2.00 - SEASON TWO

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note to self: Never, EVER update from my phone EVER again.

 

“Give it up for our special guest today, Black Pink!” Kim Gura introduces the four YG ladies as they approach the round table to greet the Radio Star hosts.

Once everyone is settled Yoon Jongshin asks, “So Black Pink is making a comeback after a year of hiatus. Can you tell us about what you’ve been doing in your year of absence and how it feels to be back on stage?”

Jennie answers, “Unfortunately, like you stated, we weren’t able to meet with fans for a year which was really difficult for us. That’s why we worked so hard to prepare good material for this comeback since it’s extra special for us and for the fans.”

“I understand that during your time of absence you were all part of the SBS program, ‘We Live Together!’ with international sensation BTS, what must that have been like?”

Jennie looks to Lisa and nods to her to speak. The maknae smiles politely and answers as formally as she can, “It was a fun yet learning experience for us all, I believe. We were able to fraternize with a fellow idol group and kind of break down stereotypes from the media that male and female groups can’t get along for the sake of the fans. We hope we were able to present a good image.”

“Hold on,” Kim Gura begins, and his fellow co-hosts know he’s about to ask the more controversial questions he’s known for. “Just how was it to actually live in a dorm with seven male idols? And not just any male idols, but the top boy group in the world right now? You can’t tell me that throughout this whole process feelings didn’t develop amongst your mingling groups.”

“It wasn’t like that at all,” Jisoo defends, lying through her teeth. However, the trained actress is able to speak her lines without a mistake. “We truly used this opportunity to bond with BTS, yes, because they are some of the limited people in this world who understands us. BTS is hitting massive success that doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon. And although this may sound arrogant or cocky, Black Pink has also been reaching new levels of success for the industry as well, so it’s hard to find friends who will understand the fear we do. They act as our mentors, in a way.”

“What’s been the reason for the postponement in the production of the show?” Cha Taehyun asks, “I understand your groups haven’t filmed a new episode in two, almost three months?”

The girls nod their head and look to one another to see who will speak for this one. Jisoo encourages Rose too, since she hasn’t gotten the chance yet. Rose purses her lips then answers, “Well these last few months have been busy for both groups. While BTS prepared for their big American comeback, we were focusing heavily on our album. Since both of our groups wanted to focus on our music, our companies decided to postpone any further filming.”

“But you’ve already moved out of the apartment, haven’t you?” Kim Gook-jin inquires.

Rose nods, “Yes, since our old dorm was closer to the YG building, we moved back so that it would be easier for us to reach the studio.”

“What about Chanhyun?” Cha Taehyun jokes.
Rose laughs, “We miss Chanhyun! But it was beyond difficult managing our schedules, and to have to take care of an infant would only be more exhausting. We definitely all called our parents after a long day of filming to thank them for what they went through raising us.”

“Have you kept in contact with the boys?” Kim Gura presses.

“Again, since our schedules have been so busy it’s been difficult to reach out to any of our friends, not just the boys.” Jennie answers.

“Is there any word for whether the show will continue or not? Fans have been waiting impatiently, I hear,” Yoon Jongshin quips.

“Which is very interesting, by the way,” Kim Gura adds, “Because when news about this program first came out, there was a lot of uproar and surprisingly not all of it was bad. Your show has been doing extremely well, especially internationally. Do you know how your fans have been responding to the show?”

“We’re very grateful that our fans are enjoying the show,” Jisoo answers. “We were equally as shocked when we were reading comments that encouraged us. As long as the fans are enjoying whatever entertainment we can provide then we’re happy. As far as the continuation… It’ll have to be discussed between the labels and the production company. There are a lot of things to take into consideration when producing a program such as this.”Moving away from the topic, Yoon Jongshin reads off his script, “Black Pink’s new album is titled Square Up and their title track, ‘Ddu-Du Ddu-Du” recently achieved a perfect all-kill…….”

After the Radio Star filming, the girls pile into their car to head to their next schedule. While sitting in the back, Lisa comments, “I can’t believe it’s been three months already.”

“Have any of you kept in contact with the boys?” Rose asks stiffly, afraid to hear yes.

Jisoo scoffs, “Of course not.”

Jennie simply scrolls through her newsfeed, not taking part in a conversation she’d rather avoid. Of course she hasn’t kept in contact with them, but part of her wonders why Yoongi hasn’t reached out to her? At the very least a congratulatory text for their comeback?

Lisa sighs, “I miss them. All of them.”

“It’s going to be so awkward when we see them at award shows,” Rose realizes. 

“At least we’d get to see them,” Lisa mutters, a slight pout forming on her lips.

“Did you guys see the stupid dating scandal Jin got into?” Jisoo asks in annoyance. The maknaes share a cautious look, knowing Jisoo is going to be on edge about the topic. The eldest girl huffs, “I mean, on one hand he was stupid to do what he did but also what the hell is wrong with the media? Jin was being a good guy and this is what he gets? Gosh. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. … What if he and I had MC’ed together? No, that would have been risky. … By the way! Even if they aren’t dating, why is she using informal language with him?! How close are they?!”

“Unnie,” Jennie says calmly, turning around to speak to the distressed girl, “You getting worked up over him are bad signs. You aren’t supposed to care.”

“Well I do, okay? Ugh, and it .” Jisoo shuts her phone off and opts to stare out the window at the afternoon sunlight instead.

The four girls ride in silence following that outburst, each in their own thoughts until the manager pulls over to a garden/backyard like setting. “We’ve arrived.”

“What are we doing here?” Jennie asks while exiting the van, followed by the others.

“You’ll have to enter the garden to find out.” The manager responds playfully.

“Are you not coming?” Lisa asks.

“Oh no, but I’ll be here to pick you up once the schedule is complete. But I have… something to take care of.”

“Um, okay…” Rose responds. Their manager grins and pulls away, driving off and leaving the girls to fend for themselves.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter