1.29 - Part 2 of Channel Switch - Hello Baby Edition: WE

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s not so bad, it’s not so bad,” Hoseok chants, adjusting a fresh diaper onto Chanhyun after changing him of his old one. “Right, Chanhyunie?”

“Hoseok?” Yoongi calls into his own room, looking to the corner where Chanhyun’s changing station has been set up next to his crib.

“What is it, hyung?” Hoseok asks, dressing Chanhyun back into some clothes.

“I need your help.”

Hoseok raises a brow, his curiosity peaked. “What do you need?”

“Whose idea was it to come here in such cold?!” Taehyung demands, breathing on his cold, mitted hands. The housemates all bundled up and came to Namsan Seoul Tower for dinner at the fancy restaurant inside the building, all on Hoseok’s request. Because of the location, the housemates have dressed in formal attire. Now they're climbing their way up the steps to the tower, frantic to reach the heat of the building.

“And to bring the baby, too!” Jimin adds, exasperated.

Hoseok slaps the two of them on their stomachs discreetly so the girls don’t notice from the front of the line, “Well what else were we supposed to do with it?”

“Leave it behind with Yoongi,” Jin suggests.

“Just because Yoongi managed to keep it alive for a few hours this morning doesn’t mean he can do it again.” Hoseok says, knowing the boys don’t believe his words. Hoseok is trying to play coy, but it’s clear there’s a reason why Yoongi chose to forego this excursion.

Jungkook questions in a low enough voice to only be heard by the boys, “What’s up with Yoongi hyung?”

Hoseok grins smugly before wiggling his eyebrows at s, “Well boys, looks like we don’t have to work too hard to get our friends back together. It might be easier than we think. I’ll explain later, but first I think it’s more important for me to explain to one of the girls what’s up so the plan can really get into action.”

While Hoseok contemplates his options, the rest of the boys look to one another in confusion. Although Hoseok won’t say the words outright, they’re catching onto what he’s saying, mostly. Finally, Hoseok decides the best option to tell would be Jisoo, since she has the most influence over Jennie. Nodding his head in satisfaction of his choice, Hoseok waves to Jin, “What’s Jisoo’s number?”

Jin groans, “First Taehyung, now you?”

Hoseok clicks his tongue with impatience, “If you weren’t my hyung, I’d slap your head. Don’t question it, trust me.”

Jin pouts and grumbles but gives Hoseok Jisoo’s number. Immediately Hoseok gets to work, explaining to Jisoo that at some point during the night he’ll ask her to send Jennie home somehow.

Jisoo: How am I supposed to do that without starting a fight?

Hoseok: You have some time to figure it out, so please think of something! It’s urgent! I don’t have time to explain everything but trust me, it has to do with a relationship we’re trying to fix.

Jisoo: I can’t object then, can I?

Hoseok: Can I count on you?

Jisoo: You made the right choice coming to me, is all I have to say.

“Yah, J-Hope, are you flirting with my girlfriend?” Jin accuses lightheartedly as he reads the conversation right next to Hoseok.

“We’re here!” Hoseok announces, ignoring Jin, once they’ve reached the spot he’d been searching for. It’s the famous Place Dining restaurant, the one with the love-locks on its roof terrace. He addresses the entire group when he says, “I booked a private room for us.”

The group follow the waitress leading them to the said room. Conveniently, just as Hoseok takes his seat around the large table, his phone vibrates. He pulls the phone out of his pocket to read a text from Yoongi.

Yoongi hyung: If you send her home now, she should be back in time.

As if Yoongi can see his reaction, Hoseok nods. Then, he gets to work and texts Jisoo.

Hoseok: Now.

He watches as Jisoo checks the message. She looks over at him across the table and nods in understanding. Hoseok turns away as though it never happened and asks Namjoon next to him, “Did you ask for a baby seat for Chanhyun?”

When the waitress walks over to ask what they would like for beverages, Jisoo immediately perks up, “Can I please get a Raspberry Sgroppino?”

The waitress blinks at her, “Oh, before your meal?”

Jisoo nods vigorously, “And please make it quick. I’m parched.”

“Would you like a cup of water while you wait?” The waitress asks.

“No, no,” Jisoo declines. “Just the Raspberry Sgroppino will do. Please hurry.”

When the waitress moves on to grab the others’ orders for drinks, Jennie leans over to Jisoo next to her, “Unnie, why are you drinking before we eat?”

Jisoo shrugs, “Why not?”

Jennie looks at her incredulously, finding the action odd. However, it isn’t enough to make her suspicious. She turns back to the menu and contemplates what to order, “Oh, this filet mignon sounds good.”

Jisoo perks up at the sight of the waitress arriving with the drinks a few moments later. She waits in anticipation for the waitress to get to her. The waitress stands between Jennie and Jisoo and carefully hands the cup to Jisoo, who smiles graciously but purposefully fumbles with the cup, dumping it on Jennie’s lap.

“What the hell!” Jennie shouts, jumping out of her seat and pushing the cup off her, but it’s too late, the damage is done. The Raspberry Sgroppino has stained her white dress. Jennie holds her hand to her forehead in disbelief, “This dress cost a fortune!”

“I’m so sorry, Jennie!” Jisoo apologizes, trying to best to sound genuine. “Is there a way to get it out?”

Jennie scoffs, “Oh yeah, because there’ll be a dry-cleaner here in this restaurant. Unnie!”

“What are you going to do?” Rose asks.

“You should just go home,” Hoseok suggests bluntly.

Jennie groans, “Well it’s not like I can stay here looking like this. I have alcohol all over me.”

“You can’t just go home!” Lisa protests.

“You think I’m going to sit through dinner like this?” Jennie looks down at the large stain in disgust, “Oh God. I need to go before anyone sees this.”

“Unnie,” Lisa pouts. “We can all just go home if-”

“This reservation took a very long time for me to get,” Hoseok lies. “I’m sorry to Jennie, but I think we should stay.”

Jennie nods, “No, I agree. I guess I’ll just get some take-out.”

“I’m sorry, Jennie,” Jisoo apologizes again.

Jennie sighs, “It’s fine. But you owe me, so bring home garlic bread.”

Jisoo smiles to Jennie as the younger girl puts her jacket on and heads for the exit. Jisoo says cheekily, with a hidden meaning, “It’s the least I can do.”

Hoseok snickers and waits for Jennie to exit his sight before whipping out his phone to text Yoongi.

J-Hooooooope: Success. She’s headed home.

Yoongi hyung: Thank you. Really.

J-Hooooooope: Thank Jisoo lololol

Yoongi’s eyebrows crinkle in confusion as he reads Hoseok’s text. It doesn’t matter though, just as long as the plan is running smoothly. He throws his phone onto his bed and opens the door to his closet. He finds his most expensive suit, Georgio Armani, and quickly changes out of his sweats and sweater with the apron on top. He’d spent the last two hours cooking up a western style, five-course meal. How Hoseok managed to keep everyone out of the house for two hours to allow him to do so, he’ll never know. Hopefully he’ll keep them away just a while longer.

After dressing into his best clothing, Yoongi looks at himself in the mirror, straightens his hair then stares at himself. With a sigh, he says to himself, “You can do this.”

With a nod to affirm himself, Yoongi leaves the washroom and climbs his way up the stairs, pleased with his setting. Hopefully it’s enough.

About twenty minutes later, Jennie opens the front door. She slips her jacket off and hangs it in the coat closet, too caught up wondering how she’ll clean her dress and what she’ll have for dinner to notice anything out of the ordinary. She hadn’t even thought of having to be alone in here with Yoongi.

It’s not until she smells the scent of food and spices that she becomes aware of her surroundings. On the ground, there is a trail of chocolates, clearly meant to lead to something. Jennie picks up the letter in front of the first chocolate and reads it.

Follow the trail, Jennie.

Jennie stares at the letters. Just stares. She knows the handwriting is Yoongi’s. What is she supposed to do? She contemplates heading to her room and ignoring the message. It’s probably what she should do. Besides, she needs to change out of this dress and take a shower to clean off the alcohol that seeped through it and stuck itself to her skin.

But…

Yoongi’s not one to do things like this. Maybe she should hear him out.

Finally, Jennie takes cautious steps, following the trail slowly up the stairs, guided by the delicious aroma just as much as the chocolates.

When she reaches the top of the stairs she notices that the large dining table has been replaced by a nicely decorated table for two. Next to it, Yoongi is dressed handsomely, watching her. She looks to the side at the kitchen island. On it, are meals placed in hot dishes, ready to be served hot whenever.

She asks, f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter