1.12 - Part 2 of Channel Switch - We Got Married Edition: Friends with Deep Thoughts

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We Live Together! Production Text Group
Members: Lee PD, Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Jisoo, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Kim Jennie, Manoban Lalisa, Park Chaeyoung, Jeon Jungkook

Lee PD:
Attention Housemates!
Here is a Mini-Mission:
Create a photo/video with your couple (even if you swap later) and the best couple photo/video will be awarded. Submit your entry by uploading it into this group chat.
See you in less than 48 hours,
Lee PD.

“So is this where you hide sometimes?” Lisa asks, twirling around the large, vacant dance practice room. She notices the cameras in the top corners on all four of them and the large speakers sitting on the bottom corners of three of them, the other being prevented by the door.

“You noticed?” Hoseok asks, raising the brightness of the room. The lever allows control over how bright or dim you want the room.

“Hey, I’m offended you think I’m so unaware of my friends’ presence.” Lisa huffs, crossing her arms in front of her chest and tapping her foot. She’s just itching to plug her phone in and get a song going, but she wants to be polite and allow Hoseok to play a song.

Hoseok sighs, doing his own little twirl in the room. “I found this room maybe the third day after we moved in? Since then, this has pretty much become my home.”

“I can understand why!” Lisa exclaims, hanging her denim jacket on the coat rack and beginning a few stretches. She’s glad she wore a pair of leggings and a black tight-fit crop-top today. She’s tries to dress so if she needs to break out into a dance, she can do so. “I mean, it’s kind of unfortunate you feel that way. I just wish you would have shown me this room earlier.”

Hoseok follows Lisa’s lead and begins stretching, “Wouldn’t you have found it weird? Since we’re not very close?”

“No way! Are you kidding?” Lisa plops on the ground and touches her head to the knees of her straight, toes pointed, legs. “I feel like everyone is always thinking too much and too deep.”

“What do you mean?” Hoseok joins her on the ground.

Lisa sighs and lays out her legs and supports herself with the palms of her hands. “I mean, why do we always think about what others think? Why do people let their insecurities prevent them from discovering great things? Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it's hard for some people to not care, but personally, if I start thinking how my actions will make people think I’m weird then I’ll fall into a deep hole of depression. So I don’t think about it. Why would I allow myself to feel sad? I'm glad I can, because I know a lot of people can't, but the thought makes me sad anyway.”

“I know that feeling,” Hoseok nods, “But sometimes it’s an act. You get so used to being happy that no one, not even you, expects you - or even allows you - to be sad.”

“Right?!” Lisa groans and lays down on the ground and rolls around in frustration. “I think you and I care too much about other peoples’ happiness. But the difference between you and me is that I also care about my own… and I’m not quite sure if you care about yours.”

They sit in a comfortable silence until Hoseok snorts and light-heartedly asks, “Why are we talking about this when you said you don’t like deep thinking?”

Lisa laughs, “I have no idea. Play some music and let’s get started!”

Hoseok makes his way to a chord on the wall which connects the music from his phone to the speakers in the room. He scrolls through his song list and asks, “Should we come up with a routine for the mini contest?”

Lisa shakes her head and smiles, “Let’s make it impromptu.” She jumps up and takes his phone from his hands, “I know the perfect song.”

“Do you want boba, coffee, milkshake, smoothie or tea? If you’re feeling extra good today, what about some chai?” Taehyung asks Jisoo while staring at the large menu.

Jisoo tries pulling her hand free from Taehyung’s grip, but his whining causes her to stop. She’s feeling a little overwhelmed from the attention the two of them are receiving from people in the cafe, and holding his hand is making her extremely uncomfortable. No one in the cafe is being discreet with their stares or hiding the clicks from their cameras as they take photos of them.

Tugging on Taehyung’s sleeve, Jisoo asks, “Couldn’t you have picked a less crowded cafe?”

“It’s okay, they see the cameramen, they know we’re filming,” Taehyung assures. However, when he looks to his side and sees Jisoo’s distressed face, he lets go of her hand and places it back into his pocket. He turns to the cashier who’s gazing at him dreamily and orders, “We’ll have a strawberry milkshake, two straws.”

“What? I didn’t-”

“It’s for the couple photo,” Taehyung explains to Jisoo as the cashier rings it through and he pays for the drink. Then she starts preparing the drink immediately. Taehyung clears his throat and adds, “I have an idea for it.”

Jisoo nods and they stand in silence until the drink is ready. For some reason, Jisoo feels guilty about being so against this outing. Taehyung is trying pretty hard, but he’s seemed to have given up now, after seeing Jisoo struggle to enjoy herself.

They walk to an empty booth with the drink in Taehyung’s hand. He sets the drink between them and gives Jisoo a straw and the other he keeps to himself. “We’re gonna do the famous two straw, one drink pose.”

It’s not that Taehyung is feeling bitter at Jisoo’s reluctance, but he has definitely put up his guard. Maybe he feels as though Jisoo has drew a line in the sand and he’s obediently refusing to cross it. The thought makes Jisoo sad to think about.

“Why do you look upset? Do you want to try something else?” Taehyung asks in concern. “Sorry, I should have let you choose what you wanted to drink.”

Jisoo playfully scrunches up her face, “I was wondering why we aren’t drinking tea if this place is named RoyalTEA. Emphasis on tea.”

“Oh, yikes, my bad?” Taehyung puts his hands up in defense. “I’ll order you one after we take the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter