1.27 - Courage

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The coming days following Yoongi and Jennie’s breakup causes a lot of tension in the house. After discovering that Jennie and Yoongi’s relationship had been discovered by Yang Hyunsuk, it caused a strain in each relationship. Each couple is now contemplating following the same fate of breaking up. Jennie advised the girls to choose for themselves, just make sure to be a million times more cautious than they already had been.

Jin refuses to think of a break-up, so when Jisoo asked if that’s where they were headed, he declared he won’t accept it. Taehyung and Lisa sat in silence together for a long while, unsure of what to do. Both want to stay together, but if the cost will be that great, they’re unsure if it’s worth it. At this point, staying together feels wrong. Jungkook, like Jin, refuses to let his partner go. He’s finally gotten things right, he can’t afford to lose it. Rose avoids him, though, not wanting to face the situation at hand.

For a while Jennie was angry, just the way Yoongi had made sure she would be. But every time she sees him and how he tries so hard to pretend her presence doesn’t affect him, she knows better. The shifty eyes and the vein on his forehead that shows his tension keep the truth clear. He’s just as miserable as she is. In a way, that’s comforting, but it doesn’t change anything.

Jennie called Lee PD the day after the phone call with Yang Hyunsuk. Lee PD had explained it wasn’t any of his people who’d exposed them, for his team had gone through extensive lengths to hide any evidence of any romance within the house. Every clip mildly over-friendly was cut and immediately deleted. No staff member would purposefully follow them to expose anything. So she knew it wasn’t him or anyone on his team to blame.

In fact, Lee PD really did go through extensive lengths. Recalling all the times she and Yoongi had kissed or laid in his bed and how many times the others have too in that house with all those cameras made her realize how hard it must have been cutting all of that out. She herself can’t tell there’s anything fishy going on behind the scenes between them when she watches the episodes.

“Makes it easy to erase,” Jennie whispers to herself, then shakes her head. She’s been doing too much thinking lately. At this point she probably has the whole ceiling memorised with how much she’s been staring at it these last few days.

The housemates hadn’t even spent the New Year’s celebration together. Luckily for the girls, the boys were out to all the music festivals while they stayed back.

“Were we wrong to do what we did?” Rose asks softly to the group of girls. They’re laying in Jisoo and Jennie’s bed, having just finished watching the boys on screen despite the pain it brings them to do so.

“I don’t think it’s wrong to fall in love.” Jisoo answers, fiddling with the ring on her finger, “It’s just… bad timing.”

“Bad timing? My ,” Lisa scoffs bitterly. “Why should it be? Because we need to ‘focus on our careers’? What career do we have at this point?! Are we even artists? Does sajangnim expect us to sit and fiddle our thumbs?”

“Yes, Lisa, he does,” Jennie says sternly. “And that’s exactly what we should have done.”

Lisa bites back any other comment she may have but she definitely has them. She climbs off the bed and states defiantly, “I can’t accept it.”

“Don’t act hot-headed, Lisa, you have to accept it.” Jennie says, feeling annoyed and taking out her frustration on Lisa. “Where would we be without YG right now? We have to abide by his rules.”

“Screw his rules. Screw all of this.” Lisa heads for the door.

“Do you care about Taehyung enough to throw it all away?” Jennie calls after her.

Lisa whips her head around to Jennie, “Don’t you dare ask me that. You were the one who got caught. You chose your career over Yoongi.”

“I didn’t choose my career over Yoongi,” Jennie spits back through gritted teeth, “I chose Black Pink over Yoongi. How dare you throw that in my face?”

“I just don’t understand why it’s so wrong to fall in love?” Lisa says in exasperation while throwing her hands up in despair.

“We understand how you feel, Lisa, but what are you going to do about it?” Jisoo asks.

Upon hearing the noise of the boys’ arrival home, Lisa says, “I’ll show you what I’m going to do about it.”

With that, Lisa stomps out of the room and heads straight into the foyer where the boys are taking their coats off. She grabs Taehyung by the wrist, not giving him the chance to even start ping his jacket before dragging him out of the apartment.

“Where are you two going?” Namjoon asks after them.

Jennie rushes to the door, sticking her head out and calling after the maknae, “Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!”

Lisa doesn’t responds. Only when she and Taehyung have entered the elevator does she turn to look at Jennie. She waves goodbye as the elevator doors close. Taehyung, confused, looks between the two and senses the tension in the air.

When they’re alone, Taehyung asks, “What was that about?”

“Nothing.” Lisa responds. She hesitates but takes his hand in hers, surprising the older boy.

“Are you allowed to do that?” Taehyung asks, indicating their entwined hands.

“Probably not,” Lisa says with a careless voice and a shrug, but she makes no move to remove her hand. And neither does he. (Continued as a deleted scene ;) ) 

“I’m going to kill her, seriously.” Jennie seethes, angrily stomping back to her room, ignoring the eight other housemates staring after her, including Yoongi.

Jisoo follows after her, “Calm down-”

“Calm down?! Lisa is about to consciously defy sajangnim’s wishes! Basically telling him, and us, to kiss her !” Jennie shouts, unable to contain her anger.

Jisoo comments bitterly, “Didn’t you and I also make the same choice when we decided we were going to sleep with our men?”

“She should learn from our mistakes.”

Jisoo shakes her head, “I don’t think I made a mistake.”

Jennie snickers, “Well I did.”

“Your only mistake was getting caught.” Jisoo says comfortingly.

Jennie bites her bottom lip and shakes her head, “No, my only mistake was ever getting involved with Min Yoongi. That was my mistake.”

“But still. At the end of the day, you loved him. And for whatever that’s worth, it made you happy.”

Jennie snorts, “Hah! What love? That’s straight bull! That was not love. Yoongi made that clear when he said he doesn’t love me.”

“He didn’t say he doesn’t love you.”

“I don’t care what the he said.” Jennie groans angrily, “Ugh, I’m done with this situation.”

“Okay fine, whatever then,” Jisoo says, offended.

“Guys, the tension is really high right now, but can we please tone it down?” Rose pleads. “We’ll figure this out.”

Jennie whips her glare towards Rose, “And how are we going to do that? Huh?”

“Don’t talk to her like that,” Jisoo warns, glaring right back at Jennie.

“Actually, you’re right.” Jennie nods with a sarcastic smile, “Rose, there’s no need to answer my question. The answer is clear to all of us.”

Back in the foyer, the boys look down at their feet awkwardly, hearing all the yelling coming from the girls’ room. Yoongi can feel s’ glances in his direction every time Jennie shouts, but th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter