1.07 - The First Secret Mission

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Y'all I am sooooo proud of this chapter! It contains a little bit of everything, so all y'all thirsty Rosekook, Lizkook, Taelice, Jirose, Namjen, Yoonie, Jinsoo shippers can all have your thirsts quenched (I mean that light-heartedly!) (NO VSOO FOR TODAY TT but maybe in future chapters ;))

“Unnie, what the heck was that back there?” Jennie interrogates. After the live show, the girls head out of the studio the opposite direction of the boys. When it seems clear, Jennie tugs Jisoo’s arm back to question her.

Rose crosses her arms next to Jennie and says with concern, “What is happening with you and Jin oppa?”

“I don’t know, but I’m over it,” Jisoo states matter-of-factly. “I don’t know why he’s ignoring me, it’s not like I did anything wrong.”

“Keep it up and the viewers will notice. Do you know how bad that will reflect on the program and the group?” Jennie asks, exasperated at the situation.

“Hmm, I don’t know,” Lisa says, standing next to Jisoo while scrolling through her phone, reading the comments on their recent broadcast. “All the comments seem really positive. There’s, ‘I’m glad to see male and female idols getting along’, ‘only Black Pink could bring out these sides in our dorks’, ‘they all look so happy, as long as they are then I’ll support this program’, etc. There are no negative comments at all, which is quite surprising.”

“Whatever, just fix this mess before it gets out of control,” Jennie advises just as their manager ushers them out.

“We’re home~” Lisa announces as the girls enter the dorm. Namjoon strains his neck from over the couch’s armchair to peak at the girls, waving his hand and giving them a small smile in greeting.

“Where’s everyone else?” Rose asks.

“Am I not enough?” Namjoon jokes, holding his hand to his chest in mock hurt.

“Do you really want to hear the answer to that?” Yoongi asks as he enters the main foyer. He glances at the girls and nods his head in greeting before ripping the bag of chips from Namjoon’s hands and heading back to his room.

“What’s he doing?” Jennie asks referring to Yoongi. She takes a seat on the other end of the couch, turning her attention to the screen where a re-run of Friends is on.

“Most likely composing. Hand me the bowl of popcorn?”

Instead of doing that, Jennie lifts the bowl onto her lap and throws a popped kernel at Namjoon’s face. When it bounces off his cheek, Jennie laughs, “You better catch it otherwise you can’t eat.”

“Hey, that’s totally unfair, your arches just ,” Namjoon complains, earning an un-popped kernel to the forehead. “Ow!”

“Oh, whoops, guess it’s not just my arches but my aim as well.” Jennie shrugs innocently.

The episode long forgotten, Jennie and Namjoon continue playing with the popcorn. Leaving the two, the other three girls head up to the kitchen where they find Jimin, Jungkook, Hoseok and Taehyung snacking on laver while Jin is preparing ramen.

“Laver?!” Lisa exclaims, rushing to take a seat next to Taehyung. He peeks at her as she stares at his package of laver with wide eyes, swallowing at the sight. Taehyung smiles and pushes the package between the two of them. Lisa gasps and clasps her hands together while saying, “Thank you oppa!” before diving into the package.

“Rose, you want some?” Jungkook offers.

Rose, who was still standing at the top of the stairwell meets his gaze and gets the message that he isn’t just offering to be nice, he really wants her to join, so she shrugs and says, “Sure.”

Jisoo walks up behind Jin who’s focused entirely on the pot on the stove. She doesn’t say anything, but leans against the counter only inches away from Jin. She watches him cook then counts the bowls on the counter waiting to be served. Eleven. A smile pushes its way onto her face, “I guess you don’t hate me enough to let me starve, huh?”

Without looking at her, Jin responds, “What are you talking about? The eleventh bowl is to take down to the receptionist, obviously. Can’t let him go hungry after his long 8 hours of work.”

Jisoo hits Jin’s arm and says, “Yah! The receptionist already went home and switched shifts, we said bye to him as we came in.”

“Is that so? That’s fine, I was worried there wouldn’t be enough to give the cashier at the grocery store. It must be torture to be surrounded by food all the time but never be able to have some yourself.”

Jisoo sighs, playing along, “When you put it like that then we should just give her the whole pot, right? She must have some kids at home.”

“Whoa slow down - I also have some kids at home,” Jin claims, tilting his head towards the dining table where Jungkook and Taehyung are whining about being hungry and for Jin to hurry so they can eat.

Jisoo laughs, a genuine one when she sees Jin actually smiling at her. “Is there anything I can do to help?”

“Nope, it’s all done. Hear that you younglings? Your food is done!” Jin calls out to the boys sitting at the table. Despite telling her she can’t help, Jisoo doesn’t listen to his nonsense and instead grabs a noodle ladle to scoop out the noodles while Jin pours the soup in the bowls.

“Unnie, is there juice in the fridge?” Lisa asks with a mouth full of laver.

“If there is then you can grab some for everyone, right, maknae?” Jisoo asks sweetly, smiling just as sweetly at the younger girl. Lisa pouts but gets up from her comfortable position and heads to the fridge, lazy and disinterested. However, when she opens the cupboards where they keep their cups, she finds an envelope.

“What the heck?” Lisa mutters, taking out the pink card from within the black envelope to read,

"Hello lucky housemate! You have just found a Secret Mission!
Inside this envelope, other than this card, are photos of your fellow housemates. Pick a photo and that member will become your partner for this mission.
If you can successfully get all the housemates to sing along together, you will be rewarded. If the mission is not completed in three hours, you will suffer a consequence.
Good luck!
-Lee PD"

“What the heck am I gonna do?!” Lisa whisper yells, making dramatic facial expressions to the camera that’s hanging off the wall and is focused on her. She pulls out a random card to find herself staring at BTS’s fellow maknae, Jeon Jungkook. Trying not to show too much of a reaction, Lisa holds the card up for the camera to peek at.

“Yah! Lalisa! How long are you going to take?” Jisoo scolds, taking a seat at the dining table where all eleven bowls have been placed.

“I was just trying to decide between mango juice and pineapple juice, unnie,” Lisa lies, picking up the two bottles she’d placed on the counter.

“Mango!” Rose exclaims immediately, to which Jimin grimaces.

“Ew,” He says, a shiver of disgust running down his spine.

“Ew?!” Rose looks shocked, staring at Jimin with wide eyes.

“Mangoes are nasty,” Jimin comments, shaking his head at the thought of ingesting the juices of his hated fruit.

“Hyung, you’re the one who’s nasty,” Jungkook defends, taking another piece of laver, then offering one to Rose.

“Yah, this kid thinks he can speak to me like this,” Jimin says, more to Taehyung than anyone else.

Taehyung shrugs, “You either get used to it or suffer.” Jimin groans, thinking again about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter