1.24 - Choosing Friendship

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are Lisa and Taehyung?” Jisoo asks after taking a look around the dining room. There’s Jin, Jungkook and Jimin in the kitchen fooling around, Hoseok and Yoongi having a conversation while eating their plates of fruit, Namjoon sitting next to them on his phone, then Rosé and Jennie sitting next to her.

“I think they went downstairs a few minutes ago,” Jennie answers, taking a bite of her slice of apple. “Who knows what that could be about.”

“Ho ho!” Jisoo cheers, holding her hand over , “Is our maknae finally confessing?”

Jennie joins the elder girl in the teasing. Rosé tries to calm them down by saying, “Unnie, Lisa isn’t even here for you guys to tease.”

“Well just wait until she is,” Jisoo says, “We won’t go easy on her.”

The girls continue to discuss the gossip. In the kitchen area, Jin is laughing at Jimin who mistook a butter knife for a serated one, and is cutting bread with it. Amidst the laughter from Jimin and Jin, Jungkook turns his attention to the tall girl sitting at the table. He excuses himself and approaches her, his eyes set on her alone. Even when the two older girls turn their attention to him, he stares at Rosé until she notices him standing at the table.

Clearing his throat, Jungkook says, “Excuse my interruption, but Rosé? You had something you wanted to discuss?”

Rosé blinks in surprise but nods, “Oh, yes, excuse me, unnies.”

Jennie and Jisoo watch as Rosé rises from the table and walks around to stand next to Jungkook before the two head downstairs. Jisoo leans over to ask Jennie, “What is this? Another confession?”

“Our maknaes are growing up!” Jennie wipes a fake tear before laughing with Jisoo.

Jimin having witnessed the same thing is not so cheery. He leans against the counter and watches the pair head down the stairs. When Jin notices the change in his attitude, he looks over to see the two maknaes and sighs sadly. Jin places a comforting hand on Jimin’s shoulder, “You gonna be okay?”

Jimin sighs, “I already knew this would happen. It always has to be Jungkook, doesn’t it?”

Jin scoffs in understanding before nudging Jimin’s arm, “Yah, Jungkook is a very, very, lucky guy in every way, but it’s not his fault. We can’t despise him for being alive, you know.”

Jimin clenches his jaw, “I know. But just this once, I was hoping it would be me.”

“Hey, you’re Park Jimin,” Jin begins his motivational speech, causing Jimin to groan but laugh at Jin’s antics. Feeling excited, Jin makes wild gestures as he says, “You’re a y… puppy! Yeah! So cute but dangerous. You dance better than a lot of people! And by that I mean you dance better than RM. I’m probably better than you but that’s besides the point.” Jimin is in hysterics, wiping at his eyes while Jin continues, “Your high notes shatter glass, okay? I don’t know if that’s a good thing — I mean of course it’s a good thing! Hahaha…” Jimin clicks his tongue and pushes Jin’s shoulder. Jin quits jumping around and turns serious as he says, “You have so much to offer someone. Rosé, she’s a sweet girl, but she’s not the only girl in the world. One day you’ll meet someone who only has eyes for you and truly loves you in a way she can’t love anyone else.”

Jimin nods, choking up. He groans as tears slip out but he grins at Jin, “Thanks, hyung.”

Jin smiles and nods before being engulfed by Jimin. Jin pulls free and says, “Okay, now finish making me this sandwich, you little brat!”

Jimin laughs, going back to cutting bread with his butter knife, causing the two to fall to the floor in laughter.

“They seem to be having fun,” Jennie points out to Jisoo.

Jisoo looks to where her boyfriend has fallen to the ground, laughing wildly. She watches with a smile as he and Jimin begin wrestling, the whole time they’re both complaining they can’t breathe and their stomachs hurt from laughing. Jisoo turns back to Jennie and asks, “I wonder if you feel the same way when you look at Yoongi as I do when I look at Jin.”

Jennie laughs, “Are you kidding? You guys are goofy, we’re not. Of course the way I feel about Yoongi is different than the way you feel about Jin.”

Jisoo shrugs with a goofy grin, “What a shame.”

Jennie rolls her eyes. After she does so, her eyes land on Namjoon, staring at his phone screen with a similar goofy grin as Jisoo. In curiousity, Jennie leans forward, “Oppa? What are you doing?”

Namjoon jumps from the sudden attention. He turns his phone screen off as he looks at Jennie, “Oh, nothing.”

Jennie shakes her head, not buying it. “Oppa… Is there a special lady in your life? Huh?”

Namjoon blushes but turns away, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Jisoo gasps, “You totally do, don’t you?”

“Oh come on oppa, tell us!” Jennie urges excitedly, “We want to congratulate you!”

Namjoon sighs and still refuses to look at the two but he confesses, “Maybe there’s a girl.”

“Oh my god!” The two girls shriek.

“Who’s the lucky lady?” Jennie teases.

Namjoon hides his face with a hand and says, “Guys come on, no more questions. It’s not even anything. She can’t date. And even when she technically can date, she won’t date.”

Jisoo turns to Jennie and says, “It’s Twice’s Chaeyoung.”

“Oh my god,” Namjoon jumps up out of his seat.

“I’m right?! I’m right!” Jisoo cheers.

Namjoon groans and clicks his tongue, “Please don’t say anything. I gotta go before you learn too much.”

“You know, we could always pull a few extra strings,” Jennie wiggles her eyebrows at Namjoon, “Maybe put in a good word or two?”

Namjoon blushes, “You can do whatever you want.” Then, to escape the conversation, he makes a motion at his empty plate and goes to refill it.

“Awe, that makes me happy,” Jennie says with a sigh.

“Yah! Where are you going?” Jisoo calls out to Jin as the older boy and Jimin head for the stairs.

“We’re gonna have a sleepover in my room,” Jin responds. “Unfortunately, none of you are invited.”

“Hey, that’s my room, too!” Namjoon complains.

“Ohhh,” Jimin and Jin say awkwardly before Jin shrugs, “ to .”

Namjoon clicks his tongue as the two boys giggle their way downstairs. He turns to Hoseok and says, “I guess I’m rooming with you tonight.”

“Well, I’d say it’s time for bed,” Hoseok announces, getting up from his seat.

“I’m coming with you,” Namjoon declares, following his same-age friend downstairs.

Yoongi rises from his seat and stretches before saying, “I’m getting tired, so I’m heading down. Goodnight, ladies.”

The girls bid him a goodnight and he leaves. Jennie sighs, “And then there were two.”

Jisoo gasps with excitement, “Let’s have a sleepover!”

Jennie laughs, “Okay fine.”

“Yes! It’ll be way better than Jin oppa and Jimin’s!” Jisoo cheers, dragging the younger girl down the stairs with her.

When Jungkook opens the door to his room, he’s surprised to see Lisa and Taehyung already occupying the space. When Rose peeks into the room, she gives a small gasp, “Omona! Am I seeing right?”

Jungkook looks at Rose in amusement, “Omona?”

Rose whines and shoves Jungkook’s arm, “Don’t make fun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter