1.26 - Something Ominous, a Disaster

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie wakes up dazed and confused. This isn’t her room. She bolts upright and mistakenly lands a hit on something next to her, causing the said thing to groin at the sudden attack. Jennie shrieks slightly then looks to her side to see Yoongi looking annoyed at his disturbed peace. She looks around the room and realizes she had fallen asleep on his bed. Peeking at the camera in the corner of his room, she asks, “Did we…? In front of the cameras?”

“No,” Yoongi responds groggily. He turns to his side and lazily adds, “After you drank half a bottle of wine you started complaining about not wanting to sleep alone, since Jisoo was out of the house. I let you fall asleep in here but this is my bed and I'm far from bashful, so I joined you later.”

Jennie smirks and leans down to whisper in Yoongi’s ear, “That’s too bad, something about the idea was y.”

Yoongi scoffs but doesn’t open his eyes, “If I had to choose between y and my career, I’d pick the latter.”

Jennie frowns, “Yeah, I know, obviously. I was just saying to get a reaction.”

Yoongi turns to look at her. With a raised brow, he asks, “What are you looking for?”

Jennie shrugs, “It doesn’t matter. Go to sleep.”

She rises from the bed, realizing she’d fallen asleep in her dress. With a groan and heavy steps, Jennie leaves Yoongi’s room. He watches her leave, unsure of whether or not to stop her. What could be the matter?

Jennie would have gone straight to her room to clean up if she hadn’t noticed the front door opening slowly. She peeks into the foyer to see Jisoo and Jin sneaking their way inside, giggling to one another and whispering to not get caught.

“How was you guys’ night?” Jennie asks, causing the pair to jump, caught red-handed. Jennie crosses her arms and smirks at Jisoo, and the older girl rolls her eyes, knowing the teasing would commence soon after.

“It was amazing." Jisoo answers.

Jisoo digs her elbow into Jin’s side when he turns to snicker, “'Amazing', huh?”

Jisoo takes a look at Jennie's disheveled appearance and adds, "Yours seems to have been a little rough, though.”

Only then does Jennie realize the television screen is on and displaying a message. Quickly, Jennie calls out to the rest of the house, “Guys! I think we have a new mission!”

One-by-one the housemates enter the living room to read the message on the screen. For now, the only thing being displayed is a notice. Perhaps they are waiting for everyone to be in the living room before showing the message. Realizing this, Namjoon calls out towards the bedroom hallway, “Yoongi hyung! Get up here!”

An audible groan is his response. While Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jin and Jungkook go to retrieve the sleeping member, Rose approaches Jimin. She smiles nervously and greets, “Hi…”

Jimin smiles back, nodding slightly and greeting, “Hi…”

“I never got to give you this last night, but this is for you,” Rose holds out a wrapped present to Jimin, whose eyebrows raise in surprise.

“You really didn’t have to,” Jimin says, carefully unwrapping the gift.

“It’s not anything big, sorry,” Rose says, watching intently for Jimin’s reaction. “But I saw this, and thought maybe you’d like it.”

“Wow!” Jimin exclaims, holding up a silver dog tag with a rose encrusted in the corner. “This is great! Thank you!”

“It was really nothing,” Rose shrugs, responding to Jimin’s outstretched arms by hugging him back. She gives a little sigh of relief at how easy this is, since she didn’t expect it to be.

“I didn’t get you anything,” Jimin says with a hint of guilt and regret.

Rose shakes her head, “I don’t need anything. I’m content with everything already.”

Jimin nods then asks the difficult question, “How did things go with Jungkook?”

“It went well,” Rose answers, feeling slightly cautious about what to say, so as not to hurt his feelings.

Noticing, Jimin says in his best trying-to-be-stern voice, “You know you can share anything with me. Anything that makes you happy and anything that makes you sad. Being reluctant just to save me from stress hurts my feelings a little bit.”

Rose nods gratefully, “Thank you, oppa. I’ll keep it in mind.”

“Ah, hell!” Yoongi curses, ripping his arm out of Namjoon’s grip once they boys have successfully gotten him to rise.

The notice on the television screen changes to reveal the message.

Happy Holidays!
Long time no see, folks. This is to announce the winner of our previous activity. Although we were able to see four completely unique performances, one performance stood out slightly more than the others. The fans have voted and their choice for winners are…
Cypher 5 team!
Congratulations Jennie, Namjoon, and Hoseok! Now, you can choose to share the prize amongst yourselves or with the whole group. It’s up to you. Make your choice first before we reveal the prize.
See you in the next year!
Lee PD

“We won!” Namjoon exclaims and Hoseok cheers. Jennie tries to hide her grin but fails to do so.

“Will you share with us or not?” Yoongi asks, acting disinterested.

Hoseok smirks at Yoongi and teases, “Should we? Hmm…”

“Up to you,” Taehyung shrugs. The other housemates are all following Yoongi’s lead, acting disinterested but low-key sending the winners signals that they’re expecting them to share.

Namjoon sneers, “You guys are shameless, but alright, alright. We’ll share.”

Immediately the message on the screen flashes on.

Head to the sixteenth floor of the building to discover your newly approved access.

“Um? Okay?” The room is filled with a bit of confusion as they migrate towards the door.

“Wait, shouldn’t we change out of our pajamas?” Lisa points out.

They begin looking around at everyone’s unpresentable attire. Noticing Jin and Jisoo’s jackets, Taehyung asks suspiciously, “Where were the two of you headed?”

“More like, where did the two of you come from?” Jennie asks, finding pleasure in her revenge for when Jisoo .

“We were out for a bit,” Jisoo answers simply.

“Are you still wearing your dress from last night?” Lisa observes, wiggling her eyebrows at Jennie who shares the same teasing smirk.

Jisoo blushes slightly, but Rose comes to the rescue, pointing out, “So is Jennie.”

Jisoo gratefully high-fives Rose after seeing the smirks fall off Jennie and Lisa’s faces.

“You girls are too much,” Hoseok states lightheartedly. “Let’s go change and meet back here before heading up.”

“Sounds good to me,” Namjoon agrees, followed by the rest.

As they do, Taehyung slaps a hand on Jin’s back with pride, “Nice!”

Jin scoffs at the action but secretly winks at Taehyung. Taehyung nods smugly, “That’s my hyung.”

“Disgusting,” Jungkook mutters in disapproval of the two boys.

Taehyung sighs before turning to Jungkook, “Somethings you just wouldn’t understand, Jungkookie.”

“Ah, the inexperienced innocence,” Yoongi sighs, joining the fun. The comment causes Jungkook to flush, feeling his ears heat at the tips slightly. Yoongi adds shortly with a smug smirk at Jungkook, “I can’t relate.”

Jungkook rolls his eyes, “Then you’re missing out.”

“No, Jungkook, I think that’s you.” Taehyung says with a shrug. He and Yoongi snicker together light-heartedly.

“Guys, leave him alone,” Jimin says, coming to Jungkook’s defense. His addition to the conversation causes the group to end their teasing and do as Hoseok instructed by changing and getting ready to head upstairs. Jimin turns to Jungkook in the vacant hallway, “You know they’re just saying that all in good fun to tease you, right?”

Jungkook grunts, “Luckily it doesn’t affect me.”

Jimin nods, “Good.”

Jungkook stares at Jimin, wondering if there’s an underlying intention behind him taking so much concern on the matter. He voices his thoughts by assuring Jimin, “I just want to say, you know I’m never going to rush into things with Rose right? I’m not going to pressure her to do something because the guys are pressuring me to.”

Jimin nods again, only this time he does it tensely, “I really hope so.”

“I’m glad you’re looking out for her, though,” Jungkook adds sincerely, “I really appreciate your care, hyung.”

Jimin smiles, “Of course. I’m not gonna be petty here. If I lost my friendship with the two of you over this I would only blame myself.”

“Honestly,” Jungkook whispers so only Jimin can hear his word

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter