1.21 - Wrong Place, Wrong Person

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie wakes up early the next morning. For some reason, she feels like something isn’t right. She looks around herself at Jisoo’s peaceful sleeping face and the darkness of the room and tries to go back to sleep. When she can’t, she gets out of bed to grab a glass of water.

“What the heck is happening,” Jennie mutters, running a hand through her hair as she climbs the stairs. She takes out a cup from the cupboard and fills it with water and takes a drink. Turning her phone on, she’s shocked to see so many missed calls and texts from her manager.

Unlocking her phone, she checks her messages and sees the article sent to her by her manager.

[BREAKING] Black Pink’s Jennie confirmed to be in a relationship with producer Teddy!

She nearly chokes on her water. She clicks on the article and reads. The article makes false claims of the pair becoming friendly while Black Pink was preparing for debut. Teddy allegedly even broke up with his girlfriend for her, and was the driving force that got Jennie to debut after all these years. The article ends by congratulating the couple.

The comments are brutal, saying they knew there had to be a reason YG favours Jennie, why Jennie has so many parts, etc. The top comments say, “Jennie is a manipulative girl. She’s using Teddy! He’s so old, but she knows he’ll make her rich. Smh, disgusting”, “I never liked her. This is what corruption in the entertainment industry is”, “Will she still be on We Live Together? They should kick her off, just makes the atmosphere of the show weird”, “Get her off the show! She’ll corrupt our boys!”, “I guess the key to being famous is sleeping with your producer ㅋㅋㅋ is she going to sleep with the BTS members as well for that extra bit of fame? ㅋㅋㅋ”, “ing . Who does she think she is?”.

“Oh my god, oh my god,” Jennie chants, obsessively reading the comments. She finally has enough and gives her manager a call. As soon as her manager picks up, Jennie yells into the phone, “What is happening?!”

“We’re trying to figure it out ourselves, trust me we will get on top of it,” Her manager assures. “This article was posted an hour ago and we’re working hard to remove it.”

“So many people have already seen it! Why does it say it’s confirmed! This is all fabricated!”

“We are planning on taking legal action against the writers of the news article. Right now we’ve been speaking to the producers of We Live Together and trying to sort this out before it gets blown out of proportion.”

Jennie paces back and forth. Her heart is beating rapidly against her chest and she’s beginning to break into a sweat. She runs her hand over her face and says into her phone, “Please be quick to shut this down.” before ending the call. She slumps into a dining chair and holds her head in her hands, unable to believe such a rumour.

“You alright?” The voice startles Jennie. She looks up to see eight sleepy housemates rubbing their eyes. Namjoon says, “We heard shouting and stomping. What’s up?”

Jennie deflates into the chair, “There’s a rumour that I’m dating Teddy and some stupid news outlet said we were confirmed to be dating.”

“Wait, what?” Namjoon comes over and takes a seat across from Jennie.

“I don’t know what to do! The comments are ruthless… I didn’t even do anything wrong.”

“Exactly, you didn’t do anything wrong,” Yoongi says comfortingly. He moves behind her chair and rubs her shoulders, “Your team will prove your innocence and everything will work out.”

“Even though it’s not true, people will still associate me as the girl who allegedly slept with a producer to get famous!” Jennie cries, pushing Yoongi’s hands off of her.

“Unnie it’s going to be okay,” Rosé assures, reaching out and taking Jennie’s hand in hers.

“No, no it’s not!” Jennie rips her hand out of Rose’s and wipes her tears, “I knew something like this would happen. This is just great.”

“This will die down,” Jisoo says, attempting to calm the younger girl. “Trust me, everyone will find this ridiculous. The people commenting that trash know it’s false too.”

“Ugh, you don’t get it!” Jennie exclaims in aggravation, “People already hate me and now this just adds fuel to the fire! Now there are more rumours about me and my image is suffering! No one thinks you were a bully in school or arrogant and conceited, they think the exact opposite of you. Don’t even get me started on the angel image of Rosé! Now I’m known as a self-centered bully sleeping with a producer to be famous. How does that get better.”

When the room is filled with silence with no answer to her question, Jennie scoffs, “That’s what I thought.”

“Yah, Kim Jennie, that’s not fair.” Jisoo says sternly, “I understand you’re upset but we didn’t do anything wrong. Don’t turn your anger on us when we’re the ones trying to comfort you.”

“Well I didn’t ask you to.” Jennie stands from her chair and heads for the stairs. She says spitefully over her shoulder, “You know what? Just leave me the hell alone. All of you.”

“Well ,” Taehyung says when she’s gone.

“Should you go talk to her hyung?” Jimin asks Yoongi.

Yoongi shakes his head, “Let her cool off first.”

“So much for friendship.” Jisoo says bitterly.

Jimin looks to Rosé, who’s biting on her lower lip. He places an arm around her waist comfortingly. She looks to him in surprise but doesn’t push it away, instead she leans a little closer. She whispers to him, “I still think friendship is stronger than love.”

“I guess it’s different for everyone,” Jimin whispers back. “I believe love is stronger than anything else. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have its faults.”

Rosé tilts her head to look at Jimin. His hard stare hits her like a truck and she’s struck speechless. Jimin really likes her. She’s tried to deny the intensity of it but now it’s undeniable. This is an uncomfortable situation, because Rosé doesn’t know where she stands.

“Jimin-ssi, I don’t want to misunderstand, do you… have feelings for me?” Rosé questions in a whisper.

Jimin looks around and responds, “Not here.”

“Come with me,” Rosé leads the two downstairs to her room, ensuring privacy. She shuts the door and turns around to face Jimin who’s standing a few feet ahead.

“I didn’t want to do this like this,” Jimin has a hand on his hip and the other running through his hair.

Rosé looks down, “Sorry… I didn’t mean to force it out of you, but I feel like it would be better for me to know now rather than later.”

“Well Rosé, I don’t know how you expected me not to fall for you,” Jimin takes a few steps forward. “I’ve never met anyone like you. You’re the sweetest, prettiest, most talented girl I’ve ever met. I don’t know, when I’m with you I feel happy. But the thought of you not feeling the same…” Jimin takes Rose’s hands in his, “It hurts. I hate to think I might lose you to... someone else.”

Rosé grips Jimin’s hands tightly, “Thank you. But I think I need time to think things over. I don’t think I can give you a proper response right now.”

Jimin nods, “I understand. But would you be willing to spend the day with me? Maybe it will help you figure things out?”

Rosé bites her lip, “I don’t know…”

Jimin sighs in disappointment, “That’s okay.” Jimin lets go of Rose’s hands and heads for the door. Before leaving he adds,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter