1.18 - Back with a BANG

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: Curses used in this chapter.

“Wow, it’s been a long time, hasn’t it?” Namjoon exhales as he and the rest of his housemates leisurely find spots around the living room to sit.

“It’s like we’ve become strangers,” Lisa jokes, “The atmosphere is so awkward, huh?”

“Well, should we catch up? What have you girls been up to?” Hoseok asks.

The girls look to one another and shrug before Jennie responds, “Jisoo unnie and I played with slime.”

“I’ve been practicing guitar,” Rose answers shyly yet with pride at the same time.

“Lisa? What have you been up to?” Taehyung asks.

Lisa takes a deep breath and shrugs, “Literally nothing. I felt like I was going to die of boredom.”

As if on cue, the television screen lights up to show a new message. Namjoon says, “Looks like you won’t be bored for long.”

Hello Housemates!
Excited to see one another? That’s great! But be prepared to be broken off into groups for our next activity. Last time we asked you to create a video or photo that would best represent your friendship. With the help of the ARMLINKS we have found ourselves a winner. With an astounding 11,934,871 views and 1,308,437 likes your winners of the Channel Switch segment is Lisa and Hoseok! The happy-go-lucky feeling of the video of the two of you dancing freestyle to ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’ was immensely popular and was a clear winner. Your prize is a friendship trip to Jeju Island! Congratulations!
Now, our next activity involves the use of social media as well. Your task as a group is to create a video through a variety of segments. Just like last time, the most popular video will win a prize.
Your groups are:
Jin, Jisoo, Taehyung
Namjoon, Hoseok, Jennie
Rose, Jungkook, Yoongi
Lisa, Jimin
You have 24 hours to prepare before coming back to perform for the rest of your housemates and film for the show. Good luck!
Lee PD

“Um, did he just create a new fandom merging our two fandoms?” Jimin questions.

“Did he just say Hoseok oppa and I are going to Jeju Island together?!” Lisa adds, dumbfounded. “And so causally?! With no other information?!”

“What if it becomes one of those situations where you can give the prize away to another member?!” Jin exclaims.

“Hyung, I’ve always treated you right,” Taehyung says to Hoseok, up immediately. The other members follow suite.

Hoseok bites his lip, “Well… I feel like maybe I should stay back and keep working on my mixtape… Or maybe I should use this as a relaxing break? Lisa, what are you going to do with your prize?”

“I’ve never been to Jeju, so I’ll take the prize.” Lisa answers, grinning in excitement.

Jisoo huffs, lightheartedly saying with a bitter voice, “It’s not special anyway. A trip to Japan, America, or Europe, now that’s intense.”

“I agree,” Jennie adds, “What can you even do in Jeju?”

Lisa scoffs, “All the things I usually do, but in Jeju. That’s the point.”

Meanwhile, Rose, Jungkook and Yoongi have slipped into the hallway to discuss their project.

“What if we do a segment where Yoongi oppa plays the piano, I play the guitar, and Jungkook sings?” Rose suggests.

Yoongi inhales sharply, “I don’t really like that combination. The guitar and piano clash too much. What about a duet sung by you two, and I’ll play the piano?”

Jungkook pokes his tongue against the back of his cheek, “But if we think about views, I don’t think people will want to watch a slow, ballad song. They need to be entertained.”

After a moment of deep thinking by all three, Rose sighs, “It’s the best option I can come up with.”

“Yah, Jungkook, I think a lot of people will want to watch a performance by the two main vocals of our two groups. It’s going to be legendary.” Yoongi says.

Jungkook and Rose look to one another as though asking the other if they want to do it. They both nod, and it’s decided. Their group will be singing.

Jennie pushes off the wall adjacent to the hallway and approaches Namjoon and Hoseok. She shakes her head and says, “This won’t do. Rose’s group is playing on their strengths. They’re going to have a duet by Rose and Jungkook, while Yoongi plays the piano. Now, how the heck are we supposed to beat that?”

“By playing on our strengths?” Namjoon answers, “Why don’t we rap?”

“See, that’s not a bad idea, and I’m not one to be intimidated, but I’m worried we won’t be able to outdo Rose’s team.”

“Well we can’t do dance. I can almost guarantee Lisa and Jimin will do that,” Hoseok inputs.

“Why do you think that?” Namjoon asks.

“They’re practically choreographing it already over there,” Hoseok points his chin towards the two dancers subconsciously moving to the sound of whatever they’re listening to as they share a pair of earphones.

Jennie sighs, “We’ll have to do a murderous rap. Something like Cypher.”

Namjoon chuckles, “Well, Hoseok and I are very experienced. We’re done five of them now.”

Jennie smirks, “Well then let’s work on Cyper 6.”

“They look so scary over there,” Taehyung comments, looking over at the three rappers as they nod their heads mischievously to one another. “It looks like they’ve planned what they’re going to do already.”

“Don’t worry about that, I’ve thought of something for our group.” Jin announces proudly.

“We’re not doing a mukbang,” Jisoo says before Jin can start.

“Why not?” Jin pouts in disappointment.

“Because~ that’s what they expect. But I have an idea.” Jisoo smirks, “Let’s do a mini-drama.”

Taehyung and Jin look to one another in disbelief. Before they can object, Jisoo adds, “Oppa, you majored in acting in university. Taehyung, you acted in a drama. I had a small role in one before too, and I’m taking lessons. We can totally do this.”

“What are we going to make the plot?” Taehyung asks.

“Let’s make it comedic and bad on purpose.” Jin says, laughing at the thought of it.

“Yeah! A cliche drama!” Taehyung agrees.

Each group now seems confident of winning.

24 Hours Later

“Okay, I thought we would be so much more tired preparing for this,” Jennie says in shock as the housemates gather the next night. They decided to move downstairs to the dance studio for more room. Plus, it was more convenient with the equipment and piano already there.

“So, who wants to go first?” Namjoon asks.

“We will,” Lisa nominates herself and Jimin confidently. “We’ll set the bar high for you guys.”

“More like serve as an opening act,” Jennie fires back, causing an uproar from the rest of the housemates. Lisa laughs and admits defeat before getting into position.

The two dancers surprise their housemates by dancing to Best of Me by BTS themselves. It begins with Jimin singing his part to Lisa, coming up behind her and hesitating to put a hand on her shoulder before deciding against it. Then they turn and Lisa does the same before she turns her back on him again and they walk away from one another, looking forlorn as they do. Then they both freeze and dance gracefully to the pre-chorus, slowly moving towards each other. When they meet in the middle, they break out into a synchronized routine to the chorus.

During Namjoon’s rap, Lisa heads to the back, allowing Jimin to perform a solo. Then they switch at Yoongi’s rap. Then they dance together for the pre-chorus and chorus again. Finally, during the bridge, during Jimin’s part, the two of them seem to decide to confess to one another. Leading up to the last chorus, they approach one another and when the line comes to, “You’ve got the best of me!” they point to one another before jumpin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter