2.01 - Big Brother: First HOH

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“In just moments, a new batch of Big Brother houseguests will move into their new home and begin the most challenging game of their lives. If you watched We Live Together, you know the houseguests as the 4 members of Black Pink and the 7 members of BTS. But -- there’s a giant twist. One houseguest is playing a completely different game, and the rest? May just get played. I’m your host, TWICE’s Im Nayeon, and in just a moment we will witness the contestants enter the home and compete for the very first Head of Household competition. However, as previously mentioned, one houseguest is not here to win. This individual is the Big Brother Saboteur, his or her task is to make the game harder through havoc. You'll see more on that in the following episodes, but now, we can finally greet the 11 contestants, BTS and Black Pink!”

The live audience begins cheering as one-by-one the Houseguests enter the stage with their bags, ready to enter the home. When they’d first gotten the news about this new format to their variety show, they were very taken aback and nervous. Since both groups are dedicated to their music, it’s going to be hard to spend two months away and in isolation. But, after considering the tranquility in being secluded for once in their life, they took the opportunity.

Of course, they’re not actually secluded since there are cameras and microphones everywhere recording them every second, but out of sight out of mind right? And fortunately, there aren’t Live Feeds, so unless they’re doing something relevant to the game, they won’t be broadcasted. Yang Hyunsuk of all people was the one to help make this a possibility. In fact, he negotiated that the only way to get Black Pink on this broadcast is if they have their moments of peace.

Although no introduction is necessary, Nayeon does call out their names as the come out. She’s familiar with all the contestants personally, of course, so it’s really hard for her to not wave at them. She does smile brightly, which most of them return. Secretly -- or maybe not so secretly -- she’s rooting for Jisoo or Jennie to swoop in with the win.

Once all 11 are standing just in front of the house, Nayeon continues hosting, “Now, Houseguests, I just want to reiterate that the moment you enter the house, you will be cut off from all outside contact for the next 9 weeks -- that’s 63 days. The only way you exit the house is through eviction, or until the final night where you may either win -- or be the runner up. With that being said, Namjoon, Jisoo, Jimin, Rose, and Hoseok, you five may enter the house first.”

The five mentioned excitedly step out of line and head inside the house. Immediately upon entering, they rush to check out the house and rooms they will be staying in.  They rush past the living room with the two large couches and two sitting chairs creating a horseshoe facing the television (which is only used for communication purposes with the Host during eviction nights), and rush straight to the bedrooms area on the left. There is a green, plant-designed room with five beds connected to the red room by a door, with another 5 beds.

Jisoo throws her bag over a bed in the red room, immediately claiming it, “This one’s mine!”

“Hey, why don’t we all pick this bedroom?” Namjoon suggests, “And maybe we can use this as an advantage. The first five houseguests to enter the game, we can make an alliance right away.”

Hoseok chuckles awkwardly while checking the girls’ reactions.

[Hoseok DR (DR=Diary Room, meaning a secluded room where the houseguest speaks to the camera without worry of being overheard by others. It’s mean’t to be them voicing their inner thoughts): Namjoon-- What are you doing?! We haven’t been inside the house for two minutes and he’s already pitching alliance ideas. I thought this guy was supposed to be smart.]

If the girls were thrown off, they didn’t show it. Rose simply nodded and went along with the idea supportively, throwing her own bag on the bed closest to Jisoo’s.

[Rose DR: Listen guys, I’m super excited to be in the Big Brother house because growing up, I literally watched Big Brother US, UK, Celebrity Big Brother, and of course Big Brother Australia. I’m a superfan, but no one knows that, and I’m going to use that to my advantage. Namjoon suggesting we create this alliance right off the bat is not the wisest choice on his part. Every Big Brother fan knows that if you play too hard in the beginning, you make a big target on your back. But in the grand scheme of things, the girls are outnumbered by the guys. So… If creating an alliance that includes some of the enemy, well, it could be highly advantageous for me. *she shrugs*]

Jimin, jumping on the idea, suggests a name already for this alliance. He holds up his hand with his fingers stretched out to indicate the number 5, “How about we call ourselves the Five Star Alliance?”

“Wow, you picked a name fast,” Jisoo notes with an impressed tone, “That’s pretty good for an on the spot name.”

Jimin smiles smugly, “Isn’t it?”

“So it’s settled!” Namjoon proclaims, “Let’s do a group high-five!”

The five of them awkwardly slaps their hands in the middle and laugh at it before Namjoon waves off the failed attempt at a cohesive high-five.

[Jisoo DR: I’m trying my best to be cautious in this situation. Making alliances without hearing out other competitors has me on edge. I don’t quite know who I can trust yet, so maybe this will benefit me for the short-term. But long-term? It’s probably smarter to make a two-person or three-person alliance. I’m planning on searching for said partner.]

[Namjoon DR: These members of the alliance I just created are probably very suspicious of me right now, but it doesn’t really matter. I studied a few seasons of Big Brother US and know that typically, the first HOH competition is a physical one. So I’m guessing Jungkook will win -- he’s the obvious big muscle in the house -- making him the physical threat. I don’t want to sound arrogant, but I’m concerned I’ll be seen as the intelligent threat during quiz games and mental challenges. Therefore, Jungkook will target me, and that is the reason I need to establish some connections immediately.]

[Jimin DR: *groan* Dammit hyung. My game plan was to lay low the first few weeks and stay off people’s radars but you just whisked me right into it. Great.]

Outside, Nayeon addresses the remaining six houseguests, “Alright, the remaining six of you -- Yoongi, Jennie, Jungkook, Lisa, Taehyung, and Seokjin -- may now enter the house. Good luck, and see you on the other side.”

The moment the door to the house opens, the Five Star Alliance make a move to exit the room so as not to be suspicious of the already formed alliance.

“Show me where the beds are at~” Lisa calls out in a sing-song voice as she rushes to find herself a comfy bed. She’s followed shortly after by Yoongi, who’s looking for the best napping spot for the summer.

Lisa walks through the green bedroom and enters the red, only to see all the beds taken already. “Oh-- okay. That’s fine guys! The plants remind me of home anyway.”

[Lisa DR: Am I crazy for feeling a little suspicious that all five of them chose the same room? They couldn’t have all preferred red.]

Yoongi immediately plops himself onto a bed and shuts his eyes. Honestly, the bed's pretty comfortable. He can see himself sleeping here often.

[Yoongi DR: You know what I want? To be the first one eliminated so I can relax in the Jury House away from this game of manipulation and stress. But that’s just me.]

Jungkook stakes out the bedrooms and makes the same protest as Lisa, "Hey, if anyone from the red room wants to sitch, I'm totally down."

[Jungkook DR: *leaning back comfortably with his right ankle on his left knee and elbows resting outwards on the comfy chair* I’m gonna be honest, I’m not worried. Either I’ll win the competitions, or I’ll align myself with the winner and have them know I’m more of a physical asset than a threat.]

Taehyung on the other hand is checking out the kitchen and bathroom areas before heading to the bedrooms. His not very much concerned with where he'll be sleeping. He'll let the others determine their beds first, and then he'll analyze their games based on where they choose to sleep and who they choose to sleep next to.

[Taehyung DR: I have a feeling everyone in the house underestimates my physical capabilities and my intelligence. I’m gonna have to prove myself to them if I want to earn some respect and credibility in the end. Time to draw some lines in the sand.]

Jennie, like Yoongi, wants very desperately to take a nap immediately. But, she knows it's important to stay with the house in the beginning and remain present in their activities to be included and not the odd one out. Her bed i in the corner of the green room, next to Yoongi's. And as she stands over it, placing her bag on top to cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter