1.14 - Part 4 of Channel Switch - We Got Married Edition: Tender, Love, and Care

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are we going?” Jisoo asks, allowing Jin to lead the way through the rain towards a garden. She’s driven by this garden before, they have wide varieties of beautiful flowers only blossoming in late August - a rare feat. It’s also gated and heavily guarded, which makes Jisoo wonder how he was able to get them in.

Jin leads them through a winding path to a gazebo in the center. Although the scene is quite romantic, with the table set up so nicely with a picnic basket and all, Jisoo can’t help but burst into laughter. “Oppa! This is too cheesy.”

“If only it hadn’t rained,” Jin pouts. Once the two of them have reached the confines of the gazebo, Jin tugs on a hanging rope which allows for a covering to come down over the gazebo, blocking the rain from entering. It’s like a faux-tent. The cameraman slips in and attempts to shut the flaps, but the wind is causing them to bellow gently. Jin turns back to Jisoo and offers her the box from before. Jisoo is running her fingers through her damp hair when he does so.

Opening the box, Jisoo pulls of a beautiful gradient purple and pink dress. It’s strapless and ankle-length. There’s no way this dress had come cheap. She shoves the dress back into the box, “Okay, oppa, seriously, this is too much.”

Jin frowns, “Is it really bad?”

Jisoo shakes her head, “No! It’s not bad. It’s just… I’m not really a romantic girl. This kind of stuff is… overwhelming.”

“Well, to be honest, I’m not always going through such lengths either,” Jin confesses, setting the box down on the table and taking the dress back out. He stares at it while adding, “For some reason I felt like I needed to do something grand for you. Maybe it was the competition, I don’t know. But despite this, I don’t feel very satisfied.”

“I’m not a hard girl to please, you know,” Jisoo says, coming closer to Jin. She rests her chin on his shoulder, “But if it’ll please you, I can change into the dress.”

Jin smiles softly and shakes his head, “No, you don’t have to do that. We can just head back, if you like.”

“No way!” Jisoo grabs the dress out of Jin’s hands and holds it defensively, “I like it, the colours go beautifully together. It’s like a late sunset.”

“I was hoping we’d get to see the real thing, but all we have is this candle-lit picnic supper,” Jin shakes his head.

“Where am I supposed to change?” Jisoo questions.

“Uh…” Jin freezes, “I hadn’t thought of that.”

Jisoo palms her face and groans, “Oppa!”

“You can just change in here, the covering won’t allow anyone to see.” Jin shoos the cameraman out of the tent and turns back to Jisoo. She stares at him expectantly, but his eyebrows knit, “What?”

“What do you mean, ‘what’? Get out!” Jisoo shoves Jin out of the open flaps and crosses them. She says from the inside, “Hold the flaps closed for me. And don’t you dare peek!”

“I’ll turn my back and hold it backwards,” Jin promises, doing just as he says.

Jisoo hesitantly changes into the dress slowly, careful not to spoil the expensive dress. Luckily, she’d worn a strapless bra. When she comes to the zipper, Jisoo panics a little when it gets caught. If she has to ask for Jin’s help to zip her up, she’ll die of embarrassment. Fortunately, she manages to pull it up and takes a deep breath of relief knowing she is good to go.

She’s about to let Jin know she’s changed when she stops to think of what she’ll do with her hair. Not having many resources to work with, she throws her damp hair up into a bun. It’s better up than dripping on her shoulders. She taps on the flap separating her and Jin’s back and says, “It’s all clear.”

Jisoo’s teeth chatter when Jin lets the flaps go and turns around to see her. Jin’s hair and suit have become damp from standing out there for the last three minutes, but it somehow adds to his appearance. He first looks at Jisoo with surprise, then approval, then concern when he notices her chattering. Quickly, he slips his suit jacket off and onto Jisoo’s bare shoulders. Jisoo takes the jacket gratefully and moves out of the way of the opening just before the cameraman enters.

Jin gestures towards the table, and the two of them eat the meal he prepared. Despite the romantic set up, they end up having casual and comfortable conversations, forgetting about the camera all together. As it gets near the end of the meal, they get goofier. Jin’s jokes become funnier and Jisoo’s antics match-up and the rest of their night is filled with laughter.

“How is it?” Jennie asks Yoongi expectantly.

“Mmm,” Yoongi thinks for a moment, “The rice is a little dry and the pancake burnt.”

Jennie pouts and places the bowl of rice she’d been feeding Yoongi back on the tray. She picks it up and turns to go but Yoongi holds onto the back of her hoodie. He pulls her back and says, “I’m kidding! It’s really good. Almost comparable to Jin hyung’s.”

“Almost?” Jennie repeats, raising a brow at him over her shoulder.

Yoongi grins and pulls her down to his lap before reaching around her to take another bite of the rice, “Is that what I said? I mean it’s better.”

“Good,” Jennie nods in approval, watching Yoongi eat over her shoulder. “I’m glad you won’t starve to death.”

Yoongi drops the spoon into the empty bowl and nuzzles his forehead in Jennie’s neck, causing her to giggle. He taunts, “I’m still hungry. What else can you offer me?”

“What are you in the mood for?” Jennie asks, feigning ignorance.

“A customized meal,” Yoongi describes, his lips. “My favourite meal.”

Jennie shakes her head, “I think you’ll get tired of it if you have too much.”

“On the contrary,” Yoongi closes the space between their faces, “I think I’m an addict...”

“Wow, it’s raining hard!” A loud voice calls out from the foyer just as their lips brush. Jennie jumps off of Yoongi’s lap with the tray still in her hands. She clears while Yoongi readjusts himself in his chair.

“I know! Good thing we came back before we could get caught in it,” Another voice agrees, shutting the apartment door. The same voice calls out, “Hello? Is anyone home?”

The owner of the voice starts walking through the hallway and passes by the open door to Yoongi’s room before backing up to peer in. Hoseok raises a brow, “What, you guys can’t hear us or something?”

Lisa joins Hoseok in the doorway and looks at the two suspiciously, “Why do I feel like we’re intruding on something...?”

Jennie walks past them, acting casual. A little too casual. Refusing to address the situation, she steps out of the room and towards the stairs, calling back to the two, “I made fried rice and potato pancakes upstairs. Help yourselves.”

“Yum!” Lisa exclaims excitedly, skipping behind Jennie upstairs to where the food is waiting.

Hoseok looks back at Yoongi who is avoiding eye contact. Hoseok narrows his eyes and enters the room while chiming, “Hyung~~~, what did you do?”

Yoongi shrugs, “Nothing. We ate.”

Hoseok doesn’t say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter