1.22 - Get Back

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Lisa wakes up before Jungkook. She takes this opportunity to check her phone. She doesn’t have any new messages, but she listens to the voice recording again. And again. Even though she promised herself she wouldn’t, she does it anyway.

“What are you doing?” Jungkook asks in a groggy voice.

Lisa jumps, pulling out her earphones in surprise. She laughs nervously, “Listening to music while waiting for you to wake up. What should we do today?”

“I saw a karaoke bar earlier,” Jungkook responds in the same groggy voice. It’s almost as if he’s sleep-talking.

“I’ll go get ready,” Lisa throws a pillow at Jungkook, earning a grunt from the man in response, “You better be ready by the time I come back.”

Jungkook stirs on the bed after Lisa leaves in an attempt to wake himself up. The sound of an unfamiliar alarm causes him to peek an eye open. Right in front of his eyes is Lisa’s phone, unlocked and open on her messages from Taehyung. Without even meaning to pry, he raises the phone to figure out how to stop the alarm.

He easily turns the alarm off, but realizes what he’s seeing when he sees Taehyung’s contact name on the screen. There’s a voice message sent to Lisa the first night she and Jungkook were in Jeju. He shouldn’t. They have a no technology rule. Then again, she broke it first.

Peeking at his doorway to make sure no one is on their way (especially Lisa coming back for her phone), he plays the message.

“Wow,” is all he can say when he hears his hyung’s heartfelt confession. Scrolling a little higher in their conversation, Jungkook remembers one of the dates they texted. It’s the day he was on the Han Bridge, waiting for Lisa.

She received texts from Taehyung… She flirted with Taehyung… She chose to meet with Taehyung...

Jungkook shuts his eyes, feeling hurt by this discovery. He takes a deep breath and shakes his head to try and rid himself of it. It’s not like today he feels the same way he did on that bridge that day, but still. He places the phone down and reaches for his own. To his surprise, he’s received a message from Rose last night.

Rose: Hi Jungkook, I’m so sorry for not replying to your text or calls. There’s been some stuff happening back here… I don’t want you to worry while you’re on your trip, but your return is highly anticipated. Don’t forget to bring me some sand!

Jungkook sighs, feeling dejected. It’s a relief to finally receive a response from Rose, but it’s hard to know now that while he suffered outside in his emotional state during the rainstorm, Lisa chose Taehyung. Jungkook lost for once, and that’s not something he’s used to.

But he can’t lose Rose. Not because it’s some competition - because it’s not - but because losing Lisa is disappointing. Losing Rose would be devastating. If only he could go home right now, and not later this evening.

“Hey, are you ready? Jungkook,” Lisa crosses her arms, “I thought I told you to be ready by the time I got back. And why are you on your phone?”

Jungkook smiles innocently, acting as though he hadn’t seen all he has while she was gone. “My bad. Give me two minutes.”

Jungkook grabs some clothes to change into and enters his washroom. He speaks between the door, “By the way, you left your phone here earlier.”

“It’s not like I needed it, we have a no technology rule.” Lisa responds, lying on the bed and waiting for Jungkook.

Jungkook pokes the back of his cheek with his tongue, “Mm, right.”

He exits the washroom and grins at Lisa, “Let’s go, shall we?”

It’s snowing in Seoul.

“ me,” Yoongi groans, standing by the balcony doors, staring at the white fluffs falling slowly to the ground. He’s wearing one of Jennie’s pink bathrobes and slippers. He was in such a good mood, he’d even let her take part of his hair and put it into an elastic, creating the apple hairstyle his mother would do to him when he was a toddler.

Jennie clicks her tongue and jokes, “Never satisfied, huh?” She’s in the kitchen preparing the two some breakfast. She’s donning a similar fashion, but her wet hair is dripping down her back.

Yoongi laughs, “That’s not what I meant - but that too.”

Jennie rolls her eyes and places a plate of food on one end of the table and another on the other end. She quickly fills up the food bowls for her dogs then takes a seat at one end of the table before motioning for Yoongi to do the same.

Yoongi complies and thanks Jennie for the food before saying, “I meant the snow. I know it’s December now and the snow is late enough, but does it really need to come?”

“Yes, Yoongi, it does,” Jennie says in a matter-of-fact tone, knowing it irks him when she does, “If it didn’t we would die of global warming.”

“Well, maybe a warm globe wouldn’t be so bad.”

Jennie gasps, “A Christmas without snow is not Christmas!”

Yoongi chuckles, “Okay, that much is true.”

“Hurry and eat, my parents are supposed to be getting here in an hour or two and I’d really rather not have them catch me in here with a boy.”

“You’re a grown woman.”

“Sleeping with a man in their house. Yeah, they’ll be totally fine with that.”

“Good point.” Yoongi takes a bite of his rice, making sure to get some of the steamed egg as well. Obviously it’s delicious. Yoongi continues eating, stuffing his face with some kimchi. He waits until his mouth is empty before speaking, “It’s too bad, you know. When else are we ever going to have such a perfect opportunity to be alone.”

Jennie pauses. Yoongi expects her to hit him or something for making another stupid/erted comment, but she seems genuinely saddened by it. She sighs, “I don’t know.”

“Maybe next time I can take you to my parents’ place instead,” Yoongi jokes. This time, Jennie does hit him.

“This is beautiful,” Jisoo says, staring up at the sky as hundreds of balls of fluff gently make their way down. Jin is standing next to her, watching with a smile. When Jisoo notices his stare, she jokes, “You should probably stop staring at me like that. If any cameras catch you, they’ll know what’s going on.”

“Let them,” Jin boldly states, “I’ll tell the whole world I’m in love with Kim Jisoo.”

Jisoo clicks her tongue, “Oppa, I’ll be eaten alive if you do!”

Jin laughs to himself, “I pictured that literally.”

Jisoo hits his arm but soon finds herself lacing her fingers through his. Jin places his free hand in his pocket while Jisoo uses hers to hold onto his forearm. They’re on their way to My Little Sweets for a early morning coffee during the first snow of the season. Jisoo smiles cutely at Jin and allows him to continue staring at her.

“I’m really happy,” Jisoo says confidently.

Jin grins, “Me too.”

Taehyung stands on the balcony with his hands on the railing. He looks out at the beautiful city being coated in a blanket of white and sighs. He thinks to himself, I really wish I could be watching this with you, Lisa.

“Oppa,” A soft voice says, joining him out there. It’s Rose, but Taehyung doesn’t need to look to know. She stands next to him and looks out at the sight. “I have a question.”

Taehyung clenches his teeth, a little bothered by the fact that he’s sharing this first snow with someone who is not Lisa. It would be better to be alone. But he sets his feelings aside and asks, “What is it?”

“I’m… conflicted. And I think you might be able to help. See, I’m in a situation where I like two guys. One guy… He’s the nicest person in the world and not choosing him would be the stupidest thing in the world because it’s unfathomable. But… The second guy… He’s someone I can’t get out of my mind. No matter what, my thoughts turn to him. I worry about him, I want him. I don’t know what to do, you’ve been in my position, what do I do?”

Taehyung still doesn’t look away from the landscape in front of him. Maybe if he doesn’t look at Rose, then they can’t share this first snow together. But he does answer, “I don’t know if I can help. Both times I liked a girl they were the latter option. I never felt obligated to like either of them, they just filled my thoughts. Plus, one girl was already taken, and I didn’t like them at the same time.”

Rose scoffs, “Well technically I only have one guy interested in me. I received a confession from the first guy, which makes me even more stupid to consider guy number two.”

“It’s not stupid. Listen, if you think you won’t be able to stop these feelings you have for guy number 2, go with him. It’s not fair to guy number 1 if you can’t give him your everything.”

“That’s true, I guess,” Rose sighs, “I just don’t want to hurt him… I don’t want to hurt either of them.”

“In a perfect world you would be able to date them both,” Taehyung jokes. “Or are you not into polyamory?”

Rose grimaces, “That’s not my thing.”

“Hey, polyamorous relationships are great.”

Rose a brow, “Oh? And you know from experience?”

Taehyung laughs and changes the topic, “Jimin is my favourite person in the whole world. I love him to death. But you clearly feel stronger feelings for Jungkook. Please, let Jimin go.”

Rose nods, tears welling up in her eyes, “It’s not like I don’t like Jimin, though… He’s such a dear friend…”

“I’m sure he knows.”

“No, but what I mean is that our friendship means a lot to me too, just like your friendship with him means a lot to you. And Jungkook… I guess there’s a passion there. But I said I would always choose friendship…“

“Before you decide, wait until you’ve seen Jungkook. Make your decision based on that.”

Rose nods, “Thank you, oppa. Oh, and oppa? Lisa will come around. Her heart is weaker than she leads on.”

Taehyung smiles, “I hope so.”

“Slow down, Lisa,” Jungkook advises Lisa who is downing yet another bottle of soju.

“Why?” Lisa slightly slurs her words, standing up and singing to some random song drunkenly. She gets all the words wrong but doesn’t seem to notice. She’s dancing too, but she’s so tipsy Jungkook needs to hold onto her to keep her from falling.

“Lisa, we should end this. Let’s go back to the hotel.”

“Jungkook-ssi,” Lisa takes Jungkook’s face into her hands. She pouts and says, “Kiss me.”

“What? No!” Jungkook takes hold of her wrists and pulls her hands off his face.

“Why not?” Lisa asks, tears welling up in her eyes. “Do you not want to kiss me?”

“No, Lisa, I don’t.”

“Is it because you think I’m drunk? Because I’m not! Look!” Lisa says, sobering up. She walks a steady enough line and turns to Jungkook triumphantly.

Jungkook runs a hand through his hair, “No, it’s not about alcohol, although I wouldn’t kiss you if you were intoxicated eit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter