1.06 - "We Live Together! Episode 1: Food is the Best Ice-Breaker!" [WATCH LIVE! WITH BTS AND BLACKPINK]

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: 1. WARNING, this is not like any other chapter I’ve posted! Remember I wanted to make this seem like a real variety show? So I wanted them to react to the first “episode”. BUT, (this is important), THIS CHAPTER CAN BE SKIPPED IF IT’S NOT YOUR CUP OF TEA!

2. Whenever it’s in brackets like [this], it means that is what’s happening in the episode. When it’s not in brackets, that's what they’re doing in real-time. Does that make sense? Hopefully you’ll figure it out while reading.

3. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE support this story by giving it an UPVOTE! I’m so happy so many people are subscribed and enjoy this story, but by upvoting the story you’re supporting me as well and I’d really appreciate it!

“Alright, hello everyone and welcome to the very first live broadcast of BTS and BLACKPINK,” Yoongi introduces, causing the large group of roommates to applaud and cheer together. They are all seated in a semi-circle on stools with nothing else but white in the background. The seats are facing the cameras which are recording them, with a large monitor on the ground where the first episode of “We Live Together!” will broadcast, therefore making it possible to film their reactions.

“How is everyone feeling today?” Yoongi asks, looking to his right where the boys are seated, then to his left at the girls. The seating arrangement goes as Hoseok, Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung, Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi, Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa, Rose.

“Honestly, a little tired,” Jisoo answers.

“Unnie!” Jennie says, shaking her head, “Even if we are tired, we are all still very excited to be here!”

“No, it’s understandable,” Namjoon intervenes, “You guys just had your comeback, correct?”

“Yeah, and you even beat our record!” Taehyung points an accusing finger at the girls.

“Did we do that?” Lisa asks in mock surprise, teasing Taehyung. Taehyung raises a brow and the back of his bottom lip from one side to the other causing Lisa to shrug back.

“Jennie-ssi,” Yoongi suddenly says, turning to the girl seated on his left. Jennie looks back and instantly regrets doing so. It takes her a second too long to register his question, “Can you please explain the concept of your comeback?”

“Uhh… Yeah. So we wanted to show fans a totally new side of Black Pink by singing about loving as though it could be the last time, but also as though the fun will never end.” Jennie responds professionally. The boys nod along and let out gasps of awe at the end, causing Jennie to grin and shyly turn her head to the girls.

“Interesting, did you want to demonstrate?” Namjoon asks.

The girls slowly get up while shy, reluctant smiles cross their faces. They hand their blankets to the staff who takes their stools away as well. Once in formation, the music begins. As Jennie begins her lines, she can’t help feeling Yoongi’s eyes burning her as he watches. The lyrics themselves seemed to fit into her situation all too well. “How dare you stay in my thoughts? My ego’s hurt, I’m worried. My chest is hot and my head keeps pounding. My body can’t be controlled - I’m dizzy!”

Jisoo moves to the front, trying not to think of the boys as they watch. Thinking back to Jin’s ignoring her cookie offering, suddenly the lyrics have new meaning. “You’re like a gasp of sand, almost graspable. You’re not easy, so I’m more attracted to you. My heart isn’t going the way I want it to - I can’t believe it!”

Rose completely ignores the boys and goes straight into her lines, focusing on the choreography. “Can you feel my breath that longs for you now? When I look at you… Missing you. On clumsy days, won’t you set me free?”

Jennie gets back to the front, and as she says her second line, she looks over at Yoongi for a split second, who’s watching with a straight face. “Hold me like I’m gonna burst. Stop thinking - what’s so hard about it?”

“Kiss me like it’s a lie, as if I am your last love.”

Lisa nearly loses composure singing the post-chorus as she watches Taehyung jam out in the corner, serenading Jungkook. Rap Monster and Jin are bobbing their heads along, Hoseok is smiling encouragingly, dancing along, Jungkook is trying to ignore Taehyung and watch the dance intently, while Jimin and Yoongi watch expressionlessly.

As Lisa goes into her rap, Hoseok and Taehyung begin hollering. Taehyung cups his mouth and shouts, “Oppa!” causing Jimin to burst into laughter and Yoongi to turn to look back at Taehyung with a disapproving yet amused smile while the rest of the boys cringe.

Jisoo slows down the song, feeling as though her chest is heavy as she sings, “Time is flying by and my heart gets impatient. My world only thinks of you, missing you - on clumsy days, won’t you set me free?”

Rose ends her lines, and when it gets back to Jennie, she realizes the cameras are focused on her members rather than her, so she looks directly at Yoongi as she sings, “Kiss me like it’s a lie, as if I am your last love.” To this, Yoongi smirks.

Lisa heads back to the front and interacts with the boys, encouraging them to cheer louder, which they do. Feeling satisfied, Jennie sings the bridge with force, “One two three, it’s a new beginning because I won’t ever look back.”

Rose now has sudden thoughts and memories coming to her as well as she sings her lines, “If I throw myself to you, you have to catch me for real because the world can’t hold us down.” She peeks at Jungkook, who’s looking at her in confusion, the same way he did when she refused to join his dance party. Is he really that dense?

As soon as, “Black Pink in your area,” plays, all the thoughts in the girls’ heads disappear and they go back to pumping the faux crowd until the song finishes and they’ve struck their ending pose, earning applause from the boys once more. The girls bow and wait for the staff to bring back their stools before they take a seat.

“Yah, how dare you steal my flying kiss move!” Jin scolds jokingly. “Everyone knows it’s my signature,” He says, just before giving an intense one to the camera.

“It’s so old when you do it,” Yoongi complains, then turns to Jennie. “Jennie-ssi, why don’t you demonstrate how it’s done?”

“Our kiss is more graceful,” Jennie explains, showing the movement of her wrist.

“Mine’s original,” Jin mutters childishly, turning the other cheek.

Namjoon laughs and places a hand on Jin’s knee. “Alright everyone, you’ve waited long enough. The first episode of our new show will begin in a few moments. We’ve invited you to watch the first broadcast with us. We haven’t witnessed any of the footage ourselves, so our reaction will be just as fresh as yours. During commercial breaks, we will be having conversations and interview times about the footage. Now, is everyone ready?”

“Yes!” The whole group responds to Namjoon.

Namjoons grins, “Good, because the first episode starts… Now!”

[The episode starts by showing Black Pink and BTS getting into their respective cars, both completely unaware of the surprise waiting to greet them.]

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter