1.05 - Beginning to Bond

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That’s it!” Jennie announces, shutting off the music blaring from the speakers, causing her three fellow members drop to the floor simultaneously. Jennie bends over to catch her breath. Today the group has been practicing nonstop for their upcoming comeback. In order to ensure the dance is perfectly in sync, the four girls have refused to pause their strenuous work out.

“I need to take a nap,” Jisoo whines, rolling over and spacing herself out flat.

“Unnie, I’m only giving us a 15 minute break, then we’re getting back to it.” Jennie says, grabbing her bottle of water.

“15 minutes of sleep is better than 0,” Jisoo retorts groggily with her eyes shut.

“I hope our comeback can be successful,” Rose states worriedly. The other three girls nod along, feeling the same worry. “We have a lot of expectations to meet.”

Lisa crawls to the corner of the room where her phone is. “I wonder what the boys are up to today?”

The girls had left early in the morning, way before any of the boys had woken up, and have been in the YG building all day. It would be a lie to say the girls weren’t curious to know what the boys have been doing at home without them.

“I have Namjoon oppa’s number, should I call?” Jennie asks, reaching for her phone as well.

“When did you get his number, unnie?” Rose questions suspiciously.

Jennie doesn’t look at Rose as she scrolls through her contacts and responds, “While we were on the bus. It’s for moments like these, for when our groups are separated but we want to make sure the house is doing fine.”

“Mhmm,” Jisoo says teasingly, wiggling her eyebrows.

Jennie rolls her eyes, “Don’t tell me none of you asked for numbers as well.”

Jisoo shrugs, “I have Jin oppa’s because he told me to call him if I ever get hungry. Then Taehyung-ssi gave me his because we’re friends(same age).”

“Taehyung-ssi gave you his number?” Lisa asks, surprised.

“Yeah. Why? Do you want it?” Jisoo asks teasingly again.

“Don’t be crazy, why would I want it?” Lisa responds, huffing and turning back to her phone.

“Keke, she’s jealous,” Jisoo teases, “Our maknae is jealous~”

“Stop it, unnie!” Lisa says with a pout. “I’m not jealous!”

“Rose? Did you get any of their numbers?” Jennie asks over the two’s bickering.

“Jungkook gave me his because he wanted to plan a collab sometime.” Rose responds, but doesn’t wait for it to be commented on by continuing, “We should get back to work, it’s starting to get late and I don’t think we should stay out too long.”

“Wait a minute!” Lisa exclaims, getting up into a sitting position. “How come we didn’t know BTS Festa was happening?”

“What?” Jennie asks as the other three girls crowd around Lisa’s phone.

“Yeah! The boys just had their Home Party,” Lisa says, showing the video to the girls.

“But that’s not our dorm,” Jisoo points out.

“It must be their old one,” Rose says.

“Do those boys ever quit?” Jennie asks, feeling exhausted just thinking about the busy schedules the boys must have.

“Makes me wanna get back to practicing,” Rose says, hinting for the girls to put away their phones. With a groan from Jisoo and a complaint from Lisa, the girls are get back to practice.

It’s midnight by the time the girls get home. Upon doing so, they disperse themselves. Rose heads to the washroom to shower, Lisa plops down on the couch, Jisoo heads to the kitchen for a snack, and Jennie heads to the balcony for fresh air.

Jennie  is surprised to find Yoongi already out there, hands on the railing in a white sweatshirt and cut up jeans. He tilts his head to see Jennie enter but doesn’t say anything, and instead looks back out onto the busy nightlife of Seoul.

Jennie shuts the door behind her and comes up next to Yoongi. She lays her chin on the palm of her hand, her elbow on the railing. The cool, night breeze sweeps her hair to the side. Sneaking a glance at Yoongi, she can’t help but wonder what he’s thinking about.

“Are you gonna stare at me all night?” Yoongi asks.

Jennie scoffs, “Don’t get excited. I was wondering why you’re standing out here at midnight all on your own.”

“What, a man can’t have sentimental moments every now and then?”

“Something tells me it happens more than just ‘now and then’,” Jennie responds, to which Yoongi actually smiles to, to her surprise. “Wow, did Agust D just... Smile?”

“Hey, I also smile more than just ‘now and then’.”

“Hard to believe, to be honest.”

They enter back into their comfortable silence before Yoongi asks, “Do you like it here?”

“In this dorm? Yeah, it’s alright.” Jennie responds, changing positions so her back is pressed against the glass and her elbows are perched on the railing. “Not very cozy, but it’s a nice place overall.”

“I mean do you like the fact that it’s a penthouse and despite being a rookie, you’ve already made it to the top?”

Now Yoongi is staring at her and Jennie finds herself staring back. It’s almost hard for Jennie to speak, but she manages to respond, “Yeah. I’m glad. Of course I am, who wouldn’t be? Maybe I missed out on the humble beginning but I’ve had to wait so many years before feeling like my hard work had finally been validated.”

Yoongi nods before looking away. Jennie takes this opportunity to watch his face, and this time he doesn’t seem to mind.

“I have to admit, I’m impressed.” Yoongi says truthfully, once again surprising Jennie.

“Thanks,” Jennie responds awkwardly, not know what else to say.

Suddenly Yoongi slides over so she’s in between his hands that are holding onto the railing. Jennie flinches back a little, feeling her ears ring with nerves as she wonders what Yoongi is about to do. As he begins to lean down, Jennie places her hands on his collar bones, but isn’t resisting the way she wants. Yoongi moves his head next to hers and says, “It’s not easy to impress me,” before pulling back. He turns away and calls out, “Night,” before heading back inside.

Jennie’s eyes remain wide and she blinks rapidly. Her hands still tingle from the sensation of having touched him and feeling him pull away, aching to pull him back. Taking a deep breath, Jennie glares at Yoongi’s retreating figure. He’s gonna pay for that.

Jisoo had a small hope inside of her that she’d find Jin upstairs in the kitchen working on a midnight snack, but to her disappointment, she sees an empty kitchen. Seeing Taehyung seated at the dining table with his phone, Jisoo asks, “Where’s Jin-oppa?”

“He and Namjoon are out, why?” Taehyung answers, looking over his phone at the pretty girl.

“I was hoping he would make a midnight snack,” Jisoo whines, walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter