1.16 - Part 6 of Channel Switch - We Got Married Edition: Wait For Me

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is Jungkook usually rash like this?” Rose has to ask, trying her best to ask without being rude, but out of genuine curiosity.

“Hm, depends,” Namjoon answers, “He’s the kind of guy who’s not used to getting his way. Not saying he’s a spoiled brat, because he just doesn’t know how to respond to situations like that. Sometimes he acts rash like this, other times he grows quiet and learns from afar. I guess whatever happened between him and Taehyung had been something he’d really wanted to win, so he acted out because maybe he lost.”

“He has all of us figured out,” Hoseok says with a proud smile, pointing his thumb in the direction of his leader.

Rose nods, wondering what could have happened back at the dorm for them to end up here, roaming the neighbourhood in the light rain.

Jimin looks over his shoulder at Rose, her mind lost in thought once more. He sighs and looks away in melancholy. Just as Taehyung has things figured out, Jimin can see it too. Rose is clearly interested in Jungkook for reasons he can’t understand and even right now, in this moment, she refuses to stop caring. She cares too much, which is alluring to him, but it’s the wrong people she cares for.

As the four of them near a convenience store, Jimin stops and buys an umbrella for each of them before continuing on in their search for Jungkook, who refuses to pick up calls and texts. Jimin looks up at the sky and has to shut his eyes from the water droplets hitting them. Jungkook-ah, you idiot…

“Oh, Lisa?” Rose questions, pointing at the long-legged girl crossing the street ahead of them. She quickly breaks into a run to catch up, leaving the two boys to follow suit. When close enough, Rose calls out again, “Lisa!”

Lisa stops to turn around at the familiar voice. She almost freezes, unsure of what she’s supposed to do. Rose slows down until she’s directly in front of her best friend, then asks, “Where are you going?”

Lisa bites her lip, “I guess I’m looking for Jungkook.”

“What? Why are you looking for him?” Rose asks, her eyebrows scrunching up in confusion.

“Why not?” Lisa asks with a light-hearted laugh. She points towards the Han Bridge, “I’m gonna go search this way, and I think breaking apart will be easier for us.”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea,” Namjoon advises.

“Yeah, all horror movies start off with the main group separating.” Jimin agrees. When the group turns to him questioningly, Jimin shrugs and adds defensively, “What? You know it’s true.”

“Maybe she’s right,” Rose says, turning to the boys. “Lisa and I can go search around the bridge and you boys can continue looking around here.”

“There’s only one cameraman,” Namjoon notes, pointing at the guy standing to the side.

Rose shrugs, “You guys can take him. Let’s go, Lisa.”

Lisa and Rose quickly head off, leaving the three boys standing on the street. Jimin almost reaches out, but it’s no use and he knows it. She’s only going to get hurt, but she won’t know differently until she figures that out for herself.

“So why didn’t you join the rest of the search party?” Rose asks Lisa while holding the umbrella over the two. Now that the two are free from the boys, Rose feels free to ask.

Lisa bites her lip, clearly holding back. Rose stares at her sideways, wondering what’s going on, until Lisa finally speaks, “I genuinely didn’t think it would be effective for all five of us to go together.”

“But five sets of eyes means nothing goes unmissed,” Rose argues Lisa’s logic. After a moment of silence, Rose asks, “Lisa… Be honest with me. Do you-”

“Sorry, just a second,” Lisa interrupts, feeling her phone vibrate. She worries the text will be from Jungkook, but is happily surprised to see who it really is.

TaeOppaㅋㅋㅋ: Lisa-yah, are you busy?

Lisa: Hmmm, depends. Why?

TaeOppaㅋㅋㅋ: I wanna see you.

Lisa bites her lips at the screen, holding back a squeal. Rose, although curious, waits patiently for Lisa to share what’s on her screen with her. Lisa exclaims, “What do I do?!”

“Hang on,” Rose takes the phone and texts,

Lisa: That’s pretty vague. And something’s come up, sorry!

Lisa gasps at the screen and yanks it back, “What did you do!”

Rose places a gentle hand on Lisa’s elbow, “Don’t worry, he’s playing with you. He’s trying to act coy, but we’re gonna make you win this.”

TaeOppaㅋㅋㅋ: Is it really that important?

“May I?” Rose asks before slipping the phone out of Lisa’s hands. She texts back,

Lisa: More important than what?? Oppa, I’m confused.

TaeOppaㅋㅋㅋ What? I’m confused!

Lisa and Rose giggle before Rose continues.

Lisa: That’s a shame

TaeOppaㅋㅋㅋ: But I already planned a nice lunch for us :(

Lisa: See, why couldn’t you mention that before? Food is way more important than laying in my bed!

TaeOppaㅋㅋㅋ: I thought you said you were busy?

Lisa: Yeah. I lied lol yikes

TaeOppaㅋㅋㅋ: >:(

TaeOppaㅋㅋㅋ: ㅋㅋㅋ my dongsaeng is funny

“He called you his dongsaeng! Kyaaaa~” Rose teases, pushing the phone back into Lisa’s hands. She’s unable to do so because Lisa’s knees give out and she’s squatting down in laughter. While fumbling with the phone, Rose accidentally goes out of the conversation and onto the homescreen, and sees the list of people Lisa’s been texting.

She stops laughing when she sees Jungkook’s name at the very top, right under Taehyung’s. The timestamp says he texted her thirty minutes ago. That was after he ran out.

Rose runs her tongue along the bottom of her lip in anger, what the hell was she thinking, caring about Jungkook when he refused to answer her calls, texts, and messages but is responding to Lisa? Better yet, texting her first?

Taehyung’s text has Lisa flustered for a moment but she jumps back up. “Oh my God! I have to go home and change! Rose, will you be okay on your own?”

“I’ll be fine,” Rose responds sharply. She quickly exits the conversation and hands the phone back to Lisa. He seeked her out specifically. Rose scoffs at the thought. Why is she still trying?

“Okay great!” Lisa, blinded by her excitement, turns to run back the way she came before stopping to realize why she was there in the first place. “Oh! Rose!”

Rose turns to Lisa with a nonchalant smile, “Hmm?”

“You’ll find Jungkook on the Han Bridge,” Lisa says before walking backwards away from her, “Don’t ask how I know, but I do!”

“Thanks,” Rose call back unsurely. Lisa grins at her before turning around and dashing away. Rose shakes her head, “As if I’d go see him when he’s expecting you.”

Instead, Rose pulls her phone out and texts Jimin where he and the rest of the search party are. When he responds that they’re a block away, she goes to find them.

“Hey, where’s Lisa?” Hoseok asks.

“She had to go back, something came up,” Rose responds quickly before changing the subject, “Jimin oppa? Can you take me home? I’m feeling kind of sick.”

“Oh? Sure? I guess,” Jimin stumbles, surprised by the sudden request.

“What about us?” Hoseok protests as Rose takes a hold of Jimin’s arm and leads the two away.

Rose answers, “I heard he’s near the Han Bridge.”

“Where did you hear that from?” Namjoon questions as the two are farther away.

“I wasn't the one to hear it,” Rose throws back bitterly but speaks with a sweet smile. Namjoon’s eyebrows pop up and he purses his lips. Sounds like drama. He’ll have to do some major damage control soon.

“Are you feeling okay?” Jimin asks Rosé when they’re far enough away and it’s just the two of them.

“I just want to go home.” Rose states. Jimin respects her choice and stays quiet, but this makes Rosé feel guilty. She gives him a small smile, “I have to think through some things right now.”

“Well, if you need to talk, I’m right here,” Jimin responds genuinely. Rose smiles and nods at his statement, but Jimin doesn't think she understands. He stops and places a hand on Rose’s shoulder, “I mean it. I’m a good listener. Plus… I know Jungkook like I know the back of my hand.”

Rose gasps and holds a hand in front of in shock, “How did you…?”

Jimin snorts, “Rose, I’m sorry, but literally all of us can tell you feel some way about him.”

“Is it really that obvious?”

“Yes,” Jimin turns away at this, not wanting to show her the disappointment in his eyes.

They stand in an awkward silence before Rose sticks her arms out and pulls Jimin into a loose hug. She places her arms around his torso and loosely holds onto her left wrist, locking him in her embrace. Jimin doesn't hesitate too long before returning the hug, one arm around her shoulders and the other placed gently on the back of her head.

Rose opens to tell him what a great friend he is, but stops herself in time to realize that may ruin everything. Something tells her she’d only hurt him with those sweet words. So instead, she says, “When I’m ready, I’ll come to you.”

Jimin pulls away from her to look at her quizzically, “What do you mean by that?”

Rose shrugs, “I don't know, but when I do, you’ll be the first to hear it.”

Jimin scoffs in laughter, causing Rose to break into a fit of giggles. He ruffles her hair before breaking apart from her, “Come on, let's go home.”

“Wow, I didn't think I could look any more beautiful, but I was wrong.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter