, offering her steaming mug to the orange-haired girl.

Lisa peeks her head out of the covers to shake her head vigorously. “Hmm… Rose? Do you wanna take my place?!”

“What?” Rose exclaims, taken aback by the offer. “I can’t - you earned it-”

“It said we can give the prize away, and I’m really not up for it. Please, please, please~?” Lisa pouts and overexaggerates tears to seal the deal.

Rose purses her lips, feeling shy towards the idea of being alone with Jungkook for the entire day. However, when will she ever get an opportunity like this again? She squints her eyes are Lisa, “Are you sure?”

“Yes!” Lisa groans, rolling around in her bed violently. “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!”

“Okay! I get it,” Rose exclaims in exasperation, but she can’t hide her giddy feeling. Excitedly, she dashes to the closet to look for an outfit to wear. Lisa grins beneath the covers as she hears Rose’s metal hangers being ferociously shoved around and Rose mutter under her breath, “No, no not this one. … Not this one either. … Is it too hot for this? … Ahhh! This one!”

“Leave already!” Lisa orders in faux-annoyance.

Rose scoffs, “Okay! Geez.”

Grabbing her make-up bag, Rose exits the room to the washroom in a black croptop and black leggings, a read flannel covering her arms. Lisa slowly rises and follows behind, standing by the washroom door and hearing Rose hum lightly to herself.

“You’ve done good, Lisa,” Lisa says to herself, hand over her heart as she praises herself.

“Who are you talking to?”

Lisa whips around to see Taehyung, dressed in an expensive Gucci pair of pajamas with his hair disheveled and his face bare, skipping down the stairs with a bowl of cereal. She bites her lip and looks for an answer that’s not too lame. “I’m just in a hurry for the washroom! Rose has been in there for a while.”

Taehyung chuckles, “You can just go in our washroom, if you need.”

Lisa waves her hands in front of her, “No way! I wouldn’t wanna be in you guys’ way.”

Taehyung scoffs, “No way. I’ll stand guard for you if you want.”

Not knowing what else to say, Lisa agrees to Taehyung’s suggestion. Cautiously, she enters the boys’ private washroom. She didn’t really know what to expect, but it was very neat. Unlike the girls one with clothes thrown here and there and make-up and lotions left around the sink (most of which are hers).

Outside, Rose exits the washroom and sees Taehyung leaning just outside the door of the boys’ washroom, casually eating his cereal. Nodding a greeting, Rose passes by him and heads to the foyer of the apartment, grabbing her shoes and slipping them on before exiting the apartment. Taehyung watches her leave, wondering where she’s going all alone, when he feels a slap on his arm, causing him to drop his spoon into his bowl.

“Hyung, who’s in the washroom and why is there a line-up?” Jungkook asks urgently.

Taehyung places an arm out to keep Jungkook from tapping on the door. “Lisa’s in there, dude.”

As if on cue, the door opens to reveal the tall blonde. She dips her head hello to Jungkook, who’s very much surprised to see her. As soon as she greets him and thanks Taehyung, she dashes to her room.

Jungkook turns to ask Taehyung for an explanation, but Taehyung beats him to it. “She was waiting for Rose but Rose was taking a long time so I told her she can use ours.”

“Oh, okay then,” Jungkook responds, still trying to put two and two together.

“It’s all yours,” Taehyung says, taking another bite of his cereal before heading towards the living room.

“Hyung, wait!” Jungkook grabs Taehyung’s arm and turns him back around. “Do you think you can go on the trip for me today?”

“What trip?” Taehyung asks in confusion.

“I was supposed to go to the amusement park with Lisa, but-”

“Okay.”

“Okay?” Jungkook splutters, confused at how easy this was. He hadn’t even given his excuse yet.

Taehyung shrugs, “Yeah, why not? I’m down for amusement parks and you’re not down to spend a day with a girl. I’ll do it. But you owe me one.”

“Okay fine,” Jungkook shrugs, grinning to himself when he thinks of what the outcome of this will end up being.

“Great,” Taehyung hands Jungkook his empty bowl of cereal and heads to their room to change.

“Assa!” Jungkook exclaims, holding a fist to his chest.

“Jungkook? Shouldn’t you be getting ready for the amusement park?” Lisa asks, coming out of her room still in her pajamas. As she says these words, she’s got a sly smile on her face, arms crossed in front of her chest.

Jungkook copies her stance and with a raised brow and a smirk, says, “I could say the same to you.”

Lisa shakes her head with a giggle to herself and re-enters her room without another word. As she does so, Taehyung comes back out wearing a blue dress-shirt tucked into his white-washed, cut at the knee jeans. He places his hands in his pockets and looks like an art student. Jungkook hurries to push him out the door, hoping Lisa doesn’t get a sneak peek at him.

“Alright, alright!” Taehyung says, struggling out of Jungkook’s grasp. He slips on white sneakers before heading out, holding his hand up but not turning around as he goes.

Jungkook calls out after him, “Bring me back some cotton candy!”

When Taehyung disappears down the elevator, Jungkook runs a hand through his hair and smiles. This should be good.

Jin wakes up to a light tapping on his door. He groans lightly, “Namjoon, go open the door.”

When no one answers him and there’s another round of light taps, Jin opens one eye to see the bed next to him is empty. He calls out in a gruff voice, “Come in.”

The door squeaks open gently. Jin perks up at the smell of food, instantly awake. He turns to look at the intruder and sees Jisoo, hair tied in a ponytail, a breezy hot-pink dress on which is covered by his apron. In her hands, she’s holding a tray of food. With a proud smile, she takes a seat at the corner of his bed and holds the tray out to him.

Jin sits up and accepts the tray, staring at the vegetable omelette, seasoned tofu, rice cooked with red and black beans, and shredded radish on the side. He stares at it in disbelief, “No way, you made this?!”

“Don’t look so shocked,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter