2.02 Big Brother: First Nominations

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who wants to see my HOH room~?” Rose called out to the rest of the house as she stepped out of the diary room. It was the day after the HOH competition and the Head of Household room was decorated for Rose.

Collectively, the houseguests followed Rose up the winding stairs up to the largest room of the house. When Rose was sure they were all there, including Yoongi, she unlocked the door. First, the theme of her room was clearly a baby-pink theme. Inside the room, there was the queen-sized bed with baby pink sheets and pillows mixed with some white ones. The corner couch was a three seater on one side and five on the other side. Like the bed, the entirety was a baby-pink colour with white couch pillows. The glass table in front of it had a large gift basket with treats and an ipod for music (specially selected by Rose).

The bathroom was enormous, as expected. There was both a tub and a shower. Unlike the bedroom, however, it was a chic black and white design. Nothing to scoff at though.

Along the dressers and bedside tables were photos from Rose’s childhood with her family or with old friends. Some Black Pink photos were spread around as well. While the houseguests took a look through her photos, Rose immediately went for the gift-basket to find the letter from home.

“Who’s it from?” Taehyung asks, plopping himself onto the comfy bed and facing the couch. Rose had taken a seat on it after retrieving the letter, indicating for the others to come sit around while Rose reads the letter aloud.

“It’s from Alice, my sister,” Rose announces, her eyes already glazing over with tears. She fans herself with the letter and says, “I’ll try not to cry but I make no promises.”

The letter reads:

‘Dear Rosie,

‘So you won the first Head of Household huh? Didn’t expect anything else!! I’d tell you that you have to make the family proud, but you’ve already done it.

‘We miss you back here and can’t wait for you to come home. It must be harder for you in there, but just know the whole fam is cheering you on from our living room. Dad, out of all people, has been the one glued to the television, anticipating when you’ll be on.

‘We love you so much Rosie Posie, bring home the gold! We missue tissue ;)

‘Alice’

As Rose pouts and wipes at her tears, Jennie faces one of the cameras in the corner of the room and proclaims, “Don’t worry Alice, we’ll take good care of her here.”

Jisoo pats Rose’s head while Lisa looks through the gift basket for some candies to snack on. Since they’d explored the room, and heard the letter it seemed like an appropriate time to exit.

“Does anyone want to go check out the backyard? They’d just opened it for use,” Taehyung suggests, “I wanna swim in the pool.”

Jin taps on Jungkook’s arm, “Wanna spot me while I bench-press?” (Gym lingo is so awkward blegh)

Jungkook glances at Rose, a little hesitant about leaving her. He wanted to talk game with her, but seeing as there are so many people around that seems a little impossible. They have all day to talk, but tomorrow is the nomination ceremony, and Jungkook wants to get a good idea on where Rose’s heads at; and he knows he’s not the only one.

And, of course, he hasn’t really gotten to spend any time with her romantically either, which leaves their relationship outside of the game at a weird spot.

But, since he’s gotta keep a low-profile, he nods and accepts Jin’s invitation to work out. The three boys head down, along with Lisa who’s also interested in going for a swim. Yoongi excuses himself, followed by Hoseok, then Jisoo who says she wants to get back to eating her lunch. Jennie decides to give the bathtub jacuzzi a try, leaving only Namjoon, Jimin, and Rose in the room.

[Namjoon DR: This is it, a chance to speak with Rose. After overhearing Yoongi the other day, it makes me question Rose’s loyalty immediately. I can’t trust her if she’s working with Jungkook, so I have to make sure I put him on her radar. And if not, I need to confirm my suspicions that her loyalty lies with Jungkook over the Five Star Alliance.]

“So, how are you feeling?” Namjoon asks Rose. Jimin has taken the iPod and is shuffling through her music while laying in the bed but still remaining alert to the conversation.

Rose sighs, “I don’t know. I’m glad I won the competition but now I’m just starting to realize the responsibility of putting up nominations, and I’m kind of at a loss on who to put up.”

“That’s fair…” Namjoon responds, then throws around some names as suggestions. “I mean you could always nominate Hoseok and Jin because they were the first to fall off the planks.”

“Well, technically they were the second and third, and I’m not about to nominate Jennie.” Rose says.

Namjoon takes this dismissal as a chance to go for the bigger fish, “What about... Jungkook and Yoongi? Yoongi could be placed up there as a pawn to get Jungkook out?”

Rose her head, “I don’t know, is it time to do that yet? I don’t quite want to put that kind of target on my back and have Jungkook come for me.”

“I guess your pool of selections is quite small, huh?” Namjoon tests, trying to make sure Rose will stick with the Five Star Alliance idea.

Rose pops a skittle in and responds while counting on her fingers, “Well the only people I can put up are Yoongi, Jungkook, Taehyung or Jin.”

Feeling relieved at that response, Namjoon lays off the questions. He knows if he pushes forward anymore, it’d be too aggressive, and at least he was able to hear what he was looking for. So he smiles encouragingly at Rose and says, “Well whatever decision you make you know you have the Five Star Alliance to rely on, right?”

Rose agrees, “Yeah, now it just comes down to who exactly will be nominated.”

“I’ll let you think it over alone, but if you need to talk to anyone about it I’ll just be downstairs,” Namjoon says while departing.

[Jimin DR: “Alone”? Hello, I’m still in the room. Namjoon, am I just a joke to you?]

[Rose DR: Oh Namjoon. For some reason he seems to think my win is his win and that he can control me into doing his bidding. It’s quite frustrating, and quite honestly, makes him more of a target to me than any other houseguest -- alliance or not.]

A few moments after Namjoon disappears, Jimin lists out a couple of songs to play.aloud. Rose hops onto the edge of the bed and crosses her legs, picking a song for him to play. Jimin can see Rose zoning out as she absentmindedly sways to the music, looking vacantly at the wall and popping a skittle into every so often.

Jimin waves a hand in her line of vision to break her from her trance, “You okay, Rose?”

Rose sighs, “I’ve got a lot to think about.”

Jimin nods, “Well then let’s not think about the game right now, if it helps you distress.”

Rose scoffs, “Kind of impossible.”

Jimin points to one of the framed photos where a young, middle school Rose is smiling at the camera with a mouth full of braces and a bunch of rowdy friends around her, all of them dressed in their school uniform. “Tell me about that picture.”

Rose’s expression softens and she explains, “That was maybe the eighth grade? Class field trip to some science centre.”

“I’m sensing that the guy on your right was your crush?” Jimin teases.

Rose laughs, “We don’t talk about that oh my God.”

“Oh we definitely talk about that!” Jimin bounces up and urges Rose to reveal her story of her childhood crush named Ryan who was interesting in another girl in the class -- of the girls Rose wasn’t very close with but one that was super sweet which made it hard to hate her. It’s a whole love story, that ends up taking almost an hour to explain. As Rose reaches the end, there’s a light tap on the bedroom door b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter