1.04 - 'Punishment'?

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Italicized words are spoken in English.

“We’re taking a bus and not a van?” Jennie asks, staring at the small bus meant to carry groups of up to 15.

“Don’t be silly, we can’t all fit in one van.” Hoseok says, climbing in.

“I mean, do you think we’ll fit in this? It’s small too.” Jennie throws back at him.

“Quit complaining,” Yoongi mutters, following Hoseok.

“What?!” Jennie says, jaw slack from shock due to Yoongi’s blatantly cold attitude.

“Don’t worry, Yoongi is just a naturally uptight guy,” Namjoon explains. “He’s hard to get to know but after you break through, he’s really devoted to the things he loves the most.”

“It’s hard to imagine him loving anything,” Jennie says, running a hand through her hair in frustration.

“Are you kidding?” Taehyung asks, sticking his head between Namjoon and Jennie. “One time Yoongi broke a finger and, don’t tell him I told you this, but I caught him crying because he was frustrated he couldn’t play the piano for a few weeks.

Jennie breaks into a small smile, “That’s actually kinda sweet.”

Taehyung raises a finger to his lips and walks backwards towards the bus while saying, “But you didn’t hear that from me.”

As Taehyung turns towards the entrance of the bus, he runs into Rose, causing both of them to jump back in surprise. Taehyung clears his throat and sticks his arm out towards the entrance, “You first.”

“Oh, thank you,” Rose says shyly before climbing on.

Taehyung smiles as she passes by. Just as he’s about to follow, a hand presses on his chest and pushes him back. Jimin walks past with a smirk, “Don’t mind if I do.”

“Yah, you bastard,” Taehyung curses.

Before he can follow Jimin, Lisa is passing by. Once again, Taehyung steps back and allows the girl to go first. Lisa nods to him and climbs the bus. Just as Taehyung is about to follow, he’s tugged back and a grinning Jungkook says, “Thanks for letting me go first, hyung.”

“Yah!” Taehyung calls out, trying his best to shove past Jungkook and struggling to do so.

“Hyung! Don’t embarrass us!” Jungkook says.

Taehyung sticks out his tongue at Jungkook and makes his way forward onto the bus. Sitting at the back is Hoseok, Jimin and Yoongi with a spot free between the latter two. In front of them on the two seater is Rose and Lisa by the window. Taehyung chooses to sit in the two seater in front of Lisa. When Jungkook takes a seat next to him, he’s not impressed.

Namjoon is climbing on next with Jennie behind him. Turning his head to the side, he asks over his shoulder, “Where do you wanna sit?”

Jennie has to go up on her tiptoes to peek over his shoulder. Should she sit in the seat between the boys, or should she sit in the single seat across from the girls? The rational side of her which wants to maintain a good image tells her to take the seat across from the girls, but a certain part of her wants to be bold, so she points to the spot between Yoongi and Jimin.

Namjoon exhales in disbelief before taking the spot across from the girls. He watches Jennie take a seat and flip her hair and says, “You’re quite unique.”

“Hyung, you’re so weird,” Jimin says from behind Rose.

Jennie shrugs, “This show is about breaking boundaries, isn’t it?” She turns to Yoongi, who’s got his headphones in, facing out the window. Jennie shakes her head and leans back in her seat, getting comfortable. Although riding in a bus initially seemed tacky, the leather interior and air conditioner gave the ride a comfortable feeling. Laying her head to the side, Jennie’s eyes slip shut.

“Unnie,” Rose says with wide eyes. Turning back to Lisa, she whispers, “What’s happening? Jennie needs to be careful.”

“I’m a little more concerned for myself,” Lisa says, staring at Taehyung and Jungkook’s reflection in the mirror. The two of them are sharing headphones and she can hear them harmonizing Versace On the Floor.

“What do you mean by that?!” Rose asks, jaw dropped in shock.

“Shh! We’ll talk at home,” Lisa says, taking out her phone and going through her notifications.

Rose sighs, thinking to herself, “Unbelievable! Do these girls not remember that everything we say and do is being recorded? Why are they being so reckless! What can I do?"

“I’m starving.” Jisoo complains, staring at the fully stocked fridge she and Jin filled up.

Jin nods his head, “Me too.”

Jisoo groans. Folding her arms in front of her, she continues whining, “It’s not fair! We tried to do something nice for our members and end up being punished for it.”

“Well, 14,000 won is a lot of money when you think about it.”

“But look at our coffee we won’t be able to drink, or the cheese and fruits we bought,” Jisoo groans and lies lifeless on a dining room chair. “I’m so~ jealous.”

“What if they’re having a horrible time right now?” Jin asks.

Jisoo scoffs, “Impossible. They’re eating delicious food, I know it.”

“Yeah but what if Taehyung does something embarrassing or it’s awkward the whole time?”

“Why do you guys always pick on Taehyung-ssi?”

Jin raises a brow at Jisoo, “When you get to know him, you’d do the same.”

“Probably not. I’m the one in my group that ‘embarrasses’ the girls,” Jisoo sighs. “But I just wanna have fun. The fans like it when I do crazy things, it’s entertaining.”

“But Taehyung is extra,” Jin states.

“Extra plus ordinary,” Jisoo sings teasingly.

“Geugeotto byeol geo anyeo,” Jin finishes dramatically.

“What the heck,” Jisoo says, covering her face shyly.

Jin laughs then suggests, “Do you want me to make us some oatmeal?”

“I guess,” Jisoo sits up and watches as Jin turns back to the kitchen, getting out the supplies. “At this rate I’ll be as small as Chaeyoung.”

“There’s only 23 hours and 14 minutes left to go.” Jin says teasingly, causing Jisoo to groan as she lies back down lifelessly.

“Hey, wake up,” Jennie hears. She feels her head bouncing and groans at the discomfort. Looking up, she sees Yoongi staring back at her and a realisation that her head was resting on his shoulder sets in and she jerks back. She cries out in surprise. Yoongi jolts, “Jeez, calm down!”

Jennie hides her face in her hands, mortified at the situation. Looking up at the cameras, she silently begs the footage to be cut from the show.

“We’re almost there,” Yoongi states, turning back to the window.

Jennie looks around the bus to see Namjoon also taking a nap, Jungkook and Taehyung listening and humming to music together, Lisa snickering and Rose scolding her, while Hoseok and Jimin are watching BTS performance videos.

Jimin turns to Jennie, “Oh hey, you’re finally up?”

“Yeah,” Jennie replies shortly.

“Good, because your head was kinda heavy.”

“What?”

“You were leaning your head on my shoulder for a while, but my arm was starting to go numb so I shifted your head to rest on Yoongi-hyung’s shoulder. I thought you’d for sure wake up then, but you didn’t.”

“Just end me,” Jennie says with her face back in her hands, mumbling her words.

The bus stops and the driver announces that they’ve arrived at their destination. Outside, multiple camera men are waiting to film them. One by one, the group exits the bus and lines up in front of the building.

“Isn’t this a pasta restaurant?” Jimin asks, staring back at the restaurant behind them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter