1.15 - Part 5 of Channel Switch - We Got Married Edition: Catch Me If You Can

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung wakes up to the noise a honking alarm. Feeling slightly disoriented, Taehyung wonders where he is when he opens his eyes to a room of pink. He becomes aware of a pair of arms wrapped around his waist and turns to see Lisa’s sleeping face facing his. For a moment he’s startled until he remembers the previous night.

Pondering whether or not to wake her, Taehyung decides against it. He reaches over her and shuts her alarm off before resettling himself back into his resting position. Would it be creepy if he doesn’t wake her? Well, his intentions are good since he wants her to be well rested. However, it is creepy that he chooses to watch her resting face. But since no one else is in the room, he’ll ignore the feeling of being creepy and get away with it just this once.

Lisa’s hair is placed into two loose braids - one on each side of her head. With her position facing him, her bangs are swept out of her face, exposing her smooth forehead. Taehyung’s lips curl into a small smile noticing it. It’s confusing to him why he can’t bring himself to look away, but something about the purity in her resting expression is calming to watch.

A slight breeze enters the room, causing Lisa to shiver and shimmy closer to Taehyung. Her head is now resting on his chest, leaving Taehyung even more trapped in her embrace.

Just a few more minutes, Taehyung thinks, relaxing himself. He shuts his eyes and takes a deep breath. Unfortunately, the movement causes Lisa’s eyes to flutter open.

Like Taehyung, it takes Lisa a second to identify the large moving pillow she’s holding is an actual person - her crush, no less - and that she’s got him trapped in her bed. She yelps and jumps back, surprising the two of them.

Taehyung immediately places a finger to his lips and the two freeze, wide-eyed and staring at each other as they wait a few seconds in case someone barges in. Luckily, after a minute goes by, the two of them can breathe.

Immediately, Taehyung sits up in the bed and stands to his feet. He turns to Lisa and whispers, “How are you?”

Lisa bites her lip and shrugs, “I guess I’m okay…” She sits up in her bed and adds, “I thought you said you were going to stay until I fell asleep, then go.”

Taehyung scratches the back of his neck guiltily, “Yup, that was the plan. I guess I dozed off. But you seemed to have slept well, so I think my job is done here.”

Taehyung slowly turns to go. When he does, Lisa kicks herself for not asking him to stay.

Taehyung is ever-so-careful about shutting the door to Lisa’s room. He’s proud when the door shuts without a creak, as though he was never there. However, he takes one step - not even a real one, like a tiptoe - when he hears a voice call out to him.

“Hyung?!” Taehyung freezes and turns to see Jungkook coming down the stairs. The maknae is watching the elder boy with suspicion and shock. He voices his thoughts, “What are you doing sneaking out of the girls’ room this early in the morning?!”

“I was returning Lisa’s face-wash,” Taehyung lies, not bothering to really sell the excuse. If he does, it’ll look even more suspicious.

Jungkook skips down the stairs and raises a brow at Taehyung, “You and Lisa?”

Taehyung rolls his eyes, “Don’t.” He heads towards the room the two of them share.

“What am I doing?” Jungkook asks, feigning nonchalance. He follows Taehyung, hot on his heels, “I’m not the one leaving a girls’ room early in the morning.”

Taehyung opens the door to their room and freezes. He turns back to Jungkook and says smugly, “No, but you’re the one with a girl in your bed ‘this early in the morning’.”

“What?” Jungkook asks in annoyance before peeking over Taehyung’s shoulder to see Rose lying peacefully in his bed. He stands there in shock while Taehyung laughs at him quietly. Annoyed, Jungkook shoves Taehyung out of the doorway before approaching his bed. Taehyung leans against the doorframe with an amused grin as Jungkook sits on the edge of his bed and places his hand on Rose’s shoulder, gently nudging her awake. “Hey, hey, Rose? It’s time to get up.”

“Let her sleep,” Taehyung instructs, shaking his head. Jungkook doesn’t know the art of chivalry.

It’s too late though. Rose’s eyes flutter open and she gasps when she sees Jungkook nudging her awake and Taehyung standing at the doorway. She holds her face with her hands in embarrassment and stutters, “Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry! I came to check on you and you weren’t here, then I texted you but I was tired and I really, really didn’t mean to-”

“It’s okay,” Jungkook cuts her off reassuringly. “But I was thinking you’d probably find your own bed comfier.”

Rose nods in agreement and immediately rushes to get off the bed that doesn’t belong to her. She bows in apology before rushing to leave the room, bowing a greeting to Taehyung before doing so. She doesn’t, however, argue with Jungkook that she would prefer his bed over hers. Something about it feels safe… Hers just feels lonely.

Taehyung laughs at Jungkook evilly before getting his revenge, “You and Rose, huh?”

“Shut up,” Jungkook throws back at him, unsure of himself whether his own words are jokes or are with malice. He shakes his head, “I was gone one night. What the heck happened here?”

“You came home to have a woman in your bed,” Taehyung wiggles his eyebrows, “Doesn’t seem like too bad of a scenario to me.”

“Gross hyung, since when did you become such a ert?” Jungkook throws a pillow at Taehyung then freezes, coming to a realization before warning his hyung, “Don’t tell me your dirty thoughts are coming because of dirty actions.”

“What?!” Taehyung snaps to attention, “Yah! Do you want to get beat?”

“I mean it hyung,” Jungkook presses. “Don’t tell me you did anything inappropriate last night.”

Taehyung shakes his head in disbelief. Not feeling the need to explain himself - since he is innocent, after all - Taehyung responds, “So what if I did?”

Not having an answer to that Jungkook pushes his way past Taehyung to exit the room. He slams Taehyung’s shoulder on his way out and slams the door. Taehyung wants to yell after him for making such a loud noise that’ll definitely wake the rest of the housemates up, but he decides against it. Any further confrontation will only escalate and exasperate the situation. He just opens the door and enters the hallway in time to hear the front door shut. In the hallway, pretty much everyone is sticking their heads out of their room to watch where the noise is coming from.

Rose asks, “Didn’t he just get home?”

“Should someone go after him?” Jin asks, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Namjoon stares at Taehyung before advising the younger male, “Whatever happened between the two of you, you guys need to figure it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter